PDA

View Full Version : WTB 97-98 240sx with LOW miles ASAP

DaConfusion
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I am sorry if this is not in the WTB section, I assumed the WTB is for parts only. I am in urgent need of a 97-98 240sx that is not unfairly priced. It needs to have low miles. I would prefer a stock 240sx but let me know what kind of kouki you have!

Located in Houston, TX. I am willing to pay for shipping if in the USA.

email
[email protected]

Phone
713 849 8570

Quangs203
12-28-2006, 12:23 AM
97 silver moss w/ 93k miles bone stock engine, got suspension and wheels PM me if u're interested.

DaConfusion
12-28-2006, 12:33 AM
I found one on autotrader with 39k miles but the lady is asking too much. 14k for the car even tho its KBB is 9100.

I will keep you in mind Quangs203. Thank you for letting me know.

Keep them coming guys, thanks

SX ED 101
12-28-2006, 10:27 AM
I found one on autotrader with 39k miles but the lady is asking too much. 14k for the car even tho its KBB is 9100.

You may be waiting a while for a good deal man. Until you find someone that doesnt know what they have, then all your going to see is $2k to $3k above blue book. These arent the most common cars, you know and chances are if someone owns one of these by now, they know what they go for. Good luck though man.

DaConfusion
12-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah I know. Theres this 98 in colorado with 39k miles but the lady wont go under 14k for it. Its 100% stock...

I bought my 97 2 years ago with 42k miles and when it was hit, it had about 62k miles on it. So I want to replace it with something similar in mileage.

Yurand
12-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Not stock, but low miles and IMO fairly priced at $11k OBO.

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15529&highlight=

DaConfusion
12-28-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah thats a good deal, the rust is what worries me most on that car.

How much would you guys offer the kouki with 39500 miles and 2nd owner. The lady wont budge but I want a car with a chassis in perfect condition and manual.

Noah
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I've got a 96 w/ SR conversion & 5-speed built to ~350rwhp that I'd be willing to sell if you're flexible on the year.

Take care,

Noah

VROOOM
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM

kbb doesnt take into account market value. with the amount of these cars made(not very many) and the demand for them(high), you will most likely pay more than blue book. supply and demand

DaConfusion
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes I am willing to pay above KBB but 5 grand over? Is it worth it for a stock car?

Noah, I am thinking thank you for letting me know.

SX ED 101
12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes I am willing to pay above KBB but 5 grand over? Is it worth it for a stock car?

Noah, I am thinking thank you for letting me know.

Ill sell you my 97, even though its got some miles on it, its been REALLY WELL taken care of. I bought it off a 45 year old man that had it since 2000 that drove it to work every day which was about 40 miles a day. The body is in great condition and there is NO rust anywhere. Its a 5 speed and an SE that I will let go to you for $6500. I want a newer Maxima or Altima so this must go! Let me know man, Ill PM you my number if interested. Also, its in the for sale section...

Noah
12-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the response. Here's a little more info on the car:

96 pearl white ext/gray interior, no sunroof, and stock spoiler
Wheels are aftermarket 16s
Red Top SR block (bought from a friend who imports them professionally)
Garrett GT25R (.68/.70 AR turbine/compressor)
Fake GReddy intake mani (sand-cast knock-off)
24x12x3 FMIC (eBay special)
Mandrel-bent 2.5" stainless IC plumbing (custom job)
KA throttle body
Custom Intake w/ aftermarket filter to clear PS lines
Nismo 740cc Injectors
Z32 MAF
HKS 264 cams
stainless bellmouth dump/O2 sensor housing
3" TRUST downpipe
Short shifter of unknown origin (feels *much* tighter than the TRD unit I had on my old GT Four or the stocker on my M3--we're talking wrist-flicks here)
Nismo twin-plate clutch/moly flywheel combo
Viscous LSD (suspect it came from an Infinity, never tore it down)
Rising-rate FPR
Walbro 255L/hr fuel pump
Skyline calipers on Z32 rotors up front (still a 4-lug)
KYB AGX struts
Eibach Pro-Line springs
Trunk-mount battery (passenger side, naturally, in a Summit Racing box)
Custom-fit 1965 Mustang windshield washer reservoir bag to clear IC plumbing (worth 40hp!)
ARP HG studs
Freshly tuned on a dyno

That much should be finished in the next few weeks. I'm still on the fence about a Cometic HG (engine's already in the car--major PITA) and exhaust options. I've got a Magna-Flow 3" in/out cat for it and a shop that will splice it into a nice 3" system, but the shop is a ways from the house and it's cold. The only other really glaring defect is that it needs a stereo, as some shrewd wrench-monkey decided to store it outside his garage in an "emerging" neighborhood last spring. Also, the speedo gear hasn't been swapped to reflect the new SR trans: it gets horrible mileage, but 0-60 times are like *lightning*... ;^)

At any rate, as it stands, I'd like to see close to 12k for everything here, and the price will go up as I finish up the details. The guy who plans to put it on a dyno expects to coax ~350 rwhp on a conservative tune, and closer to 380 or so if we add the extra insurance of the metal HG.

Background: yes, this is the one I blew up a year or so ago. HOWEVER: none of the parts listed above were in it at the time. As you can see above, I think the exhaust manifold and the radiator are the only parts I reused. I'm not a really motivated seller; I'm recently engaged. Please feel free to make an offer, but bear in mind that low-balls will only give me ammunition in the running argument over how soon I have to sell it. 8^)

Let me know if you're interested and we'll talk.

Take care,

Noah

DaConfusion
12-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the honesty and replies guys. So far I am going to fly to colorado to check out that 98.

SX ED, I will let you know if I dont like the colorado car. Thanks!

bamaboy
12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Ill sell you my 97, even though its got some miles on it, its been REALLY WELL taken care of. I bought it off a 45 year old man that had it since 2000 that drove it to work every day which was about 40 miles a day. The body is in great condition and there is NO rust anywhere. Its a 5 speed and an SE that I will let go to you for $6500. I want a newer Maxima or Altima so this must go! Let me know man, Ill PM you my number if interested. Also, its in the for sale section...
PM me, i'm interested!!