PDA

View Full Version : STOP the killing of dolphins in Taiji, Japan!! (Warning, REALLY graphic)

EndLeSS8
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Japanese fishermen in Taiji, Japan, massacre over 1000 dolphins a year. It's absolutely horrible, I can't even put it into words. It's one of the most sad and upsetting things I've seen in my life.

Please spread this info as much as you can, so more people know.

WARNING! THE VIDEO IS REALLY REALLY GRAPHIC!!! DO NOT WATCH IF YOU YOU CAN'T STAND BLOOD AND STUFF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOGgUdNhVM

Please sign the petition here: http://www.theoceanproject.org/actfordolphins/

Here are some websites that are fighting back to help stop the slaughter of the dolphins and whales in Japan. It contains much more information than my post here.

Some of the pictures on the website are also really graphic and have a lot of blood.

http://www.seashepherd.org/taiji/

http://www.onevoicedolphinproject.com/one_voice_in_japan.htm

http://www.bluevoice.org/

http://www.earthisland.org/saveTaijiDolphins/

http://www.bluevoice.org/blog1/Nov-7-06.html

Please get this information around so that more people know and that the killing can finally stop.

FaLKoN240
01-16-2007, 11:21 PM
That's fuckin bullshit, didn't they have something like this a while back, selling dolphin meet as tuna?

HyperTek
01-16-2007, 11:27 PM
i wonder just how fast the dolphin community reproduces..

I seen this video before.. really sad

i wish we could do a "Stop the visual smog inspection harrasment of cops" campaign and be successful.. lol

Kaizen.
01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
The comments left on youtube is interesting

mrmephistopheles
01-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Damn now I'm hungry again.
Thanks alot.

Good luck getting Japan to stop fishing for dolphins.
(or anything else for that matter).
The Japanese as a whole are a fishing-based society, regardless of their location on the island. Dolphins are just another source of food for them.
Americans have a strong tendency to humanize animals, be they cats, dogs or dolphins.

One line from that proPETAganda stood out -
'These are benign and innocent beings and they deserve better'
Guess what, all animals are innocent. They do what comes naturally without screwing anyone over like humans do. Benign? They kill the fish that they eat. I'd call that less than benign. Sure, they don't pose a threat like a lion would, but we're not seeing lions being harvested here are we?
No animal 'deserves better'. If anything, a quick death is sufficient.
I'm not opposed to treating animals ethically, and those fishermen could use some procedural reform, but I find it ridiculous to attack fishermen and farmers for doing what the human race has needed them to do for thousands of years because of some tree hugging PETA loving bullshit.

Speaking of bullshit... spend 16 minutes enlightening yourself to the REAL (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=PETA+bullshit) PETA

S14DB
01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Damn, I could have eaten dolphin while in Japan? Why didn't anyone tell me? Ship me some Kev!

LB.Motoring
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
thats some fresh sh*t

EndLeSS8
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
If it was a quick death, ok, but if you watch the video, it definitely isn't a quick death.

I know that there are WAYYYYY more needy causes around the world, but this topic is just to raise awareness on one of the many. I give to some needy causes, but for a lot of people, this isn't something that is known well.

In addition, dolphin meat (along with sharks, swordfish, etc) are very high in mercury content, because they are apex predators in the wild. Whenever you go up a food chain level, the mercury context goes up ten-fold or something like that. Either way, it's not a safe meat source to eat.

Farzam
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
^^Japan isn't a safe place to breath, either. What's your point?

chlatboy
01-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Gruesome video to say the least.

BOROSUN
01-17-2007, 07:16 AM
yum dolphin fin soup. j/k

i saw this on national geographic years back. i guess its for population control.

btw i just ate tuna today. does that make me support the fishing industry
to kill dolphins. ahhh, me so confuse cause tuna sandwich is so good.

PBucch
01-17-2007, 08:26 AM
At the end of the day, will it realy matter?

mrmephistopheles
01-17-2007, 08:29 AM
yum dolphin fin soup. j/k

i saw this on national geographic years back. i guess its for population control.

btw i just ate tuna today. does that make me support the fishing industry
to kill dolphins. ahhh, me so confuse cause tuna sandwich is so good.
Fuck yeah I had some tuna and egg salad today.

S13SilviaGirl
01-17-2007, 08:32 AM
what about shark fin soup? The way the fishermen get the fins is attrocious too. They catch the shark, cut the fins off and toss it back. There are tons on causes to stand up for in the world, and I agree that it is BS, but it is a way of life for them.

EndLeSS8
01-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I used to volunteer at my local aquarium, yea.. there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed.
The shark one is also really sad and bad for the environment.

I remember, people kept killing sharks, and that totally messed up the ecosystem. Because they killed sharks, the population of sea otters went up a LOT, and it messed up the sea urchin and sea kelp industry, which they were trying to harvest in the first place.

Shark fin soup isn't very good for you, because of the high mercury content, as I addressed above.
It is a way of life, and it is hard, because there are tons of issues, environmental, political, and between people, and people DO come first.
This is just an issue that moved me and I wanted it to be addressed, whether or not people cared or not.

HalveBlue
01-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Better the dolphins than me.

Remember, if they had the chance, dolphins wouldn't think twice about jamming their bottle noses through your torso. Don't feel bad for these aquarian killers.

Human Dominance FTW!

cnile51
01-17-2007, 10:25 AM
we do the same thing when people start getting killed by sharks in the u.s. The ignorant people will try and go out and kill the sharks until recently.

Now they are trying to make people aware that sharks aren't really a threat to us. So now that we don't hunt sharks anymore we think everyone else should follow our footsteps.

If you want to see atrocity goto your local slaughter house and see how those animals are killed so you can have your burger. Better yet, isn't it worse that we raise animals just to kill them?

Yea the dolphin shyt is horrible, but like people have stated there are far more things we should be worrying about, like why we are in a war that we are never going to win, or the massacres in Africa that we won't get into because we as a county have nothing to gain from going in to Africa (ie: oil).

But I guess now we should spend millions trying to save dolphins because they are animals.....

-Nas

Just adding to the fire that's all....

SiI40sx
01-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Remember, if they had the chance, dolphins wouldn't think twice about jamming their bottle noses through your torso. Don't feel bad for these aquarian killers.

Human Dominance FTW!

LOL so true, wasnt it on the simpsons where dolphins were taking over springfield? lol

BC240
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
If they weren't so cute would you care? I didn't watch the video, im afraid.

corey240
01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
how the fuck would you like it if some asshole walked up, pulled you with a rope up a road, cut your throat adn threw you in the water to die? technicaly they are mamals so are we, so they all are going to hell for that one.

CKAMC
01-17-2007, 02:32 PM
If the japanese saw and loved flipper... I bet things might be different ... maybe but yes fishie food is as big as a nice steak in the states....

where is the india guy who wants to save all the cows at?

Nachtmensch
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
i copied it to another forum.

steve shadows
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Japanese fishermen in Taiji, Japan, massacre over 1000 dolphins a year. It's absolutely horrible, I can't even put it into words. It's one of the most sad and upsetting things I've seen in my life.

Im so fricken HUNGRY now! wow :ughd:

really though...

here i got something for you

QA) What is Zoophilia?

AA) Zoophilia is best described as a love of animals so intimate that the person (and the animal) involved have no objections to expressing their affection for each other in the sexual fashion. This is not to be confused with bestiality, where a person forcefully mates an animal, without their consent, and with no mutual feelings whatsoever. This is something that I would never do to a dolphin, since I love them dearly, and treat them with the same respect that an honest husband would have for his wife and children.

QB) Why Dolphins?

AB) Dolphins are very intelligent, highly emotional and expressive creatures. They enjoy the company of humans, and if a relationship develops between a human and a dolphin, as has happened with me, they will, on occasion, wish to express their trust and affection for you in the most direct way; through mating, or sex-play. You see, dolphins do not use sex purely for procreative reasons. They use it as a way of strengthening the bonds between pod mates (mothers and calves included), and also for fun. Dolphins and humans share this common trait with very few other animals, so sometimes it makes me wonder when people continue to ask me "How DO you mate with a dolphin?". Easy. Let the dolphin tell you!

Q1) How do I tell a male dolphin from a female one?

A1) Probably the most common question I get asked. There are 2 ways of determining the sex of a dolphin. The most obvious way is to take a peek under the peduncle (the long part of the body connected to the tail flukes). On the dolphin's belly, directly opposite the dorsal fin, will be the umbilicus, or the navel of the dolphin. Looking further down towards the tail, you start to see the differences.

Male dolphins have two separate slits for the penis (the urogenital opening) and the anus. These are separated by a bridge of skin. The male's urogenital opening is generally located further up the belly, towards the navel.

Females, on the other fin, have one continuous larger slit, the anus located at the end of it. On either side of the genital slit, you will find two smaller slits; these are the mammary slits, where the nipples of the dolphin are kept for feeding the calves. The slit is also located closer to the tail stock of the dolphin.

The other way to determine the sex of a dolphin, if you can't reach their belly, is to look at their mellon, or head. The males tend to have a fatter, rounder mellon, while the females are more sleek and streamlined.

Q2) How do I know if a dolphin wants to have sex?

A2) There are various ways a dolphin has of showing that she or he is interested in sex.

Males are probably the easiest to detect. They will swim around, sporting an erection (anywhere between 10 to 14 inches long for a Bottle-nose), and will have no bones about swimming up to you and placing their member within reach of your hand. If you are in the water, they may rub it along any part of your body, or wrap it around your wrist or ankle. (Dolphin males have a prehensile penis. They can wrap it around objects, and carry them as such.) Their belly will also be pinkish in colour, which also denotes sexual excitement.

Females can be a little harder. The most obvious way a female dolphin has of displaying her sexual interest is the pink-belly effect. Their genitals become very pink and swollen, making the genital region very prominent. They may be restless, or they may be acting as normal. If you are out of the water, they may swim up to you and roll belly up, exposing themselves to you, coupled with pelvic thrusts. If you are in the water, they may press their genitals up against yours, nibble your fingers, nuzzle your crotch, or do pelvic thrusts against you.

Each dolphins way of expressing sexual readiness varies, so the longer you know the dolphin, the better you will detect when they are sexually active.

Q3) What do I do if a dolphin wants to mate with me?

A3) Accept, if possible! I will go through the steps involved with males and females...

The Male:

When a male dolphin is interested in you, about the only thing you can do, if you are male, is to masturbate him. (Unfortunately, I cannot speak for the female of the human species... it seems women just don't like dolphins enough... so I cannot say for sure if it is safe to mate with them. I would suspect not, due to a dolphins size, but then again, I cannot say for a woman.) WARNING! In the considerations of safety, you should NEVER let a male dolphin attempt anal sex with you. The Bottle-nose dolphin member is around 12 inches, very muscular, and the thrusting and the force of ejaculation (A male can come as far as 14 feet) would cause serious internal injuries, resulting in peritonitus and possible death. Unless you are the masochistic type, you will have a hard time explaining your predicament to the doctors in the emergency ward....

One thing to note. Whether you masturbate or mate a fin, male or female, always spend time with them afterwards. Cuddle them, rub them, talk to them and most importantly, and show them you love them. This is essential, as it helps to strengthen the bond between you. Like a way of saying that this wasn't just a one night fling. The dolphins appreciate it, and they will want your company more the next time you visit them.

Q4) What diseases can I get from dolphins? Can I give them any?

A4) I have had no experiences with Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's) with dolphins, so I couldn't rightfully say. I do know, however, that you can pass the Flu between you, along with other respiratory problems. (I got a cold when a dolphin sneezed on me once. It cleared up after a week or so.) You can also pass some skin irritations on to them, if you handle them with chaffed or broken skin. Just like with a human, it is best to BE CLEAN when you handle a dolphin. If you have cuts on your hands, avoid touching them unless you wash with a Betadine surgical scrub prior to handling. This is available from most Veterinary and Surgical suppliers. If you have some disease of some sort, avoid mating, for the dolphins sake. This is a little known area, more so because Zoophilia is considered illegal in many places (which I think is a load of crud, but the law's the law....)

Q5) Is their any way I can invite a dolphin to be masturbated?

A5) Well, yes. If they are hanging around, but not looking particularly excited, but you are, you can invite them with this way...

Understanding.
My life is now dedicated to understanding dolphin kind. The way they act, the way they communicate, the reasons why a completely wild animal would take any interest what so ever in humans, a very dangerous wild animal. These may be answers that I may not answer in my lifetime, but this is a path that has been layed by a special dolphin who taught me more about love and trust in one week than any human taught me in my entire life. A path that I hope others will choose to also tread with me, towards a pool of knowlegde where dolphins and humans can interact with one another, and learn a great many secrets.

I know the origional poster wants more get it - from this site - www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html

just googled dolphin sex its the first hit.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/RPSport/2urs0td.jpg
-jacked content-from FA member-

:cj:

180sExy
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
all i can say is wow.

vrooompssssht
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
There is no reason for them to take so long to kill them, thats the only thing i have a problem with. Someone should slit all those fishermens throats and let them flop around on the ground.

mrmephistopheles
01-17-2007, 06:36 PM
technicaly they are mamals so are we, so they all are going to hell for that one.

Right, because it says right there in the bible that killing mammals gets you a one-way ticket to hell. Right?
Perhaps you should have a peek at this bullshit (http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideopl ay%3Fdocid%3D8152208608191358213&docid=8152208608191358213&ev=v&esrc=gvpl&usg=AL29H208mZS4aphx8TNon72P71rfLmh-0Q).

Dorifto89
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Human Dominance FTW!

Anthropocentric prickhead.

S14zenkiQ's
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Kevin you're great

OT: that petition isn't going to make a difference, it sucks that dolphins die, but they are no different than any other animal.

-=RS13=-
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
We all have to eat

HalveBlue
01-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Anthropocentric prickhead.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l96/HalveBlue/SimpsonsDolphin1.jpg

See, this is what would happen if dolphins had the chance...*

*I for one welcome our new Delphinidae overlords. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNHUIk4Yuk)

unwed_transient
01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
lol.

just lol.

+1 meph

steve shadows
01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
gosh no rep for dolphin sex! :ugh:

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Speaking of bullshit... spend 16 minutes enlightening yourself to the REAL (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=PETA+bullshit) PETA

lol i love how they're wearing leather outfits and eating ribs/chicken....good info nonetheless

steve shadows
01-19-2007, 05:56 PM
ok now lets all go to sea world with boxs of durex and have a greater appreciation for the sea mammel who if erect would kill us...

reminds me of that simpsons episode mroe and more

youtube it anyone? :doh:

DUFFM4N
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
ok now lets all go to sea world with boxs of durex and have a greater appreciation for the sea mammel who if erect would kill us...

reminds me of that simpsons episode mroe and more

youtube it anyone? :doh:

just the episode i was thinking when i saw the groundskeeper willie pic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNHUIk4Yuk

"bottle nosed bruises, blowhole burns, flipper marks...this looks like the work of rowdy teens, lou cancel the prom!"

Cash
01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that just HAD to watch all the other massacre videos including the cow massacre, pig massacre, and chicken massacre.

Tenchuu
01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
it's not a massacre if it is an animal used for food.

and all that talk makes me hungry. I perfer tuna with a high dolphin content to be honest. it's brain food. and i love sushi, which would be horrendous for m an animal rights point. killing them and eating them raw.

Tenchuu
01-19-2007, 09:01 PM
gosh no rep for dolphin sex! :ugh:

to quote Peter on the family guy:

i can't tell you what a blow hole is for, but i can tell you what it's not for and why we are never allowed back in Sea World again.....

Hondamatic
01-20-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah its sad to watch animals suffer but ill remain a meat eater, because no matter what, you cant stop something that has been going on for thousands of years

and meat tastes good

Chasmoore04
01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
not humane...

redsuns3838
01-20-2007, 09:26 PM
check out the way americans treat cattle. makes you think twice about eating a burger. until you stop eating burgers you cant really say much about killing of dolphins

downshift_sideways
01-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Poor Dolphins.
They never leave thier hurt family behind. Very sad.

redsuns3838
01-21-2007, 12:58 AM
its inhumane. but its no worse than what happens every day in america with cattle. until ppl clean up their own act locally and stop eating beef, I think its stupid to point a finger at japan and complain.

the US Slaughters 10 times more cows than japan does dolphins. Not to mention those cows contribute to Ozone deterioration and degrading the environment, are pumped full of hormones, and are less healthy than fish meat.

Just cuz dolphins are cute and cuddly ppl get upset, well it shows u how shallow ppl can be. If its ugly they dont mind seeing an animal die brutally (IE cows, pigs, etc) But if its cute and cuddly they have to change the world!

downshift_sideways
01-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Good point /\

kdashy
01-21-2007, 02:18 AM
It really is no different than any other meat industry.

TurDz
01-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Poor Dolphins.
They never leave thier hurt family behind. Very sad.

Not just cattle....

Last year during college, I watched some horrible independent local TV station which showed the way some US food companies raise/slaughter animals.

One animal that came to mind were chickens. Since they're so small, and the chicken is one of the prime meat choices in the US, companies have come up with very efficient methods.

Chicken eggs: The scene I saw showed them all crammed into cages, maybe 2 chickens for every 1x1 ft. area. It was insane. They were raised to never even walk or get out of the cage. The chicken had boils all over their face from infection, and their wings were grafted to the cages. It was a football field sized room, and all below them was at least 5 feet of feces. Looked like a landfill.

Chicken meat: Imagine a clothsline type of conveyer belt. Chicken were hung from their feet, and as they moved down the line, their necks ran into an automated blade that slit their throats and broke their necks simultaneously. I think it was a rate of at least 1 chicken per second.

oh, and the machine that cuts of their beaks at about the same rate:
http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/photos/beakssm.jpg

btw, I think one of the chicken farms mentioned was Tyson's..so I don't really buy from them anymore.

Also, you can watch this video. KFC's House of Horror. (http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=pilgrims_web) Stomping, kicking, and throwing chickens against a wall.

I guess what I really want to say is I'm fine with efficient methods, but some places just go too far in terms of being inhumane. Like when the animals are raised, they aren't even acknowledged as living beings, but just profit. That's why I really support animal foods which come from farms who treat animals with respect. Stuff like walking space, clean environments, and good feed.

That footage of dolphin killing wasn't too bad for me, but since I've always liked dophins and somewhat thought of them as endangered species (are they?), it makes me sad to watch those super intelligent, Marine World entertaining creatures die. I grew up always seeing them as kinda like friendly marine pets.

If anyone was surprised how they cut their thoats that way, it's exactly the same way with cows and pigs. Except they hoist them on their hind legs, slit their throat, and wait while the blood comes out and goes into the drains of the floor.

Interesting tidbit: You know the standing elephants that Ringling Brothers Circus shows? They're trained to do that with electrical tazers and sharp pointed staffs which they stab into their legs. If they fail to follow orders, they're stabbed/tazed until they listen. It was very sad footage.

DoriftoPnoy
01-21-2007, 04:16 AM
wow that was pretty disgusting.

and to think that dolphins are almost as intelligent as chimpanzees who are almost like us. kinda like killing humans. almost.

s13silady
01-21-2007, 04:51 AM
fuck.... i didnt think that video was going to be bad.... so i watched it.... and i was eating a tuna sandwhich from togos..... even though it was a different kind of fish.i still felt bad..

so i closed the vid and kept eating cuz i was hungry.....

redsuns3838
01-23-2007, 01:32 AM
A few points to note:

1) Slitting an animals throat while a greusome sight, has a reason. By slitting the throat you allow the blood to flow OUT of the animal, so that when you eat the meat, it isnt filled with blood. Its pretty much a standard practice. Ill agree it isnt pleasant to watch but if you are going to eat the meat, its can keep it cleaner.

2) S13silady, canned tuna often contains dolphin meat (although not a large percent) so you might have in fact been eating dolphin. @[email protected] haha.

3) Whale meat or Dolphin meat is NOT a cheap thing, nor every day meal in japan. They dont eat this like americans eat cheeseburgers. and What you saw int he video was not an every day thing. Killing millions of cattle and poultry in america however IS.

4) Atleast the dolphins are allowed ot live in the wild and are just fished once in a while. Unlike cattle and poultry and pigs which live their entire life on a farm in horrid conditions, and forced to live with their own feces. I mean do you really want to eat something that lies in its own shit for half the day, and is then cut apart without any cleansing of its body? Not to mention the hormones they are fed.

Everyone should read fast food nation and it will make you think twice about eating beef, and poultry!

I just think its funny how half the people that are probly so opposed to this went out and had a cheeseburger that evening without a second though hehe. But im not judgin anyone , just sharing my opinions. =)

illvialuver
01-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Okay I see both sides , yes Mr. mephistophelis the japanese will probably kill the last fish on earth and wont look back. and yeah people tend to like dolphines, and maybe the japanese se dolphines as food , but maybe if they made a cartoon character like hello kitty love dolphines thanthey wouldnt kill them, but god bless the japanese for the cars we all worship, there amazing art work and the style, but you cant logically compare cattle to dolphines. we raise cattle, by the millions, we dont go out into the wild and hurd them, and slit there throats infrotn of school children. If the Japanese raised them, or farmed them, like americans do with salmon and trout, I woudlnt care or even see this as fucked up. but its in the wild, and i think its very different than killing farm animals. but this little bitch fest of sympathy for an animal that we can not talk to wont do a damn thing, and who ever posted that shit, thanks for sharing and spreading the awarenes but thanks for showing me one of the fucked up things ever.

mrmephistopheles
01-23-2007, 02:27 AM
2) S13silady, canned tuna often contains dolphin meat (although not a large percent) so you might have in fact been eating dolphin. @[email protected] haha.

Purely speculation on my part, but I seriously doubt fishermen can't tell the difference between dolphin and tuna. The meats are DEFINITELY different as well. The whole dolphin/tuna thing was that dolphin were being caught along with tuna and being killed unnecessarily (not out of malice but rather as a matter of course). Thus, bleeding heart hippies complained to tuna companies who introduced 'dolphin-safe' tuna.

Now on another note - All those Vegan and Vegetarian folks (nothing personally against them) who are militant about it (everything against them) are wacked out of their gourds. They insist that humans shouldn't eat meat because we're supposed to be vegetarian, and the vegans don't want to consume ANYTHING made from or by ANY animal.

I'd love to travel back in time 150 years and show these peoples' ancestors what they've become. I bet they'd be disgusted.
Being Vegan or Vegetarian is a matter of convenience. That is, food is now so abundant that we can choose to not eat meat, and we'll still get our nutrients. It is convenient for us to choose what we eat. Our ancestors didn't have that luxury. Find me a story of a Vegan sodbuster or Pilgrim. Go ahead, I'll wait. Fact is, you never will. Humans need to eat, and they'll eat what they have to to survive. Animals, plants, even dirt if that's all they've got. You think Anthony R. Prospector gave two shits about how unsavory the act of killing, gutting and dressing an animal was? I don't think he did.

We've become too sensitive to such things because we aren't exposed to it from an early age or for very long if we have been. If you grow up on a farm killing chickens for your meals, it's not a big deal to kill them for others' meals.
The idea of slaughtering a chicken (not massacre, although some people don't understand the difference) is unsavory to people who have never had to work for their food (in terms of growing or killing).

Personally, I've never hunted, never killed an animal for food, never grown a plant to eat. I've relied on others to do all this for me. I don't balk at the harsh truths that lie behind those neat packages on store shelves, though. I understand that every piece of chicken I've eaten at Popeyes has come from a squawking white bird that lived and died for my sustenance. I understand that every moist piece of tenderloin has come from some cow that also lived and died for my sustenance. In my lifetime, I've probably eaten about 200 chickens worth of chicken products (if not way more) and probably 50 cows' worth. You can bet your butt that I'll eat more too.
We're living in a great time to be alive. In our more advanced society, our greatest daily concerns end up being getting a good cell signal, or having to miss The O.C., or trying to avoid a speeding ticket. We don't have to worry about having food to eat or a place to call home (by and large).

We're spoiled and are taking shit for granted.

illvialuver
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
oh an yeah dolphins is not spelled dolphines, but one last thing, if you laugh at this I seriously question if you were abused as a child.

mrmephistopheles
01-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Okay I see both sides , yes Mr. mephistophelis the japanese will probably kill the last fish on earth and wont look back.

you cant logically compare cattle to dolphines. we raise cattle, by the millions, we dont go out into the wild and hurd them, and slit there throats infrotn of school children. If the Japanese raised them, or farmed them, like americans do with salmon and trout, I woudlnt care or even see this as fucked up.

I feel this merits another post, so I'm not editing my last one.

The Japanese would be stupid to over-fish. Fish is a gigantic staple of their diets. Sidenote - do you REALLY think that the ocean will somehow run out of fish?

I don't recall comparing dolphins to cattle. I don't see a reason why I would, other than the fact that they're food. The issue about killing an animal in front of children is a personal one. Some kids are raised to slaughter chickens, and eventually larger animals. Ask anyone you know who grew up on a farm. If it's not outside the norm for your culture or upbringing, it's not an issue.

Also, it's not a matter of farming or catching. Dolphin are not a staple like beef or chicken, so there's no need for large-scale farming. There's nothing that need be inhumane about catching and killing an animal, at least moreso compared to farmed animals.

mrmephistopheles
01-23-2007, 02:44 AM
oh an yeah dolphins is not spelled dolphines, but one last thing, if you laugh at this I seriously question if you were abused as a child.

Make sense, please. :-/

blackcoupe
01-23-2007, 12:58 PM
fuck.... i didnt think that video was going to be bad.... so i watched it.... and i was eating a tuna sandwhich from togos..... even though it was a different kind of fish.i still felt bad..

so i closed the vid and kept eating cuz i was hungry.....

dolphins are mammals. :keke:

steve shadows
01-23-2007, 01:40 PM
LOL

LOL

LOL

-i think chickens are better than dolphins-

dolphins havent evolved, so lets eat them

sorry The Left wing supports Darwinism right?

so why do we have to interfere with it? and involve compassion?

Thats a western Christian empire tradition. :fawkd:

HalveBlue
01-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I echo most of the sentiments expressed by Mr. Meph.

You gotta grill it before you kill it; simple fact of life.

Mr. Meph is absolutely right when he points out that the reason we've become so attached to animal causes is because so few of us have to work for our food. It's a condition that is rarely found outside the western world, which has humanized many animals.

On a side note, although many people overlook this fact, the importance of food has had a HUGE impact on the development of the world's societies and the world's history. The domestication of animals (both for work and consumption) as well as agriculture has created the world as we know it. It's a pretty interesting subject, but I digress.

I do disagree with the assertion that our food supply is inexhaustible. There are many places around the world where fishing yields have been tremendously degraded. This is exacerbated by the fact that not all fish are useable for human consumption. I have absolutely no problem fishing for any species as long as its done sustainably. If that means imposing restrictions of when and where commercial fishing can be conducted, so be it.

The fact is that humans are super predators in a natural system that's cruel and inhumane. Lest anyone forget, dolphins themselves are carnivores. And they're hunting techniques and even natural behavior (there are documented instances of Orcas using Seals as a sort of ball that they pass back and forth to each other using their tail flukes for the pure purpose of entertainment) are far from humane.

illvialuver
01-24-2007, 03:34 AM
Mr. mephistophelis,
first off, sorry. I only used yoru name because you seemed like the person on here who was tryin to say somethign that made sense, and not just laughing or getting mad.
the comment about the japanese eating the last fish on earth, I didnt mean that they litterally are goign to over fish the oceans on there own, but I ment it as they are so god at fishing and have done it for so long, that if someone is gogin to catch the last fish, it would probably the japanese.

And yes I know you werent comparing cattle to dolphins .

but others are, and its kinda like comparing apples to oranges, there both fruit but there not the same thing.

and after watching the video, i realized its probably 10 years old.

and I did live on a farm with my aunt for half my life raiseing cattle and pig to butcher and eat. but when we butchered our own animals we didnt stab it to death or slit its throat, it was a bullet to the head. quick and easy.

And you right if a child is goign to become a fisherman they should see this at a young age to get used to it.

I have never seen this and Im not used to it.

illvialuver
01-24-2007, 03:36 AM
so good not so god at catching fish, hahhaa.

jeeper_x
01-24-2007, 06:56 AM
so good not so god at catching fish, hahhaa.

i was about to say.....lol

exitspeed
01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Stomping, kicking, and throwing chickens against a wall.

Mmmm. That's what makes the meat so tender then huh? Yummm-e KFC.

babowc
01-24-2007, 11:54 AM
we all have to eat sometime..

lflkajfj12123
07-17-2008, 01:13 PM
this thread lacks white girls

S14DB
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
this thread lacks white girls

Cause it's 17 months old... :fawk2: