PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy repoed cars?

shayrgob240
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
So I'm thinking about selling/buying repoed cars but I have no idea where the hell to find them. I found some sites on the net that make u pay a membership fee to see what they have but I'm worried that I'm gonna pay it and end up having a membership to a shitty website w/ only a few cars in some far off state. Can anyone here give me some input on this?

MELLO*SOS
11-20-2006, 03:24 PM
google your local auto auctions. Cars that are repo'd end up in an auction somewhere, along with theft recoveries and salvage/totals from body shops. Here in nevada there is a company, Good-buy that does what you want. It's usually "free" to go to the auctions to get a feel for what the cars sell for, but you might have to leave a $500 or so deposit when you enter. Also usually a day or two before the auction they'll let you go in and inspect the cars that are going to be auctioned.

Honestly I think you're probably going to find a lot of junk and have a hard time reselling any of the cars. Most will have salvage title and/or require extensive work... The ones that do run are probably older 80s and early 90s trash, but you might get lucky and find a few parts cars. You're probably not the only one wanting to do this in your area so you will have competition for the newer running vehicles.

Gnnr
11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I was at a repo dealer a month ago, and I saw him using this website:

http://www.manheim.com/

It was actually very good. It list all the cars, most of them with photo, and has detailed information about any little possible scratches it may have. Seems good to me if you're getting into that business. Does require membership and I believe auction license or something.

Farzam
11-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Go to a dealership auction.

Back in 04, I saw an 03 WRX wagon with barely any miles sell for $13k.

95 GSR 4 door with shitty paint for $1200.

Auto chuki 240sx for $800. Looked to be in good condition.

I've bought 90% of my cars at em. All are fine except little things, if anything.

HyperTek
11-22-2006, 03:58 PM
local tuner shop out here buys 240sx and rx7s from auctions, slaps bodykits, sportmax wheels, and sells em for $5-10k lol

LB.Motoring
11-22-2006, 04:25 PM
cough Proto cough:::

usdm180sx
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
proto motoring....cough...bend over....cough

swiftdrift
11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
haha u guys r right about cough proto cough! where the hell did they move n e ways? they tryin to find new ppl to butt rape with prices?? they sold my buddy a set of sport max wheels for $1000..... SPORT MAX'S!!!... WTF!!??!! if i woulda known, i woulda never let it happen. but ya, they sure are butt rapers!

180sExy
11-25-2006, 07:00 PM
lol i love Proto!! Man they are great! lolz yeah right. i asked them to do my sr swap an that fool had the nerve to quote me $6,000 i was like whoa! thank you but no thank you!

SochBAT
11-26-2006, 04:46 PM
"Yea, its ready for anythin you'd want. drifting, auto, touge, or streets. Yea, i'll throw in those wheels too, for cheap. How does 3k (arm and leg) sound, for everything?"

Then i looked at the spare wheel well without the cover, and BentCity.

"Thats cool!"

180sExy
12-04-2006, 07:09 PM
its all about JDM autohaus in san bernardino