PDA

View Full Version : Shim tool for SR

mjjstang
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
anyone got a shim tool for SR, it measures for shim thickness. usually fits into the HLA holes. I am not looking to buy one, but rather rent, or find out where they have them at. figured this would be the appropriate forum. THANKS

lonelydrifter
01-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes my buddy has the tool but its not the one that fits into HLA spot it bolts in where cam caps go and has holes for inserting a dial indicator so you can measure like 4 at once. Pretty sweet tool I will be measuring my shit with it. Im not sure if he is gonna rent it out just yet but I know for sure he will do te measurements for a small fee if you sent him your head. Hit me back and i'll ask him.

redsuns3838
01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
why dont you try posting in regional so you can find someone near you with a shim tool? Or maybe you can rent one from a shop or use theirs for a small fee. most race shops have them...

johngriff
01-05-2007, 04:49 PM
the hla tool is custom. The oem nissan one is special order part.

You can fab a custom plate like i did.

mjjstang
01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
why dont you try posting in regional so you can find someone near you with a shim tool? Or maybe you can rent one from a shop or use theirs for a small fee. most race shops have them...

haaa cuz noone in my area even knows what a 240sx is. lonely drifter, it would cost a fortune to send my head etc. can you pm me your buddys contact info. Im sure he would rent it to me eventually, I could put down a deposit and also I have good rep on ebay and ive been here forever.