PDA

View Full Version : Free anti-virus spyware scan

RiversideS13
12-28-2006, 02:03 AM
if you are cheap like me that didnt buy anti malicious software scan program, than you might like this

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

only works if you have a legit window OS

projekt_s13
12-28-2006, 02:06 AM
i like my adaware.

WILDACEX187
12-28-2006, 02:31 AM
stupid microsoft verification crap. i cant get anything good anymore. still got my windows media player 11 though :D

ManoNegra
12-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Beware, recent Media Player upgrades with get you with that verification crap too.

atom
12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.activevirusshield.com

Heres a free regular AV program if anyone wants one of those too. It's AOL branded, but it's free and basically a sort of stripped down Kaspersky AV which is one of the best AV out on the market.

SimpleS14
12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
I just use AVG and Ad-Aware.

WILDACEX187
12-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Beware, recent Media Player upgrades with get you with that verification crap too.

yea they got me with the media player 10 upgrade crap. i had to reinstall windows. but i looked for a torrent for mp11 and it has sum registry crap and it worked. (of course wat i said is in no way true, i was just playing microsoft)

CKAMC
12-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I just use AVG and Ad-Aware.

I have been around the internet for the past 15 years... and in the last 5 AVG anti virus (the free one) does the job right!!! no lag like norton and no shit telling you to subscribe to them to continue to have there service... the program updates everyday and runs at a higher priority than most of the other but provides little resources.

adaware vs spybot? well I run spybot tea timer to help monitor my processes *the things you see when you look at task amanger aka ctrl+alt+delete* by watching that your enable yourself to be less at chance of catching hard to remove spyware and other things that go for the core of your system... the processes.

remember ppl a good firewall... such as peerguardian is always nice to have to keep the pesky people out :)

HyperTek
12-28-2006, 08:10 PM
damm my Norton ran out =( *it came on the cd with my motherboard*..
I liked it because it has firewall and virus in like one application.

I had AVG Free edition before, I might use that.

Dam I feel we shouldnt have to pay for antivirus protection, its those virus creating fuckers that ruin it. Sorta like having car insurance to protect you from thieves... People make money off bad guys.. thats pretty ironic

Jung918
12-28-2006, 08:50 PM
If you look around there is a torrent that verifies your window.

Irukandji
12-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Firefox + Adaware, I've been virus free for the past 2 years. I occasionally do a Virus scan with McAfee to make sure, but I never leave the firewall on.

Mozilla ftw.