PDA

View Full Version : my bacon is always sawgy

Wykydtron
01-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't understand zilvia, every morning I make Bacon, Eggs and Toast... For some reason my bacon is always soggy... What am I doing wrong with my life?

To top it off, my egg failed this morning. I totalled my egg. I had to dump it and fry up another one. :(

LB.Motoring
01-08-2007, 11:58 AM
you could allways get turkey bacon, it never gets soggy... but I like real pigs.

Darius2250
01-08-2007, 12:00 PM
In The Skillet or On The Griddle:

Safety first: Shield yourself from spattering fat. When the sound of sizzle hit the ears, the dish-washing gloves hit the hands.

Prepare a plate for the finished bacon ahead of time. Layer two paper towels on a plate and have another paper towel at the ready.

If frying in a pan, choose a pan large enough to accommodate the full length of the bacon strips. The more room you have to work with, the better your chance of success.

Lay the bacon in the pan or on the skillet BEFORE turning on the heat. Do not let slices overlap - not even a little.

Cook on a setting slightly above medium. Too much heat means the bacon will cook too quickly. A cooking time that exceeds five minutes is not only fine, it is preferred.

As the bacon begins to shrink, flip each slice separately with a fork - make sure the slices remain as flat as possible after flipping. At this point, flip each slice at least once every 45 seconds.

Drain off excess fat midway though cooking time -- about 2 minutes after the bacon begins to sizzle. Carefully remove pan from heat, hold the bacon down with a wide spatula and tilt pan to drain fat into a container. There's no need to get rid of all the liquid - just enough so the slices don't have to swim and fry at the same time.

Well-made griddles allow the fat to drain though the nature of their construction. Forget this step if using one.

Finished bacon will be brown and firm, not necessarily crispy in the pan. With a fork, transfer each finished slice to the plate lined with paper towels. When all the pieces are there, dab the top-side of all slices with the other paper towel.

Turn off the heat. Remove the gloves. Pat yourself on the back. Your crispy bacon is now ready to serve and enjoy.

MELLO*SOS
01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Try this, sleep till noon and then just make/eat a sandwich when you wake up. Man I am way too tired to even think of cooking breakfast in the morning... Redbull is healthy way to start the day right?

Edit: Fletchers pepper bacon is great if you can find someone to wake they ass up early and cook it for you. Also, turkey bacon ftw.

woodchuck
01-08-2007, 12:09 PM
there is a show on food network with a dude named alton brown. he put bacon in the oven. came out REAL crisp and it didn't even take that long to cook.

exitspeed
01-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Alton Brown is dope. He's the Bill Nye the Science guy of cooking.

Chewy Bacon > Cripsy Bacon anyway.

Jalepeno poppers filled with bacon and monterjack cheese are the shit.

bardabe
01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Chewy Bacon > Cripsy Bacon anyway.

Jalepeno poppers filled with bacon and monterjack cheese are the shit.
amen to that brother!!! yes chewy bacon > crispy bacon. jalapeno poopers with bacon, and cheese ftw. :boink:

exitspeed
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
amen to that brother!!! yes chewy bacon > crispy bacon. jalapeno poopers with bacon, and cheese ftw. :boink:

Jalapeno's
Montery Jack Cheese
Bacon, fried then crumbled
2 Beaten Egg's
Bread Crumbs
Veg or Conola Oil

Fry up some bacon and crumble it up. Then take a whole, large jalapeno, stem and all, cut it down the side. Stuff it with the bacon and montery jack cheese. Then dip stuffed Jalapeno's in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Two at a time carefully place Jalapeno's into hot oil. Fry until Crumbs are golden brown. Let cool and enjoy with a 6 pack!

Warning: The first couple bites are not going to be hot. Once you get closer to the stem were the membrane is they'll start heating up real good.

s13poop
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
i love breakfast!

i can have it at anytime of the day

mmmMMmmmMm... bacon and eggs

this thread makes me hungry :D

BREAKFAST FTW!!

theicecreamdan
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I <3 this thread. I actually started cooking breakfast recently, good timing.

more breakfast recipes please.

exitspeed
01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I usually only eat breakfast if I go out to diner the night before and have some filet left over.

Steak and Eggs is the best breakfast ever. MMMMmmm, how I love when the blood from the steak runs all into my fried eggs. *droooooooooool*

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
How can you screw up cooking eggs?

It's like tying your shoes.

Buy better cookware maybe.

Just put the bacon in an oven (or toaster oven) on baking sheet with a tray on it. The elevation will allow both sides to cook and not have the bacon sitting in its own grease.

Paper towels are never good for fried foods. Maybe use grocery paper bags if you have to, but if you cook on a rack, no need.

This morning I made homemade hash browns and a omelette.

Always cook eggs on low heat to prevent them from being chewy. Also, try to undercook them slightly so that the egg is moist.

I don't eat bacon, cause MOMMA COOK DA BREAKFAST WIT NO HAWG!

MELLO*SOS
01-08-2007, 02:04 PM
i love breakfast!

i can have it at anytime of the day

mmmMMmmmMm... bacon and eggs

this thread makes me hungry :D

BREAKFAST FTW!!

http://turbomirage.phpwebhosting.com/pics/misc/homer_drool.gif

baconnnnnnnn aghghhhhhhhhh

JSpecBnr32
01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Eddie your a noob can't cook your bacon lol!

origin_s135
01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
god damn it. this is making me hungry and i'd already ate!

HyperTek
01-08-2007, 04:45 PM
To top it off, my egg failed this morning. I totalled my egg. I had to dump it and fry up another one. :(

how bad is the yolk? would you be willing to part out the yolk to me? thanks :keke:

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Secret to fast hash browns is microwave the potato whole first for like 7 minutes, then chop up and then fry.

Otherwise it takes forever to cook a raw potato until soft.

It's all about the Purity Brand portguese sausage, eggs, and rice.

http://www.zippys.com/zippys/images/products/regohotlarge.gif

MELLO*SOS
01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
:stupid: linguica and scrambled eggs ftw..

wootwoot
01-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Time for you to get a raised iron skillet. Cook with a higher temp as well. Olive oil makes everything more crispy. F butter.

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Time for you to get a raised iron skillet. Cook with a higher temp as well. Olive oil makes everything more crispy. F butter.

Nahhh son

Teflon for that easy clean up. A little splash of vegetable oil all you need.

Clean up with a wet paper towel.

Butter is okay for omelettes but anything with a long cook time is fucked with butter.

s13poop
01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Secret to fast hash browns is microwave the potato whole first for like 7 minutes, then chop up and then fry.

Otherwise it takes forever to cook a raw potato until soft.

It's all about the Purity Brand portguese sausage, eggs, and rice.

http://www.zippys.com/zippys/images/products/regohotlarge.gif

i never had eggs and rice on the same plate!

is it good? :confused:

can anyone else vouch for this??

cause im thinking of trying it :naughtyd:

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM

are you crazy?

rice + eggs + any breakfast meat, its the shit!

maybe its a hawaii thing

if u true gangsta you cook a sunny side up joint, and let the runny yolk over the rice

http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/semi/mac01.jpg

portguese sausage eggs rice plate at hawaii mcdonalds!

real talk!

woodchuck
01-08-2007, 05:58 PM

ohhh man you're missing out. eggs+rice + breakfast meat is the way to rock it.

the egg yolk gives the rice some flavor when you mix the two together. kick it up a notch and fry the rice in the breakfast meat fat (for example spam fried rice) and its all grood. not healthy but real hearty.

ALTRNTV
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Eggs and rice are a norm...

kensreliableb18b
01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
o yeaaaaa eggs and rice and meat? gimme some of that loco moco!!!

kdashy
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
I want me some of that purity sausage.

ThatGuy
01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I keep it simple. Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on Lender's Square Bagels. Yummy!

s13poop
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
are you crazy?

rice + eggs + any breakfast meat, its the shit!

maybe its a hawaii thing

yeah..

maybe its cause im mexican

and you know how we like to wrap everything in a flour tortilla :-/

meats + cheese + eggs= the norm

hahahaha :D

wootwoot
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Cast Iron is still my choice. Clean up isnt bad at all. Just dont forget NO SOAP. Use an abrasive pad and it takes 1 min to clean and then you oil it everynow and then with whatever you cook with. I bought a teflon omlett pan thingy and it had no flavor compared to my iron skillet. Used it twice.

RJF
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Thick sliced bacon on either your broiler pan or a baking sheet with cooling rack, so the fat can drip away. Bacon always comes out crispy.

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah..

true dat

first time i had an authentic breakfast burrito (if authentic is even the word)

i was amazed

burrito + bacon, eggs, cheese, potato, sausage, salsa = not a bad way to begin the day

taaaaasty

usdm180sx
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
C'mon Logan take it back to the 808 with some portagee sausage and eggs or some loco moco brah. Or a bucket of chili and rice!

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 09:47 PM
C'mon Logan take it back to the 808 with some portagee sausage and eggs or some loco moco brah. Or a bucket of chili and rice!

Wash em down wit:

http://cardhouse.com/travel/hi/pogjuice.jpg

YOUUUU KNO!

wootwoot
01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
We dont have anything that you guys are talking about in Florida. Frickin weird ass west coast. Rice and eggs? Tell that to a southern trucker. He'll whip your ass.

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
We dont have anything that you guys are talking about in Florida. Frickin weird ass west coast. Rice and eggs? Tell that to a southern trucker. He'll whip your ass.

West coast is the best coast.

Eazzzt coast has three z's in it.

Snooze you lose g.

mRclARK1
01-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Damn... this thread has inspired me to start making time for the most important meal of the day.

All this time on Zilvia is starting to even have health benefits. :aw:

bardabe
01-08-2007, 10:07 PM
yeah..

LMAO its fuckin hilarious how true that is.

bardabe
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
yep that is what im having for breakfast tomorrow before school. Rice, eggs, and Bacon. whoo!!!

s13poop
01-08-2007, 10:28 PM
West coast is the best coast

http://thugradio.net/westsidepic.gif

bowdown :bowdown:

ALTRNTV
01-08-2007, 10:29 PM
http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/p1010271.JPG

What 'chu know about LONGANISA, rice, eggs, and fruit?!

Frosty_spl
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
put bacon in the microwave:

Put a couple paper towels on a plate, but bacon on it, put more paper towels on top of it all.

I think its a minute per slice, but experiment with it.

I only have Instant Breakfast in the morning. Vitamin enriched chocolate milk. Maybe thats why Im so skinny. :P

A Spec Products
01-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Breakfast shouldn't be a microwaved meal!

Break out the skillet and kill it!

Goddamn I speak in rhyme now, call me Jesse Jackson.

Cash
01-08-2007, 10:40 PM
You cook bacon, eggs, and toast every morning?? Please come be my new roommate! It's really nice in Georgia, I promise you'll love it.

jdizzy204
01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
http://static.flickr.com/49/140523348_e03d8c2da3_m.jpg
eggs in a basket + jelly ftmfw:aw:
i have two every morning for breakfast + apple juice

Cash
01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Is it just me or do people start the most rediculous, alcohol induced (most likely) threads at night? I love it!

S14Josh
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Bacon and egg sandwiches!

We have this dude who comes through the dealership every day, like one of those mexican lunch trucks, but its this old white dude. Makes the most bombtastic bacon and egg sandwiches ever.

Toast (Those big ass texas toast style pieces of bread), Bagon, Eggs (Over-easy), Cheese, Mayo.

YES

94cc0rd
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM

whoa, that shiz looks good...

you put bread on the pan and let the egg cook on the bread??

ALTRNTV
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I nominate this the BEST THREAD of 2007 so far, because it's making me so damn hungry.

94cc0rd
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
what are your thoughts on microwave ready bacon?

ALTRNTV
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I had some 2 days ago, I threw away the box. Nothing beats fresh-cooked food.

Cash
01-08-2007, 11:22 PM

Makes a small dorm room smell good for days. All the kids on your floor will be jealous. Man I miss living in the dorms.. wait, no I don't. I do miss microwave bacon though. There's a 24 hour Kroger down the street. I'll be back in a few.

jdizzy204
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
whoa, that shiz looks good...

you put bread on the pan and let the egg cook on the bread??

butter on pan, cut hole in bread, cook egg in hole. hence the name. with jelly, it is amazing!!!!!!!:naughty:

Wykydtron
01-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Ah yes, Canadians call that Pop-eye's Egg. I love it! I think I'll prep that tomorrow morning and get some POG!

And by the way, to all you guys that haven't had Bacon Eggs & Rice... OMG! Definitely something you should try at least once. ;) Azn mothers ftw.

And btw, the egg, I threw cheese on it to early. The slice sank through the yoke and burnt itself. It turns your whole egg brown if you don't do something quick. :hahano:

JSpecBnr32
01-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Eddie u make the weirdest threads LOL!

Islander240
01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
put bacon in the microwave:

Put a couple paper towels on a plate, but bacon on it, put more paper towels on top of it all.

I think its a minute per slice, but experiment with it.

exactley....i thought no one else was gonna mention this. you can make it crispy if you want. i put it in so its slighty crispy, but still a little sawgy/flexible :bigok:

kawika219
01-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Wash em down wit:

http://cardhouse.com/travel/hi/pogjuice.jpg

YOUUUU KNO!
auuuuuuuuriiiiiiiiiight...imma have to say rice w/SPAM/portugese sausage/vienna sausge, some Ani's sweet bread and 3 tall glasses of POG...thats a real breakfast in the aloha state, and probably the reason why i had to buy a racing seat for big people hahaha

djkowai
01-09-2007, 01:52 AM
LONGANISA FTMFW!!!! so fuckin tasty. As for bacon cooking, fuck it i turn it up all the way..just gotta make sure you keep a close eye on it. After that i tend to it with a paper towel to get a good amount of the grease off. DAMMIT i want some breakfast now after reading all of this, what an awesome thread.

usdm180sx
01-09-2007, 02:00 AM

If you don't know about rice and eggs you never been to the 808. BTW a 500lb Samoan will DESTROY a Southern trucker haha

projekt_s13
01-09-2007, 02:06 AM
I love making a little mountain of hash browns then putting two sunny side eggs on top. Sprinkle some black pepper on top, then pop the two yokes so you get some yellow lava flowing down the hash brown mountain. mmmmmm.... thats what im gonna do tomorrow, even though i dont eat breakfast anymore.

ALTRNTV
01-09-2007, 02:07 AM
My typical breakfast:

http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/p1010271.JPG

+

http://www.mind-healing.co.uk/images/Orange_juice.jpg

+

http://www.valeriosbakery.com/images/pandesal.jpg with http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/(images)/ed.0785/$file/butter.jpg

=

THE MUTHA EFFIN' WIN!!!

BTW a 500lb Samoan will DESTROY a Southern trucker haha
A 200lb one will do the job just as well, lol.

backroadtouge
01-09-2007, 02:07 AM
what time is it hmm? 3am? breakfast time right?

projekt_s13
01-09-2007, 02:16 AM
its 1:15 am here, but i want breakfast now

A Spec Products
01-09-2007, 02:35 AM
auuuuuuuuriiiiiiiiiight...imma have to say rice w/SPAM/portugese sausage/vienna sausge, some Ani's sweet bread and 3 tall glasses of POG...thats a real breakfast in the aloha state, and probably the reason why i had to buy a racing seat for big people hahaha

http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/c5/b6/67/29734503.JPG

http://www.infopackets.com/graphics/spam+hormel.gif

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

i dont eat vienna sausage these days, but that reminds me of my small kid days at my grandma's house for breakfast

spam i dont eat just for health reasons as much these days, but i remember when i was eating it in college everyone looked at me funny...guess here on the mainland spam is not the delicacy it is back in the islands hahaha

if u want to get extra nuts, you can fry the spam in teriyaki sauce, super gooooood

and i dont do it, but a lot of people love to put shoyu (what we call soy sauce) on rice/eggs:

http://www.paanilani.com/image/alohashoyu/alohashoyu-300.jpg

only rock the aloha shoyu brah!

kawika219
01-09-2007, 03:04 AM
frying spam in teriyaki sauce= kick ass spam musubi

A Spec Products
01-09-2007, 03:20 AM
frying spam in teriyaki sauce= kick ass spam musubi

true dat in the hoo dat

bbq chicken musubi is even better

i have an L&L down the street from my house, but their musubi just isnt the same

fromxtor
01-09-2007, 04:54 AM
man theres nothing better than going home to visit, and waking up to some eggs,turkey bacon, thick ass toast, and fresh squeezed OJ.

BOROSUN
01-09-2007, 06:12 AM
every morn' its tyrannosaurus eggs sprinkled with diamonds.

fromxtor
01-09-2007, 07:18 AM
^^ Thats the most baller shit ever. :)

yokotas13
01-09-2007, 08:25 AM
In The Skillet or On The Griddle:

Safety first: Shield yourself from spattering fat. When the sound of sizzle hit the ears, the dish-washing gloves hit the hands.

Prepare a plate for the finished bacon ahead of time. Layer two paper towels on a plate and have another paper towel at the ready.

If frying in a pan, choose a pan large enough to accommodate the full length of the bacon strips. The more room you have to work with, the better your chance of success.

Lay the bacon in the pan or on the skillet BEFORE turning on the heat. Do not let slices overlap - not even a little.

Cook on a setting slightly above medium. Too much heat means the bacon will cook too quickly. A cooking time that exceeds five minutes is not only fine, it is preferred.

As the bacon begins to shrink, flip each slice separately with a fork - make sure the slices remain as flat as possible after flipping. At this point, flip each slice at least once every 45 seconds.

Drain off excess fat midway though cooking time -- about 2 minutes after the bacon begins to sizzle. Carefully remove pan from heat, hold the bacon down with a wide spatula and tilt pan to drain fat into a container. There's no need to get rid of all the liquid - just enough so the slices don't have to swim and fry at the same time.

Well-made griddles allow the fat to drain though the nature of their construction. Forget this step if using one.

Finished bacon will be brown and firm, not necessarily crispy in the pan. With a fork, transfer each finished slice to the plate lined with paper towels. When all the pieces are there, dab the top-side of all slices with the other paper towel.

Turn off the heat. Remove the gloves. Pat yourself on the back. Your crispy bacon is now ready to serve and enjoy.
excelent first post lol

kawika219
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
true dat in the hoo dat

bbq chicken musubi is even better

i have an L&L down the street from my house, but their musubi just isnt the same
i heard the L&L up there just isnt really the same...but its pretty close

usdm180sx
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
If L&L sucks in Hawaii then yeah it's pretty close because L&L sucks over here too haha

kawika219
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
^ um it originated here in hawaii. depneds which one you go to

usdm180sx
01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
^ um it originated here in hawaii. depneds which one you go to

um yeah I know that. I was saying that if L&L sucks over there in Hawaii it also sucks here on the mainland.

I edited my previous post so that it's more clear :D

irax
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
man.... i really want some rice and eggs.

theicecreamdan
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm gonna go cook eggs right now. yay for not going to class.

Edit: actually... oven is now preheating for some chicken wings. I don't really remember what I marinaded them in, but it smells GOOD

ALTRNTV
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I had tocino this morning. :bigok:

http://iskasrecipes.busythumbs.com/users/i/iska/iskasrecipes/images/tocino.JPG

usdm180sx
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I had tocino this morning. :bigok:

http://iskasrecipes.busythumbs.com/users/i/iska/iskasrecipes/images/tocino.JPG

Did you have any Balut with that? haha

A Spec Products
01-09-2007, 01:13 PM
If L&L sucks in Hawaii then yeah it's pretty close because L&L sucks over here too haha

L&L up here is okay, but obviously not the same just being in hawaii eating a plate lunch etc

I didn't eat breakfast today, I am currently dying

I think I'll eat an orange

Wykydtron
01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
My bacon was pretty crisp this morning. Not overcooked, but just right... Oh yeah, and that haggered mess next to the bacon is my failed attempt to make a pop-eye's egg (jewel whatever you call it. lol!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Realchaos1/S4010011.jpg

jdizzy204
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
lol, my breakfast turned out glorious this morning:keke:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/jdizzy204/manbrkfst.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/jdizzy204/manbrkfst2.jpg

Islander240
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
If you don't know about rice and eggs you never been to the 808. BTW a 500lb Samoan will DESTROY a Southern trucker haha

samoans ftw!

and i dont do it, but a lot of people love to put shoyu (what we call soy sauce) on rice/eggs:

http://www.paanilani.com/image/alohashoyu/alohashoyu-300.jpg

i put it on my rice depending what im eating with it

wootwoot
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry man. But Iam going to have to debate the southern trucker even killing a Samoan. They are some racist motherfuckers and would more then likely shoot the bitch from 50 feet with a 44 magnum.

A Spec Products
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry man. But Iam going to have to debate the southern trucker even killing a Samoan. They are some racist motherfuckers and would more then likely shoot the bitch from 50 feet with a 44 magnum.

That's true, but if it was up and up no weapons he'd get poi pounded into the ground.

Speaking of racist dudes, some racist dude from out east yelled at me on the phone yesterday. Sad that ignorance still is alive in this day and age.

Any English dudes up in here?

Is beans + toast considered a breakfast?

http://lostseouls.com/blog20/beans-on-toast.jpg

s13poop
01-09-2007, 02:40 PM
That's true, but if it was up and up no weapons he'd get poi pounded into the ground.

yupp proabably even turn his ass into a puka shell :eek:

wootwoot
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
My friend Andy eats the shit out of beans and toast for breakfast. He also loves Marmite. Godddd, that stuff is fucking terrible. God dang Brits.

A Spec Products
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
My friend Andy eats the shit out of beans and toast for breakfast. He also loves Marmite. Godddd, that stuff is fucking terrible. God dang Brits.

Yeah when I was in London I wasn't too impressed by the food.

They had some bomb ass sandwiches at this shop called Pret though.

Cucumber and cheese sandwiches or something mmmm

lucky7
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
im not a breakfast eater..

http://www.incompetech.com/gallimaufry/cigarette/camel_light.jpg

+

http://www.sactodan.mu.nu/images/dunkin_donut_cup.gif
no cream or sugar.

/breakfast.