PDA

View Full Version : 350z

Dutchmalmiss
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Now that the 350z's been out for a couple years already, for those of you that own one, how do you like it so far? I'm gonna be in the market for one later this year, and I'd like to know, from a Z-owner POV, how it is. Is it reliable? How do the mods respond with the motor? Basically, what is your overall review on this car of such legendary history? What do you like? what don't you like? For those of you who don't own one, yet have test driven one, you can chime in too. i hope the replies will be enough to make me bite the bullet and bring home a Z one day!!!!! thanks!!!!!!

PS - some pros and cons would help too, so i know what to watch for.

jdizzy204
01-22-2007, 09:28 AM
i have a g35 coupe and i enjoy the car a lot. it is a blast to drive and the exhaust note is just dead sexy. the problem with these cars is that they dont respond very well to simple mods. u can go out and spend 1500 bux on an exhaust(yes only an exhaust) and be happy if you gain 10 hp. also if you want to go forced induction, dont plan on seeing numbers over 400 without building your motor. and like F/I for newer cars always are, its very expensive to boost a 350z/g35. if u want to boost it, look at spending circa 10k and only seeing around 400 hp. imho, the 350z/g35 is best enjoyed in stock form b/c its reliable and gets fair gas mileage. get a project car on the side and leave the z stock, u will thank me.

Dutchmalmiss
01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
nice, reliable is what i like to hear haha! All i really plan on doing is some light suspension mods and the bolt-ons, as this would be my daily driver with my SR s13 as my project.

sean350z
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
350z is my daily driver and it's a great car. Be careful when you buy if you buy used. Some 2003 models have some serious issues with tire wear, transmissions, several small problems. I have a 2003 and don't have any of these issues other than a few small crap going bad (window motors, hatch shocks, latch, etc.) Paint quality sucks so make sure you get a clear bra to protect your bumper/hood if you drive highways a lot. I've heard 2005/2006 VQs are having problems with oil consumption so I'd check that as well. My 2003 does eat oil but about 1 quart every 4k miles which is better than some of the 2005/2006s.

I love the car 53k miles and all.

komanji
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
My wife drives an '04 G35c and it's been a fantastic car. My recommendation to you would be to consider going with the Infiniti, if at all possible, since you will definately grow to appreciate the little things about daily driving it over time - such as a back seat.

jdizzy204
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
agreed^^ if at all possible get a g35, in my experience it was a lot easier dealing with infiniti service rather than nissan service.

supracrazy
01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
agreed^^ if at all possible get a g35, in my experience it was a lot easier dealing with infiniti service rather than nissan service.

I have a 2003 Z as my daily. Reliability? Not very good, but just like any new car introduced. I'm on my 4th transmission, I had to take it in for a clunk noise in the driverside suspension, the driver seat would move back and forth (some linkage problem?) the car would shut off if I put it in nuetral on the high way. I brought it in for that and it was the crank angle sensor, and there is a recall on the fuel line or something like that, which i havent gone in for yet. Reliable? yea, I would say that it has never left me on the side of the road but It has had alot of warranty work. I guess that the problem with 03s if I were you I would get a 04.5 or newer.
Nissan Service Sucks!

I wouldn't go with a G coupe dont really like the styling of it but thats just me. the only problem I see that you would have in the Z is the fact that it is a 2 seater which sucks.

Unholy S14
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought about selling my fd for one but now i dont think i will but will wait for the for the new 350z in 2008.

cnile51
01-22-2007, 04:09 PM
dont do it.... insurance is high, mods are very expensive, you cant make a lot of power unless you really build the motor. one of the weaker parts are the rods and if you turbo you may or may not break internals depending on how you drive and your tuner. bugs galore in the 03-04 models but thats with any car. window motors, rattling, factoy alignment were all big issues...

other than that its alright!

build your sr, get an evo or sti, or o what i did buy a skyline.........

Jung918
01-23-2007, 12:52 AM
I had a 2004.5 350z. I had the tire feathering issue but that was the only problem. Not sure if it was fixed in the 05+. Other then that, it was a fun car but not really pratical as there really isn't much of a trunk. No need for 2 sports cars. I would say that the G35 would be a better daily driver.

Dutchmalmiss
01-23-2007, 01:39 AM
hmm, i'm not very encouraged right now haha! it's ok, there is no perfect car anyways. are these warranty problems an issue for everyone, or do you believe it was a hit or miss thing for you supracrazy?? as far as practicality, in terms of cargo/2-seater, my dad has a 4-door frontier if i ever do need more space to go somewhere with. what i'm tryin to say is that i'm still young and i wanna enjoy a great, stock nissan sports car for a couple years before i actually settle down with a more practical car later in my life, and i think a Z would do that for me.