PDA

View Full Version : Quizno's or Subway

BC240
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I enjoy Quizno's but im a total Subway whore, Im beyond addicted. Peppercorn Steak FTW? to bad its been axe'd from the lineup.

Would like to hear everyones opinions and tastey subs.

I like the usual fixin's but most important is the buffalo sauce.

ManoNegra
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Quizno's hands down.
Subway when there isn't a Quizno's around. But I'm lucky, we have a place called "LA's Best" by work that makes some of the best subs I've ever had. Cheap too.

BC240
01-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Quizno's subs are probably just as good taste wise, maybe better but I feel disgusting after eating them.

McRussellPants
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Quiznos takes a giant jalepeno shit in subways mouth and then subway puts it on their sandwiches.

Subway is for poor people.

Ninjabread
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Subway = 1000 pounds of bread, but i find them more filling.

Quiznos is better tasting in general.

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Between the two, Quizno's. But Pot Belly's > the both. Fuckin roast beef samich with muchrooms and hot peppers OMG!

180sExy
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
We luv the subs!!
Coz they are good too us!
The Quizno subs!
THey are tasty, they are crunchy they are warm beacuse they tost them!
........They got a pepper bar!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhfcdqMTtU4

BC240
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Quiznos takes a giant jalepeno shit in subways mouth and then subway puts it on their sandwiches.

Subway is for poor people.

They both cost the same for me.. around $11 cdn for the meal. If your poor at subway you get a pizza sub, for quizno's they have the "real deal" menu.

blackcoupe
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
quiznos taste so much better than subway.

wootwoot
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Firehouse is the ultimate large sub shop chain. But between Quizno's/Subway I go to Subway. Quiznos is kinda pricey and they have pissed me off to many times. At Subway you can get any of the 6grams of fat or less subs for under 4 dollars. If I was looking to pig the f out and had money to waste I'd probably do Quiznos but I go to Firehouse when I feel like that =)
Gotta stay in shape ya know? I wish they would offer fresh vegetables and stuff.

irax
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I used to work at both, hands down you want to goto Quiznos. They are years beyond Subway. Quiznos has MOAR meat and better tasting bread. Subway just has fresh baked bread. The large is larger at Subway, but filling wise, a Quiznos medium sub has moar meat. Quiznos now has bread bowl soups too.

Kaizen.
01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
1. Togos
2. Quiznos
3. Subway

BC240
01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Holy shit irax you went from 2-3 reds to 5 greens pretty quick. I appreciate your insight, which place is cleaner? are Quizno's franchises like Subway. I eat at these places more then I do at home sometimes so any info would be appreciated.

Oh and although I can't confirm it im about 90% sure Subway gave me food poisoning last year, I very nasty kind. But its all dependant on who runs that particular store so you need to stay away from the grungy ghetto ones.

RoyalFlush
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
fire house subs

Yuri
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
1.Potbelly's (too bad I can only find them in Wisconsin)
2. Quizno's
3. Subway
4. Togo's (for some reason I always get crappy subs there)

But Quizno's for the win.
Especially since at work we have a stack of coupons that get you you a free small sub with the purchase of chips and a drink, so I've been getting a small sub with a combo for $2.40 for lunch. It freakin rocks.

Ninjabread
01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
But its all dependant on who runs that particular store so you need to stay away from the grungy ghetto ones.

I know the owner of the one i go to, so i get good service and cheap prices. Who else can get you a 12 inch meal deal for 6$ CAD.

That is why i go to subway and not quiznos.

wootwoot
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
1.Potbelly's (to bad I can only find them in Wisconsin)
2. Quizno's
3. Subway

But Quizno's for the win.
Especially since at work we have a stack of coupons that get you you a free small sub with the purchase of chips and a drink, so I've been getting a small sub with a combo for $2.40 for lunch. It freakin rocks.

Hook up a college student. To bad I dont drink soda or eat chips.... It'd still be cheaper then any sub they offer!!

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
1.Potbelly's (too bad I can only find them in Wisconsin)
2. Quizno's
3. Subway

They have'em throughout the midewest. Just seen'em in Detroit and Indy recently. Potbelly's on me next time your in WI. :fruit:

Chasmoore04
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Quizno's hands down.

Totally, Subway sucks.

markyboi
01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
quizno's

more meat, and tastes a lot better!

HalveBlue
01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Quiznos. By far.

And not just because I used to be a Sandwich Artist at Subway and hated it either.

Quiznos has a better selection (just look behind the counter. They have tons of shit they don't even list that you can put on your sammich) and they taste better. Plus, I've never had a Quiznos deny me my military discount, which is more than I can say for Subway.

Oh yeah, poll!

irax
01-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Holy shit irax you went from 2-3 reds to 5 greens pretty quick.

thanks, ill explain why i had 3 reds but thats neither here nor there.

Quiznos is cleaner, due to allways having to wash your hands every time you change gloves, and wash knifes when you ask for veggie or non beef sandwiches. Their management policies are alot stricter since its all corporate, and not franchised like Subway. At Quiznos there is a lot of 'if you dont like the way it looks or smells throw it away' IE if a knife does not look good no matter how much you clean it, throw it away. If a fresh bag of bread smells throw it away. If you prick your finger with any knifes or utinsles(SP?) you throw it away, wash your hands, super glue over the pric or cut and then go back to work.

Everything is washed throuly(spagain???) every night and in the morning when the openin prep is done. This is why food costs more at quiznoes, you pay for clenlyness and the quantity of meat.

Sorry for typos, I'm at my office job and multitasking 2 phone calls, and an email.

BC240
01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Poll would've been a better idea, I forgot you could do that here. Never been in that section before. Sounds like Quizno's is pwning Subway in the face.

Wei240
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah, when you create a thread, there's a poll option check box in the bottom, create your poll,

for me, quiznos > subway in terms of taste
and togos in between

i dunno, dollarwise, it seems like subway is cheaper compared to quiznos

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Yea Quizno's only downfall is price. Also even though it's a sub it's doesn't seem that healthy, which I think is supposed to be the point. The next day i always gotta go eat sushi to make myslef feel better.

irax
01-18-2007, 03:14 PM
If you dont think its healthy, get less dressing. They only put upto 3 oz of dressing (well they SHOULD put upto 3oz of dressing thats liquid oz) And they got a new line of healthy dressing. But the vinigerette is better at subway since its not spicy. And you can allways get no cheese soo.. it's as healthy as you want it to be.

Dorifto89
01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Fuck em both make your own damn samwhich.

but subway is vastly superior

irax
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Fuck em both make your own damn samwhich.

but subway is vastly inferior

corrected :rolleyes:

BC240
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Yea Quizno's only downfall is price. Also even though it's a sub it's doesn't seem that healthy, which I think is supposed to be the point. The next day i always gotta go eat sushi to make myslef feel better.

Thats my point and why I go to Subway much more often, Quiznos subs are very heavy and oily in comparison. Also I feel like I have more control at Subway. They are right infront of me waiting for my every command whereas if I go to Quiznos they basically as what kind and then throw it in the toaster.

And not to Hijack my own thread but Taco Del Mar is my other addiction. I got a job where I sit down all day now and I keep eating Subway, Quizno's and TDM. This does not bode well

In regards to making my own sandwich.. what happens is I go buy all the bread/meat or wraps/chicken etc,. but unless I eat it every single day it goes bad and sometimes even if I DO eat it every single day it goes bad. So I end up wasting money and eating the same thing every day. I just need to find an effecient way to do it

Dorifto89
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
No see the thing about quiznos is that it's totally hit or miss. I mean I've gone and gotten a damn fine sub one day, and then I come back another time and I say to the guy "The one with steak and grilled onions".

He fuckin takes out shitty bread, puts on shitty meat in shitty sauce, chops up a fuckin onion raw and throws it on my sandwhich and puts it through the toaster and is like "here ya go" and i just basically said "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE."

That was after I ate it and almost yacked up my damn entire innerbody. He was talking to some fat chick the whole time too. Really pissed me off.

jedc
01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Quizno's FTMFW! Classic club with crumble bacon is where it's at.

mRclARK1
01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I like any sub place... I am a sub sandwich whore. It's quick for when you're on the go and good for you. Why not be a sub whore?

s13poop
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Quiznos is good but expensive IMO

Subway... cheap and non filling :-/

but if you guys are in pasadena

holler at PSC( pasadena sandwhich company)

their subs are off the chain :D

Vatche
01-18-2007, 05:27 PM
togos was good like 5 years ago. now they suck

quiznos is expensive and there subs are not worth the money u pay

subway makes good subs. the pepperchinis they have own all.

ThatGuy
01-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I refuse to go to Quiznos just because of those stupid fucking hamster commercials they had on for awhile. I rarely eat subs, but when I do it's Subway.

BOROSUN
01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
i love blimpie.

irax
01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
holler at PSC( pasadena sandwhich company)

their subs are off the chain :D

:rawk: I have confirmed this.

OptionZero
01-18-2007, 06:16 PM
If possible, NEITHER. They are both overpriced for what you get.

Smaller, local places are usually alot better. If you're ever in Sacramento, you MUST hit up Bud's downtown.

But if you had to pick between the two, the Quizzno's.

atom
01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Quiznos
Togo's
Blimpie's
Subway

In that order. Blimpie's isn't that much better than subway, but at least you can get fries there.

kandyflip445
01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
LOL. Quizno's. Cause my family owns one and I get free food. That and it tastes better.

Ethix
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I vote for Subway based on price and options.

I get a large sub with chips and a drink for like $6:50 at Subway.
I ordered a large sub and a green-tea and it cost me like $9.85 at Quiznos.

Also, as BC240 mentioned, you seem to have more control over what you get at Subway. At Quiznos they ususally just ask "Cheese?" I say no and they make the rest however they want. You can't see what they have, so you don't know what your options are for toppings.

At Subway they make it exactly how I want it.

-Mark

wootwoot
01-18-2007, 07:12 PM
No see the thing about quiznos is that it's totally hit or miss. I mean I've gone and gotten a damn fine sub one day, and then I come back another time and I say to the guy "The one with steak and grilled onions".

He fuckin takes out shitty bread, puts on shitty meat in shitty sauce, chops up a fuckin onion raw and throws it on my sandwhich and puts it through the toaster and is like "here ya go" and i just basically said "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE."

That was after I ate it and almost yacked up my damn entire innerbody. He was talking to some fat chick the whole time too. Really pissed me off.

Thats what I'm talking about. Sometime its good sometime its shit. The only time I ever really ate there was when my friend worked there and made it good...He also hooked me up:p

ManoNegra
01-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Speaking of quality, I've noticed that fast food chains are usually better in terms of quality depending on area.
For example, the Burger King in Culver City serves Whoppers like the ones you see in the commercials but the one on Crenshaw and Slauson is disgusting (dry meat, yeallow lettuce, etc).
Avoid fast food in the hood is all I'm saying.

jrmiller84
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Quiznos FTW!

Subway:rl:

wootwoot
01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Speaking of quality, I've noticed that fast food chains are usually better in terms of quality depending on area.
For example, the Burger King in Culver City serves Whoppers like the ones you see in the commercials but the one on Crenshaw and Slauson is disgusting (dry meat, yeallow lettuce, etc).
Avoid fast food in the hood is all I'm saying.

"When we rebuild the town we should build two Denny's so that way when we are going out to eat there we can be like 'Ew lets not go to that one lets go to the good one.' "
-Chris Griffin-

!Zar!
01-18-2007, 11:05 PM
They both are fine to me.

I treat quizno's and subways the same way I treat coke or pepsi.

I'll take whichever I can get.

aa87
01-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Firehouse FTMFW

Quiznos is good, expensive, but better than subway.

Only times i eat at subway is the Daily special, but only on good days.

KFLS14
01-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Local subway is 15min away closests Quiznos is 30mins away but located next door to a XXX Video Shop.:wiggle:

SimpleSexy180
01-19-2007, 08:52 AM
QUIZNO's damnit!

BC240
01-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone had Mr.Sub? It might be canadian only. Theres one not to far from me but ive never gone there. I fear change

Dunkee
01-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Eating my quiznos Mmm toasty sub now :drool:

theicecreamdan
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
now I'm going to go to the grinder. Its da best, and there's always like 8 hot hot hot chicks working there. Hot pastrami is yummmmm

irax
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
dude was that the place we went to along as time ago? lets fucking go there again!

sleepy_s13
01-19-2007, 12:57 PM
1. Quizno's
2. Blimpies
3. Subway

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
quiznos chicken cabonara is bomb....infact im gonna go get one when i go on lunch here at work...thanx for the thread! lol

CylonFrakker
01-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Pennstation
Quiznos
Subway
Jersey Mike's
Boston Market

Nuff Said

theicecreamdan
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
dude was that the place we went to along as time ago? lets fucking go there again!

that's the one .

irax
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
the onions are not grilled, they are 'sauteed' they look grilled though.... honestly they are just microwaved in the morning, but once it goes through the toaster it crisps up as if it was actually sauteed

projekt_s13
01-19-2007, 09:58 PM
They both are fine to me.

I treat quizno's and subways the same way I treat coke or pepsi.

I'll take whichever I can get.

Yep same here, but since there is only a subway near my workplace I tend to go there alot. Plus it sucks when you go on lunch and all your co-workers ask where your going for lunch, you tell em subway and then your broke cuz they say they will pay you back. Time goes by they forget you forget and yea then your broke.

wootwoot
01-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Whats worse is having to take down everyones order. I hate the shit out of that. I just started sneaking out and only telling one or two people I was going. Its always the people you DONT wanna get food for as well. Mother fer'

MURPHY
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Firehouse FTMFW

oh hell yea!

SC_S13
01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
In my opinion, its quiznos, then togos, thennnnn subway. ive gotten some preettttyyy shitty sandwiches from subway, but quizno nvr lets me down. definitely less healthy than subway, but thats why i play sports :coold: chicken cabenero at quiznos is king!

chr0nik_sm0k3
01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
ive never had quzinos so il go with subway for now