PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday clock at 11:55

CKAMC
01-17-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jan17/0,4670,BritainDoomsdayClock,00.html

Just saw this on tv... rather intresting to see that we were 2 minutes away in '53 when we had testing of nukes....

Do you think we will die/live to see the end of the world or is it too soon?

I am investing my money for my ticket on the next mars shuttle :x:

As always comments are welcomed

exitspeed
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Fuck that. I'm all for gloabal warming. I'm hoping one day WI is like FL. Global warming FTW (literally).

This is of course a joke.

BC240
01-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Overconsumption will kill us long before the weather does. We can reduce/reuse/recycle till the cows come home but for every hybrid you buy two people in China are buying gas pig polluters.

I try not to think about it

S13 Charlie
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Modern Marvels just did an episode on the doomsday clock. I love that show.. anyway, given the current state of affairs with instability in Iraq, and North Korea and others testing (or at least claiming to test) "nuclear devices", it's not surprising the the clock was moved closer to midnight. I don't think we'll ever see "midnight", but I also don't think that global warming will kill us, at least in our lifetimes..

CKAMC
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
In other news... it snowed in cali and viceroy gained a lot of popularity this week with the "daily drifter" events happening everywhere on texas roads :keke: (icey)

I think I am going to start digging a hole in the ground... maybe in 5 years I will have a bunker ahahahahh

SkunX
01-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I saw that on the news.. snow in malibu...so I walked outside and it's like 70 out...Theres sometimes when I do love florida..lol

I don't give global warming the time of day..lol.. man will kill eachother off before the earth kills us...(well I guess global warming is man killing man..but whatever...) Although the 90 degree days out here in the middle of Jan. are starting to creep me out..lol

Replicant_S14
01-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Maybe the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists was beginning to think they were in danger of becoming irrelevant..... again. I'm 38 now and I think the world was supposed to have ended around 11 times since I've been cognisant of such things. :zzz:

hitman
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
"Terror only kills hundreds or thousands of people," Hawking said. "Global warming could kill millions. We should have a war on global warming rather than the war on terror."

S13FREEAAK
01-18-2007, 12:15 PM
"Terror only kills hundreds or thousands of people," Hawking said. "Global warming could kill millions. We should have a war on global warming rather than the war on terror."

It "Could" kill millions, hasn't yet. Won't anytime soon.

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Won't anytime soon.

I'm gonna hold you to that sucka :squint:

HalveBlue
01-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Wait, I thought the world ended already in 2000.

I figured I was just a ghost and this forum and everything else I experience is just a figment of my imagination.

I say screw it and begin handing the earth over to their rightful masters: cockroaches.

EDacIouSX
01-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Fuck that. I'm all for gloabal warming. I'm hoping one day WI is like FL. Global warming FTW (literally).

This is of course a joke.

Haha yea cold weather sucks...

Hey guys it's ed's fun fact time. Ready? here we go

Why is Greenland called Greenland? (we all know it's covered in ice today)

Becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 1000 years ago the vikings landed on it and it was GREEN! ohhhhhh badapsh!!!!!

But yea, global warming my ass... lol.

S13FREEAAK
01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna hold you to that sucka :squint:

Haha. You just get you beach towel ready for when WI becomes like FL. If that happens I suppose I'll join you on the beach being that I'm 10 seconds away from WI.

Wei240
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
everytime you jack off, the minute hand gets closer
hahahaha

man increases the rate of global warming
man creates nuclear arsenal
man overconsumes natural resources

so pessimistic...

bleh,
back to sportscenter

S13FREEAAK
01-18-2007, 06:24 PM
man's gonna screw up what man developed. Damn.

bleh,
back to barrett-jackson