PDA

View Full Version : flip up headlight problems..

ZenkiKid
12-10-2006, 03:34 PM
well this is an odd one, when i got to school a couple days ago, i come to find out that my headlights wont retract back down, yet they are willing to go up. So for the whole week i would have to get out and turn the motor manually so they will go down. Ive already checked the relays and they are still fine, anybody know what else i could possibly look at?

downshift_sideways
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
The motor Itself.

ZenkiKid
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
The motor Itself.

so its possible for both motors to crap out on me at the same time? hahahahha

ms!3
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
you didnt do the sleeper mod by cutting the brown wire did you? that usually messes up you motors after a while.

ZenkiKid
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
no sir i did not.

cotbu
12-11-2006, 12:24 AM
you didnt do the sleeper mod by cutting the brown wire did you? that usually messes up you motors after a while
What is considered a while?
There are fuses! check them, Relays? Did you swap with known working?
Disconnect the motor harnesses get an FSM go to work!

TKfoshori
12-11-2006, 12:30 AM
thats happened to me before, i just replaced the fuses, even though they seemed good. and then made sure the grounds are on tight. check if someone else cut the brown wire, im sure you arent the only owner! and dont laugh at the guy that said maybe its the motor! obviously you dont have any bright ideas!

acgourley
12-11-2006, 01:43 AM
you didnt do the sleeper mod by cutting the brown wire did you? that usually messes up you motors after a while.

I'm interested to know why this is. All the stop and go action people put the motors through?

GSXRJJordan
12-11-2006, 01:54 AM
yup - the "double-click" is harder on the motors/lift assembly than just up and down. The headlight controller gives the motors a "soft limit" when they hit the bottom and the top, so they last longer. That being said, it's most likely a fuse.

There are seperate fuses and relays for up and down. Get under your drivers side kick panel and check those fuses first! After that, try replacing relays with known good ones (I like to pull the fan relay to try 'cause I flick my fans on every time I drive the car, I know if that one works or not).

samplesurf
12-11-2006, 02:20 AM
i had the same problem come to find out the previous owner cut the wires down near the fuse box next to the clutch pedal

projekt_s13
12-11-2006, 02:30 AM
or you can be like me and leave them up, come to think about it i wanna fix mine too. lol funny thing is that only one of mine functions correctly, the other just stays up. my car looks like this sometimes o_O