PDA

View Full Version : LOL anyone been on radiator.com lately?

stillmatic
12-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I was trying to get some specs for a Honda radiator so I can put it in my
KA swapped corolla w/ a chopped radiator support. I went on radiator.com and they have this automatic chat thing that asks you questions.

Well, here's how the chat went:

Chuck : What model and year Honda do you have?
You : Cibic
Chuck : What year is your Honda ?
You : 92
Chuck : Do you know the engine size?
You : 4.2liter
Chuck : OK. Would you prefer quotes on an OE certified or aftermarket radiator?
You : aftermarket
Chuck : good. The aftermarket fits and cools just like OE certified, but you'll save some cash. Do you want quotes on just the radiator -- or installation too?
You : does it have vtec?
Chuck : Your price is coming. Looks like that '92 is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our Honda techs to be 100% sure. What's your zip code and how soon would you need it?
You : like right now. how much shipped to 94015?
Chuck : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between USD 99.00 and USD 188.78. All run about 1/3 what the dealer charges. Hold on --
Chuck : Good. We deliver into Daly City every day, so we can get that part out to you as soon as you need it. Let me pull up the price here--
Chuck : I could sell this to you but the '92 was a little tricky. Your best bet is speaking to Hank, our lead Honda technician (or one of his techs), - he usually figures out the right radiator the first time. He's on the phone now but I can have him call you back in a minute - what's your phone number and the area code?
You : damn that's hella
Chuck : No problem-- We've been here 20 years, and aren't satisfied till you are. If you'd like, I can put a note in our system, so if you decide to make us your last call, we'll know to beat any price you find. What's your first name?
You : 911-240-2620
Chuck : Thank you. We'll always be here whether you need a radiator or just free advice. Bye!
You :
Chuck : [Chuck has left the chat]

Jefferson
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
haha, that automatic chat thing is weak. It pissed me off so much when I was trying to get a radiator for my Cressida. Your better off calling them if you actually want any kind of help

azndummie
12-07-2006, 09:21 PM
sounds completely useless hahaha that chat was fun though i bet.

Kn1ves
12-08-2006, 01:39 AM
i just gave my friends fone # and info and its almost 1am and hes asleep. hes gonna be pissed tomorrow :D