PDA

View Full Version : vh1 white rapper show.

180sExy
01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
hahaha has anyone see the show? WOW thats all I have too say "Jhon Brown" lolz

xxevilgen1usxx
01-16-2007, 02:29 PM
King of the Burbs... Its time for the Ghetto Revival....?

markyboi
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
bwahahaha! i turned the tv on a couple mins. ago..and that's wat i c!

mr king of the burbs is from davis,ca! lol!

exitspeed
01-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Are any of'em actually decent or is a complete mockery of white people rapping?

markyboi
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
some are decent...some are just poop...

its like american idol + real world combined

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
It's on VH1, so it obviously has nothing to do with the music. I can't remember the last time I saw MUSIC on VH1 or MTV.

180sExy
01-16-2007, 02:44 PM
It's on VH1, so it obviously has nothing to do with the music. I can't remember the last time I saw MUSIC on VH1 or MTV.
true its all cheap reality shows now. but this show is funny as hell!!!! King of the Burbs! datsit was pretty good but he got kicked off the first day lolz.

bryce with a y
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
the lil girl is the best

180sExy
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
the lil girl is the best
the one thats vanilla ice's biggest fan????? hahahaha dood shes a joke she look an acts like vanilla ice mini me.

exitspeed
01-16-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't get it...What do MTV and VH1 have to do with music???:keke:

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 02:58 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to exitspeed again.

ms!3
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
king of the burbs!:keke: lol this show is so gay.

180sExy
01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
g-child hahhaha omg "i'm down with the underground" lolz they had a game show on there where they had too name the artist of the song omg i was yelling at the televsion!!!!:faint:

markyboi
01-16-2007, 03:26 PM
teddy bear got pwned by gchild!

s14_kouki_drifter
01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
she looks like a ghetto mini me

randyjordan
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL @ Ghetto Revival..shit doesnt make sense to me but its funny

and g child looks like a ghetto smurf

180sExy
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
i wanna smack jhon brown an g child lolz

sleepinsilvia23
01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
wtf is up with all the cliches.. the icebox, mayo tv, jail bus, ghetto shoes thrown on the wire, the stoop that they sit on.
It seems like more of a joke than a reality show

180sExy
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
this whole show is a joke but its funnyas hell lolz

Dorifto89
01-16-2007, 04:06 PM
The only thing i can see when I watch this show is the british BABE. Holy fuck

Jefferson
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah that euro girl is banging
too bad she got kicked off or whatever

A Spec Products
01-16-2007, 10:59 PM
MC Serch isn't really a good character enough to me.

I'm trying to think of a better white rapper host, but eh the show is mediocre at best.

None of the artists to me at this point have very good potential. Maybe Jus Rhyme, but that's about it. Persia? HELL NO.

On first listen, I only am feeling Shamrock lyrically.

John Brown, not so much.

GHETTO REVIVAL SON!

http://myspace-578.vo.llnwd.net/01161/87/53/1161493578_l.jpg

chlatboy
01-17-2007, 02:38 AM
He's a character.

Didn't he have Persia's dildo whipped in his face?

IIRC, the brit chicks' name is Misfit.

-Sochbat

A Spec Products
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Persia used the "N" word.

Tsk tsk.

Then they hung a stupid home depot plastic chain with spray painted silver rhinestoned wood piece around her neck.

Dumb.

The "I Love New York" show is even worse.

VH1 is trying TOO hard right now.

180sExy
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I love New York is sad as hell where the hell do they find these people! i mean have you seen the guy who was crying about his puppy???i was like WTF lolz

aa87
01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Haha, John B.

"I am merely an Entity!"

That misfit is hot, but she can't spit for shit. Id still plow her.

http://myspace-877.vo.llnwd.net/01275/77/80/1275220877_l.jpg

Kn1ves
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
^^ too bad she just got booted.

lyrically i think john brown has the most talent, but hes just dead stupid with his ghetto revival shit. i want to see him get ripped in the next episode

persia also got talent and so does 100 proof.

i hope 100 proof takes it in the end

WERDdabuilder
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
shits straight comedy. thats all i watch it for.

that j.brown crap..i dont know wtf he is saying. is he crosseyed?

180sExy
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
jhon brown makes the funniest faces when he raps. he looks like hes smelling shit. they all pretty much suck.

infinitexsound
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
they all suck, jus rhyme is sad with his lyrics theyre all over the place, john brown... is retarded... with his concept of ghetto revival and hallelujah holla back, persia is too full of her self... shes probably the best out of the whole pack... sully had a cool style...but wasnnt someone who would stand out...

misfit... should just stick to modeling in the XXL and The Source... shes bangin but not lyrically..

all the rest sucked... they should of never been picked....

to be in the music biz u gotta have an identity and sure as hell have to stand out from the rest...

they all sucked.. i would never buy their albums...

i love new york way better show! espacially 12 packs ROBOT moves!http://youtube.com/watch?v=fyLivP6ATKY

EchoOfSilence
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
This show is the shit, as it exposes the hiphop culture to a level that hasn't really been played on mainstream tv since.... Yo! mtv raps. The calibre of the guests that they've brought on is a straight testament to that. Where the fuck else do you see Brand Nubian on tv? The features that were mentioned above are cliche, but it has to be understood that in order for the show to be somewhat catchy/appealing, its existance is necessary. I thought the icebox idea was pretty cool though, and some of the other things just made me laugh, i liked it

Persia is ill. I don't blame her for thinking a little high of herself, considering who she's competing against. jus rhyme is eh, john brown needs to quit acting (the hallelujah holla back is just his attempt at a marketing ploy to get something catchy associated to its name, too bad it's stupid). Sully... eh

anyway, all in all, this show is funny,

Vatche
02-23-2007, 07:39 PM
complete mockery of white rappers i love it.

i never watch tv, i turn it on for the first time in months and i see this show, i couldnt stop watching it cuz it was so lame.

240giiiirrrrl
02-23-2007, 07:42 PM
im the king of the burbs..hallelujah hollah back!

Phlip
02-24-2007, 04:14 AM
This show is as entertaining as a trainwreck; you know it is sucking all the air out of the room, yet you can't quit watching.
They DO, however, have the involvement of people HIGHLY respected in hip hop and definitely have done their history lessons, but I give credit for THAT to Sacha Jenkins (founder of ego trip magazine, the entity that masterminded this show), who is first a fucking genius and second HIGHLY respected in the hip hop community.
As for the rappers:
They suck, I am just less than impressed with them as either rhymers or personalities, and I swear that.
- I am considering of shooting that "hallelujah holla back" kid in the fucking face on christmas in front of his mama, that shit is just plain annoying.
- Rhyming in front of random people out in public, then getting all pissy about it when no one other than you thinks you can rhyme?
Lame.
- Forgetting your rhymes repeatedly in front of the very legend who gave us ALL Nas?
Wonder why that bitch got cut now?

... at the end of the show, I honestly find myself asking "do these motherfuckers take themselves SERIOUSLY?" But VH1 and ego trip got all they wanted out of the situation in that I actually made it to the end of the episode.

infinitexsound
02-24-2007, 04:49 AM
phlip its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$

and thats what the networks make!

Phlip
02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
phlip its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$

and thats what the networks make!
Read my last sentence again, I am not disagreeing with you.

Phlip
02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow, they're eating dinner with Noreaga, he is looking at them like they're a couple of fucking retards.
I LOVE IT!!!

SochBAT
02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Why you hating on the Ghetto Revival SON!?!?

Too bad he's an idiot. Everyone sees it.

Its more of a comedy than reality show.

projekt_s13
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
jhon brown makes the funniest faces when he raps. he looks like hes smelling shit. they all pretty much suck.

THIZZ FACE

msgleght

infinitexsound
02-25-2007, 03:27 AM
nore was turns to his homies... and was like yall wanna roll...!!!!!! PuahahhHAhaha. ghetto revival "why!"

s13gold
02-25-2007, 04:47 AM
who has watched it recently...according to the last time i've watched it was shamrock and John Brown king of the burbs.

Phlip
02-25-2007, 07:43 AM
who has watched it recently...according to the last time i've watched it was shamrock and John Brown king of the burbs.
That is correct, they sent that other cat off because he couldn't rhyme worth a fuck in a battle, using raps that he was supposed to have already written.

reaxion
02-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I heard john brown already won, cause shows are pretaped and was seen on an upcoming cover of The Source...

Phlip
02-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I heard john brown already won, cause shows are pretaped and was seen on an upcoming cover of The Source...
That was XXL, and it was fake, it was for Elliott Wilson's blog:
http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=7445
... Elliott Wilson is editor for XXL and is also a co-founder of ego trip, which never took off in the magazine game, but is doing quite well with books and hip hop based programming that has been on VH1 over the last 3 or so years.

I was reading somewhere that these people on these reality shows like this are compensated WAY more than a "relationship" with Flavor Flav or New York, or just the $100k they give the winning white rapper. In such, spilling the beans as to who won before the last episode usually carries a stiff monetary penalty, and it is very much written into the contracts.

I am personally in the opinion that they should be taken through their paces in the final show, only to find that they have like 20-30 minutes to prepare for a battle until one of them just fucking quits.

s13gold
02-25-2007, 04:42 PM
That is correct, they sent that other cat off because he couldn't rhyme worth a fuck in a battle, using raps that he was supposed to have already written.
cuz that guy "jus rhyme" was "jus gay"
hahaah...talking like he's a preacher and what not. cmon. now.

WERDdabuilder
02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
anyone peep misfits distrack? ha

infinitexsound
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
JOHN BROWN WON... yippy...

reaxion
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM
ghetto revival, king of the burbs. hallelujah holla back. hes not just a rapper, hes an entity...hahaha...

s13gold
02-25-2007, 10:15 PM
JOHN BROWN WON... yippy...
awww....wtf?
Are You Serious?

Phlip
02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Say what you say, but the south is what is hot right now.
$hamrock won, John Brown was simply less entertaining and seemed more about an image that was largely "manufactured"
Yes, I am EST, I just finished watching and yes, $hamrock won.

staygold24
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I really dont like either of them. Id rather the money go to a charity than to go to those people.

The show was entertaining, but only like watching a train wreck. Only guy I almost kind of liked was the guy whose name escapes me that did the stereotypical cop out cause he didnt want to snitch. Stupid.

I liked the brit one. She was hot.

Phlip
02-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I really dont like either of them. Id rather the money go to a charity than to go to those people.

The show was entertaining, but only like watching a train wreck. Only guy I almost kind of liked was the guy whose name escapes me that did the stereotypical cop out cause he didnt want to snitch. Stupid.

I liked the brit one. She was hot.
I agree with the "trainwreck" metaphor so well that I used it back on post #34, but I am not mad... The show was only entertaining for what it was, to be honest, I was not terribly a fan of anyone in the finals, yet I could see why the ones who were eliminated were eliminated, and I can understand VH1's need to make a choice in the one who would make them their $100k back, and given what they had, they went with what makes sense, compared to confusingly lyrical or conceptually self-righteous people who just don't have a fuckin' clue.

s13gold
02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
WRONG!
I just saw SHAMROCK WIN!!!!!!

staygold24
02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree with the "trainwreck" metaphor so well that I used it back on post #34, but I am not mad... The show was only entertaining for what it was, to be honest, I was not terribly a fan of anyone in the finals, yet I could see why the ones who were eliminated were eliminated, and I can understand VH1's need to make a choice in the one who would make them their $100k back, and given what they had, they went with what makes sense, compared to confusingly lyrical or conceptually self-righteous people who just don't have a fuckin' clue.

Damn I didnt even see that one. I just think the money could have gone somewhere else for a better cause or to better emcee's. It just makes it a joke for others who are more deserving and qualified for that deal.

What was the name of the guy who went out cause of the snitch part? some of his stuff was ok.