PDA

View Full Version : How much would you say this is worth? (car)

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok so im about to start selling TVR's and titling them in the US but im not sure what to price them at, I have an idea but just want to get some opinions on what you think a good price would be. Photos of the TVR Sagaris can be seen below as well as specs.

Engine

Displacement: 3996cc

All-aluminium TVR Speed Six straight six engine with 4 valves per cylinder and double overhead camshafts

Direct overhead cams actuating valves via finger followers

Forged aluminium pistons and forged steel con rods

Individual port throttles on tuned inlet tracts with multipoint fuel injection

Fully mapped ignition and injection system with adaptive Lambda control

Dry sump lubrication system with oil cooler.

Double close-coupled 3-way catalytic converters

Tuned length stainless steel exhaust system

Max power: 380 bhp @ 7,000–7,500rpm

Max torque: 349ft.lbs @ 5,000 rpm

Max rpm: 7,800rpm

Top speed: +160 mph

0 to 60 mph: 3.7 secs

0 to 100 mph: 8.1 secs

http://www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr/images/05Sagaris.jpg
http://www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr/images/05Sagaris2.jpg
http://www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr/images/05Sagaris3.jpg
http://www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr/images/05Sagaris4.jpg

wootwoot
11-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I would price them as low as possible to compete with Corvettes and things of the like. From watching TopGear I do not have a very good oppinon of those things.. Sound and look mighty mean though! The power numbers dont sound as good considering how much it weighs. In England that model goes 29 thousand pounds I think? so if you sell it here for 55-60 it will be a steal.

RiversideS13
11-09-2006, 04:59 PM
is that street legal? Are you able to provide warranty and customer service?

cannot you just find out how much do they sell in europe and convert the price along with ratio with other cars such as m3 or 911 turbo?

sw20>>s14
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
find out how much john travolta pays for all of his and knock off a few grand...i wouldnt expect too much revenue from these...demand is way low and a lot of people dont even know what TVRs are...brit cars dont do well stateside (with the minor exception of the elise)...

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 05:12 PM
lol they go for 50-60k pounds in uk not 29

find out how much john travolta pays for all of his and knock off a few grand...i wouldnt expect too much revenue from these...demand is way low and a lot of people dont even know what TVRs are...brit cars dont do well stateside (with the minor exception of the elise)...

i was wondering if he kept the one he had in swordfish, ill have to do some reaserch on that, thats only one i know of thats in the states.

ThatGuy
11-09-2006, 05:17 PM
So your are asking people who drive 240's how much they would pay for a supposed $100,000+ car? Excuse me, but...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please continue now.

Edit: Zilvia doesn't allow me to use any more smilies to express my level of joy with this question!

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
So your are asking people who drive 240's how much they would pay for a supposed $100,000+ car? Excuse me, but...

Please continue now.
LOL i worded it wrong i meant what do you think it would be worth!!! =)

Yuri
11-09-2006, 05:41 PM
I <3 TVRs.

For a street legal Sagaris, I feel the perfect price would be my 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, $10, and a ham and cheese sandwich.
If you are interested in making this trade, please pm me, so I have time to make the sandwich.

In all actuality, I think it would be great if the Sagaris could be priced to compete with the Exige and Cayman S.

sw20>>s14
11-09-2006, 05:44 PM

so hypnotizing...been staring at it for like the last 15 minutes a work...

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
I <3 TVRs.

For a street legal Sagaris, I feel the perfect price would be my 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, $10, and a ham and cheese sandwich.
If you are interested in making this trade, please pm me, so I have time to make the sandwich.

In all actuality, I think it would be great if the Sagaris could be priced to compete with the Exige and Cayman S.
not possible, they are over 80g for a used one in the UK, exige new is 50g

Yuri
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh.
In that case, charge whatever you want, I'll get an Exige instead.:keke:

My only question is why are you asking this question to a bunch of people with 15 year old entry level japanese sports cars?
We lowball each other over used wheels........

wootwoot
11-09-2006, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTjkhyevpLA

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
ty wootwoot i now need a new pair of shorts =P LOL

EndLeSS8
11-09-2006, 08:15 PM
It's worth more than your S15 :D

But on a serious note, that's my favorite "realistic to buy" car

Price it the same as a Carerra 4S, which is about 80ish, I believe (I could be wrong on this)

The reason why I say that is because people buy horsepower numbers, most people don't know much more, so as long as the car has a high hp number, looks cool, is rare, people will buy it up.

CUSTEL
11-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Cost is more then 80k from the dealer in the UK

koukidough
11-10-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm pretty sure its fast but nothing to be proud of. I wouldnt pay more than 25k for that thing, 35k will get me an Ariel Atom. Plus the interior is cheap and also your elbow would have to be at a 90 degree angle just to shift. If it costs over 70k I'd think people here would rather get the new upcoming GT-R. :naughty:

!Zar!
11-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Cheap interior? Try the new lambos. They start falling apart after a few months.
I say $80k is a good price. Almost a steal for what it is.

wootwoot
11-10-2006, 09:29 AM
^^^they are VW and all....I'm going to to get a new Jetta and brag to people how it has half a Lamborghini motor in it.

CUSTEL
11-10-2006, 11:02 AM
yeah seems like all vdubs fall apart, i use to work on bentleys a couple months ago and yeah biggest POS ive ever driven IMHO.