PDA

View Full Version : Anime Convention

bardabe
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah the one coming up in January, being held at Anaheim.. anyone going? I go every year since they brought it ot teh US.. but yeah the buddy that use to go with me kinda passed. so I got noone to go with. anyone going? or wanna meet up or something? its pretty fun if you like that dorta stuff.

gun
11-07-2006, 11:29 AM
ill be there......to throw feces at the people attending.

im kidding, im kidding...

HyperTek
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
when and where?? i watch very little anime imo.. only naruto and bleach right now.. otherwise i dont know too much.

ha i bet u goin for the hentai!

PBucch
11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Will there be JDM babes?

bardabe
11-07-2006, 01:32 PM
ha ha yeah there is alot of JDM girls, staff specially, too bad they gotta go back home to JDM land :fawk2:. however there is some hotties but hard to find. no im not going for the hentai. its mostly to interact with other nerds, spend my money in things that I see that are interesting. and have some fun, they show alot of upcoming movies and hard to find DVD's (hentai :keke: ) lol jk. but yeah its pretty fun just a good way to kill some time and have a little fun. kinda like a car meet but for nerdy anime ppl. im not extremly into it but i am really intrested in it so I like going. so whoever is up to go lets plan something out. IM sure we can pull some JDM girls if we take our cars. its indoor parking, nothing but Nerds so no worries on getting jacked or harrased by cops... its JDM land... for MOvies and books. most of them will think where Intial D ppl. and since hardly anyone has a car. hah makes me look kinda cool. =P

ManoNegra
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Hmmm... been into Anime for ages but never gone to any convention. Ottakus are a scary breed of nerd.

speedstar01
11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Hmmm... been into Anime for ages but never gone to any convention. Ottakus are a scary breed of nerd.

tru dat,hehehe whats that anime thats all about "Ottakus?" i cant recall...
anyway i like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, oh and Evangelion...ahh that takes me back:hs:

bardabe
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
DBZ Die Hard Fan, As well as ghost in the shell, Raoruni Kenshin, Naruto, and Gundam Wing, oldschool anime.

sw20>>s14
11-07-2006, 06:28 PM
ill go...

but ill need to get my virginity back to fit in =)

bardabe
11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
ill go...

so are oyu making fun of me? :fawk2: im still 17 so wooho!

180sExy
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
ill go...

holy shit that was funny!!!!!lolz!!!!

gun
11-07-2006, 11:48 PM
i work at borders and those anime type folk are the biggest assholes ever. period.

Edgar
11-08-2006, 12:55 AM
with all due respect thats a nerd convention

wickdmarz
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
ya been to one about 5 years ago and never went back. Not only is it creepy but there is way too much stuff to waste money on. I also HATE NARUTO... I wouldn't be able to stand going right now and seeing all that crap. Never seen the anime never will. BELIEVE IT!

1Via!
11-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Anime is cool and all that. But stuff like this is a bit scary. Well, at least the people who go to these can be.

My favorite compliment was from a kid i know who said that I "look like Spike Speigle with glasses."

I need to grow my hair out again.

S14DB
11-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Some of those cos-play chicks are hot.

Then you find out their 16 and their dad is picking them up in an hour. So, you go buy the Vinyls to complete you collection and go back to shopping online never to have to brave the putrid smell of nerd sweat again.

speedstar01
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

Then you find out their 16 and their dad is picking them up in an hour. So, you go buy the Vinyls to complete you collection and go back to shopping online never to have to brave the putrid smell of nerd sweat again.

:keke: LOL:keke:

+1 to hot cosplay chicks (the legal ones of course)

ManoNegra
11-08-2006, 09:25 AM
DBZ Die Hard Fan, As well as ghost in the shell, Raoruni Kenshin, Naruto, and Gundam Wing, oldschool anime.

Old school? Hardly. Try Mazinger Z (og mecha anime), Kimba, Speed Racer. Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Astro Boy or Starblazers. lol.... damn, I just dated myself.

marz - I'm into Naruto but I started from the very beginning. I can see how due to all the hype and fanboys that exist for it now I would loath it aswell. Patiently waiting for the fillers to end.

And who buys Anime anyways? That what the interweb is for.

bardabe
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM

ha ha I'm 17 and Im sure I can persuade them to not call their dad. ;] no jail bate for me. and usually I just get rare hard to find shit. not typical shit Ul;d see everywhere.

with all due respect thats a nerd convention
Yes I am a nerd BELIEVE IT!

Old school? Hardly. Try Mazinger Z (og mecha anime), Kimba, Speed Racer. Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Astro Boy or Starblazers. lol.... damn, I just dated myself.
yeah I watched all of those. I still got some of my oldschool Mazinger Z toys, and Transformer ones as well. Optimus Prime was the shit. astroboy I thought was pretty gay but rott my brain with it anyways. Megaman is still friggin sweet.

Wykydtron
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I've never been to one, if one ever comes to the Northwest... I may attend... Cosplay = O_O wtf!?

This is the best of the otaku:

http://francescadani.com/cosplay/prettycure/8.jpg

exitspeed
11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Hmmmm, 19 posts and still no picks of hot Anime Booth Babes?

:lockd: :lockd:

bardabe
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Hmmmm, 19 posts and still no picks of hot Anime Booth Babes?

:lockd: :lockd:
dude I started this thread to ask who is going, or who woudl like to attend and if theyw anna meet up not to post slutty/ hot pics of JDM girls dressed up as Sailor moon or something. :fawkd: :fawkd: :fawkd:

ManoNegra
11-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Wait a minute exitspeed, I thought you were married? I'm telling...

speedstar01
11-09-2006, 05:59 AM
hahaha i love this thread no matter how misguided it has become from it original purpose in the first place :(

id prolly go with ya kid, just because ive been to one before and it looks semi interesting...but im in NY :(

ManoNegra
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
bardabe - You got a Mazinger Z robot! :yum:

efextasy
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
I always wanted 2 go 2 the convention but never gone 2 one. There's only a couple of animes I watch my favorite 1 is Hellsing and movie has 2 be Akira. Ill prolly be down 2 go there with u pick up some hot asian girls yumm.... nothing but the tightest from japan for me pleaze

bardabe
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
bardabe - You got a Mazinger Z robot! heh sure do.

I always wanted 2 go 2 the convention but never gone 2 one. There's only a couple of animes I watch my favorite 1 is Hellsing and movie has 2 be Akira. Ill prolly be down 2 go there with u pick up some hot asian girls yumm.... nothing but the tightest from japan for me pleaze

Agreed!

bardabe
11-11-2006, 10:06 PM
sooo uhhh anyone???

theicecreamdan
11-11-2006, 10:25 PM
disclaimer... dont read this thread drunk

chuonthis
11-13-2006, 05:59 PM
bardabe, what convention are you talking about? AnimeExpo isn't until July and it's back at Long Beach this year. Anime LA is the only thing I can find in January but it's in umm...LA.

Wykydtron
11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
sooo uhhh anyone???

Fly me down to SoCal, PM PM PM! :drama:

Sorry this post can't be more interesting. If I had the opportunity I'd attend. Live Sockets was at the last one!