PDA

View Full Version : Riverside: women killed on wheelchair during street race

RiversideS13
10-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Riversides cops are now aggressively look for racers on the street, so be careful. I got pull over and asked if i am going to a street race (WTF)

CBS) RIVERSIDE, Calif. Two teenage boys were in custody Friday in connection with an apparent street race in a residential neighborhood in which a woman in a wheelchair was killed, police said.

Reyna DeLeon, 38, died around 6 last night when a Volkswagen driven by a 16-year-old boy slammed into her on the sidewalk, according to Riverside police.

The 16-year-old and a 17-year-old in a Honda CRX were speeding north on Olivewood Avenue, near downtown Riverside, around 6 last night when the younger driver lost control, causing the Jetta to veer onto a sidewalk and smash into DeLeon, said Steven Frasher of the Riverside Police Department.

The woman and her wheelchair were dragged down the street until the car crashed into a light pole, he said.

"When you have racing like this, in a densely populated residential section of town, the chances are that much greater that something is going to go wrong, and it did," Frasher said.

The drivers were arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter.

Because of their ages, their names were not released.

"There could be an enhancement to the charges for illegal street racing," Frasher said.

Most street racing occurs in the "industrial parts of the city and Orange Grove areas ... it's a big problem out there," he said. "It's a dumb proposition anytime. Doing it in a residential area is doubly stupid."

Witnesses told The Press-Enterprise that illegal racing in the area where the death occurred has become a serious problem. "It's worrisome," Dulce Vasquez, an area resident, told the newspaper. "Especially when you're walking."

Vasquez pointed out that the street lamp the 16-year-old suspect ran into bore signs of several recent collisions.

DeLeon's neighbors told the P-E that she lived in a nearby apartment complex. Her son apparently heard the crash and ran over to see what had happened, the paper reported.

When he realized it was his mother beneath the wrecked Volkswagen, he tried to get to her, but was held back by onlookers, Vasquez said.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_300162649.html

LB.Motoring
10-31-2006, 12:59 PM
They went to my old highschool, my little brother told me about this!

C. Senor
10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
that sucks for that kid, he couldnt even go to his mom. thats sad. isnt that by rcc?

chr0nik_sm0k3
10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
those guys are fucking retards.. i hope they get what they deserve

LB.Motoring
10-31-2006, 01:16 PM
where it happened? i think it was near RCC,

I just know the kids that went to school and pwnt now....

they should know better,

will keep their names off here, i think my lil brother said who they were etc.

anyways.

Retards.
Mistake.

Pay for it.

LookOut Nick
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
So young their lives are ruined, as they should be.
Stupid Fucks

'90RPS13
10-31-2006, 01:27 PM
^~~~Yep. I 110% agree Nick. *a

sw20>>s14
10-31-2006, 03:45 PM
damn, that last part with the son was a tear jerker...

stupid kids...

articdragon192
10-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow... that's just horrible. Well, theyre gonna get it for sure. They're done.

Flipzide
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
they deserve whatever is coming to them.

i can't believe people are still that stupid.

SiI40sx
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Thats some scary shit, I feel really sorry for them, the hand of the law is going to go down on them really REALLY hard. Poor kids, poor victim, just a terrible incident overall. If i ever saw someone speeding or racing through a residential area, I swear god I would chase them and fuckin beat the crap out of them. Just imagine if that was your mom, this seriously pisses me off...

alwazsidwaz
10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
If you chase them your just as guilty, the best thing is not to instigate. Sad story.

sw20>>s14
10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
shouldnt feel sorry for the kids at all...they knew what they were doing...i hope johnny law makes an example out of them and come down on them ten fold...

Kaotik25
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
only 16...when they get to 18 they're gonna get to meet Tiny, the big guy that loves fish, in the cell..they deserve that shit

SiI40sx
10-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah I dont feel sorry for what they did, I just feel sorry for where their lives are heading for the next few decades. I honestly think there should be bigger restrictions for driving teenagers

cmcdougle
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't think there should be more restrictions, because then it hurts the responsible people. There are only a few stupid ones, so don't make it lame for the rest of us. Besides, the longer you wait to drive, the more excited, and possibly, the more reckless you will be.

Stupid kids, poor grandma, horrible story. If I saw two kids racing like that, I would chase them down too and chew the crap out of them too, but I wouldn't race after them.

crazy9ceguy
10-31-2006, 09:33 PM
holy shit no wonder i saw so many cops, last ngiht i was commin home to my apt on at riverside, saw 2 cops and one stopped in front of me, then followed me into my apt complex after i parked my car, lucky i was already in my apt.

C. Senor
10-31-2006, 09:49 PM
tell me about it i go to school there, cops lately just stare at me, they almost burn a hole in my car staring so hard. yeah it sucks cuz those kids are going to be made an example, so they dont even get to juvi, they get their more than likely 15 in state prison for vehicular man slaughter and whatever else hey decide to throw at them.

gun
10-31-2006, 11:01 PM
those kids better get used to public transportation from now on. that kid should sue both families of the racers, just to fuck up their lives as his may be w/ out his mom. stupidness is acquired, not genetic, stupid fuckin kids...

hitman
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
thats shitty, i feel bad for the kids just becuase they just fucked up half of their lives possibly.

LB.Motoring
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
yah, one mistake, and bam.

EndLeSS8
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
That one mistake caused someone to die in front of her son.

I hope they throw the book at them.

meteorite_flo
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
i bet they just got their license! the dumb fucks. i hope they get what they deserve. this is all fucked up for the other kid that lost his mom.

fliprayzin240sx
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
YaY for street racing in a residential area...

Final words:
"I bet my Jettas faster than your CRX!!!"
"oh yah? my non-vtec 15 yr old single cam wonder of a car will eat you!!"
"oh noesss i lost control of my car cuz of my whooping 87 whp..."

SiI40sx
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
^ Ha, seriously. Like the guy with the M3 that crashed is a little more convincing, but an old bucket losing control? Maybe something broke while he was racing?

s13sr20detsilviastityper
11-03-2006, 12:47 AM
she shouldnt have been streetracing :down:

wickdmarz
11-03-2006, 01:35 AM
gay I hope kids get punished and their names released so maybe i'll make a difference to other punk kids but I'm sure it still wont.

Jung918
11-03-2006, 01:45 AM
The kids f'ed up and need to be responsible for their mistake. However, putting them in prison for a long time will probally make them worse. How many of us didn't do stupid things when we were kids? The only difference is that they got caught and some of us didn't

JtWo
11-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow...why in a neighborhood?

8kred
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
notice all the "RACERS" are dumb shit faced teens in their corollas and civics? come on get some real badasses with faster cars in there already........

JtWo
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
But if they get badass cars, don't you think they'd lose control quicker with all the power? I have a 5spd turbo supra(catback, down pipe, intake) and I still think it's too much power for me.

azndummie
11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
i think id be traumatized for life if my mom died in front of me, but fuck his mom was dragged to death. No amount of money would make up for that