http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/dohc3si/Arcade%20Cockpit/Cockpit01.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/dohc3si/Arcade%20Cockpit/Cockpit02.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/dohc3si/Arcade%20Cockpit/Cockpit05.jpg

Thread http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=274026

TheTimanator
12-11-2006, 06:51 PM
WoW
what game is that?
Looks like something my little brother would do if he was into racing games...

ThatGuy
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Hahaha, you see the vid in the thread? He slid back in his seat when he took off. Who needs a full-motion sim when you get so into the game you move yourself? :rawk:

exitspeed
12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
That is a BA set-up.

Just a heads's up. GT5 (PS3 in general) can support up to 3 monitors also. So you will be able to make a st-up like that for GT5. One of the other guys on here also posted the new Logitech wheel that has a 6 speed shifter and a clutch. I plan on building a set-up similiar to this when i finish off my game room downstairs next year.

CrazyIvan
12-11-2006, 07:40 PM
link not working :(

projekt_s13
12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
^^ lol what are you talking about? It works for me.

Arsenal of Glory
12-11-2006, 11:57 PM
that looks like GTR or GTR2. Simple and clean setup. Not feeling the Logitech G25 setup though. That shifter sucks ass and pedal is way too firm.

Frex stuff is awesome
http://www.frex.com/gp/tips/071lefthanddsetup01a800.JPG

Munch
12-12-2006, 12:40 AM
i love the radio 'deck' in that setup

Helghast
12-12-2006, 12:46 AM
http://www.hexatechracing.com/

Full Motion Simulator . .

ohhh what money can buy these days.

DoriftoPnoy
12-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Sims.... they're fun

but not as fun as RL! WEEEW

azndummie
12-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Do u know how much this stuff costs?

SimpleSexy180
12-12-2006, 08:06 AM
wtf left hand drive BOOOO.

but a beautiful setup though.

NemeGuero
12-12-2006, 11:03 AM
fuckin' bad ass..

Looks like a Z32 seat.

KiDyNomiTe
12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Ya umm, how about real life...

s13silvia03
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
That is a pretty badass home setup, I played the game in the arcade and looks like it recreates it pretty good.

DreamDriveDrift
12-12-2006, 12:07 PM
www.force-dynamics.com
:aw:

HyperTek
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM

alot of us didnt get the experience to get into karting as kids, nor do we have the funds to jump into professional racing starting somewhere.. so us 20 year old somethings tend to throw cash on our street cars in hopes to live up those racing dreams we have, all knowing that we will not get anywhere near professional racing in real life, much like alot of the drift scene is limited unless you can get sponsored..

Im debating to sell my s13 so i can fund a kart as entry level to turn into racing potential, but even then, 22 years old is kinda late in the game.

no offense taken, but for some, racing simulators can bring enjoyment and release stress in the comforts of home. Actually alot of pro racers turn to sims to learn the lines of a track.

exitspeed
12-12-2006, 01:05 PM

How about it? I don't understand the reason for your reply? This thread is about a form of entertainment, not real life.

HyperTek
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
that looks like GTR or GTR2. Simple and clean setup. Not feeling the Logitech G25 setup though. That shifter sucks ass and pedal is way too firm.

Frex stuff is awesome

the Frex stuff is nice, but major expensive..
i got a cheap Driving Force ps2 steering wheel with an old Grant steering wheel adapted to it.. and was building an H-shifter for it.. Does the job for $30bucks.. I want to upgrade the steering to the Driving Force Pro for the 900degrees and put a real steering wheel on that, then build my own pedals http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/

exitspeed
12-12-2006, 01:23 PM
the Frex stuff is nice, but major expensive..
i got a cheap Driving Force ps2 steering wheel with an old Grant steering wheel adapted to it.. and was building an H-shifter for it.. Does the job for $30bucks.. I want to upgrade the steering to the Driving Force Pro for the 900degrees and put a real steering wheel on that, then build my own pedals http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/

If your still looking for the DFP by the time I get the new Logitech wheel, i'll sell you mine for a good price.

95Blue240sx
12-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Nice! Im going to get that game tonight =D

byhi
12-12-2006, 02:03 PM
holy shit, bad fucking ass

HyperTek
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
that game should be like $20 at best buy or so..

NASA Embraces Sim-Racing [12-12-2006 | JZ | Comments (0) ]
NATIONAL AUTO SPORT ASSOCIATION EMBRACES SANCTIONED SIM RACING WITH RACE2PLAY

The National Auto Sport Association and Race2Play jointly announce an alliance of firsts for both the real world of motorsports and the virtual world of simulated auto racing: Real-time sim racing online sanctioned by a real-world motorsports body.

Race2Play is the exclusive provider of the National Auto Sport Association's online racing division, and conducts all events under NASA regulations where applicable to sim racing. The two organizations plan future development programs for transitioning experienced sim racers to the ranks of real-world racers, bringing with them a well-earned foundation in race technique and knowledge.

"There's no doubt that becoming experienced and accomplished in sim racing is a huge step up for new drivers," NASA Executive Director Jerry Kunzman said. "These drivers are farther along the learning curve than others who may be just starting out.

"Even professionals find it useful, to be able to take sim laps at tracks they may have never seen before, to judge their line and braking points and throttle response through the turns. It's a huge advantage."

The National Auto Sport Association (www.nasaproracing.com) promotes and sanctions racing events at major venues throughout the United States, including its national championships at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. With the unveiling of NASASimRacing (www.nasasimracing.com), powered by Race2Play, NASA is the first real-world motorsports sanctioning body to fully embrace the benefits of simulated auto racing and its place in the racing world at large.

Race2Play (www.race2play.com) is a premier organizer of real-time simulated auto racing online, advancing the sport as the first and only such organization in the marketplace to be acknowledged and recognized by a real-world motorsports sanctioning body.

"We are absolutely thrilled to be making this connection between the real and virtual worlds of auto racing," Race2Play co-founder Todd Weiss said. "We believe the National Auto Sport Association to be a great match for the aims and interests of sim racers, and are extremely proud for NASA to have judged Race2Play the equivalent of a professionally run racing organization online."

surge s14
12-12-2006, 02:37 PM
oh god that looks like a shit load of fun

HyperTek
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
u need alot of time.. esp for online races, becuase you usually have sessions, practice for like 15 minutes, then qualifications, then warmup runs, then races... but everyone can vote to shorten those or skip thru the practices..

and u need to keep cool.. start of the races can be crazy because alot of people crash into each other at the first corner... so all that time u spent practicing and doing qualifications gets wasted if you dont keep a maintained run or someone taps you from behind and puts you out...

one of my most memorable momments was in GT legends *raciing 60's gt cars* (this game is really hard cuz if you get tapped in an online race, you might as well exit becuase its easy to loose control) and i was in 2nd place and we were running Dijon GP coarse and we where a few laps into it, I was driving a 65 mustang and on one of the uphill sweeps, the weight threw off on the car and I spun out right in front of the guys behind me... it was cool tho becuase i continued the race after that, even tho i lost my position. THe guys where like "haha dude i was right behind you when u spun out" I watched the replay a few times *you can watch the replay from their point of view) it was awesome.

HyperTek
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
crash at the start of a online race lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zmbq3btupSo&mode=related&search=

ms!3
12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
straight up balla, lol that would be pretty fun to play.

deadpirate
12-13-2006, 02:42 AM
holy shit..man when i get my house..im setting that shit up with the shifter on the left!!!! fuck yea!!!!!!!

jdm538
12-13-2006, 03:44 AM
wow if only i had enough time and money..... those screens are super clear.

Arsenal of Glory
12-13-2006, 03:58 AM

same logic to people who play Virtua Fighter.....cause its leisurely entertainment

BOROSUN
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
even pilots has to go thru a virtual sim before flying the actual plane.