PDA

View Full Version : Zilvia rating user rating system.

OWTKAST cpt
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Zilvia rating system.

So I am failry new to this site, just recently bought mroe stuff for my car. So now i am growing even fonder of the 240 community and start posting some more. Next thing i know i have a red light on my rating. Now when i see other people with that i think scammer, shady guy, dont buy stuff from them etc. And for some reason i have one...

So i went back read all my posts and i never said anything negative, or that wasnt a positive compliment. Worst thing i did was ask for a guy to post a price.. and i didnt even say it in any sort of offensive way.

Anyone else have that problem? Do people get jollies off giving people bad ratings if they like some ones car? Frankly im lost....

I play comp PB and and have been on the forum for like 3-4 years with nothing EVER even the slightest negative. And we argue and everything on forums.

Owell, i posted this in Off topic to see what other people thought...

PS sorry if i ever didnt buy something from some one for having a little red light... :bigok:

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Click on the "UserCP" button to see why people gave you Negative Reputation. Looks to me like someone didn't like you double posting.

axiomatik
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
yeah, some people like to give rep for no good reason, but I would say that most rep given out on this site is deserved. You can see all rep given to you, and the particular post they repped you on, by going to your User CP (see dark blue bar at top of screen). That will give you an idea whether or not the rep was deserved. It may be you bumped an old-ass thread without realizing it, and someone neg-repped you because of it. What you said may have been inoffensive, but reviewing your posts wouldn't tell you something like that.

OWTKAST cpt
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
kk thank you very much.. still really dumb

Oh, also im on dial up cause i live in the booonies and junk locks up then goes through again when you click twice trying to get it to work.. (yah it actually locks up over 30-45 seconds and cause a douple post) Cause when it sits that long.. your like dang and click again. once again thanks for the input.

HyperTek
01-16-2007, 07:13 PM
yah it can be stupid sometimes. Just make sure not to offend someone.. but people are still mean becuase they will leave negative feedback when you are stating your own personal opinions

lucky7
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks to me like someone didn't like you double posting.

:keke:
that is classic. i <3 zilvia.

OWTKAST cpt
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Owell im just glad this isnt the Nico forums.. you state an opinion over there in a open forum or anything.. them G35 scoooting infiniti guys will rip you to shreds... lol

Also gave some + rep for the help above. I guess its not a horrible system. then again now and then 22's on $500 cars doesnt always look bad either.. or not. ;)

wootwoot
01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Its worse to whine about it. its just the internet.

OWTKAST cpt
01-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Well.. when you reflect on people about there feedback its not cool. Many times I search the BST for stuff and will not buy something from someone based on that feedback.

Sorry if i offended you or wasted your time with it. I was asking other users for there opinions on it happening to them.

The internet is a serious place ;)

lucky7
01-17-2007, 10:02 AM
:keke:
that is classic. i <3 zilvia.

lmao. i got neg repped for posting that. :keke:

exitspeed
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/Kittah.jpg

coupelove626
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/Kittah.jpg

NICE...you are right...those who go around giving neg rep for no good reason are PUSSIES lol

lucky7
01-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Zilvia rating user... 01-17-2007 10:48 AM negged for this too haha
Zilvia rating user... 01-16-2007 08:05 PM Classic? No...

haha.

BC240
01-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Regardless of how polite you're being im surprised your still green

exitspeed
01-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Regardless of how polite you're being im surprised your still green

Werd. Because;

Its worse to whine about it.

rockinpandas
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
its all bullshit anyways
everyone gets pussy hurt so easy on here its hilarious

ManoNegra
01-17-2007, 01:03 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to exitspeed again.

ROLMAO!!!:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

99.999% of the time the rep is deserved. I find it a usefull tool to weed out the idiots and jackasses. Most, not all, of the repped users on Zilvia are helpful contributing members of the 240 community and have payed their dues.
Now it happens a lot that some use the repping system to flex their e-thug muscles. They talk shit while trying to hide their identity but they're often found and dealt with accordingly.
Bottom line is: if you're a contributing member of the site people will notice and your reputation will grow.

yokotas13
01-17-2007, 02:06 PM
gave ya yer second green!

Enjoy your time at zilvia, dont let he neg rep get to ya

BC240
01-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Double green! I remember having that for a few days. Good luck

OWTKAST cpt
01-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Im not trying to whine, im just asking for others input. Cause it was a week day nite nothing to do here in cornland.

I look up to people with large postive feedback it means, they are active helpful ect.

As most people use the internet to learn stuff, its hard trying to sort through BS and opinoins to find facts. So alot of times i can go.. HEY that guy is very active with a good rep he prolly has a better idea of what he is talking about then Mr. Red light there. lol... this red light green light stuff is funny. All i can think is 2nd grade on rainy days when we had to play games in the gym for recess.

And i have actually left a few people some good rep after reading write ups and what not. (now that i have learned what it is)

Also after posting this i have learned what it all means, how its accomplished, how to check it and find the reasoning.

I was even a good little boy and searched to see if there was a FAQ for it or anything.

Owell its a forum, but im guessing most people on here that took the time the look read and respond share the same forum addiction i do, if not alot worse.

Once again thanks for the input, flaming about whining is accepted too considering you don't know me its okay still got love.

Hmmmmm.. maybe i should paint my 240 green light green???? ;)

CKAMC
01-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I like it because i made it easy to decide how to hand it out...

bitching? acting extremely idiotic? doesnt understand search? bashes others? all that for some BIG RED

cool, brings out challenging threads, in-depth guides/posts, or just going the extra mile to help out other members? YOU CAN PASS GO AND COLLECT $200

Simple as pie.

bamaboy
01-17-2007, 05:35 PM
you forgot that you get green for creatively insulting those people that do this
bitching? acting extremely idiotic? doesnt understand search? bashes others?

wootwoot
01-17-2007, 05:43 PM
you get a plus for being whiny and then reminding me about red light green light. That game kicked ass!

Kn1ves
01-17-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif ive gotten this twice, what does that mean? no rep?

wootwoot
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
means they just wanted you to read their comment but werent feeling anything else

Kn1ves
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
how do you give that? or is that a premie only thing

ManoNegra
01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif ive gotten this twice, what does that mean? no rep?

That's the international symbol for weaksauce... rep is too low to affect you either way.

pignose4life
01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
i retract my preivious statement =]

ALTRNTV
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
seriously by making this you have just asked for derep for whining =]
Umm.. do you see his 2 GREEN boxes? Those are posi-rep. :eek3d:

yokotas13
01-17-2007, 08:22 PM
seriously by making this you have just asked for derep for whining =]

enjoy your 4th red box i just gave you

CKAMC
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
ile push for 5

Kn1ves
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
fucking rep wars?

mrmephistopheles
01-18-2007, 03:46 AM
means they just wanted you to read their comment but werent feeling anything else

Actually it means the user's rep wasn't sufficient to be positive or negative, so it's just a comment.

yokotas13
01-18-2007, 05:51 AM
fucking rep wars?
u get one too. but damn no second square

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Actually it means the user's rep wasn't sufficient to be positive or negative, so it's just a comment.

Dude, REPOST.
http://www.zilvia.net/f//showpost.php?p=1218532&postcount=27

Just messin. :gives:

byhi
01-18-2007, 08:11 AM
i know how to check my rep comments, but how do i check others? or can i not?

exitspeed
01-18-2007, 08:20 AM
i know how to check my rep comments, but how do i check others? or can i not?

You cannot. :rolleyes:

Farzam
01-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Neg rep makes you lose hp, right?

I got a bunch of neg rep because someone with higher rep said I fucked him over and I defended myself.

I lol'd.

KA-T_240
01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Ya, I posted A pic of a giant turbo on my motor, and an interior and rep went down the drain.

OWTKAST cpt
01-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Im noticing some others, are slightly confused on the rating system and how it works as well.

Thankfully i believe i have it understood (thanks for the help)

Could this possibly be added to the FAQ or something to explain to people how it works, how to look it up, etc. Just an idea.

And yes red light green light FTW...

OWTKAST cpt
01-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Ya, I posted A pic of a giant turbo on my motor, and an interior and rep went down the drain.

Yah, that turbo stuff was really funny too. I got a kick out of it.

McRussellPants
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Good lord.

Its a fucking green dot on a shitty webpage.

stop sweating balls you stupid fucker.

Neg rep applied.

ThatGuy
01-18-2007, 09:53 AM
:madfawk: Zilvia isn't shitty!! Take that back!! :madfawk:
I'm gonna kill you and Neg Rep your dead body!! Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

:keke: I kid. Silly Internet Drama. :bow:

OWTKAST cpt
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Good lord.

Its a fucking green dot on a shitty webpage.

stop sweating balls you stupid fucker.

Neg rep applied.

I bow to Mcrussell and his mighty green lights. this here proves my exact point of not being quick to judge due to someones "lights"

O'well not everyone can be helpful and give a opinion to better this so called "shitty" webpage.

Once again, thanks for the input, all is appreciated. I guess its just another point of view.

EDacIouSX
01-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately that's kind of how I view zilvia. Anything you say or do and you'll have people repping you negative quicker than they'll + rep you. but hey, every forum is different right? Just gotta know how to post on certain forums and to use the search button. *shrug*

i knew it, someone neg repped me for this opinion and put in the info "whiney bitch." It only proves my point.

Kn1ves
01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
aww sweet i got a red square cuz of this thread...

my ego is hurt now lol

vrooompssssht
01-19-2007, 12:48 AM
aww sweet i got a red square cuz of this thread...

my ego is hurt now lol

Thats nothing, check out mine..

The Neg Rep Squad is nothing to fuck with on zilvia intarwebs!

OWTKAST cpt
01-19-2007, 08:24 AM
We need Rep Police...

I say we create a posse and cleam zilvia out.... just aint enough rep to go around for all of us....:spank:

Skinner
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I've givin up on being nice, my first 2 post when i joined got me 2 red squares.. Its rediculous how easily people hand them out. Ah well, neg rep better than no rep?

annnd i brought to life a dead thread, uh oh.

dorkjoey240
02-20-2007, 12:23 AM
post you make should be put to good use correct?

AJ1356
04-15-2007, 01:46 PM
well this tread was informative, i shoudl check out off topic more often :)

BC240
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
This thread is being dug up by noobs so much it's practically a sticky

Shells
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I always wondered what those ratings were for and how they worked. My rating says I'm "unknown at this point" and I went to my profile and didn't see anything about ratings, so I presume that means no one has positively or negatively rated me yet?

ALTRNTV
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Go to your User CP, on the bottom, it will say "Latest Reputation Received." If people left you rep, it will be shown there.

Shells
04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Go to your User CP, on the bottom, it will say "Latest Reputation Received." If people left you rep, it will be shown there.

Hmm, there's nothing on my User CP that says "Latest Reputation Received", so I guess I haven't received any yet.

lucky7
04-17-2007, 09:05 PM
looks as though you have + rep. you start out with one green box, and work your way up or down from there. i think for every 100 + rep points, you get another green box. therefore, you are over 100 rep points. its somewhere around here. but i believe you get + rep for being here so many days, + rep for every so many posts, and ofcourse when people + rep you. if you're really curious, search the topic. again, as stated. under 'user cp', it should list all the reps you have gotten from people.

Shells
04-17-2007, 10:05 PM
looks as though you have + rep. you start out with one green box, and work your way up or down from there. i think for every 100 + rep points, you get another green box. therefore, you are over 100 rep points. its somewhere around here. but i believe you get + rep for being here so many days, + rep for every so many posts, and ofcourse when people + rep you. if you're really curious, search the topic. again, as stated. under 'user cp', it should list all the reps you have gotten from people.

lol yea, someone positive repped me for this thread, so I think it gave me the green box. There's only one comment in there now though, so that must be it.

91CRXsiR
04-18-2007, 02:09 AM
dont worry about it.. rep points dont mean shit and allot green bars kinda look lame ... if there were purple... now that would be pimp

ixfxi
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Rep points are great. You have homos on this site that are bored and like to waste their time trying to give you a neg rep... nothing a quick adjustment in the admin panel wont fix! How do you think I manage to stay on here, and I have TONS of neg rep...

04-17-2007 12:36 PM Your a POS. I have enough rep to neg rep you until you fill up with red squares. You are but hurt over something in your life that I have nothing to do with. You need to seek some help. It won't matter cause you'll be banned soon enough. Exitspeed

Fuck the motherfucking fuckers...

exitspeed
04-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Rep points are great. You have homos on this site that are bored and like to waste their time trying to give you a neg rep... nothing a quick adjustment in the admin panel wont fix! How do you think I manage to stay on here, and I have TONS of neg rep...

Fuck the motherfucking fuckers...

Don't worry. there's more to come with your shitty attitude. :bigok:

burgy240
04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I've been on this site forever and have seen it change a lot. for the most part I could give two shits about my "REP". You know you have to worry when the mature people and the knowledgeable people on here start giving you a hard time. until then don't worry.

I got negative rep for asking a Legitimate question that had the potential to keep pepz from getting scammed but some of the butt dart champs on here got pissed???

arkive43
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
i got neg reped for laughin at a comment.

i see how it is here....

exitspeed
04-18-2007, 12:38 PM
i got neg reped for laughin at a comment.

i see how it is here....

hahahahahhahahahaha is not a good post, that's why. At least if you wanna post that, follow it up with something useful to the thread. That's why someone neg repped you.

ixfxi
04-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Don't worry. there's more to come with your shitty attitude. :bigok:

oooooooooooooh.... how scary!

ixfxi
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
04-19-2007 08:26 AM I just reaslized you are from Clearcorners. Wow. Just Wow.

oooooooooooooooooh! the neg rep.. i cant take it! how will i sell things in the classifieds section! no one will trust me anymore!

hey asshole, learn how to spell first.. "reaslized" .. fucking tool.