PDA

View Full Version : anybody wanna do my tranny swap?

5t341tH
01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
hey guys. my auto tranny is killing me. it doesnt reverse so i need my auto>manual swap done ASAP. i have school starting in a week so im loooking for any1 local that wants to do my tranny swap for me. i would do it myself but my frend is always busy with his job so i cant do it with him.
i believe i have all the parts needed to do this swap cuz i bought a 5spd parts car.
any1 want to do this swap for me? i will pay you. im trying to do this swap this weekend b4 school starts.
i've already installed the clutch pedal and lines. only thing needed is the tranny itself and wiring.

thanks let me know :)

cmcdougle
01-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Do you have the lower harness and the ECU? It would also make your life easier if you changed the engine harness to one from a 5spd.

JesusFreakDrifter
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
doesn't need to though, i just performed mine, the week school started, missed two days, but it got done, hopefully you get yours up and done with in time g/l

SiI40sx
01-23-2007, 07:13 PM
auto ecu's on 13's are compatible with 5spds

chlatboy
01-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Besides the cold start problems, auto ecus work fine. And no need to use 5 speed harness. It will only cost you more money to source it out. You can really do it in a day.

5t341tH
01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
does any parts need replacing? i've taken the parts off a working 5spd. do i/should i replace anything? do i need to buy the big ass gasket that goes between tranny and engine?
and how many quarts of tranny fluid does it use?
thanks

breakindrifts
01-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Big ass gasket? Only thing that goes between the tranny and engine is a thin metal plate, it's a dust shield for the flywheel and not necessary.

Make sure you change your rear main seal. It tends to leak on most s13's, and cant be changed unless the trans and clutch is out, so this is a good time to do it.

Dont forget to resurface your flywheel.

2.5 quarts of fluid for the trans. Redline Mt-90 works best.

UNITEDMASTER
01-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Hello , dont forget to tap in a new pilot bushing !!!!

sillyvia13
01-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Hello , dont forget to tap in a new pilot bushing !!!!
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5t341tH
01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
hey guys im in need of some help. im missing the 6 pressure plate bolts and the 6 shifterplate bolts. do u guys know where i can pick those up? would the dealership carry these parts? and the part #s? i checked my fsm and i dont see it. thanks

chlatboy
01-25-2007, 03:10 AM
you can find them at a stealer ship. they tend to be a bit expensive. LIke around 2 bucks a bolt. Not too sure on what you mean by teh shifterplate bolts tho.

breakindrifts
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
hey guys im in need of some help. im missing the 6 pressure plate bolts and the 6 shifterplate bolts. do u guys know where i can pick those up? would the dealership carry these parts? and the part #s? i checked my fsm and i dont see it. thanks

The shifter plate bolts you can find at a hardware store or Napa.

Pressure plate? Theres no pressure plate on a manual car, only the flywheel. The bolts for the auto pressure plate and manual flywheel are the same I think. If not I know Napa sells them if you dont feel like paying $1.80something per at nissan.

UNITEDMASTER
01-25-2007, 10:16 AM
The shifter plate bolts you can find at a hardware store or Napa.

Pressure plate? Theres no pressure plate on a manual car, only the flywheel. The bolts for the auto pressure plate and manual flywheel are the same I think. If not I know Napa sells them if you dont feel like paying $1.80something per at nissan.

Hello, NO PP HMMMMM interesting,also the ones your thinking about are not the same either,same thread different length.:bigok:

What your looking for iirc its 10x1.25x 25-30, the ones for the shifter are same thread & pitch just longer:bigok:

chlatboy
01-25-2007, 12:36 PM
hahaha. No pressure plate. thats a good one!

5t341tH
01-25-2007, 02:12 PM
oh i checked the dealer and its 16 bucks for the 12 bolts i need. too bad its gonna take until monday to get my order in. and with school starting on monday, i need it done quick styles :(

breakindrifts
01-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Fuck I was thinking of FLEX plate.

Damnit.:faint:

JesusFreakDrifter
02-01-2007, 08:32 PM
paid 18 for 6 bolts, make sure you jumper the wire harness plug near the fuse box, it only has two wires going into it, take the male or female end i forget right now, basically wire the two wires into each other and plug it into the connector otherwise, it will not start, trust me. hopefully u understand what im talking about otherwise go on www.ka24dedevelopment.com