PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006-2007 NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2

ALTRNTV
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
The new NBA season is here and I'm excited as hell.

The Heat looked just plain awful tonight.

Lakers lookin' good, even without Kobe, Mihm, and Brown playing. They're up 16 points in the 4th.

EDIT: Lakers win. ;)

BOROSUN
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
go new york
go new york go
knickerbockers.

Phlip
11-01-2006, 04:19 AM
"Go Knicks," that is funnier than all hell, you know that right?
I watched the Heat/Bulls game and fell asleep on the Lakers' Game, I will catch the highlights on SportsCenter in a few minutes

LB.Motoring
11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
as you can see most zilvia'ns dont know what a basketball looks like... :keke:

http://www.tumbleweedz.com/images/Tumbleweed_Animation.gif

Wei240
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
didn't watch the games yesterday, but there's a whole bunch starting tonight, sportscenter's gonna explode with nba stuff,
but my theory on why miami lost by that much is due to the new nba regulation ball, lol

Wei240
11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
as you can see most zilvia'ns dont know what a basketball looks like... :keke:

http://www.tumbleweedz.com/images/Tumbleweed_Animation.gif

that's the truf:

http://www.nba.com/media/newball_060628_250jd.jpg

s13poop
11-01-2006, 12:47 PM
yeh lakers did pretty good last night

the suns were on their ass the first two quarters..

gaddayum steve nash is leathal.. he can shoot 3's all day

too bad kobe didn't play #24 :keke: im still getting youst to it

good game over all :bigok:

woodchuck
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
i missed the games :(

stupid dish network reception problems.

oh well. GO CLIPS!

ALTRNTV
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd talk more basketball lingo, but I know most of you won't understand what I'm saying. :keke: I also don't feel like arguing with haters who can't prove anything, and just talk smack.

Fuck it, I'll talk ball.

I'm glad to see the poise Bynum showed last night. He was calm and collective, unlike Brown last year when he would fumble the ball, but I'm sure Brown has improved a lot.

I give my hats off to Kareem on helping Bynum develop. His post play looks reminiscent of Shaq's early Laker days. I also like how he passes out of the post, then repositions himself for a better shot at the basket, and also his post-passing.

Two thumbs up to the Lakers last night. It's a great beginning to this season, even without Kobe playing.

woodchuck
11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
^^ agree that things are looking up for the lake show - i read about it today.

...I'll talk ball

sounds good, but lets make sure this thread doesn't turn into a Lakers are this/ Lakers are that thread, there are other teams in the NBA :)

It's not a shot at you though AkademikONE, I'm sure there are alot of Lakerfans on zilv.

I wonder if the Warriors will ever turn around? Some good has to come out of the inflated salaries on that team.......

ALTRNTV
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
There's other teams out there other than the Lakers? Why wasn't I told about this... :keke:

jk

Warriors, they got some talent, but their team is pretty young. Only players they got that I think are valuable are Dunleavy, Davis, and Murphy.

BOROSUN
11-01-2006, 10:46 PM
"Go Knicks," that is funnier than all hell, you know that right?
I watched the Heat/Bulls game and fell asleep on the Lakers' Game, I will catch the highlights on SportsCenter in a few minutes

im serious, knicks is goin to make it to the playoffs this year.:drama:

ALTRNTV
11-01-2006, 10:52 PM
^
Not in the near future, or as long as Isiah Thomas is running things.

Phlip
11-02-2006, 07:08 AM
On another note, the Way Dwight Howard USED Ben Wallace last night, and with a (wow, get this shit!) actually healthy Grant Hill on the squad, the Orlando Magic appear to be a force to reckon with in the east as well.

DAMN, I love basketball season.

Edgar
11-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I live in a Miami Heat Dwyane Wade house.

ALTRNTV
11-02-2006, 06:29 PM
healthy Grant Hill on the squad,
Healthy and Grant Hill don't belong in the same sentence. :keke:

Phlip
11-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Healthy and Grant Hill don't belong in the same sentence. :keke:
Wait, you just did it too, and here, I will do it again:

"healthy Grant Hill" is metaphoric to "albino unicorn with 6 tits on its back"

fliprayzin240sx
11-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Wait, you just did it too, and here, I will do it again:

"healthy Grant Hill" is metaphoric to "albino unicorn with 6 tits on its back"

Wow, and i thought he finally gave up on making a comeback. I know the last couple of years that he actually played, he put up consistent 16ppg. Pretty good considering he hasnt played a decent amount in the last 5 yrs. Im watching the Spurs/Mavericks game, pretty good game...parkers running circles around Dallas.

I think the team to watch this year will be Chicago...Clippers can only get better, Suns will be back to top form again with Stoudamire back and Diaw/Barbosa/Bell only getting better every year.

I've always been a Rockets fan but i think Houston is gonna be a disappointment again this year. McGrady is a great player but he is so one sided. He have the skills to score but not the skills to lead or make people play off/with him.

BOROSUN
11-03-2006, 12:01 AM
did anyone watch the triple over time with da knicks vs da grizzles. i sure didn't but, maybe i can catch it on a re-run tonite. anyways richardson scored 31 pts tonite and with crawford ,starburry, frances, curry, and ....... im blanking out, if they keep shooting and keep hustlin fast transition. they might be able to pull off some W's on next few games. i know, theyre lacking on the defensive area but, who cares. i miss the old knicks, though.

think positive ;P go knicks

i just saw the new lebron commercial, that man is hilarious.

ALTRNTV
11-03-2006, 05:02 AM
I watched highlights of the Knicks game. I'm tellin' you though, as long as Isiah is running things, they won't get far.

Clippers/Mavs was exciting. Spurs/Mavs was ok, Spurs look so boring to watch.

The James commercial is pretty funny, lol.

DrtyRat
11-03-2006, 08:55 AM
im serious, knicks is goin to make it to the LOTTERY AGAIN this year.:drama:
sorry but as long as Isiah keeps thinking every move he makes has to be accquiring some has-been, me-first-attitude, superstar the knicks will continue to embarass themselves, their fans, and the organizaion.
I'm personally a Laker/Heat fan(when I started watching b-ball back in '84 there was no Heat-Showtime FTW) and I know the Heat can do it again, but I'm concerned now that the whole team is so caught up in this "regular season doesn't matter" thing that they may bury themselves for the playoffs.

Phlip
11-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I agree, the Knicks will have another shit season, Isiah will be fired, then they will set about the arduous task of rebuilding, and they'll have to do it in the draft, because rebuilding franchises don't generally get the big name free agents.
They'll probably have to find a NY Knicks old-schooler to take the bench as coach, too.

S14DB
11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
The New York Nationals are going to win this year.

bboyt3nsk
11-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Cavs! Yes, the Cavs. Im gonna go ahead a say finals for them!

BOROSUN
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
cavs win!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YsoP6bjADic

ALTRNTV
11-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Lakers 3-0.

Suns 1-3. :keke:

Jazz 3-0. :wtf:

BOROSUN
11-05-2006, 02:12 AM
aaaaagh, im dying here.

knicks 1-2

not only that, on monday, they go against the spurs.

well atleast, my main man AI is doing well as usual . 35.5ppg

my fantasy knicks team:
center: curry
PF: artest
SF: Q richardson
SG: Crawford
PG: straburry

bench second team
Center: M camby (old knick)
PF: kurt thomas (old knick)
SF: D lee
SG: S francis
PG: Robinson

extras john starks

various starting line-up:
big
c:curry
pf:thomas
sf:artest
sg:richardson
pg:crawford

fast
c: camby
pf: artest
sf: richardson
sg: crawford
pg: starburry

4 guard
c: curry
pf: richardson
sf: crawford
sg: starburry or francis
pg: robinson or starburry/francis

ALTRNTV
11-05-2006, 02:40 AM
How exactly does Fantasy basketball work? I've always been wanting to play, but am too lazy to find out how it works. lol

FRpilot
11-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Warriors, they got some talent, but their team is pretty young. Only players they got that I think are valuable are Dunleavy, Davis, and Murphy.

Been watching the first 3 games.. every seasons seems like there's a promising hope to reach the playoffs and each season fans will be dissapointed.. i was fooled too.

through the first 3 games.. the three warriors games i watched looked exactly like the warriors of the old. poor D, poor free throw shooting. clanking. doesnt look like nelie is going to change much so far. of course, J rich is still pretty rusty. he doesnt seem himself yet so maybe there's hope.

i thought nellie could change dungina into a 15/7/7 player but he still sucks just as much. i even dropped him off my fantasy team today after 3 games of suck. murphy shoots from outside and saw boozer beat him constantly. his defense sucks. even though nellie place him to run the point he still can't get a decent amount of assist and he's afraid to shoot the ball..

monta ellis looks promising and im glad they are using ike more. pietrus was doing pretty well the first 2 games. but the best thing is they sat foyle on the bench where he belongs. hopefully he'll stay there another 2 seasons till his 10M/yr contract expires. This team needs a dominant post player. somewhere along the lines of an Amare Stoudamire, boozer, KG, etc. murphy and dunleavy aint cutting it.

Lakers.. they seem like they are playing well without kobe. more team work. hopefully it continues when kobe comes back instead of everyone standing around and watching kobe. then the offense suffers.

ALTRNTV
11-05-2006, 04:54 AM
i thought nellie could change dungina into a 15/7/7 player but he still sucks just as much.
All of Nelson's team can only do one thing, SCORE. That's about it though. Just look at Dallas 3 years ago. All offense, no defense.

Lakers.. they seem like they are playing well without kobe. more team work. hopefully it continues when kobe comes back instead of everyone standing around and watching kobe. then the offense suffers.
Well, Kobe already came back last game and didn't look too bad. Odom also was the highest scorer. :bigok:

FRpilot
11-06-2006, 12:50 PM
kobe seems to be creating more.. maybe he's taking the critism to his head. (what happened last year when he refused to shoot and let his teammates falls when they needed him) maybe he'll get those assists and rbds up and take better shots instead of being a volume shooter like AI and antoine walker jacking up hella shots to get points.

hopefully kobe can be a 30/6/6 type guy. with 2 steals and 2 3pts a game. im banking on it. i need him too.. haha

ALTRNTV
11-08-2006, 02:30 PM
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3389/bynumblocksmikejamesrp9.gif

Gnnr
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm gonna have to go with my team, The Miami Heat. We're off to a rusty start, but we'll start to get hot soon.

woodchuck
11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Awwwh Yeah! going to staples tonight to see the clips vs mavs game.

Go mavs!
Go clips!

ALTRNTV
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
My Prediction:
Clippers by 7 points. Brand with 20/12/5.

ManoNegra
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Caught the end of the Clippers vs Mavs game. Wow, I guess the Clips are for real.

BOROSUN
11-17-2006, 11:39 PM
no shaq, knicks destroys heat 100-76 easily. five knicks got double digi's. Woooot!

76ers vs suns game, its been awhile i saw AI play. he's still quick ass hell in changing direction. hardest working man in the nba.

FRpilot
11-18-2006, 11:41 PM
warriors baby! haha

somehow they are winning.. but bdiddy got hurt today. bruised ribs. i hope its nothing big.

BOROSUN
12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
omg AI leaving 76ers. soon the world is goin to fucking end...

also today i quit my fucking job! baah

ManoNegra
12-11-2006, 09:27 AM
^been happening for years, guess this thime is for real.
Lakers vs Spurs last night was bananas! Great team effort shown and so glad the whole team is stepping up and not just relying on Kobe.
Next week is going to be a good barometer for where we really stand: Texas roadtrip.

Where the Clippers at?

Gnnr
12-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Damn, I'm really anxious to see who AI gets traded to. :D

ManoNegra
12-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Minnesota appears to be the front runner. If that's the case, damn! The west would get even tougher.
Heard the Clippers mentioned aswell.

Gnnr
12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Whoah, what happend with the Knicks and Nuggets, I'm just now hearing about this. :D

ESPN NBA Fastbreak Report on Knicks/Nuggets Brawl
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9079845155332174375&q=nuggets+knicks&hl=en

Knicks/Nuggets Brawl
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=804383066647406887&q=nuggets+knicks&hl=en

BOROSUN
12-20-2006, 12:10 AM
its official AI is goin to the denver nuggets.

well my knicks is well known to have big brawls so, im not shocked about it.

Gnnr
12-20-2006, 11:07 AM
From: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501
Iverson won't be able to play with his former teammate from the 2004 U.S. Olympic squad until Anthony is reinstated for a Jan. 20 game at Houston.

"We think they're going to be a dynamic duo together and take this franchise to new heights," Chapman said of Iverson and Anthony.

Anthony and Iverson are currently the top two scorers in the league at 31.6 and 31.2 points per game, respectively. No two teammates have ever finished a season with both having averages over 30 points per game. Only twice have teammates finished 1-2 in the league scoring race, and the last time that happened was with the Nuggets. In the 1982-83 season, Alex English and Kiki Vandeweghe were 1-2. The 1954-55 Warriors had Neil Johnston at No. 1 and Paul Arizin at 2.

Its going to get real interesting after Jan. 20th. :)

Wei240
12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
with melo and couple more nugget players out, AI should be scoring like 50pts a game during this 15 game stretch...

let's see what coach karl has on his playbook for offense..
opens playbook
picture of AI

ALTRNTV
12-20-2006, 03:01 PM
let's see what coach karl has on his playbook for offense..
opens playbook
picture of AI
Hahahaha...

Coach: We have the ball and are down 2 with 3.5 seconds to go. What do you do?
Boykins: Look for the open man and shoot the 3 to win it.
Coach: *slaps Boykins* Sit down Earl. Now what do you do?
Team: Pass to AI.

:keke:

ManoNegra
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
lol.. so true. Would have like to have seen AI in a timberwolves uniform.

woodchuck
12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Hahahaha...

Coach: We have the ball and are down 2 with 3.5 seconds to go. What do you do?
Boykins: Look for the open man and shoot the 3 to win it.
Coach: *slaps Boykins* Sit down Earl. Now what do you do?
Team: Pass to AI.

werd!

AI is really gonna cause some trouble on the nuggets.
playoff bound - maybe. 1st round elemination - we'll see.
MVP - no chance

if AI really wants to win then he needs to work things out with the nuggets cause its going to be his best chance. we need to see more of a kobe version of AI and less "me, me, me" attitude.
if AI doesn't change: he'd be better off going to portalnd or some other bottom dwelling team. yeah he'll get another scoring title on those teams, but no championship.

ever see that commercial last season (reebok i think) where he's playing pool and says "I am not a gangsta..." :keke:

Phlip
12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I am still not personally convinced that AI in Denver is that good a look.
Did anyone notice that Carmello was leading the league in scoring before he threw his name in the hat for the "bitch move 2006" awards?
I am more than sure that Carmello can share the ball, but I am not so sure about AI. What we do know, however, is that George Karl comes from the same school of basketball convention that has seen the greatest level of success that AI has seen to this point in his career. Ties to Dean Smith MIGHT see some way of working this shit out.
Denver was a decently complete team without AI, and they happened to have gotten him for comparative peanuts. Maybe they COULD go for a point guard, but Iverson is only a point guard in size, not play.
Wait and see, I guess... That is why they play the games.

BOROSUN
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
did any see the cavs vs piston today?

if you did, then you will know why AI has a important role in denver.

Gnnr
12-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Doesn't AI look good in the Nuggets uniform. :)

http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/AI_300_061222.jpg

And it looks like the NBA is switching back to the old leather ball starting Jan. 1st. lol @ that whole ordeal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2694335

BOROSUN
12-23-2006, 03:45 AM
maybe reebok will comeout with a classic Question in baby blue
http://www.alleniversonlive.com/shoes/question/question1.jpg
one of my fav bball shoe of all time.

also phoenix got stopped. hahahaha ha ha ha
arenas is a lob monster! MATRIX cant hold him down!!!

Kaizen.
12-23-2006, 06:37 AM
To bad he didnt have the answer last night in Sac!

Phlip
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
From back when he had knees and his back wasn't all fucked up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxkCVqyAf9Y
... he doesn't try this shit in games in Houston, though.

ALTRNTV
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I thought I should revive this thread.

Surprises this season:

-AI to Denver
-NY/DEN fight
-Early success of the Lakers (23-11), Jazz (24-10), Magic (21-14), and Wizards (19-14)
-Falling apart of the Clippers (16-19) and Heat (14-19)

BOROSUN
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
right now, the suns is too hot. i didnt want to believe it at first but, i think this year they're taking it. oh well, time will tell.

also speaking of tmac, i guess he's back and working it.

ALTRNTV
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
right now, the suns is too hot. i didnt want to believe it at first but, i think this year they're taking it. oh well, time will tell.
They have to go through San Antonio, the Lakers, Utah, and Dallas to win it all, and they haven't beat any this season. 0-6 against the "elite" Western teams, that's not going to get it done. The season is far from over though.

Wei240
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
suns are quick and all,
just need to defend better then they'll be much better

milw's gonna suuuuck, they suck to begin with, and now with key injuries...

not surprised about the heats, they need wade and shaq (in some sort of playing shape), otherwise, they're just average... speaking of playing shape, posey and walker has gotten fat and lazy, kinda like how shawn kemp blew up (in a fat way) after he left seattle, haha

with denver, i'm really surprised on how productive boykins is

ManoNegra
01-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Suns are great but everyone knows that defensive minded teams have more sucess come playoff time. No clear favorite right now.
Lakers holding it down without Odom and Kwame, not bad.

Gnnr
01-09-2007, 09:28 PM
-Falling apart of the Clippers (16-19) and Heat (14-19)

Hey! :fawkd: I still have faith in my Heat team. We'll get it together soon...

ALTRNTV
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Not the way that Shaq, Walker, and Posey are out of shape. I doubt Shaq will ever get back into shape. Keep hope though, the refs bail out Wade on every call anyways.

Examples:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QLTtl6sbnE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cFSd5YE63Dw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

Here's a good example of Kobe being shafted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k&NR

http://xkwire.com/photos/ish/waderef.jpg

BOROSUN
01-09-2007, 11:43 PM
boykins is producing its because of the AI effect. damn, i love watching AI play, with anthony coming back also, there's going to be a cosmic shift in the universe of nba.

i said what i said because the suns D is better now and this year might be the championship finals for suns.do you guys even watch them play, instead of watching highlights? the only problem for them is they let the other teams catch up and sometimes that might cause them problems in the future.

btw spurs vs nugget tomorrow.

ManoNegra
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Agreed, this is the best team the Suns have had in a while. Although Mavericks look strong too.

Damn, we lost to Memphis...

Wonder is there'll be enough ball in Dever to go around. We'll see in a couple of weeks I guess.

Wei240
01-11-2007, 06:08 PM
so c webb is waived

and now milw (missing 4 starters) have boykins, even still, they'll suck

ALTRNTV
01-11-2007, 06:15 PM
so c webb is waived
He wasn't waived, he was bought out. The teams he's interested in are Miami, LA, Dallas, and San Antonio.

Phlip
01-11-2007, 06:37 PM
He wasn't waived, he was bought out. The teams he's interested in are Miami, LA, Dallas, and San Antonio.
So basically, he allowed himself out of that contract in an manner that would not expose the fact that he ain't worth a shit in a trade, especially for all the money he was slated to make, and he now wants to be signed by a contender on the cheap.

BOROSUN
01-11-2007, 11:07 PM
aaagh...im watching right now, the the sun vs cavs game. i cant stand james suffer. he got 34 points, though. just like AI yesterday, playing with a painful toe and the team cant even pull thru. except for boykins. its just frustrating.

webber knows it, he's done, but still hoping for a championship ring.

Phlip
01-16-2007, 07:22 PM
meanwhile, keeping things moving and having fun with the topic:

click me (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38538196&blogID=218339536&MyToken=c687051f-c9b5-4ac5-860c-858605cd3d07)

Gnnr
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
lol @ that. Anyways, was watching ESPN a while a go, they're right about Gilbert Arenas. That man's been stroking it lately. I think that came as a surprise to a lot of peeps...me atleast.

BOROSUN
01-17-2007, 07:36 AM
whatchu talkin' about "lately". he's been doing it this whole season.

arenas has my vote multiple times for the allstar game. 30x hahah, ive lost count.

Phlip
01-17-2007, 03:52 PM
lol @ that. Anyways, was watching ESPN a while a go, they're right about Gilbert Arenas. That man's been stroking it lately. I think that came as a surprise to a lot of peeps...me atleast.
I refuse to sing his praises until I see him actually PLAY some defense, simple as that.

ManoNegra
01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Arenas - Mr "I don't do overtime".. that story on Sportcenter cracked me up. But he's been balling hard for some time now.

Webber in Detroit now... hmm.. interesting.

Nike made site to commemorate (sp?) Kobe's 81 point game.

http://why81.com/

Translation: sell gullilbe kids like me more overpriced sneakers.

San Antonio today, hope we come out ahead.

punkz
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I know most of the people on here are from out west and like the teams there (Lakers, Clippers, etc) but damn, the Mavs are playing pretty good lately. The 0-4 start was a shock at first but they've pulled it together big time. Maybe just maybe they can finish it out this year but they're going to have to go through a tough west yet again.

Gnnr
01-24-2007, 12:36 AM
So you guys think Nash will get MVP again like they said on Sportscenter? I'm kinda getting tired of him having the title.... *yawn*

FRpilot
01-24-2007, 01:25 AM
he probably should win again... but the NBA doesnt usually give the award to the same player for consecutive years.. jordan had some for 2 consecutive years... and Nash had the MVP for the last 2.. it will probably go to someone else like Nowitzski or kobe. not sure about arenas.. his team is not top of the east and he has more talent around him than kobe.

anyways... how come no one said anything about the warriors/pacers trade. i'm pretty glad we did it since i am as big a dun/murphy hater as anyone. dun has been playing pretty good these last 2 games for the pacers.. but its dunleavy.. and for every 2-3 good games he usually has like 10 bad ones.. and murphy is like fools gold in that he puts up double doubles but plays no defense and slows the offense down. lost diogu but that's the cost of dumping those large salaries.

warriors seem to have too many wing/perimeter players now.. probably have to trade stephen jackson, MP, or JRich.

BOROSUN
01-24-2007, 04:06 AM
its whoever gets to the finals.

ManoNegra
01-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Thought MVP was awarded early in the playoffs.

ALTRNTV
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Thought MVP was awarded early in the playoffs.
True. It's the regular season MVP, not Finals MVP.

Phlip
01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, Gilbert Arenas is beginning to get on my motherfucking nerves:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6409146

... I mean, can I get a blown meniscus or a torn ACL or SOMETHING?!!?

ALTRNTV
02-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Trade rumors:

Kwame/Farmar to the Nets for Kidd. I don't like that trade scenario at all. We're giving away a blossoming young Farmar (which can turn into a Kidd-type player) for Kidd (an aging, but good PG). I'd rather have youth.

Carter to Cleveland. Why?

Got Sileighty?
02-14-2007, 03:17 PM
whoa! that would be interesting. kidd will still be one of the top PGs for another 2-3 years. IF farmar is to become a top PG, that will take 2-3 years as well. and kobe will probably remain the nba's best player for another 3-4 years?....bynum is also quickly becoming one of the top Cs in the game. oh and lets not forget odom.....so this looks like it would be a GREAT trade for the next 4-5 years or so.

so as much as id hate to lose farmar (im a ucla alum as well), i say lets get this trade. woohoo! :)

ALTRNTV
02-14-2007, 04:09 PM
That's the thing. I'm sure most of you can agree with me when I say that Kidd already has reached his peak. He's a great PG, don't get me wrong, but he's 33 already. Farmar is only 20, and has great basketball IQ.

In 5-6 years, as you said, I'm sure Kidd would be retired already. We'd most likely still have Farmar, Bynum, and Kobe. I like that scenario alot better.

Got Sileighty?
02-14-2007, 05:07 PM
kidd has reached his "athletic" peak. but dude is averaging pretty much a triple double this year (14.3pts, 8 rebs, 8.7assts), and he can still run with the best of them. and i believe he'll still be a superstar for the next 2-3 years. so can u say CHAMPIONSHIP RUN for the next 3-4 years? i believe so.

with farmar, you'd just be banking on potential, but what if he becomes a bust? plus even if he does reach that potential, it wouldnt happen for another 2-3 years, at which time kobe will sadly start his inevitable decline...

so i say make the trade and make this a championship caliber team for the next 3-4 years, instead of waiting 2-3 years to POTENTIALLY make a championship run....then pick up a PG in the draft and develop him. who better to learn from than kidd, right?

kidd,kobe,walton,odom,bynum sure sounds like a sweet starting 5 :naughty:

and while theyre at it, dump radmanovic, and pick up a real 3-pt shooter. heck, bring horry back hahaha

ALTRNTV
02-14-2007, 05:11 PM
You got some good points there, but I still like Farmar's upside. I really think Radmanovic will find his rhythm and start knocking down those 3's with regularity. Look at Vujacic, he didn't make shit earlier this season, now he's making them and gaining more confidence as each game goes by. Vujacic and Radmanovic will be deadly long range threats come playoff time. :bigok:

Got Sileighty?
02-14-2007, 05:28 PM
believe me, i like farmar's upside more than anyone i know. and him being from ucla just makes it worse hehe.

radmanovic BETTER start hitting his 3s cuz right now hes a waste of roster space and more importantly, salary cap space :-/

problem with rad is he can barely get play time cuz of all the big guys on the roster. now if he started rebounding or defending, maybe he can get some time. but lately, it looks like his best hope is cook pi$$ing off phil some more landing him more time on the bench.

BOROSUN
02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
carter & james is going to be nuts. cleveland needs another scorer, its definetly going to draw defenders off james or off carter or off other teamates. plus+ carter he likes to play the supporting role.

did you guys notice they have eddie jones back in the heat. with shaq back they have been winning easily. so far they have beaten the spurs and im waiting their up coming games with, houston, mavs, cleveland, washington, pistons, and the bulls. if they win those game straight or atleast houston & mavs with a 5 : 6 wins. they have a fighting chance to the finals, again.

ALTRNTV
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
^
Anyone in the East has a fighting chance to make the Finals, even the UNC Tarheels. :keke:

ALTRNTV
02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Damn... coincidence? lol

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2007/0213/nba_a_kidd_412.jpg

Kidd to trade. :keke:

Wei240
02-14-2007, 09:20 PM
detroit seems to be the front runner in the east, lost ben wallace, got cwebb, so they'll be in the thick of things...

heat will be good as long as everyone's healthy AND in shape...

Gnnr
02-14-2007, 10:03 PM
did you guys notice they have eddie jones back in the heat.

Yeah, my boy Jones is back! Wish he could have gotten a ring with us.

Gnnr
02-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Former NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway on Wednesday unleashed what may be the most homophobic series of comments ever uttered publicly by a major pro-sports figure. On Miami's 790 The Ticket, host Dan Le Batard asked Hardaway about the revelation by former NBA player John Amaechi that he is gay.

The Miami Herald carried a transcript of the interview that included this exchange:

Le Batard: "How do you deal with a gay teammate?"
Hardaway: "First of all I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, you know, I would really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think that he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room, and it's just a whole lot of other things and I wouldn't even be a part of that. But stuff like that is going on and there's a lot of other people I hear that are like that and still in the closet and don't want to come out of the closet, but you know I just leave that alone."

Later in the interview:

Le Batard: "You know what you are saying there is flatly homophobic? It's bigotry?"
Hardaway: "Well, you know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.''

Wow, just wow. I used to watch this guy play growing up, thats a disgusting statement. Lost all respect for him.

Phlip
02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Trade rumors:

Kwame/Farmar to the Nets for Kidd. I don't like that trade scenario at all. We're giving away a blossoming young Farmar (which can turn into a Kidd-type player) for Kidd (an aging, but good PG). I'd rather have youth.

Carter to Cleveland. Why?
I think that Kidd to the Lakers is not that bad a look, look at what his mentoring in Dallas became for Steve Nash when he escaped Dallas... I would rather see KG come to the Lakers, personally though. Jason Kidd's brand of basketball begs a motion and/or pick and roll offense, not the triangle.
I COULD see that working, however, if Farmar stays and Smush goes, allowing him to take in that same level of mentoring, so long as Kidd doesn't command more money than he is worth.

Yeah, my boy Jones is back! Wish he could have gotten a ring with us.
I am in the mind that Eddie Jones got screwed out of rings in both LA and Miami. Unfortunately, with the initial budding of Kobe from high school graduate to NBA superstar, there was not room on the team for another starting 2 guard. Kobe's efficiency and achievement didn't leave much room for another 2 on the roster, for more than 6-10 minutes a game, period... EJ had to go.
THEN in Miami, he gets gone just in time for Dwyane Wade and Shaq (yes, I say it in that order for a reason) to win a championship, his contract needed to go to make way for the fat man, again rather unfortunately.

Got Sileighty?
02-14-2007, 11:55 PM
oh hell yea, kg on the lakers would be sweet! i doubt it will happen though.

good point about eddie, hes gotten released just as the team is about to win a ring. the guy deserves a ring, he was my favorite laker when he was here. i still remember that sad day he got traded to charlotte, March 10,1999. :mad:

BOROSUN
02-15-2007, 11:50 PM
lakers ftl again. woop woop

allstar comin up, i'll be rooting for the eastside! it doesnt feel the same without AI.

louis110
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
so i guess nobody here follows the Raptors??

ALTRNTV
02-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Who's that? Raptors?

louis110
02-16-2007, 10:04 PM
I hope you're being sarcastic...Toronto Raptors, they're first in the atlantic division

drifter101
02-16-2007, 10:10 PM
i hope you are being sarcastic.

Gnnr
02-16-2007, 10:31 PM
so i guess nobody here follows the Raptors??

Not really, but I know that Bosh shouldn't be underestimated.

ALTRNTV
02-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I hope you're being sarcastic...Toronto Raptors, they're first in the atlantic division
i hope you are being sarcastic.
If you have read the whole thread, you'd know if I was being sarcastic or not.

drifter101
02-17-2007, 09:41 AM
my post was regarding the one above mine, louis110's.

louis110
02-17-2007, 05:16 PM
If you have read the whole thread, you'd know if I was being sarcastic or not.

you seem to know a lot about basketball so i'm going to assume you were being sarcastic. if so, whats wrong with the raptors?? they've won 10/12 of their last games, thats not too shabby if you ask me.

BOROSUN
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
why do canadians hate vince carter so much?

Phlip
02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
why do canadians hate vince carter so much?
Because he bitched until Tracy McGrady was out of town, then left them high and dry himself?
The team was not good when he was there, and they are only good in that "we're in the eastern conference" frame of thinking now.
Eastern Conference = Junior Varsity team.

louis110
02-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Canadians don't hate Carter, only Torontonians hate Carter lol. He left the Raptors in shame. He never played because of his "bad knee" and he never put any effort into his game while he was with Toronto. When he got traded, he pretty much said "fuck you toronto" during an interview with the press, so the city turned its back on him.

And I totally agree that they're good in the eastern conference only. I only see them going into the playoffs and not going too far, but i mean Toronto is still a fairly new team so the city is excited about their progress.

Phlip
02-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Yeah, so all star Saturday sucked so bad that I decided instead to get drunk and fall asleep on the dunk contest.
Apparently, I didn't miss much.

Gnnr
02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Haha, the Shaq vs. LeBron Dance Off. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goFlZMFyRTQ

Wei240
02-18-2007, 03:23 PM
shaq's great, he's just a big clown

Got Sileighty?
02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
ive always thought of dwight howard as the next shaq, but after seeing the dance-off and the sticker during the dunk contest, theres no doubt in my mind, that he IS SHAQ Jr....btw, he got robbed in the dunk contest. it shouldve been him and green in the finals. that sticker was hilarious! it was probably one of the few highlights of an otherwise boring allstar weekend....i hate how the small guy gets soooo much love. yea nate can get up high, but after the 1st or 2nd dunk im tired of seeing him. he shouldnt be allowed to enter next year, unless he can come up with something spectacular.

Wei240
02-19-2007, 11:23 AM
^^

yeah, from last year, didn't see all the highlights, but igoudala dunks seemed more spetacular...

dwight howard is going to be really awesome, considering how sucky the east is, he should dominate in the upcoming years

ManoNegra
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Lategrab but yeah, I was sad to see Eddie Jones leave the Lakers. IRRC he left to make room for Mitch Richmond the team needed a reliable outside threat. That didn't work and then came Glenn Rice... errr.. wtf

Anyhow, I actually met Eddie briefly and he was a cool guy.

Damn, too much beer and pizza... I passed out for the last quarter of the Allstar game.

BOROSUN
02-19-2007, 06:40 PM
you have to actually be there to enjoy a short guy dunk, instead of watching it on the tv. its not the same.

FRpilot
02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
smush/kobe/butler/odom/bynum...

would have been way better than..

smush/kobe/walton or radmanovic/odom/kwame

ALTRNTV
02-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Kobe for the All-Star MVP. :w00t:

Forget what I've been saying. I want Kidd to the Lakers! :bigok:

Nets Inch Closer to Kidd Trade
20th February, 2007 - 12:12 am
New York Times -
The New Jersey Nets are moving closer to trading star point guard Jason Kidd before Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

The Los Angeles Lakers are the leading suitor but their offer may not be sufficient to finish the deal.

According to three officials in the Eastern Conference who spoke to the New York Times on condition of anonymity, the Nets have been trying to involve at least one other team in the trade. And the Nets may be hoping that other teams that would like to acquire Kidd will beat the Lakers' package.

The prevailing speculation is that big men Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown, point guard Jordan Farmar and a draft pick are the core pieces of the Lakers' offer.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c6/fullj.getty-73287384adb009_westpractice_4_46_20_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/65/fullj.getty-73326828jp109_media_availab_12_48_40_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/af/fullj.getty-73326828jp106_media_availab_12_48_09_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ed/fullj.getty-73326828jp105_media_availab_12_48_01_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.getty-73326828jp113_media_availab_12_47_40_am.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.getty-73326828jp114_media_availab_12_47_30_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/33/fullj.getty-73326828jp115_media_availab_12_47_11_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/40/fullj.getty-73326828jp101_media_availab_12_45_53_am.jpghttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/60/fullj.getty-73326828jp102_media_availab_12_46_03_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5e/fullj.getty-73107136mw012_2007_nba_all__9_37_51_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c0/fullj.getty-73107136pb019_2007_nba_all__10_16_00_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/42/fullj.getty-73107136pb033_2007_nba_all__11_38_01_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/6d/fullj.getty-73107136gwe016_all_star_gam_10_18_27_pm.jpg
Dwight Howard is a monster!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a3/fullj.getty-73107136mw026_2007_nba_all__11_22_39_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/fullj.getty-73107136gwe015_all_star_gam_10_18_04_pm.jpg

http://upshizzle.com/up/pfiles/9106/charles%20kiss.gif

s13gold
02-20-2007, 01:54 AM
what....is that a lil smoooch...ahhahaha
damn "akadmikone" you have some nice pix..

ZenkiNinja
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
it was kinda funny and sad at the same time to see kobe mess up at the skills challenge. . . sniff*

Phlip
02-20-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/john_amaechi_comes_out_as_former

BOROSUN
02-20-2007, 09:03 PM
the flash OWNED kobe on that challenge.

i played bball with guys that like other guys (laguardia HS in nyc, the same school wesley snipes & jennifer aniston went too.) its nothing but, they are the worst teamate ever. i havent met a agressive gay guy, that i want to pick in my team, yet.

basketball is kinda gay anyways but, nothing tops brazillian jujitsu and wrestling.

ManoNegra
02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
^ wow... talk about mental diarrhea... jp

Thanks for the new background Akademik.

BOROSUN
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
has anyone seen the clippers game shaun livingston leg breaking clip?

jsus its nasty.

Gnnr
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
That Mavs/Suns game was crazy last night! I got home from work, turned on the TV and it was on ESPN. Saw who was playing and said to myself, oh this is gonna be good. Caught it at the end of the 3rd, but man was the 4th crazy. Then OT and double OT! Ahhh, great game.

woodchuck
03-15-2007, 03:18 PM
That Mavs/Suns game was crazy last night! I got home from work, turned on the TV and it was on ESPN. Saw who was playing and said to myself, oh this is gonna be good. Caught it at the end of the 3rd, but man was the 4th crazy. Then OT and double OT! Ahhh, great game.

Thats the Western Conference Finals right there. my wife and i tuned in at the fourth...double OT was crazy. I'm a big fan of both teams so it was all good. Dirty Dirk for MVP?

Phlip
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
That game caused me to be late getting in the bed last night and I been dragging all day.

Gnnr
03-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Haha, it was already the next day over here when the game finished.

BOROSUN
03-15-2007, 11:54 PM
i saw the game and i usually dont like to watch the mavs but the suns is entertaining. they also lost to the warriors which i watched switching between the strongestman comp cause it was so boring. well, im trying to say is mavs is boring, dirk sucks, and i dont like jason terry. (aah.. drinks purple haterade)

nuggets is finally rolling, my man AI got a double doublee 14-13 and team chemistry is steamin...go nuggets . also kobe is a hacking hacker hack job. (i'll probably get another red square from this thread again)

Phlip
03-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Haha, it was already the next day over here when the game finished.
<--- NC, it was Thursday when it was over here, too, but there is NO denying that the game was enterfuckingtaining.

illvialuver
03-16-2007, 06:20 PM
yeah i saw that shaun livingston clip i saw is happen was watchign the game . im so sad now my Clippers dont really stand a chance , now they really are underdogs, but still root for them.

OptionZero
04-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Fuck the lakers. Fuck phil jackson. Fuck Kobe. Fuck all of socal.

yes, I am bringing this thread back solely to shit on those losers.

I hated LA before, but now...I hope that Colorado slut comes back and and tells Kobe...hey, by the way, you've got about 30 different STD's now.

Then I will drive to Staples, just to laugh in Kobe's face. I'd buy floor seats for that.

miucus
04-13-2007, 02:12 AM
golden state warriors ftw

OptionZero
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Forget the Clippers. I hope the Lakers drop out.

woodchuck
04-13-2007, 03:22 PM
^^ sad thing is that the lakers get seattle and sacto to end their season. hopes of the lakers not making playoffs looks slim. a loss to the suns and clippers & warriors win the rest of their games might do it.

OptionZero
04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOORS...come out and play

well

they have

16-5 and 10-1 to crush the rest of the league at the end of the season and storm into the 8th seed (nearly the 7th).

12 year playoff drought over

Baron Davis, leading the league in steals per game

Monta Ellis, soon to be Most Improved Player

Don Nelson, should get a vote or two for Coach of the Year

Patrick O'Bryant, rookie of the ...wait...nevermind.

Anyways, Dallas...Dallas...Dallas...havin' nightmares yet?

woodchuck
04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
warriors making the playoffs is awesome. too bad for the clips.

woodchuck
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
first round is over guys - looks like the heat might be in for some trouble and the wizards have a good chance of being swept.

don nelson beats his old team? wowsers.

suns are still hawt fiyah.

OptionZero
04-23-2007, 12:14 PM
One Love. One Dub.
Warriors.

EchoOfSilence
04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
as much as I hate to say it, the Warriors were doing pretty well; it helped that dallas was being sloppy

I remember when the warriors were a silly 'norcal-pride' joke :keke:

Phlip
04-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Okay, so the Heat become the first NBA champions to be swept in the first round.
Dwyane Wade was damaged goods and couldn't finish with his left. In such, a DOMINANT effort was required from Shaquille O'Neal, and it never materialized.

... I am waiting to see who he blames it on this time, even though all fundamental thought places the blame squarely on his own shoulders.

Phlip
04-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Looks like it's gonna be the Suns in 5, instead of the Suns in 6

OptionZero
04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I already won $20 bucks.
Laker fan told me he'd give me $10 bucks if the W's won a single game.
I told him to fuck off, i'll give HIM $20 if the W's don't win TWO.

I'm about to up it to $100 for the series.

woodchuck
04-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Looks like it's gonna be the Suns in 5, instead of the Suns in 6

agreed.

nuggets need to make a come back and dallas needs to get their act together.

Heat getting swept? I really hope the pistons get taken out as well.

Go Raptors! :keke:

Phlip
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
See, I live in NC, but I have been a Lakers fan all my life.
The fact remains that I have a mind that is capable of thinking with common fucking sense, so I know the Lakers are meat right now, even if Kobe scores 60 next game.
I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the fact that the Heat got swept, because with approximately one half a Dwyane Wade, the onus was purely on Shaq to dominate them to victory, and he failed, rendering his inflated sense of self-worth unwarranted.... Fuck him.
Pistons/Bulls will be entertaining to watch, and I am pretty sure that Dallas will be able to pull it together and get this one right.

ALTRNTV
04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
KG next year! lol

Edgar
04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
miami :(

Gnnr
04-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Yep, we bombed. :(

OptionZero
04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2007/04/30/sp_warriors0361kr.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/smartlilangel_12/Team3.jpg

BOROSUN
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
that girl is cute.

s13gold
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Laker FAN!!!!!!!!

Edgar
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Well I actually saw this coming this year after seeing the Heat get whooped by the Pacers.I mean come on now. lol
I know D Wade wasn't playing but still. The Pacers seriously suck. I think Miami wont win another Championship.

ManoNegra
05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Well at least we - Lakers - didn't get swept like Miami did. Yeah, I know but I'll take any comfort for this season where I can get it.
God I love seeing Mark Cuban eating shit, that self-rightious prick.

woodchuck
05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Mavs got away with murder in game 5 - i swear dirk fouled jrich late in the 4th when he pulled up for a 3.

I am a fan of the mavs, but i really have to give credit to the warriors. the only way the mavs won game 2 was by facing an incomplete warriors squad ( ejection of baron davis and stephen jackson) late in the game.

Warriors are looking like the "better" team in this series. Mavs should have wrapped the series up already winning by 20pts each game.

well - its still the best round 1 series to watch. if only the nuggets can make their series interesting...then again they are up against the boring spurms.

BOROSUN
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
spurs is slowing down the nuggets and is having hard time being consistant.

frustrating.

nuggets needs everybody to contribute, especially jr smith.

you hear me smith!

kouki_s14
05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
i want to see the warriors and bulls in the finals

Phlip
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
^^^ You MIGHT see the Bulls in the finals, mainly because the east is just fuckin painful to watch, but I do not see the Warriors getting past Phoenix or San Antonio.

OptionZero
05-02-2007, 04:59 PM
The Warriors could have easily won Game 5; even when down 21 I wasn't afraid of the Mavs, I knew we'd come back. We blew the game ourselves with poor decision making in the last 2 minutes, plus Baron got bounced on a shit foul call.
Overall, I didn't expect to win in Dallas because no doubt David Stern wanted another game in Oakland.

I suppose it's only fitting we finish it in Oakland, given our fans our the BEST IN THE NBA.

We won't be San Antonio, we might get swept.

Phoenix? We'll take 2 games minimum, although I don't know if we can win it without homecourt.

ManoNegra
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Stupid Warriors, seal the deal as soon as possible or it may come back to bite you in the ass. Next game is crucial.

Phlip
05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
See, I can see GS winning because David Stern has it out for Mark Cuban, and secretly wants Steve Nash to continue winning MVP until he dies.
On the other hand, however, I do not see GS making it out of the second round in one piece, and CERTAINLY not taking 2 of 7 games from Phoenix, period.
Sure, I ate crow last year when I said that the NBA champs were NOT to come from the eastern conference, but I am saying it again, the NBA champions WILL NOT come from the eastern conference this year.

ALTRNTV
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Looks like our season will end tonight in Phoenix. It was a good "run." lol

:bigok:

woodchuck
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I suppose it's only fitting we finish it in Oakland, given our fans our the BEST IN THE NBA.

Doooood! Watching the warrioir home games this series is el-nuts-o! I'm surprised the roof doesn't get blown off from all the cheering. i bet the fans would still be up and cheering even if the warriors are up by 50 over the mavs. so much energy.

Bulls to take the east :x:
Pleeeeeeeease - any team but the Pistons.

Phlip
05-02-2007, 08:20 PM
I wonder what I could get for my grossly underworn Michael Finley Dallas Maverick's jersey

kouki_s14
05-02-2007, 08:36 PM
^^^ You MIGHT see the Bulls in the finals, mainly because the east is just fuckin painful to watch, but I do not see the Warriors getting past Phoenix or San Antonio.

Thats what i wanted to see, not what would neccessary happen,

western conference finals will probably end up being SA/PHX and GS
eastern conference winner will probably be DET or CHI
if DET goes to the finals then whoever wins on the western conference will take the title. If CHI goes to the finals, i believe it's a toss up. Bulls are an awesome team

The Warriors could have easily won Game 5; even when down 21 I wasn't afraid of the Mavs, I knew we'd come back. We blew the game ourselves with poor decision making in the last 2 minutes, plus Baron got bounced on a shit foul call.
Overall, I didn't expect to win in Dallas because no doubt David Stern wanted another game in Oakland.

We won't be San Antonio, we might get swept.

Phoenix? We'll take 2 games minimum, although I don't know if we can win it without homecourt.

That was an awesome 4th quarter until the last 2 mins or so. I agree that last foul call on Davis was BS. But GS will take the series so it doesnt really matter. I believe GS still has some tricks for SA or PHX, its a great underdog story nonetheless.

BOROSUN
05-03-2007, 12:29 AM
bulls nah. piston is going to stop them.

woodchuck
05-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Laker Luv :love:
http://static.flickr.com/44/137292439_6fb4c6f114.jpg?v=0

Go Suns!
even with a sloppy second half, Suns still pull a win.
I hope the Suns run all over the boring ass Spurms.

Can the Warriors pull a win tonight? I can't wait to watch.

TurDz
05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Can the Warriors pull a win tonight? I can't wait to watch.

I had such a good feeling for them for tonight's game. They had the edge in game 5 up until the 15-0 run from the Mavs. So they only got hungrier...

And now it's just crazy. They finally did it!! Warriors win!!!!

kouki_s14
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
. They finally did it!! Warriors win!!!!

They did more than just win, i feel kind of bad for dallas

TurDz
05-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Well, the same thing pretty much happened to Detroit last year...even though they got a bit further. Their near flawless seasons affected them, and they lost a lot of that hunger by playoff time. They almost expected to be in the finals w/o much of a struggle so when crunch time came, they didn't have it.

You can attribute a lot thought to the 13 year playoff drought, Nellie, and B. Diddy.

I only hope the best for Dallas and I hope they take this as a lesson and get tougher next year.

OptionZero
05-04-2007, 01:45 AM
who's UNSTOPPABLE, BABY?!
www.goldenstateofmind.com

you can believe too

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/WhoeverYouAre143/Warriors/warsiganim.gif

sorry, i need to pimp out this guy's vid's, they are hotness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XlchZQwdck

510 Entertainment (FiveTenEnt)

BOROSUN
05-04-2007, 03:49 AM
i told ya's dirk sucks.

im crossing my fingers, hoping cavs make the finals.

Daena
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
i went to the warriors game last night, it was the best game i've ever been to! history in the making!

'90RPS13
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Screw dallas. GS deserved it. I think Don Nelson deserved to fuck up the Mav's for what Cuban did to him.

LONG LIVE Phoenix. Nash is the shit.

woodchuck
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
LONG LIVE Phoenix. Nash is the shit.

Word!

suns and warriors for the west finals PLEASE!

ALTRNTV
05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Dallas.... what a dissapointment. Too much hype.

Phlip
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Sad thing is that I actually kinda liked Dallas as a team...
... oh well, looks like we'll get some entertainment in the west, and some grind-it-out boring ass basketball in the east.
See you guys Monday or Tuesday, unless I happen upon a computer I care to use to post from while away.

pbcstylez
05-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Go Warriors!!!!!

OptionZero
05-04-2007, 08:13 PM
The Suns/Warriors playoff games will average about 280-300 PPG.

That will be fuckin great basketball

kouki_s14
05-05-2007, 03:23 AM
The Suns/Warriors playoff games will average about 280-300 PPG.

That will be fuckin great basketball

back and forth no defense
80% FG%
70% 3P%

it would be awesome lol

OptionZero
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, the Warriors can't play defense.

Go fuck yourself and die, we held the Mavs to around 40% shooting or less multiple times, and they were one of the best offensive teams by offensive efficiency.

We don't play traditional defense spurs style (get lots of missed shots and then rebound), we play an attack-defense (#1 in steals; #3 in blocks, #1 in opponents turnovers). The pace creates the high point totals, not a lack of defense.

kingsol
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
so so so so so so so sad.
=(

OptionZero
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Ladies and gentlemen:

If you are not sitting down, please...have a seat.
If you are sitting down, hold on to your desk.
If there are children in the room, cover their eyes.
If there is music playing, turn it off...especially if it's jazz.

now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

What, you didn't known Baron Davis owned an Ak-47?

Sportscenter after the game named this the 9th best play.

And the 7th.

And the 5th.

And the 3rd.

And the top play of the night.

They were gonna make it all 10, but the producers forced them to negotiate down to 5.

Quite frankly, David Stern needs to exercise his game-rigging powers and deliver us this Suns-Warriors series. I don't care if the Jazz and Spurs close us out, announce this as a gift to the world and an apology for being such a dumbass.

Give us this series. Create a new trophy to hand out if you have to.

In case you missed them:

Matt Barnes over Dirk Nowitzki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTenIWh50bs

Ellis over Barbosa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqi0yvHUtIk

Biedrins over Nash and Amare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FBs0NviMOs

BOROSUN
05-13-2007, 03:02 AM
i have a feeling piston is goin to crush anyone who oppose them.

OptionZero
05-13-2007, 03:07 AM
How can any one root for a team with Chris Webber?

The Pistons haven't even played an NBA team in the playoffs yet.

The Magic are Dwight Howard, a broken Grant Hill, and a cast that sucked so bad someone actually thought adding J.J. Reddick to them would make them better.

The Bulls? Don't make me laugh. People say the Warriors have no "inside presence"? There isn't even anyone on the Bulls that could post ME up.

Those are two of the most idiotic teams in the league; Orlando actually drafted in the lottery the last two years and wound up with J.J. Reddick's injured back and Fran Vazquez the no-show. They had a gigantic expiring contract in Grant Hill and made ZERO moves at the trade deadline because they thought they were "good enough." They deserved to get their asses swept.

The Bulls effectively traded Tyson Chandler for an older, shorter, more expensive version of him, but still coulda rectified that mistake by adding Pau Gasol (or Garnett, or Jermaine O'Neal, or pretty much any bigman they wanted)...and didn't. Well, here's a freakin' sweep for ya, go shoot urself John Paxson.

Screw the Eastern Conference.

The Warriors are 2-0 against the Pistons with two blowout wins, one of those when we had Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.

Give me the Suns and Warriors already.

Greatest. Series. Ever.

BOROSUN
05-13-2007, 04:42 AM
this the is playoffs. those season numbers dont matter. piston will make the
finals ulness cavs can pull an upset. their going to take it this year.

funny how bulls was 3-1 against piston, 2-1 against spurs, 1-1 mavs warriors suns lakers.
and funny how heat was 2-0 against warriors, bucks 2-0 against warriors , hawks 2-0 against warriors, and magic/bulls 1-1 against warriors.

why you counting out the spurs. they can shut down warriors. 4-1

Unholy S14
05-13-2007, 09:22 AM
The refs won the game for the spurs tonight.

If they called just half of the fouls the suns would have won.

god these refs in sa suck ass and should be fired.

OptionZero
05-13-2007, 03:06 PM
You're right, the regular season doesn't matter. That's why this #8 seed can realistically challenge any team in the playoffs...except the Spurs.

Ask Dirk Nowizki how much the regular season matters!

What does matter, is how ridiculously hot the Warriors were at the END of the season beginning when they crushed the Pistons in detroit.

What does matter, is how individual matchups will play out, which you can learn from the regular season (anyone surprised at how poorly the the Mavs matched up with the warriors didn't see any of the games).

Had any of those teams played the Warriors the last 2 weeks, they would have lost. If they played in Oakland, they would have lost by 20.

Game 3 v. Utah was not a fluke. We've been doing that to everyone in Oakland lately.

Consider those regular season games against the Pistons a trailer for what could happen in the Finals.

How are the nuggets doing?

Phlip
05-13-2007, 03:18 PM
The Nuggets are on vacation.
Spurs are coming out of the west, don't play yourself into thinking that the Warriors are a championship team this year.

Unholy S14
05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
i see them beating Utah though

Phlip
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh, I never said they wouldn't beat Utah.

BOROSUN
05-13-2007, 03:35 PM
spurs defence choke out the nuggets. im only a fan of iverson, hardest working man on the nba. he deserve atleast 1 championship. cmon nuggets!

chemistry is getting there, but i think they need that extra outside threat. im hoping someone can step up the plate or a trade some how, ahem smith. next season kenyon martin is coming back, that should be good. they need his energy.

im always fovever a knicks fan. i miss hardcore tough knicks back on the 90's.
charles oakley, anthony mason, larry johnson i miss em.

Unholy S14
05-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh, I never said they wouldn't beat Utah.

yea i know, im just saying they might beat Utah but lose after that.

OptionZero
05-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Can we buy some free throws? Seriously?

I suppose it's an accomplishment we got this far with Stephan Jackson. Sigh.

Bad night to have our worst night.

woodchuck
05-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Spurs and Jazz for the west finals will be the worst west series ever.
Spurs or Jazz and the Pistons for the championship = boycott

kouki_s14
05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
they should just stop everything and have an 13 game series with the suns and warriors

give the trophy to whoever, just let us watch good basketball

Phlip
05-14-2007, 05:18 PM
The Warriors are especially not coming out of the west, or even getting through Utah if they don't grow the fuck up.

axiomatik
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
God, the Suns just are not executing tonight. Nash just seems sloppy, losing the ball twice towards the end of the half. They better tighten it up in the second half.

I have to say that Tim Duncan just pisses me off. He's a good player no doubt, but every single time a foul is called on him he acts like it's an outrage, as if it's impossible for him to ever foul. Also, Spurs basketball sucks to watch. All this halfcourt, one-on-one post up bullshit is just boring.

Gnnr
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
"Wise LeBron" says Don't bring that Kool-Aid to a grown man party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOhi89fyT2g

lol. I love these commercials.

'90RPS13
05-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like we have a chance. Up 1 with 58 seconds to go. COME ON SUNS!!!

kouki_s14
05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
suns win!!!!!

'90RPS13
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
OMG we pulled a miracle. Thank you GOD!

axiomatik
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
God Damn! What a 4th quarter!!! But man, the way these games are going, they'll be playing hockey by the end of the series. I got the impression that the Suns got several advantageous fouls this game. Maybe the refs actually realized how badly game 3 was called and tried to even it up a bit. Suns have to tighten up their game though. The Spurs were just more disciplined for the majority of the game, and the Suns looked awfully sloppy. Nash did much better this game, but those 8 turnovers were rough. Anyway, I can go to bed happy.

'90RPS13
05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I agree brindley. We need to step back to our roots. Gotta stop playing Spurs style and go back to the run and gun or we are going to loose this series. I hope to see this be the year for the suns too.

Long live the suns and NASH!

woodchuck
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I agree brindley. We need to step back to our roots. Gotta stop playing Spurs style and go back to the run and gun or we are going to loose this series. I hope to see this be the year for the suns too.

Long live the suns and NASH!

Amen to that.

and the chubby version of will smith had to go and commit a hard foul on Nash...tsk tsk.

BOROSUN
05-15-2007, 01:39 AM
playa haters.
elevators.
if you cross me you die.

cav vs nets was fun game. dont under estimate the snow, the man has d.
also still cant believe lebron is still having a hard time on the free throw line.

i watched the spurs vs suns only the first 2 quarters, i had to switched to watch heroes. dont you people know its spurspiracy (conspiracy), they set that up.

axiomatik
05-15-2007, 07:29 AM
one word

Tivo.

woodchuck
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Stoudemire and Diaw are out for game 5?! :wtc:
Will Smith gets a 2 game suspension! :cj:

Horry has been suspended for flagrantly fouling Phoenix’s Steve Nash and striking Raja Bell above the shoulders with a forearm. Stoudemire and Diaw have been suspended for leaving “the immediate vicinity of their bench” during an altercation. The incident occurred with :18 remaining in the fourth period of the Suns' 104-98 win over the Spurs last night at AT&T Center.

2 starters for the Suns and 1 bencher for the Spurms. :bs:

OptionZero
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
the spurs woulda traded a 10 game suspension for horry to get stoudamire and diaw out for a game

Phoenix got jobbed

axiomatik
05-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Moral of the Story: The NBA rewards malicious, flagrant fouls. Sure, Horry is suspended, but the Spurs definitely benefitted in the end. I call it the 'Horry-Stern' play. Expect to see it in the future. A marginal player on one team will commit a hard foul whenever a series is as emotional and tense as this one in an attempt to get a reaction out of the other team and get them suspended. David Stern will then bless the offender for his strategic vision. Bullshit decision on a bullshit rule. You can't make a black-and-white rule like that for situations that are so gray for this exact reason.

Steve Kerr said it best:

However, if the league decides to suspend Diaw and Stoudemire, it may have to suspend Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen as well.

In a play that went entirely unnoticed until well after the game was over, both Duncan and Bowen actually left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter after Francisco Elson and James Jones were entangled. Replays clearly show Duncan walking several steps onto the court as Elson and Jones appeared to be ready to get into it. Bowen then followed Duncan onto the floor, grabbed him and led him back to the bench. If the league does indeed follow the letter of the law, both Spurs players would also be suspended for Game 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhPkHqXHQL.CkReiDesnskQ5nYcB?slug=sk-sunsspurs051507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

'90RPS13
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah I totally agree with you brind. I so want to call out that some sports are rigged man. That is bullshit. Take out two of our good players over some bullshit that some idoitic fuck started. Fuck Horry, Fuck Stern, Fuck Rigged Sports.

tbowzer
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Damn, heartbreaking for the Warriors. They play so stupid, if they would penetrate and kick or take it hard to the rack, they would get more points per possesion versus them shitting up threes all the time...Defense is pretty good, they made some stupid fouls and they let their emotions get the best of them...they play young.

Warriors fall apart due to lack of leadership. We're not deep at all (no bench), lack experience in playoff play.

At least we have something to work for next year. GO WARRIORS!

'90RPS13
05-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah that was a Heartbreaker. I was really looking forward to Suns V. Warriors!

OptionZero
05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I can't accept tonight's loss.

If we had played Warriors basketball, full of passion and energy, hitting clutch shots and swarming away on defense, aggressively attacking the ball and moving on offense, I could stand losing.

Instead, we played like a 5th grade girls squad, stupid turnover after stupid, gift wrapped turnover. Couldn't buy a bucket when it counted, lost our cool, and kept making mistakes over and over.

I've been a Warrior fan for over a decade, and I've never waivered.

Tonight, though, in what should have been our "lay it all on the line game", I am ashamed of their play.

Jason Richardson has the basketball IQ of a deer.

ALTRNTV
05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
^^

http://www.mariposaponds.com/scrapbook/images_2006/deer_basketball_2006.jpg

The deer stalks its basketball.

s13gold
05-16-2007, 12:27 AM
so the gs warriors lost....awwww.

BOROSUN
05-16-2007, 01:48 AM
i can see the tears of my brother inlaw in my mind, as it rolls down his cheeks, crying in his sleep. muahahha

it was good while it lasted.

you gotta accept it ,utah crashed the boards wonderfuly both offensively and defensively. not only that , they guarded the paint more effectively. utah had i think...3 players that went double-double. whats not to accept?

woodchuck
05-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Suns are up at the half!

Lets Go SUNS! :spank:

markyboi
05-16-2007, 10:07 PM
since the warriors are out...

GO SUNS!!!!

'90RPS13
05-16-2007, 10:08 PM
haha, Suns looking strong tonight! (knock on wood.)

'90RPS13
05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG we have a badass game going on. 81-84 Spurs lead. Shit is intense!

Phlip
05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
These are the least entertaining playoffs in recent years.
They're playing up the Bulls/Pistons rivalry?
Is the Eastern Conference even PLAYING in these playoffs?
Stern spoonfeeding the Spurs the title?
(mind you, I am not a Suns OR Spurs fan, but that shit is just fuckin' dumb)
... fuck this noise

ALTRNTV
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
:w00t: Spurs won. I don't care who wins the title, as long as it isn't the Suns.

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
:w00t: Spurs won. I don't care who wins the title, as long as it isn't the Suns.

Lol... word. They can shove their Laker-bashing book up their ass. You can only be that cocky when you wear jewelry on your fingers. No rings? STFU!

I dunno Phil, I think the playoffs this year are pretty wild. Warriors knock off Cavs... Utah vs Warriors series was intense while it lasted... Suns and Spurs are delivering a classic... Horry decked Nash...

Now if only the East could deliver nearly as good a show.

Anyone seen that new LeBron Nike commercial: 'Old Lebron Wisdom'? Something going through Detroit. Hmmm... commercial shit talking, interesting.

woodchuck
05-17-2007, 10:32 AM

C'mon man, don't hate. Everyone here knows the lakers need tweaking to get to where they were. give it time and hate on the boring-ass Spurs for now.

Fuck'n Montel Williams for three to bring the Spurms to a victory. :ghey:

Suns did hold their own missing key players.....

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
But they lead for 42 minutes... at home.... choke.

woodchuck
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
But they lead for 42 minutes... at home.... choke.

not choke....more like gasp.

Kurt Thomas was dying at halftime. lol
Everyone had to play more minutes to make up for amare and boris out of the lineup.
Suns just ran out of energy towards the 4th.

'90RPS13
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, did you hear the interview with David Stern and Dan Patrick? Stern is a dickhead.

Lol... word. They can shove their Laker-bashing book up their ass. You can only be that cocky when you wear jewelry on your fingers. No rings? STFU!

Phil Jackson sucks as a coach. Ever notice he has coached self sufficent teams? Kobe is Overrated and personally I hate the motherfucker. I look at the Lakers like the Yankees. Just my .02.

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
- Yeah, Thomas was very effective early on and faded down the stretch. Made Duncan earn his points until his tank ran empty.
- Man those Manu turnovers scared me - thought they would cost the Spurs the game.
- Agree, David Stern is a dick.
- Self sufficient? Please elucidate. Many analysts believe the Lakers have over-achieved that past two seasons... some even go as far as attributing it to Jackson.
- We've argued this before but regardless of his personality, can't deny Kobe is one of the best if not the best player in NBA at the moment.
- If the Lakers were the Yankees then we'd have Nash, Lebron and KG all suiting up in purple and gold... and not make the playoffs.

'90RPS13
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
-Hands down, Kobe has skills, but I wont ever like him.

-Not so much as now, but before (2-3 yrs ago) they had a Yankee's Lineup.

-As Red Auerback has pointed out, Phil has never had to build his own team, he's always been provided with talent ANYONE could win with. Very overrated...

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 12:18 PM
-Hands down, Kobe has skills, but I wont ever like him.

Cool, I can respect that. I hate Raja Bell too but I think he's an awsome defender. Same with Bodden (sp?).

-Not so much as now, but before (2-3 yrs ago) they had a Yankee's Lineup.

When they brought Payton and Malone? Agreed and it exploded in out faces - sort of. Although both were complementary bit players past their prime and just sniffing a ring imo and not major factors in the team; Payton couldn't/refused to play defense and Malone was injured during a crucial part of the season. We did it with Glenn Rice and Mitch Richmond aswell and those didn't pan out either. Any team would too for that matter - part of a GMs job if you ask me is to keep the team competitive and acquire the best talent available. Can't blame us either if most players would rather play for the Lakers than say Charlotte or Toronto.

If I remember correctly, the Suns at one point acquired Barkley and Kevin Johnson for the very same purposes. Then Starbury... Jason Kidd... and now Nash. Should have brought in Phil too to get them that ring.

-As Red Auerback has pointed out, Phil has never had to build his own team, he's always been provided with talent ANYONE could win with. Very overrated...

Didn't know you were a Boston fan. I don't think coaches sit around looking for bad or dead end teams to work for.
But how come teams like Golden State, Suns, Timberwolves , Kings and Patrick Ewing Nicks didn't win championships? I mean, they all had at one point awesome line ups and by your logic any stiff could have coached them to a ring, right? BTW Phil won 3 rings in a row coming out of the Western Conference too. No need to highlight the significance of that achievement.

And many think the Suns are one of the most talented teams in the league. If they could only hire Phil Jackson now.

btw... nothing personal, I like arguing about basketball and I'm a long time - even the years when we sucked - Laker fan. :love:

s13gold
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
since my team got beat....
SUNS ftw.

'90RPS13
05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
-Mano, yeah nothing personal bro. I dont mind debating Basketball too.

-I am from New England, So, Celtics, Pats, Bruins, and BoSox's I keep up with. Hell Bruins havent had a winning season since I was born. And the Celtics are just, well, BLAH.

-Steve Nash is like my hero, so I practically follow what team he is with.

-Most talented team? I am a huge fan, but believe me, we are far from the MOST talented team. We have plenty of Talent but that doesnt always come with defense. And believe me, we lack it. We are a high scoring team. If Nash is having a bad night, pretty much the team is. Thats not to boast Nash or anything, but he pulls plays out of his ass and usually goes 20+ points w/ ~15 Assists. That alone is 50 points he creates. That is only counting the 15 assists as 2's.

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yup, Nash is an amazing player but I still think that 9 out of 10 times a well executed set offense with good defense would beat a good run-and-gun team. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns do make it out of the West and win it all.
Really, Suns, Utah or Spurs.. any of those teams are great.

Phlip
05-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Allow me to preemptively offer my refusal to play captive audience to a Spurs/Pistons finals.
David Stern and his collection of bullshit rules all seeming to be in place as an attempt to whitewash (yes bitches, I said it) the league by shoving Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, both fundamentally sound players without rap albums, extramarital children or off-season legal flaps (notice how the Blazers, one time playoff STAPLE have been absent for a minute now?), down our fucking throats. They will have effectively given the Spurs the west on a silver fucking platter. "great job, sir, would you like a reacharound with that?"
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Lebron will beat the Pistons, and they're selling the Bulls/Pistons rivalry so heavily ("this young Bulls team against the hardened veteran Pistons) the same fucking way they did 16 or so years ago, when Jordan's baby bulls knocked off the "Bad Boyz" Pistons, that I am becoming physically ill to my damned stomach. They need to drag this "new/old rivalry" out a couple more years though, in hopes that no one will realize that the NBA game on the whole has gone to shit... To sell tickets and merchandise, though they feel they NEED to almost play Lebron up a victim, "always on the verge, but never enough supporting cast," as an excuse that he will always have been just TOO damned good to suck so fucking bad.
Sorry guys, this shit feels fixed to me, like professional fucking wrestling now, I just need to hear Vince McMahon's entrance music to confirm my suspicions.

'90RPS13
05-17-2007, 06:39 PM
haha, dude, I know exactly what you feel Phillip. I have always had suspicions (I know I jacked the spl on that) that pro sports can be fixed. It really pisses me to have to say that but, he we live in a corrupt world, so why not sports too?

ManoNegra
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Lot of hard flagrant fouls in the Utah - Warriors series. No repercussions.
Amare and Diaw (sp?) get suspended for leaving the bench without making any physical contact with anyone.
Wow, wtf are you smoking Stearn?
Getting home late prevents me from watching most Eastern games. Who knew something good could come out of LA rush hour traffic?

Howard92884
05-18-2007, 02:19 AM
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Lebron will beat the Pistons, To sell tickets and merchandise, though they feel they NEED to almost play Lebron up a victim, "always on the verge, but never enough supporting cast," as an excuse that he will always have been just TOO damned good to suck so fucking bad.

Well noone gave the Cavs a chance last year against the pistons and we almost pulled out a series win. As for Lebron he is a great player, and in interviews in the past he has taken blame for not playin well and losing a game. He also has been passin the ball around lately, and a lot of these last games were won by other guys, Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden have stepped up big in the postseason. Of course I am gonna root for the Cavs because they are my hometeam, I still think Detroit is the better team but I wouldn't count the Cavs out.

Chris

Phlip
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
I am not saying he is not a good player, I am saying that he is still a poor decision maker and a clutch-time choker, it has followed him all season.
At some time, he will have to develop a real killer instinct and aim to be winner and not accept being in SportsCenter's "Top 10 Plays" as a consolation prize.
I cannot blame you for pulling for the home team, but remember that I was a Lakers' fan since before the Charlotte Hornets existed, and I cannot stand the owner of the Bobcats, so I will not be pulling for that team unless he sells majority ownership, serious talk. I do, however, try to remain objective in my assessment that Lebron is kinda overrated in that he is actually seeming to put real credence in this "King James" bullshit and is becoming a bit difficult to watch.

Howard92884
05-18-2007, 07:38 AM
I do agree with you that he is a little overrated, and does go for a lot of "showoff" plays. Hopefully he can get over that and score alot of points and help his team win and show everyone how good he really can be, and yeah the "King James" thing is old but I can't blame a guy for riding it out and making the most money he can out of it. You guys probably have a better perspective of whats going on in sports than I do. All the games come on when I'm asleep and I don't have much time to watch TV. Well hopefully the Cavs can close against the Nets tonight.

Edit: Someone should start an NFL thread. :bigok:

Phlip
05-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Edit: Someone should start an NFL thread. :bigok:

These things go in cycles, you will get your NFL thread when it is NFL season, baseball is boring, so those threads don't generally last long

BOROSUN
05-18-2007, 02:24 PM
well, james has been struggling this year, his numbers are down especially his
free throws.you can see it this year, james is letting the team get more involve.

hopefully , their mind set that they cant always depend on him and play
some real team bball. james is always going to be reliable on putting the points
down but, the team has to score also and be consistant. not on and off nights. if they lose, they always point at the star player, anyways.

what they are lacking right now is a real point guard: setting plays/decision maker and Aggressive defence. james and hughes is not a point guard.
the only way they can beat the pistons is out score them and be consistancy.
a fast tempo like the suns could help, but then again cavs doesnt have that speed.

james with his talent, he's never overrated unlike ahem, kobe.
its all about a working team, james already understands that.

remember last year FIBA team usa with allstar team but, mostly a young allstar. lost to greece in the semis, extremely lacking team chemistry and where was the muthafwkn D.
also world basketball is getting better.

Phlip
05-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Until Lebron:
1 - gains the skill to hoist what one deems shitty shots in the clutch and NO ONE question it, and EXPECT them to go in
2 - make free throws consistently, especially in the 4th quarter
3 - learn when to dribble the ball around and when to pass it, and not having being bludgeoned to shit about not passing into making crappy passes
4 - does something tangible with all that athletic ability
... I am calling him overrated

He lacks Kobe's basketball IQ, he lacks Kobe's on-ball defense, he lacks the in-air body control, his killer instinct is more that of a mass murderer who'd rather fire 50 shots to hit 5 people than Kobe's dead-aim sniper. Fact of the matter, here is that he is human, and is showinf just how VERY human he is. His weaknesses are easily exposed, where Kobe's weaknesses are usually those fuckin' tomato cans they put around him.
Lebron is so intent on being "the next Magic and Jordan" and so busy listening to everyone tell him that he has the potential to be that that he is fucking his knees and himself out what could be greatness, more than he has to this point.

BOROSUN
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
he's still young.

people tell him he's great because, he is.

kobe's defence is only good as his mentality, which is "ooh im better than him,
watch me strip him or block him." are you serious though, thinking he's lacking
D, james has great defence. just check out at the stats this year vs kobe
rebounding, steals, blocking. he only needs to be a bit more aggressive.

as for dunks, he's a incredible dunker. i think better then kobe. as for style
wise its simple but, thats his style preference. he doesnt need to do 360s
dunk to prove anything. as for body control, he has plenty but, its all preference in his style.
i rather have his style & vertical than carter's style super body control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePGsyDreZAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrP9-LEf2w

shooting... james is already a good jump shooter from all ranges, but can still
improve &develope over time. ei look at kobe now. if you look at the stats
this year, again. his stats looks a bit better vs kobe (except freethrows%). that stat just means he is controlling his shot selection. its nothing like
how you describe james shooting.

as for free throws needs improvement ,though.i dunno what's up with that.

no way he's overrated. he's been living up to the hype since he cameout of hs. and proving it.

also way better team player.

Howard92884
05-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Cleveland Wins!!! We are in the conference finals for the first time since '92 I think. Everyone root for the underdog!! :fawkd: Detroit.:)

ManoNegra
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Gordon Biersch Marzen - check
Pemmican Premium Cut Peppered Jerky - check
Phoenix vs Spurs - CHECK!

It's on...

*edit* Spurs up by 20 in the 4th!!!

*edit* Nash went nuts but Spurs still lead... it's over!!!!

Phlip
05-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Suns lose, at least SOMETHING good came of this fucking weekend

ALTRNTV
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Spurs vs Jazz. Can anybody say the playoff's most boring series?

Spurs in 5.

Cleveland vs Detroit. It's gonna be a good series I think.

Detroit in 6.

Phlip
05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Spurs vs Jazz. Can anybody say the playoff's most boring series?

Spurs in 5.

Cleveland vs Detroit. It's gonna be a good series I think.

Detroit in 6.

San Antonio vs Detroit will be about as boring as watching fucking paint dry

bboyt3nsk
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Cleveland Wins!!! We are in the conference finals for the first time since '92 I think. Everyone root for the underdog!! :fawkd: Detroit.:)

Yes Yes! It will be a good series...theres good news though....Michael Jordan has retired....bad news is "the curse"! haha jk. Go Cavs.

full house
05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Nice to hear good news to your fab team! T'wolves can't make to the finals

KG fight! Find team mates that could help you dude!

s13gold
05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
jazz are going to win 1 game if they're lucky...the spurs are tooo good to beat.

Phlip
05-22-2007, 12:25 PM
jazz are going to win 1 game if they're lucky...the spurs are tooo good to beat.

Jazz already lost game one.
If they continue to stand in awe of Tim Duncan, they'll be swept before they realize it

OptionZero
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Anyone else here find the Draft lottery more compelling than the remaining playoffs?

Spurs win the championship, ok, let's move on..nothin' to see here.