PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a case?

sil80dreamer
11-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I bought my 240 with the front end hit. I bought it cross country so all i saw was pictures. The guy told me all i would need is a need radiator and radiator support, since he threw in another bumper,hood, and passenger fender. Before i bought it i specifically asked him if the frame was straight. He told me yes. I bought it and had it shipped to me. My uncle was going to weld my new support in for me, and he looked under the car and told me that the frame was pushed back about 4in. It cost me $1600 to get it straightened. Since the car was sold "as is", but i specifically asked the guy if the frame was bent, do you think he should have to pay? Plus i asked if the frame had any rust and he said no, but it has quit a bit in some areas. What do you guys think.

sw20>>s14
11-01-2006, 10:32 PM
youre SOL..."sold as is" has you in a nut lock...you better tap out...

OptionZero
11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
It's your own fault, you should have had it checked out professionally or otherwise. Taking him at his word AND not getting anything in writing = FAIL

ALTRNTV
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
If you didn't get anything in writing, then you're sole out of luck.

gun
11-02-2006, 12:08 AM
i feel your pain. you should've wrote something up, u have nothin to go on. now all u should do is build up that car into a psychadelic beast the will be worshipped, then you'll feel better about it being a pos when u first received it.

SiI40sx
11-02-2006, 12:13 AM
You guys basically have a verbal agreement aka meeting of the minds, which is pretty hard to use in a small claims court due to its flexibility, not only that it would cause you to much time and hassle and you would have to sue him in his state since thats where the car was located and sold. This is basically a "learned it the hard way" bitch ass life situations, sorry you got fucked

sil80dreamer
11-04-2006, 01:31 PM
i was just curious since i saw a ebay case on one of those judge shows. ive got an sr going in right now. hopefully i can drive it before it snows

wootwoot
11-04-2006, 01:52 PM
technically we do not have frames in our cars. So by that wording alone even if he admitted saying those words to the judge you'd be f'd. Words matter that much in court. A multi million dollar lawsuit was won recently because of the placement of the comma.

S14DB
11-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Used cars are sold as is Person to Person. Dealer to person depends on state law but is as is unless state law has a cooling period.

ThatGuy
11-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I think THIS (http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/leather-briefcases_1922_3958674) is the only way you'll have a case.

But good luck to you.

wootwoot
11-04-2006, 02:16 PM
is that Samsonite? They make some damn good cases.