PDA

View Full Version : Help a Zilvian in need with 240sx research!

sizzlinbeef
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey I'm a long-time lurker on this forum, and was hoping you guys could help me out with a class project (statistics). My topic is going to be on the 240sx. I need sample data, and it is important to keep responses confidential, so it would be a big help to me if you could send me a PM telling me #1: whether you own an s13 or an s14 (if both, choose which one you primarily drive) and #2: how many hours per week (whole number) you spend working on this car (maintenance, repair, washing, etc).

PM is definately preferred, if you post data as a reply, I most likely won't use it.

Once again, thanks alot if you can help me out!

-Mike

mrmephistopheles
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
No thanks. :ughd:

sizzlinbeef
01-21-2007, 04:03 PM
yeah, don't let the confidentiality stuff scare you, its just guideline stuff I have to follow (people respond more truthfully when responses are anonymous), all I'm doing is tallying numbers in 2 categories.

ThatGuy
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Why should anonymouse matter? You are asking how much they work on their car a week, not how often they abuse controlled substances.

sizzlinbeef
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
it's just human nature, if everyone sees everyone else's response, then there are going to be some people (not the majority) who inflate their numbers to look superior (why people would care is beyond me, but it happens).

mjjstang
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
damnit people quit getting hung up on worthless bullshit matters, just answer the question.

Tenchuu
01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey I'm a long-time lurker on this forum, and was hoping you guys could help me out with a class project (statistics). My topic is going to be on the 240sx. I need sample data, and it is important to keep responses confidential, so it would be a big help to me if you could send me a PM telling me #1: whether you own an s13 or an s14 (if both, choose which one you primarily drive) and #2: how many hours per week (whole number) you spend working on this car (maintenance, repair, washing, etc).

PM is definately preferred, if you post data as a reply, I most likely won't use it.

Once again, thanks alot if you can help me out!

-Mike

1. what sort of beef do you sizzle? and 2. how long do you sizzle said beef?

theicecreamdan
01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
it's just human nature, if everyone sees everyone else's response, then there are going to be some people (not the majority) who inflate their numbers to look superior (why people would care is beyond me, but it happens).

That is the troof. It wouldn't be as big of a difference in the results as you would get to many topics, but I'd be willing to bet that the results would be different.

As for your questions, I think you should be a little more specific you should specify what kind of work. The way your question is worded now the results won't really have any meaning at all. If you wanted to find out which chassis was more reliable you would want to know about repair work, if you wanted to prove that S14 owners are more ricey you would ask how many hours a day people spend re-aligning the headlights on their front end conversions.

breakindrifts
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Why do people do school related shit on 240sx/drifting?

chibo
01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Because it's something they're interested in? :loco:

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM

If they are on this forum, they are obviously interested in drifting and 240's.

If you are stuck in school, why not make it interesting?

ALTRNTV
01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
If they are on this forum, they are obviously interested in drifting and 240's.
Let me correct that for you.

If they are on this forum, they are obviously interested in 240's.

:)

drift freaq
01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would concur with above.

breakindrifts
01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Of course it's what they are interested in, just sometimes I read posts where people are making it hard for themselves by choosing a topic (one that interests them) but is hard to do a paper/project on.

Kn1ves
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
they ask about 240s and drifting because world hunger is obviously already solved.

sizzlinbeef
01-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey, thanks for the PM's guys, I got all the data I needed, frome here, NICO, and ohiodrifting.com. No need for any more replies. I appreciate the support. As far as the specificity of the question, the same issue came up on NICO, and the truth is, this is an introductory project to get us familiar with SPSS and other tools, and to acquaint us with the basic tenets of statistics that we have learned so far. It was suggested to choose a topic we were interested in, and I figured why not gather some data on the 240SX. I am simply going to be analyzing who spends more time on their cars, S13 owners or S14. Whether the results be due to the age of the car, which owners rice their cars more, or whatnot, I will be addressing that in the paper; thats the assignment. If I had the most specific question possible, there wouldn't be a whole lot to discuss/address.

sizzlinbeef
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
1. what sort of beef do you sizzle? and 2. how long do you sizzle said beef?

Enormous tubesteaks for hours on end.

Farzam
01-24-2007, 04:27 AM
Post the project up on here when completed.

sizzlinbeef
01-24-2007, 08:45 AM
will do, it's due thursday so probably shortly after that

sizzlinbeef
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~mw132201/240research.doc

if your interested