PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me find a motor?

CoasTek240
01-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok, Ive been looking for a motor for sometime now. I have a rebuilt KA that has a cracked 4th cylinder possibly. I need a new long block, cheap (no rebuild required) or a new KA motorset or an sr20 motorset.

I know i can afford a redtop sr from JGY, but i would need to pay a buddy $800 to install plus fabricate a couple things, (i.e. downpipe and Ic pipiing is all i could think of)

does anyone know what i can do? I prolly only have $3K to play with...max right now.

ThatGuy
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Motors are really cheap. I have a couple of them in my car. One of them makes my windshield wipers go back and forth. Engines on the other hand are a little more costly. :D

:keke:Just giving you a hard time. Good luck with the search. :bow:

Unholy S14
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
id browse the classified sections

cheap motors always come up

infinitexsound
01-22-2007, 09:48 PM
pick and pull buddy.. stop being a douche bag.. lazy mofo... im tired of crap posts like yours... im gonna start being an OG and regulate on u mofo's...

SimpleSexy180
01-23-2007, 01:12 AM
iono he lives in PA though...dunno how many junkyards are out there with 240's laying around.

If you can afford the sr swap then do it.

CoasTek240
01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
thatguy for one i am looking for an engine. ka24de to be precise.
to everyone else. I'm not an idiot. I made this post bc i was looking for help? its called networking. I know to look in the classifieds. I do multiple times daily. Im not looking to spend as much as i need to have a reliable SR, but i will if need be. If i cant find a KA soon to my likeing (low mileage) then i guess ill buy an sr. i dont have the time and my money is limited to $3k for everything to be done. I have a very reputable guy that installs SR's daily for $800 and Ka's for $500. so thats where i run into problems. a low mileage KA is too scarce, a new KA is too pricey and an SR is not what i wanted but also a lil more than i was willing to spend. if anyone can help at all itd be much appreciated.
email me @ [email protected]

ThatGuy
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as a KA with low mileage. Might be a good time to tackle a rebuild. :D

iwishiwas-all*
01-23-2007, 06:26 PM
bro if u do the work yourself u save mucho money
i did my wireing myself, the install i did twice, and i was sold 2 blown motors, so in the end i had the motor shop pay to have a mecanic finish the job
but in closing, its def possible to be runnin a sr20 for cheap, i mean i got my sr rad for 50 bucks with a shroud 50 bucks for the smic and pipeings, and i got a sr oem dp for free, so u can do it for cheap, or if u live in fla, u can get a ka motorset for liek 350 easy

bamaboy
01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
dude do your own research....you've got over 2k posts....you have to know whats going on around here by now......that's just shitty of you to even start this thread.....I vote for a LOCK!!!

Tenchuu
01-23-2007, 08:05 PM
good initiative, bad posting. this would have been a great un flames post in the regional section. other than regional, i would consult the FS thread here, nico, and freshalloy. Off topic is just too broad a scope to be asking specific questions like this.

and yeah i know more people seee it here, but would you rather have someon accross the US say he has one and won't ship, or find someon close that has one for you?

also check for local car clubs and network yourself there. you will get leads like that that you won't here.

punxva
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
hey dave, i know dan is trying to sell his car, maybe he could part out just the engine to you or something, but yea 240's are pretty scarce in the junkyards in southern Va, trust me i've been looking for a new intake manifold for 3 months now lol, btw did you ever sell that fmic? also i need your cell # cause i got a new phone, cause if you still got that fmic ill get that shit from you bro. Also try checking Dragva or as it's called now VaDriven, someone might be selling a motorset

CoasTek240
01-25-2007, 07:38 AM
first of all the only reason i should be getting any flaming is because i posted this in off topic. this would be a completley valid post in WTB or regional. however it rediculously hard to find 240 parts in S VA.
that guy- i think i might be tackeling a rebuild. I have a good engine, with a ton of new parts, but the block is cracked. i may just get another block.
does anyone know where i can get a KA block. used and i could send it to a machine shop for cleaning and have my new internals installed.

CoasTek240
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
ok so im considering and AMS performance built shortblock.
http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=24_62_303&products_id=748
thing is its going to cost $800 more to install and im sure another $100-$200 in various shit. thats $3500 im looking at spening but at least ill knwo its a quality product. any suggestions, gripes, or concerns?