PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the golden flower?

djkowai
01-23-2007, 04:21 AM
Has anyone else seen this movie? I watched it with my dad last week at sort of an artsy fartsy theater. Wow was i amazed, instant classic in my mind. While his name slips my mind at the time(director of hero, house of flying daggers), his vision as a director never ceases to amaze me. From the characters to the scenery and costumes and the like, the entire package from start to finish was mindblowing. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it, and what they had thought. If not id recommend it to anyone.

florante rea
01-23-2007, 05:52 AM
i seen a preview when i was on vacation in the philippines. it looked good to me. is it out yet in theathers? just wondering.

LookOut Nick
01-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I ve seen this movie...it wasn't all that great. No action, all drama.The stunts IMO were poorly coordinated and didnt not appear realistic (or as realistic) as asians floating through the air as i should be. If you want a good foreign film to go see find a theater thats showing Baneco Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth

wickdmarz
01-23-2007, 08:47 AM
I wanted to see Curse of the Golden Flower...doesn't it have that chick from Memoirs of a Geisha in it? I also want to see Pan's Labyrinth it's finally out on wide release.

180sExy
01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I plan on seeing Curse of the Golden Flower this weekend! but just wondering if anyone has seen Ong-Bak part2??????

LookOut Nick
01-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I wanted to see Curse of the Golden Flower...doesn't it have that chick from Memoirs of a Geisha in it? I also want to see Pan's Labyrinth it's finally out on wide release.

Yeah Pan's was phenomanal. Saw it on saturday, and walked away with a great impression.There's been a stint of foreign flicks i have seen in theaters lately...Perfume. Story of A Murderer was also Pretty good.

Wei240
01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
ong bak 2 you mean the protector, with same story line hahaha...
didn't know ong bak is making part 2, that'll be cool

back on topic, i was expecting much more action, yes, this is very drama filled, so expect a very slow going movie...

it is very colorful though,
i like hero and flying daggers much better,

actually i didn't like the ending of flying daggers, i wished they made part 2, i wanted to see what happens in the end when the government is approaching their lair

woodchuck
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
face value, curse of the golden flower was exactly what it was. its very "traditional" hong kong cinema. i would have been dissapointed if the music to the ending credits was "Wu-tang Clan aint nuttin to Fuck Wit!" or some other rap song. so at least it kept it "real" throughout the entire movie.

Pan's Labrynth is next on my list.

florante rea
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
if u guy's like japanese or martial art's movie i would recommende shinobi, the blind swordsmen and azumi 1&2.

180sExy
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
ong bak 2 you mean the protector, with same story line hahaha...
didn't know ong bak is making part 2, that'll be cool
naw dont mean the protector i have that but they made an ong bak2 i saw it on ebay i just was wondering if anyone has seen it.

Loofee95SE
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
I didn't know they has Ong Bak 2, I know that the same guy ( Tony Jaa) has another movie that was just released in Thailand....Don't know the name of it yet. but it should be interresting. ( he was riding on a big Giant rocket). C

OptionZero
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
+1 for Gong Li

exitspeed
01-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Not about this movie but since we're on the topic of Martial Arts movies. I say The Protector this weekend...Didn't liek it all that much. There was some pretty dope choreographed scenes but most of it was less artistic compared to Yen Wu Ping choreographed movies. But dude does have some serious skillz. The plot was rather dumb too IMO. I'm not sure if that's how it really is in with Elephants there or not, but it still wasn't that great a plot. Funny how the trailer doesn't hint at it being about an elephant protector at all.