PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher 's final race

kouki_s14
10-22-2006, 12:48 PM
After starting in 10th on the grid, getting a flat, falling back to 18th, then traction control problem(or something of the sort) halfway through the race; he still managed to finish about 6 seconds behind Alonso to be 4th place. He set the fastest sector times and his fastest lap which was almost a second faster than his teammate Massa and over a second fastest than everyone else.

I was hoping for him to win today, especially since he was about to win at Suzuka last time and his engine blew a few laps before the race ended. He really deserved the championship and fought until the very end. He still went out with a bang though, passing Raikkonen the way he did.

Did anyone else watch the race? What did you guys think?

ThatGuy
10-22-2006, 12:54 PM
The end of an Era.
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1531/michaelschumacherjh7.jpg

Mr. Camshaft
10-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Really sucks that he lost those two races due to circumstances he couldn't control.

Brian
10-22-2006, 01:54 PM
FUCK YEAH RENAULT!!!!!
R26 for the victory.......
I was happy to see Massa win though.
and damn MSC did one hell of a job coming back from the probles he had in the race.

jayeighty
10-22-2006, 02:12 PM
it was a great race, he has mad skills, sucks his tire blew, but that pass on Raikkonen was ballsy and amazing.

sideview_180sx
10-22-2006, 02:21 PM
i wonder if this is just a sabbatical(sp?) and he mite return. It would suck to see him have the role like Rick Mears has with penske. Especially when schumi has many years of racing in him, whether its in F1 or not. Massa had an ill-looking suit scheme. Glad for button and his podium finsh, even though he didn't recieve must interest from the TV director and commentators. All in all a good race. Now time to watch champ cars.

revat619
10-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Probably the only reason i really watched F1. Most bad ass driver ever. Period.

chmercer
10-22-2006, 03:26 PM
schumacher is the king, i dont smoke, but he makes me want to burn 20 packs of marlboro a day

Brian
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
^^^
haah even though for a lot of the season people don't even see Marlboro at the race..... nor Lucky Strike, Mild Seven, West...

Tobacco ban is so weak.

SNC240SX
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
After starting in 10th on the grid, getting a flat, falling back to 18th, then traction control problem(or something of the sort) halfway through the race

I came in towards the end so i didnt see the reason why he was so far back. All i knew was that somehow he was dead last and then started to overtake everyone. If there were like 3 more laps it woulda been a crazy battle. Hes a great racer and my reason for buying a vodafone.

wootwoot
10-22-2006, 10:50 PM
He ended on a good note.

!Zar!
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
I was upset I didn't get to watch the race, and finding out what happened did sadden me.

Michael Schumacher is and proved that he is the best racer ever.

Makes me glad to say I've seen him race.

wootwoot
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
I wouldnt call him the best. Just the most successful.
In racing you cant control a lot of the circumstances. This isnt a spec field!

drift freaq
10-23-2006, 02:03 PM
All in all it was a great race. Schumacher gave a great final showing by running fastest lap in the race towards the end. He wanted to win but did not have to win and that was what the fastest lap he set showed. Alonso gave him a great sendoff despite their heated competition over the last few years by saying he was lucky to have raced with man and won two world championships during
Schumachers career.
Do not think of it as the end of a era, a lot of us felt them same way when we lost Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost retired and Nigell Mansell retired. There are some new very promising drivers . Massa is showing his mettle as is Kubica. Alonso is young(though in no way a Schumacher) so we shall see some spirited competition to come. Greats come and go. Always to replaced somewhere along the line by another. Schumacher by far is one of the Greatest and leaves big shoes to fill. We shall see what time delivers.
Did I forget to mention Nico Rosberg(son of the great Keke Rosberg)? Like I said there is some great new talent rising up. While one great has gone there is enough young talent to make the coming Formula one years exciting.
All in all I am very happy with the results of the race and the season. I am looking forward to them going back to the one tire brand formula instead of two different brands spread across the teams. It should level the competition on the tire side.
Heh , maybe Scott Speed will survive(i.e. not get dropped) and become a decent driver.

wootwoot
10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
They are going back to slicks too!

Ghostdrifter
10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Probably the only reason i really watched F1. Most bad ass driver ever. Period.
:werd: I hope for damn sure that Micheal isn't really gone. Because if he is F1 is gonna be alot less interesting

HyperTek
10-23-2006, 09:14 PM
he will go to dtm to keep him busy lol

scottyb
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Michael's tactics sometimes make him hard to like, but he will be sorely missed. I'm just bitter that I started watching F1 late in his career and that I never got to see him race in person.

HyperTek
10-24-2006, 01:22 AM
http://myspace-756.vo.llnwd.net/00422/65/70/422710756_l.jpg

ManoNegra
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Fuel pump problems is what kept his out of the third qualifying period and had to start 10th.
His last drive was exemplary of the kind of driver he was. He was the reason I got into F1 years ago.
I can't wait till next season.
Kimi and Massa at Ferrari should be interesting aswell.

wootwoot - I do call him the best. With all his success, in the good and bad times his determination and skill remained constant. He never blamed his team or mechanics or bad-mouthed them in the press when things didn't go his ways. He is/was a great philantrophist but never seeked publicity out of his charity. Ferrari was a mediocre team when he got to them, put them on his shoulders and went on to organize an F1 dynasty. He just wasn't the best driver, which he was, but he was also a great tactician and politician able to rally a team around him. I want to see Alonso do the same for McClaren now.

BoLLeH
10-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm not saying that he is a bad driver, but if you actually watch the man, he does not recieve flags that other drivers would recieve if they were in his situations. The only person who seems to realize this is ScottyB. But of course, this is a (motor)sport so the majority will look at numbers and make assumptions when at the same time, stars will get away with almost anything. He seemed to be a great person off the track, though so cheers to him. He definitely doesn't touch little boys, run around ravaging women (and little boys), and run around poppin shots into the air. =)

ManoNegra
10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
^ wtf that gave me a headache.

wootwoot
10-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Well Fernando should be kicking himself in the ass multiple times over for switching to McLaren. Look how good they did this year! I think it was said that first time since 1996 they have not had atleast one win in a season. They also had what I consider to be the driver with the most talent

sideview_180sx
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
does anyone else realize that he trained harder and more focused then any other current driver. He had the methodical way of how to win and learn a car better then anyone. There is a reason he drove more laps during the offseason then all of ferrari's tester's and friday drivers combined. The man trained to be a machine, to drive the same every lap, to go faster when needed, to conserve when needed. Sure he had his moments of dirty driving, who hasn't seen alain prost and senna do the same, that was just good racing and it added personality and humility to the sport.

kimi is gonna be a dud, when do you ever see him excited outside of the car. he's the iceman because of his personality, not because of his driving.

wootwoot
10-28-2006, 10:38 AM
^^^thats why I admire Michael.