PDA

View Full Version : valve spring levelers???

karazycrakr
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
okay i lost one on the last valve spring on the exhaust side and it fell in the oil drain in the back of the motor. Anyone know if it would go all the way down to the pan or if it would hurt to leave it there and anyone know where to find that part i cant find it??

Sileighty_85
12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Are you talking about a Shim?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Shims.jpg

anything floating around in ur engine thats not suppose to be there is bad for your engine, it might end up clogging an oil passage or getting stuck in a spring and grenading ur valve train. Get one on those small magnets on a stick and start poking it in crevices in the head then drop the bottom oil pan

As for a replacement I'm not sure where to find one.

smelly240
12-11-2006, 08:44 PM
get a magnet on a stick tool (telescoping magnet for those of us that get raped by our friendly snap on man...) if all else fails pop the lower pan and poke around with the magnet that way... i cant tell you how many times my maggy saved my booty with those lil bastards.

i have dropped em more than once... i've even used that magnet to pull timing chains up when i accidentally drop em into the front cover :D

karazycrakr
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
yea i already poked around with a magnet and i found one of the shim's but the other little bastard got away so im gonna drop the oil pan tomorrow