PDA

View Full Version : Beware of ebay selling 240sx or cars in general!!

drift donkey
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I was almost Phished or Spoofed by some fucken piece of shit selling a 1997 240sx on ebay. He made it so you couldn't bid unless he approved you. Ofcourse he never approved anyone and the bidding end. He then sent out emails saying that he didn't have time to get to his computer, and if I was interested that should send him some info. By the way, he was going to sell and ship the car for $4350.00. He then sent me a fake ebay motors invoice that instructed me to Western Union a depsoit to some Rep. for ebay. I sent a copy to ebay and they told me that it was a fake. I hope no one gets caught up in this scam.:coolugh:

P.S. All scammers should be taken out side and shot in balls!! :mrmeph:

ThatGuy
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow! A scam on EBay? I never would've thought!

[/sarcasm]

Just another reason Zilvia.net does not permit EBay advertisments. Glad you didn't get ripped off. Fuck EBay.

FaLKoN240
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Good looking out.

wootwoot
01-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow! A scam on EBay? I never would've thought!

[/sarcasm]

Just another reason Zilvia.net does not permit EBay advertisments. Glad you didn't get ripped off. Fuck EBay.

what other options do we have for the sale of used goods? (not being a dick! honest!)

ThatGuy
01-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Honestly, I don't know. But people have been building cars since long before the internet and EBay were around. I have never had to use to EBay to do anything to my car, and I am far from wealthy enough to afford new parts for everything. EBay makes it TOO easy to rip people off.

LB.Motoring
01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
honestly, I would never use western Union money xfer. it spits scam just right there.

I got scammed years back with something similar to that for a hood...

A Spec Products
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
You live in CA.

There is no reason to be scammed.

Buy everything in person.

FaLKoN240
01-13-2007, 06:23 PM

+1 Unless you live in buttfuck egypt, no reason not to just keep your eyes open on the regional spots.

Craiglist.org, Zilvia.net, whatever poo poo regional forum you like to carrouse on.

Rayne
01-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Be weary of anything involving sending money via Western Union to someone you have never met in person.

SiI40sx
01-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Until this day I dont understand the logic on an internet sale from a private party. Uhh ok I have jpeg formats of this cool thing! Okay now give me a shit load of money with your eyes closed, stand next to your mailbox with your fingers crossed, and hope I send it okay!!!

Honestly unless its a corp or respected business, Id NEVER buy anything online from anyone

origin_s135
01-15-2007, 02:56 AM
that's why we have zilvia reviews forum : )

exitspeed
01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
You live in CA.

There is no reason to be scammed.

No shit. You Cali folks got it made. I wish things were as redily availible in WI as they are by you. Luckily the Chi is only an hr away and most of the CFR guys are down there, or I'd have nearly 0 access to local used parts.

grnappletree14
01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
that what happen to me, i was going to buy a s14 95 240sx. already fixed up painted, body kit, engine work, wheels. it was pretty much fixed up. he was going to sell it for $5000 shipped. i was like it was to go to be true. so i sent an email like u did and they said it was fake. fucking scammers

mRclARK1
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I'd never buy a vehicle off of Ebay... but I have purchased the odd part that way. Probably the biggest/most expensive being my clutch. But I only buy from sellers with LOTS of feedback; and I don't buy from any sellers below 98% positive. If you're careful, Ebay isn't a bad place to do some business. IMHO

But I would still much rather buy in person whenever possible.

gotta240
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Here is a tip...

FIRST, NEVER BUY ANYTHING HIGH DOLLAR you cant pick up and exchange money for.

The way i usually tell its a scam is....

When they say the car is in X location... I reply, OH MY GOSH!! What a coincindence...I'm on a trip there right now!!! When can i look at the car and give you cash!?

Usually dont get a reply.