PDA

View Full Version : Silver Surfer!

crazy9ceguy
01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.616?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=main+graphic&utm_medium=big+graphic+link&utm_content=%2Fnews%2Fmoviestories.616

Baka Sama
01-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Im so glad they decided to combine Silver Surfer and Fantastic Four into one movie. We really dont need 2 shitty box office bombs. Dont they realize the first FF wasnt even good?! From the looks of the trailer it might be worth seeing. Still nothing compets with the Spider Man franchise.

jrmiller84
01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I just hope they don't try to put Galactus in it. So far it doesn't look like they will but if they do it better only be a cameo (and an awesome one at that) or it will ruin it. How the hell can you fight Galactus? If they happen to pull it off, good for them.

A Spec Products
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I always thought Silver Surfer was a good guy?

Last time I checked the trailer they made him seem like a villain.

Oh, I guess my coworker is saying before he used to work for a bad guy?

Old school Marvel was bad ass when I was growing up.

vanish1
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
blah his surfing stance is all wrong, no one charges like that. He looks like a barney.

jrmiller84
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM

I'm not too keen on comic books but from what I understand he was one of Galactus's heralds in search of worlds for Galactus to devour. So with that in mind, it's definately a bad thing to see him on Earth.

blackcoupe
01-12-2007, 06:16 PM

he served galactus for some reason, and eventually turned good for some other reason...something like that.

vanish1
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
he met some blind ass bitch.

A Spec Products
01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
he served galactus for some reason, and eventually turned good for some other reason...something like that.

i totally don't remember anything i read in his comics

for some reason not as memorable of a character

EchoOfSilence
01-12-2007, 07:13 PM
ok so this is what happened: silver surfer was some astronomer dude on planet zenn-la. Galactus was this world-destroying godlike ravager of worlds that had zenn-la on his dinner plate, and silver surfer agreed to serve under him as herald in exchange for galactus sparing his homeworld. So in exchange for helping Galactus in finding worlds to consume, Galactus grants him his powers, blah blah blah.

So then he meets the Fantastic Four, they convince him to betray Galactus, and then he bans him in exile on Earth.

jrmiller84
01-12-2007, 07:28 PM
ok so this is what happened: silver surfer was some astronomer dude on planet zenn-la. Galactus was this world-destroying godlike ravager of worlds that had zenn-la on his dinner plate, and silver surfer agreed to serve under him as herald in exchange for galactus sparing his homeworld. So in exchange for helping Galactus find worlds to consume, Galactus grants him his powers, blah blah blah.

So then he meets the Fantastic Four, they convince him to betray Galactus, and then he bans him in exile on Earth.

That sounds right to me, here's more information. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_surfer):bow: