PDA

View Full Version : Robin Thicke

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 08:11 AM
What do you guys think of him? It's nice to hear a nice song on the radio for a change. Noone makes R&B songs anymore with out saying "I wanna fuck you." or "I'm gonna beat it up."

I guess I'm old school cause when I was growing up we had 2 Live Crew, Too Short, Snoop. But we also had nice R&B that was respectable. Jodeci, Silk, Toni Tone Tone, etc. There was a balance.

Anyway, I think he deserves the attention since I feel he's a breath of fresh air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Thicke

Baka Sama
01-19-2007, 08:32 AM
What do you guys think of him? It's nice to hear a nice song on the radio for a change. Noone makes R&B songs anymore with out saying "I wanna fuck you." or "I'm gonna beat it up."

I guess I'm old school cause when I was growing up we had 2 Live Crew, Too Short, Snoop. But we also had nice R&B that was respectable. Jodeci, Silk, Toni Tone Tone, etc. There was a balance.

Anyway, I think he deserves the attention since I feel he's a breath of fresh air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Thicke

Hahaha, Jodeci and Silk respectable music?! What have our morals come to?

Silk - Freak Me

Let me lick you up and down
Til you say stop
Let me play with your body baby
Make you real hot
Let me do all the things you want me to do
Cuz tonight baby I wanna get freaky with you

Baby don't you understand
I wanna be your nasty man
I wanna make your body scream
And you will know just what I
(you know what I mean)
24 carat gold
To warm the nights when you get cold
I wanna lick you up and down
And then I wanna lay you down
C'mon silk

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Silk - Freak Me

Til you say stop
Make you real hot

(you know what I mean)
24 carat gold
C'mon silk

All that is still respectable compared to, "I wanna fuck you". :rolleyes: Seriously, if you whispered half of Freak me into a girls ear, she'd get all juicy. If you whispered, "I wanna fuck you" (unless she's a nasty hoe) she's gonna be like "Fuck you".

Baka Sama
01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
No class ghetto ass people + Million Dollars = Wait till you see my D*ck Song

"Nearly a year after the single was released, the album was released on October 3, 2006. The Evolution of Robin Thicke includes songs with Lil Wayne and Faith Evans"

Lil Wayne... hell no
Ill check it out though, Seems cool.

jrmiller84
01-19-2007, 09:05 AM

Silk - Freak Me

Til you say stop
Make you real hot

(you know what I mean)
24 carat gold
C'mon silk

haha, that reminds me of that Pablo Francisco skit (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3565320449283159190&q=pablo+francisco)

"Girl ya fiiiinnnee"

Baka Sama
01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Pablo Francisco and Dan Cook are Funny as hell :rawk:

"Lay you down... Fiiinnnnee!!"

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 09:16 AM
No class ghetto ass people + Million Dollars = Wait till you see my D*ck Song

"Nearly a year after the single was released, the album was released on October 3, 2006. The Evolution of Robin Thicke includes songs with Lil Wayne and Faith Evans"

Lil Wayne... hell no
Ill check it out though, Seems cool.

The song Shooter is w/ Lil Wayne and it actually a pretty good song. I heard it a while back on Wayne's album and had no idea who he was.

Dude was on Steve Harvey Morning show last week and that's how i found out about him. They were given him mad props for being so soulful. They played a few of his songs and their just nice. Stuff you can play to your girl when...you know...Talking to my friend he told me about the Shooter song on Wayne's album and I was like ":wtf: that dude?".

BTW He's Alan Thicke's son.

Baka Sama
01-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Lil Wanye is Alan Thickes son or your friend?

SimpleS14
01-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Don't have the cat's album, but I like the song "Lost without you"...haven't heard R&B songs like that since Maxwell.

FaLKoN240
01-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I have the CD, my girlfriend loves it, when I was down in San Diego, I was supposed to see him in concert, but then he NEVER APPEARED. I was mad, but India Arie was headlining and he was just a special guest, India rocked the house.

ComptonAssDaniel
01-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Robin Thicke sounds exactly like Justin Timberlake...but strangely, his new album is also pretty good.

exitspeed
01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Don't have the cat's album, but I like the song "Lost without you"...haven't heard R&B songs like that since Maxwell.

John Legend is seems like that too.

ALTRNTV
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Robin Thicke's song "Wanna Love You Girl" is dope. It's produced by none other than Pharell. :)

SimpleS14
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
John Legend is seems like that too.

kinda....he doesn't have that high-pitch mellow soft tone in his voice. I don't know if that makes any sense haha

ALTRNTV
01-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree with white Mel about the substance, or lack of, of today's R&B music. Before, there was alot of soulful and respectable lyrics, now it's all about knockin' boots and shit.

Another artist sort of like Robin Thicke, is Craig David. I love his music.

HyperTek
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Robin Thicke's song "Wanna Love You Girl" is dope. It's produced by none other than Pharell. :)

good song.. but i swear every asian likes that song lol

i was jus bitching on myspace about how every new song is strictly club with stupid lyrics.. lemme see ya grill, i wanna jack ya girl etc...

Usher- Confessions- damm i hate that song.. fucked up story .. no kid deserves that type of parents.. lol

trend of being a single baby mammas is on the rise as well.. media influence sells.. go figure

I came from a broken interacial home so i got strong feelings about relationships..

ALTRNTV
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Well.. club songs sell, and it gets everyone pumped up at the clubs. You won't hear underground stuff at the clubs, or no one will dance. Hahaha

HyperTek
01-19-2007, 06:18 PM
well modern club songs from 2002 and up have been crappy lol

A Spec Products
01-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Robin Thicke is the shit.

So is John Legend.

I heard Joe on the radio the other night, he's dropping a new album.

Brian McKnight's new stuff is dope too...peep game:

Brian McKnight - Find Myself In You
http://profile.imeem.com/j6CBw6/music/AXN9yt_o/find_myself_in_you

This is a SICK R&B cut

Strixxxly for the ladies.

exitspeed
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
kinda....he doesn't have that high-pitch mellow soft tone in his voice. I don't know if that makes any sense haha

I was refering to more of his content rather then his sound. He seems to be on that grown up type R&B old school tip. Like I said, shit that can get your girl int he mood.

SimpleS14
01-21-2007, 09:18 AM
I was refering to more of his content rather then his sound. He seems to be on that grown up type R&B old school tip. Like I said, shit that can get your girl int he mood.

ok...then I agree with you on that one. I just got Robin's album and its pretty good. :bigok: Now I have something else to play and the car with a lady friend is riding with me. :)

TiNMAN
01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
i kinda wanna use his single to make a video of me and my car. we'll see what happens, tune in kids.

infinitexsound
01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
i like it.. i have that cd......

if u really wanna list good r&b acts...
disregarding all that BS music thats out now....

ill help..

floetry,d'angelo.maxwell, erykah badu,lauryn hill,groove theory, dwele,keyshia cole,marvin gaye,debarge,rick james,total, faith evans, carl thomas,jaheim,jill scott,alicia keys,goapele.. i can list more.......

anyways... yeah ive been resorting to listening to better music then the shit thats been getting all the highlight lately..... if u really like robin thicke...

check out a new artist names corinne bailey ray... shes a uk artist.. thats got a pretty cool voice.. and her own style... theres alot of really good UK RnB that people dont know about till it hits the state....