PDA

View Full Version : Stripping the RP

GreekRPS13
12-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey sooo im in the process of stripping my carr but i cant seem to figure out if the metal brace that holds the rear seats and connects to the rear audio deck has anything to do with the chasis? Whats your opinon on if it should come out or not..........:confused:

shane_lxi
12-22-2006, 08:32 PM
???? is this an s13 coupe? I hope you arent talking about cutting out the rear wall bordering the cabin and the trunk? That has assloads to do with your chassis... leave it... but I really hope that wasnt the part you were asking about...

koukimonster139
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
leave it alone unless your welding a cage in. it has a lot to do with the structural integrity of your car.

McRussellPants
12-22-2006, 09:08 PM
The rear seat brace in the hatch technically isn't functional. its a pain to take out and it looks shitty from drilling out the welds.

just leave it.

koukimonster139
12-23-2006, 11:12 AM
^ ya

i was thinking of the one on the s14 that connects the rear strut towers.

GreekRPS13
12-24-2006, 03:21 AM
^ ya

i was thinking of the one on the s14 that connects the rear strut towers.

yea exactly....but alright if everyone says i shouldnt touch it then f it thanks guys

gotta240
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
they weight nothing, why would you WANT to remove them anyways?

driftenthusiast
12-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I really dont think that shit has "assloads" to do with you chassis. I cut mine out in my coupe when i did my cage and you can bend it with your hands. To get the welds on the mounting places to the strut tower all the way around it was best just to take it out.

koukimonster139
12-24-2006, 04:22 PM
right. well after you graduate automotive school and get a degree in automotive collision/refinishing youll think differently. of course when you cut it out you can bend it with your bare hands......same with a rear body panel, radiator support, hell even the firewall if it was cut out. but that doesnt have anything to with your chassis either right? when its spot welded in place it becomes part of a unitized structure, when NOT cut out it is very rigid....

woo