PDA

View Full Version : Cause of Death: Glass of water

SiI40sx
01-19-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.nbc11.com/news/10762819/detail.html

Powned by water, i get kinda scared when i have to go to the bathroom now. On a serious note, thats fucking retarded, this is the U.S you dont do that kind of shit here. "Ok we have this revovler, theres only ONE bullet in it, whoever can spin the chamber and fire it on their head without having the bullet to go off the most wins!"

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 02:03 PM
^
The people involved should be prosecuted. Yea she signed a waiver, but contests like that are BS. Even Fear Factor puts people's safety first. Their complete lack of human life is sick.

atom
01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
News stations around here have played clips of the show and the stupid thing is the female DJ said ON AIR, "Maybe we should have researched this more." Theres no way that ladies family won't win a wrongful death suit.

The sad thing is if you go to the myspace pages of the fired DJ's you have all these morons leaving messages saying they shouldn't have been fired. They were all complicit in the death of a listener for a Nintendo Wii for fucks sake.:loco:

180sx Fan
01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I seen this on the news its pretty messed up how someone called in to warn them that what they are doing is dangerous and the Dj says that he knows and they signed waiver so who cares. Something must be pretty fucked up with you when you can just say who cares if they die.

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
i hope that these DJs and everyone involved gets whats coming to them, i mean they obviously were somewhat aware of the dangers of the contest when the DJ says "maybe we should have researched this more" i havnt heard the radio clips (but if someone could link me id appreciate that)...but i read the dialogue, and the comment about them signing waivers didnt seem to sound true. this family should sue the radio station for everything they got, it doesnt replace the lost life, but just like the lawyer said "they need to be made an example of" so that nothing like this happens again

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
^
That's our society for ya. No regard for human life. No compassion. It's really sad.

I'm sure there's people on here thinking, "she shoulda researched it herself." Blah. It's still not cool to to a contest were someone can possibly die.

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 03:22 PM
^^true....oh and +1 for ur avatar Double Dragon! :)

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
^^true....oh and +1 for ur avatar Double Dragon! :)

Hell yea. I'm old shcool like Abobo!

HyperTek
01-19-2007, 06:13 PM
dam thats truely sad.. imagine being remembered "died while holding urine to win a nintendo wii..."

poor woman,.. im surprised a female would take into this contest, isnt it known fact that the female bladder is smaller then males?

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
a women won the contest i believe

Citystars
01-19-2007, 07:35 PM
dude you have to be kidding me..

"hope they get whats coming" Do you really think that the DJs wanted someone to die? When they said they signed a waiver who cares, obviously they were not thinking "if someone dies it dont matter they signed."

it sucks what happened, but.. lol How the fuck can you sue? Person made a bad move and died, just because they hosted the event its not there fault. Honestly, WHO the fuck knows that you can die from too much water?? im sorry, but I didnt know that, and neither did you(most peeps).

Thats why america is retarded, people sue for EVERYTHING..
plz dont bad rep me because my opinion is different

sleepy_s13
01-19-2007, 08:05 PM
the dj's were informed of the risks by a nurse. they didn't tell the contestants that it could be harmful. the woman didnt even win she got second place and some concert tix.

2ilvia
01-19-2007, 08:06 PM
she died trying to win the Wii for her kids.....poor kids

Baka Sama
01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
dude you have to be kidding me..

"hope they get whats coming" Do you really think that the DJs wanted someone to die? When they said they signed a waiver who cares, obviously they were not thinking "if someone dies it dont matter they signed."

it sucks what happened, but.. lol How the fuck can you sue? Person made a bad move and died, just because they hosted the event its not there fault. Honestly, WHO the fuck knows that you can die from too much water?? im sorry, but I didnt know that, and neither did you(most peeps).

Thats why america is retarded, people sue for EVERYTHING..
plz dont bad rep me because my opinion is different

Anyone with any kind of medical knowledge knows you can die from drinking to much water! It could have beeen even worse for everyone if they all were drinking distilled water. And if the DJs didnt know that then they should have researched all the risk before hand. You cant hold an event without knowing all the risks you put people in, its as simple as that. Its called negligence.

America isnt retarded for people like her family who sue, America is retarded for people like you. Spilling coffee and suing Mcdonalds is one thing. Entering a contest and dying because the DJs are ignorant is another.

Flipzide
01-20-2007, 01:00 AM
wow, almost everywhere i went this week, people were talking about it...

anyway i found a sound clip from the show.

http://www.radioearth.com/KDNDWaterIntox.html

A Spec Products
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Very saddening.

Those DJ's didn't help themselves very much.

180sExy
01-20-2007, 02:56 AM
wow they were making a joke of how someone could die but just because that the people had signed waiver they were'nt responsible an how they were saying "maybe we should researched a littel better." i bet thats gonna come back and bite them in the ass later.

SimpleSexy180
01-20-2007, 10:20 AM
bad move on everbodys part.

Unholy S14
01-20-2007, 01:14 PM
not just a glass lol.

but yea...RIP

efextasy
01-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Damn I feel sorry 4 the kids, I wonder if there still gonna wanna drink water now....
Ummmm.........

TiNMAN
01-20-2007, 02:23 PM
im gonna take more pisses when i drink 40's.

RIP

JVD
01-20-2007, 03:15 PM
The radio station effed up letting a contest like that be held. People were also stupid for entering though. Sad...

Farzam
01-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Sucks.
RIP.

downshift_sideways
01-21-2007, 01:51 AM
sucks.

Mos def not a glass of water..

kdashy
01-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Terrible and stupid.

Wei240
01-21-2007, 02:29 AM
:( .

TiNMAN
01-21-2007, 01:34 PM
sucks.

Mos def not a glass of water..

i wouldnt speak too soon. its highly possible for what happened to have happened. does anybody know how long she tried holding it in for?? im thinkin you have to hold a single glass of water in for AT LEAST a couple of days

exitspeed
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
im thinkin you have to hold a single glass of water in for AT LEAST a couple of days

You wouldn't die. You'd get a bladder infection...

ThatGuy
01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that it was like 6 litres of water in her system or something.

TiNMAN
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that it was like 6 litres of water in her system or something.

in that case, her brain was swollen indeed.

SilviaDriver
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
she drank 2 gallons

theronin
01-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I used to work there.

Thats the same building that my 240 was sitting in front of when she was stolen also.

thought you all might like to know :P

illvialuver
01-23-2007, 02:47 AM
dude i drank 22 12 ounce glasses of water a few years back and the vomit is so explossive, but i didnt know that too much water dilutes your blood and you die.

and the dj; s deserve to get thrown in. drs and nurses called in to the station and said, hey someone can die, dont do that, there IS such a thing as water intoxication. and they didnt listen, they wanter ratings, no there show is off the air, and some family has a nintindo wii and no mom. fucked up.

illvialuver
01-23-2007, 02:49 AM
and its not about how much you hold in or not peein, the water diluts your blood cause thats all blood is water and minerals.

put one gallon of gas in your car, and than fill the rest of the gass tank with water and see how well your car runs.

people do the same shit. they die, they dont run.

fohahz
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
damn. what a sad story :-/

s13gold
02-06-2007, 03:53 PM
damn thats crazy......

JtWo
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Eh...thats kinda scarey. Would the same shit happen with Keg Stands? I do alot of those so I'm scared...

LA_phantom_240
02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I think it sucks what happened. Died from holding in too much Wii to win a Wii. Of course, being that I wasnt personally there to know what all was said and what went on the waiver I can only say this: the radio station is not legally responsible for her death, pending what all was in the waiver. Of course, I do believe that they have some sort of moral responsibility, and I also believe that everyone involved should have been better informed as to the dangers of such a stunt. Unfortunately, pending what the waiver said, it should be a pretty cut and dry case, with her family getting nothing. On the other hand, they probably will get quite a large settlement, as they are most likely a large radio station whose reputation with the public is really on the line.

theicecreamdan
02-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Eh...thats kinda scarey. Would the same shit happen with Keg Stands? I do alot of those so I'm scared...

You'll die from alcohol poisoning a long time before you die from being hyponatremic. when all the electrolytes are too diluted in your blood to facilitate neuron firing.

BLITZZZ
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
poor girl.....

that radio dj needs to be shot nazi style in the back of the head for being so fucking stupid