PDA

View Full Version : Drifting on CSI Miami

gun
11-05-2006, 02:27 PM
So about a week ago, i saw the commercial for the new season of CSI Miami, and in the commercial i saw the Falken drift cars and some drifting. in the TV guide it says the episode on mon night is called "High Octane". it is the drifting episode, so i mjust givin a heads up to anybody that wants to watch.

episode time: 9:00 pm PST ch. 13-CBS

EJ253
11-05-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks for the info! ill be watching that

koukikat180sx
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah!!! thanks for the info! my car is in it!!! i was wondering when it was going to air! :D

lucky7
11-05-2006, 03:47 PM
reg CSI > CSI miami > CSI NY. i only bother with the original. grissom is ftmfw.

drifter808
11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
im not a fan of csi miami but all the other ones are better. to bad im working monday night.

LB.Motoring
11-05-2006, 04:15 PM
wow

drifting, and crime solving... what next...

FAIL

http://digitalretrograde.com/Photos/csi_gay.jpg

redsuns3838
11-05-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah i tried to get my car in that one. but i guess the casting dir. decided its not bling bling JDM tyt enuff =(

anyone know what time CSI airs in CA? maybe ill go over to my gfs house to watch it since i dont have a cable jack in my room.

HyperTek
11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
i wonder if they consulted the viceroy experts for this. thehehe

LB.Motoring
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
the crime could be missing old japanese guy, who killed him? how did they drift away, testing the sceme for tire brand and angle...

HyperTek
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
"hmm these skid marks clearly show it was no honda,but why is thier 2 marks? what kind of car could do this?" *insert clueless people here*

haha sorry i never watched the show

HalveBlue
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Drifting and CSI?!

Those producers are really reaching, aren't they?

"Let's use our reverse, flux-LASER, micrometer, spectral analysis, inversion tool to see where these paint marks came from."

2 seconds pass

"Flat black paint!"

"Zilvians!" (gasp)

qt_240
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
lol^ .. yea im gonna watch this.. anything that has to do with cars period .. is worth watching to me..

MiniBoomer
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
there looking for the new trend for there show to get more viewers, nothing different than what any other show does. they did one with what i believe was the Alpine civic demo car and that gay ass red Wings West civic a while ago on the original CSI.

A Spec Products
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
my car was also supposed to be in it

oh well

a bunch of aspec cars and affiliated cars are in it

all de-decaled tho, for some reason they wanted all cars blank no graphics

koukikat180sx
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
yea tell me about it... i pulled off about $200+ worth of stickers just so i could get my car in it... -__-' thank god my sponsors didn't mind. heehee... :P

reaxion
11-05-2006, 11:42 PM
orig. CSI > Miami + NY

Ill be setting my TiVo though for this particular CSI:miami.

ALTRNTV
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
CSI on SpikeTV is always on. I love it. Grissom FTW

A Spec Products
11-06-2006, 02:24 AM
yea tell me about it... i pulled off about $200+ worth of stickers just so i could get my car in it... -__-' thank god my sponsors didn't mind. heehee... :P

yeah, but gave us an excuse to redo our graphics scheme on both cars just in time for super street time attack

i still need to watch fast and furious 3

SiI40sx
11-06-2006, 02:26 AM
apparently you can watch full episodes right off their site for anyone who misses the showing

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/

FaLKoN240
11-06-2006, 02:44 AM
What day is this? lol.

SiI40sx
11-06-2006, 02:53 AM
tomorrow homeslice well today since its past 12am

koukikat180sx
11-06-2006, 09:17 AM
yeah, but gave us an excuse to redo our graphics scheme on both cars just in time for super street time attack

i still need to watch fast and furious 3

oo then its all good. :] all my graphics are going on the same. haha i have no imagination. Haha, i've been thinking of doing a graphic scheme, i just really don't know what to do. plus since i'm dropping an sr in my car, i'm not even sure if i want to now. plus it's going to be hell driving it to the track. its not like it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. haha... besides... its not like i'm ready for pro competition anyway. i'm really far from it. haha. i just need my graphics on before itdv3.

ahah you still havent seen fast and the furious 3? neither have i. :P

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 09:22 AM
wait? so everyone crys when FF3 comes out, and now we all wanna watch a bannwagon jumping tv series that will try any last idea to get ratings?

95Blue240sx
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I like CSI no matter which. I'll try and catch the episode if not torrent it is! Thanks for the info. I dont care how badwagon it is....entertainment.

Gnnr
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I'll look for the torrent when it comes out since it seems some of you guys are in it....

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 11:21 AM

apparently you can watch full episodes right off their site for anyone who misses the showing

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/

SiI40sx
11-06-2006, 11:46 AM
^^^^ Screw U For Not Quoting Me Dammit!

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
the dots indicate its been there...

haha okkkkkkk

everyone HAIL THE GREAT CEASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is the man -|- 1 obviously :keke:

w.e be online tonight so i can own you. =}

axiomatik
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
CSI is the lose :down:. It should be on saturday mornings cuz it is written for children.

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
hahahaha niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(anyone see the southpark recenlty?)

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

slammedS14
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
that episode just plain sucked...knowing exactly what tire that was from the little bit of tread. almost every damn "drag slick"....looks the same.

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
lol, i predicted the show....

DRIFTER-M
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
lol, i predicted the show....
Don't you mean, the "sideshow"? HAHA.
I didn't like the episode much for how they portrayed the sport, but we are talking from an atleast somewhat biased opinion. We see inconsistancys the average person won't know.
Like the hydraulics on the eclipse which could amazingly drift and produce rear tire smoke. Even if it was suppose to be the AWD eclipse, they made it seem RWDish.
And of course the jet fuel...
And the hoosier tires for drifting, because who doesn't use hoosier for drifting?
And the whole "drifting is making your front wheels go in the opposite direction of the way you are sliding" which is somewhat true, but not typically how we would view it.
Anyway, not horrible because CSI is always amusing, but not the best episode ever because they didn't portray drifting as well as we would like.

95Blue240sx
11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
gahhh, watching it now. I like the CSI of the pic posted on page one. I concur miami sucks. "Side shows" wtf? its not Oakland. Still watching though.

downshift_sideways
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
can someone directly link me to the show? "high octane"

HalveBlue
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't about y'all but I loved this episode!

The Chamillionaire song at the end sealed the deal for me.

"They see me rollin'...They hatin'...patrolin'...and tryna catch me ridin' dirty..."

Doriftotastic!

projekt_s13
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
its on at 10pm on abc, i guess il check it out

*EDIT* I don't about y'all but I loved this episode!

The Chamillionaire song at the end sealed the deal for me.

"They see me rollin'...They hatin'...patrolin'...and tryna catch me ridin' dirty..."

Doriftotastic!
haha il look for that

DRIFTER-M
11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
can someone directly link me to the show? "high octane"

I don't think it is on the CBS website yet. It will probably take a few days if it even gets up at all.
I will keep an eye out though :)

HyperTek
11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
haha watching right now.. hoosier and eclipse.. hahah def. not socal style heheh

TiNMAN
11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
silver 97/98....anyone else spot it?

LB.Motoring
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
gay, turned it off after I saw that ricery FF1 style eclipse drift.

SiI40sx
11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
not only that but theyre fuckin HORRIBLE actors, and did you guys get a glimpse of that automatic shifter!??!?! on the eclipse!!! wowww

HyperTek
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
dam note to self, sell car in valenzuela

oh well.. show was entertaining.. wasnt really about drifting so all you fan boys can sleep in peace lol
dumb kid with eclipse likes to drive while in cruise and steer with his feet, his girlfriend sets up his accident lol

projekt_s13
11-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Yea i saw it.

FaLKoN240
11-07-2006, 12:08 AM
That was the worst "import themed" episode of television I've ever witnessed in my life.

DriftSpecial180
11-07-2006, 12:36 AM
I can't stand the head investigator

"Well i guess the race is on..."

Spotted:
White S13 with body kit (in the airplane hangar)
Silver S14 Kouki
Yellowish S13
White AE86 coupe, i liked it ... the coupe, not the episode

!Zar!
11-07-2006, 12:41 AM
That episode was filled with fail and buttsex.

They were tossing out words and scenarios expecting it to piece together.

Drifting automatic hoosier cruise controlling dsm. WTF

And even IF the car had been set off with a radio frequency, the car would need a receiver. Not a transmitter.

Jet fuel runs six feet below my house? Hot damn. who needs 76!

Why was that one red head dude always holding his head crooked? Then posing like he was a hero!?

And side show? They know nothing about the side shows. You can't go dumb at a side show unless there are scrapers.

But on a serious note, it is possible and has been done with tracking down a particular car through tire marks.

And that whole selling racing tires to kids reminded me of what happened on here between a vendor and a potential user.

redsuns3838
11-07-2006, 01:20 AM
man i never realized CSI miami had such bad actors...
head investigator was the worst of all...sad...haha

ok so the show was retarded and predictable yes, and it probly gave our cars a bad light, but import cars always get a bad light so its no big deal, im actually glad it was more about sideshows, than if they were talking about drifting itself...

basically just tryin to say it coulda been worse.

projekt_s13
11-07-2006, 01:27 AM
....snip*......
Spotted:
White S13 with body kit (in the airplane hangar)

When i saw that one it reminded me of AkademikONE's car, its had that slit on the top of the bumper and it was white.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3814/img222rn5.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8460/img238or2.jpg

S14DB
11-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Jet fuel is like highly refined diesel. Won't work in a gasoline engine.

CBS synopsis:
The street party is pumping as souped-up hotrods burn tires pulling tight circles across the asphalt. Their engines roar as the cars line up to perform stunt runs down the crowd-lined street. A young male lifts his upper body out of his sunroof as he prepares to drive his car at top speed using only his feet for steering. His stunt draws gasps and cheers from the crowd as his vehicle speeds beneath the festive cables of lights stretched above the street. The driver clears the cables easily until the last one, when something goes horribly wrong. He doesn't have time to react as the wire slices through his flesh, decapitating him instantly. The car continues for a moment before spinning to a halt. The cheers turn to screams as the crowd scatters.

Ryan Wolfe leans over the head found by the roadside. Eric Delko is photographing the headless corpse fifteen feet away. How did the head get so far from the body? Horatio looks to the cable lights for an answer. There are broken bulbs and signs of blood on one of the cables. Delko tells Horatio that a 911 caller had tipped off the police about a sideshow going on along this road, where young kids had been racing tricked-out cars and doing stunts. Horatio looks back at the cables. He suspects this was no accident, and now it's up to the evidence to prove it.

Delko and Wolfe process the scene when a cameraman turns up asking to film them. The mayor's office has decided the CSIs need some public relations treatment, so Mike Doyle has been approved to film the CSIs in action. Delko is unimpressed, but Horatio had warned him this might happen. Delko refuses to let him film the scene though and sends him away.
Back in the lab, Alexx runs through the vic's injuries as Horatio observes. The neck wound is a clean cut, likely due to the cable slicing through the flesh at a high rate of speed. A tire tread imprint on the vic's arm appears to have occurred post-mortem. Horatio assigns Natalia to take impressions of the unusual tread. After she processes the imprint, Ryan checks in for an update. It turns out Ryan is going to have a documentary film crew following him for the week and Natalia asks if her work is film-worthy. She reports the racing tire is extremely unusual and is only sold at one store in town, Tread On Me. Ryan heads out to speak with the store owner, Walter Phillips. He has a client who buys the exact tires every couple of weeks. The customer's name is Dex Gilman, the headless vic; however, Phillips adds, a woman by the name of Brynn Roberts picked up the tab for the tires every time.

Following the new lead, Calleigh sits down with Brynn Roberts, who is less than sympathetic about the situation with Dex. It turns out she is the organizer of the sideshows and she has big plans for the "sport." Her cell phone keeps buzzing throughout their interview, and Brynn is stressed when she is asked to ignore the calls. She admits to having the events recorded so that she can attract more investors. When Calleigh asks to view the footage from the morning's event, Brynn says sure, just as soon as Calleigh shows her a warrant.

Delko pulls rank and sends Ryan to run DNA and trace, while he FUMES the beer bottles for fingerprints. Delko finds an identical fingerprint on every bottle, meaning the same guy must have passed them all out. Delko runs the print through AFIS and finds a match: Evan Dunlar, an intern at Lasgrove Electronics. When Delko questions Evan, he admits he was at the sideshow helping out by handing out beers. He's an electronics geek, so he just wanted to be a part of the cool crowd. Horatio asks him if he knew the vic, Dex Gilman. Evan admired Dex; he was one of the best "pedal freaks" on the sideshow circuit. The night Dex was killed, everyone scattered faster than normal because they heard the police sirens. Evan was surprised the police had already found out where the sideshow was, since normally they take longer to bust the event. So who had called the police? Horatio asks Frank to trace the 911 caller. The call came from Evan Dunlar's father, Steve. He tells Horatio that he overheard his son talking about the sideshow and was worried for his safety, so he called in the event's location. He was just trying to be a good citizen.
alleigh and Dan go over recovered cell phone video footage of the sideshow. The cables are all the same height over the road, yet somehow the last cable connected with the vic's head. "Hydraulics," Calleigh surmises. Dan replays the footage, measuring the distance between the road and the car's bumper. Early in the stunt run, the car cleared the road by six inches, yet by the last cable the car's bumper was raised to 17 inches. Calleigh brings Brynn back in for some hard questions. Brynn claims the hydraulics were Dex's idea and that she had nothing to do with the accident. Again, Brynn's phone keeps buzzing as she talks. Calleigh picks it up and reads the text message on the screen. It is another sideshow location. Horatio and Delko head to the location in search of the other elusive racers.

At the scene Horatio finds Dex's car being driven by another driver, Luke Baylor. Luke claims to be Dex's friend. When Horatio asks him about Dex's arm wound, Luke admits to running over Dex's arm when he fled the scene in Dex's car. Horatio has Luke arrested, but his gut tells him that something more is going on at the sideshows. Frank reports that after checking numerous VIN numbers, he has already found six stolen vehicles. It turns out these cars are hot for reasons other than their souped up engines. Horatio asks Natalia to process Dex's car with a fine toothed comb. She takes swabs of the blood and other trace evidence remaining in the car. Ryan joins her, inspecting the car's hydraulics. He finds evidence of a remote control device. Horatio mentioned that Evan Dunlar, the beer bottle kid, had been into electronics and remote controls. Ryan thinks it's worth a trip to talk to him again.

As Delko and Ryan approach the house they narrowly miss being rundown by a car crashing through the Dunlar's garage door. Diving for cover, the CSIs avoid the vehicle as it flashes past them before crashing further down the street. Evan is at the wheel, injured from the impact. Delko and Ryan help him out of the burning wreck and wait for backup. As Evan is being attended to, Delko notices the fuel smell in the car. It isn't gas. Somehow Evan got his hands on jet fuel for his car.
Acting on a hunch, Ryan traces the high pressure fuel delivery lines used by companies to transport the jet fuel to their clients and airports. He and Calleigh walk the pipeline route until they find an exposed fuel line in the backyard of a house having a pool put in. The pipeline has a temporary pump attached to it. Ryan spots what looks to be blood trace on the pump wheel and he takes a few swabs. The home owner tells Calleigh that her contractor is Steve Dunlar, Evan Dunlar's father. Horatio brings him in for questioning, but Steve isn't talking. He tries to throw suspicion back on his son, but Horatio isn't buying it. He sends Ryan back into the lab to search for trace evidence on the pump's wheel.

Meanwhile Delko takes apart the remote transmitter in Dex Gilman's car. He asks Ryan to dial a particular number, and as he does so, the hydraulics activate. The killer used a cell phone to activate the mechanism. They trace the last number received by Dex's phone. The number belongs to Brynn Roberts. She called Dex's cell phone to activate the hydraulics lift as he was driving. Once faced with the evidence Brynn admits she set off the hydraulics hoping to induce an accident, but not to kill Dex. She wanted to use the accident as a marketing tool, but she didn't mean for it to happen like it did. It was a marketing stunt. "It's a human life," Calleigh reminds her sharply.
The results for the blood trace on the pump wheel come back. The DNA is a match to Dex Gilman, the headless driver. How can blood from a dead man get on the pipeline? Ryan remembers Luke Baylor had taken Dex's car after the accident. Maybe he transferred the blood? Frank and Horatio pose the tough questions but Luke calmly denies all of their accusations. Luke admits to knowing Steve Dunlar's son, Evan, but denies any knowledge of the jet fuel pipeline. They have to let him go, but Luke is not getting away so easy. Horatio and his team follow Luke to his stash of stolen cars. Luke is busted, and gives up Steve Dunlar as his partner. Horatio can guess where Dunlar is, and they head out to the tarmac where a cargo plane is fuelled up and ready to leave for Venezuela with a full inventory of stolen vehicles. Horatio knows Dunlar called 911 to report the sideshow in order to divert attention that same morning, hoping the police would be too busy chasing the hotrod cars to bother with him. It had worked, until the CSIs figured it out. He's going to jail.

HyperTek
11-07-2006, 01:43 AM
i can imagine some stupidass in a automatic eclipse would drive like that lol.
the only best part of the show was the hot stupid girl lol..

they where gonna ship naoki's m30, and taka aono got caught drifting lol

95Blue240sx
11-07-2006, 10:54 AM
man i never realized CSI miami had such bad actors...
head investigator was the worst of all...sad...haha

TRUTH! Goddamn they sucked.

It was a nice M30 they had almost on the plane.

gun
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
lol the red headed guy is so hardcore, i wonder how bad his neck hurts after shooting those episodes....i wish i was that cool.

LB.Motoring
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
once again another attempt, but fail. Im sure just like everyother person thought it was real. Everytime I watch a "investigative solve bs show" i allways see where they just make up shit... this time its obvious for us.. many other times it slips by the average person, Ill keep watching these lames shows and get laughs for their "super technical" ways of solving crimes... LOL, its all the same, like McGaiver hahaha, somehow he can run from a whole gang of people, while jumping off a building top, into a truck, in which he hotwires it with a peice of gum and a paperclip, then drives through the crazy protected base, the end. :keke:

koukikat180sx
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM

i saw it.

see mine? :D

DRIFTER-M
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I saw yours. I am suprised only a few cars have been spotted, I spotted several 240's including the goldish one, white one, among others. Some 86's and rx-7's too.
And if you look close at the beggining, Alex Pfeiffer is driving the RX-7, so atleast they had real drivers do their thing!

Star.Engineering
11-07-2006, 05:19 PM
"Hot Rods" wow i cant find this online, but then again im a HUGE n00b
but from what u guys are sayin this is junk not even worth the time.

Gnnr
11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Wow, that was total crap. Yes, the head investigator is hilarious trying to be a badass with a deep voice and awkward head poses. Best part was definitely the Chamillionare song part, haha.

95Blue240sx
11-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I was looking for your car koukikat, but didnt see it. I didnt catch the beginning so maybe thats why I missed it.

projekt_s13
11-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Yea i think the only time i saw it was in the beginning, when they were at the "Sideshow"

vvtisupra
11-08-2006, 12:39 AM
STOP SELLING HOOSIERS TO KIDS

I didn't kill him!

YAH BUT YOU DIDN'T CARE EITHER

woah buddy next thing you know you're going to have to be 21 years old and show a form of ID to buy tires.

Reminds me of that guy that was calling Aspec a hypocrite for selling "Racing parts" and discouraging people to go to the "mountains" BAHAHAHAHAH

Anyways drugs,cigarrettes, beer and doing doughnuts in a parking lot.... I bet thats everyones 6am activity these days.

koukikat180sx
11-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I was looking for your car koukikat, but didnt see it. I didnt catch the beginning so maybe thats why I missed it.

it was at the beginning. haha after the dude's head got chopped off when everyone was leaving. :P

FaLKoN240
11-08-2006, 12:39 PM
STOP SELLING HOOSIERS TO KIDS

I didn't kill him!

YAH BUT YOU DIDN'T CARE EITHER

woah buddy next thing you know you're going to have to be 21 years old and show a form of ID to buy tires.

Reminds me of that guy that was calling Aspec a hypocrite for selling "Racing parts" and discouraging people to go to the "mountains" BAHAHAHAHAH

Anyways drugs,cigarrettes, beer and doing doughnuts in a parking lot.... I bet thats everyones 6am activity these days.

My friend's and I hella said that after that dude accused him of "killing" people. How would the retailer know that the kid is being an idiot, and NOT going to the track. Stupid middle America mindset right there. That episode reminds me of that stupid pants commercial.