PDA

View Full Version : SOCAL MEET (ideas?)

DUFFM4N
10-22-2006, 01:40 AM
ok well ive stepped over from the "Honda Scene" and im always lookin to meet new ppl that are interested in the same hobby as i am...and never hurts to make new friends as well...im sure im not the only one who thinks/feels this way

i used to organize many large meets...and i think its time to organize another one...so i want some input from u guys as to...

1. how long in advance would u need to know if u need to get the day off
2. location location location
3. time (during the day seems best)
4. weekend (saturday or sunday)
5. bbq? maybe potluck style (each person brings a certain thing)
6. possible cruise afterward?
7. weekly? monthly? bi-monthly?

let me know what u guys think...and throw out any ideas that u may have

-duffman

turboeic
10-22-2006, 01:01 PM
i'd be down just maybe sat. like in the day weekly but the pot luck monthly and get crunk afterwards

TAMTANIUM
10-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a good plan you have in mind. I'm down for something like this once in a while.

1. 1 week in advance
2. a nice park right next to a freeway exit.
3. during the day is always nice.
4. Saturday or Sunday is fine.
5. How about you open a paypal account and we all chip in for the bbq?
6. I don't like cruising around due to the possibility of getting pull over. But i'm down.
7. Any.

LB.Motoring
10-22-2006, 01:31 PM
my buddy is part of an Audi group which is very orgainized, and becouse of everything planned so well they never get hassled and its fun, they go mountain running etc. its huge, fun and well planned.

i might be down for this, ill see how it turns out/

Drift Motion
10-22-2006, 02:11 PM
1. at least a week
2. somewhere not too fucking far away from me... max 20min drive
3. i like daytime better
4. i like sunday better, but depends
5. no idea
6. sure
7. dont matter

UNITEDMASTER
10-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Hello There will be a meet this SAT OCT 28 Swap meet,car meet & we gonna get it crunk HAHAHA,check out my post,see you there,PEACE

cmcdougle
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello There will be a meet this SAT OCT 28 Swap meet,car meet & we gonna get it crunk HAHAHA,check out my post,see you there,PEACE

Yep, go there. It's all planned.

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 12:48 AM

uhm yea....sounds cool, but try not to thread jack...wanna keep it on ONE topic so no one gets confused

*back on topic*

-well i was thinking during the day on a saturday
-there is a park in Arcadia on Huntington and Santa Anita
(405 S Santa Anita Ave, Arcadia, CA)...very large parking lot...close to the 210 fwy (3 blocks south)
-many of places to each surrounding the area...

ohnobigtdawg
10-23-2006, 01:27 AM
scary... no more meets for me with my car.. tend to have bad luck with the police.. well im down to go, but ill be rollin in my 4runner..

Zetto*
10-23-2006, 02:57 AM
uhm yea....sounds cool, but try not to thread jack...wanna keep it on ONE topic so no one gets confused

*back on topic*

-well i was thinking during the day on a saturday
-there is a park in Arcadia on Huntington and Santa Anita
(405 S Santa Anita Ave, Arcadia, CA)...very large parking lot...close to the 210 fwy (3 blocks south)
-many of places to each surrounding the area...
This is a really good spot.

turboeic
10-23-2006, 10:27 AM
yea it is a good spot. :D so when are we gonna do this.

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 11:51 AM
right now im playing it by ear...cuz i wanna be able to attend, but as of last night...i got a baby due any day now

woodchuck
10-23-2006, 12:12 PM
... but as of last night...i got a baby due any day now

congrats man. just wait til the lil' one pops out. i'm sure zilv and its members will still be around after that.

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
yea im gonna set a date and create a new thread for mid november....but i do have a weekly meet that has already been going on every wednesday night in Pasadena if anyone is interested in attending...its mostly Hondas...but we already have a few S13s and FCs that come out...here is the link with all the info

(Dont let the meet title discourage u from showing up)

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1724471

SimpleSexy180
10-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Mid november sounds dope.

If we have it at a park, it would be best if someone could scope out an EXACT spot for the meet before hand. Then post directions from the entrance to whatever spot is chosen.

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 02:57 PM
i made a quick reference for the park location using a satellite photo off yahoo maps...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/emazingef9/meetmap.jpg

as u can see the huge parking lot on the left of the text box "Santa Anita" all of that parking is available for us to use...and its off main streets and is 3 blocks south of the 210 fwy

ALTRNTV
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I live 5 minutes away from there. I'll go.

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I live 5 minutes away from there. I'll go.

we should meet up sometime...i live in the same area

ALTRNTV
10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I would, but my car is stuck at my mom's house in Oxnard. My damn car overheats and I don't know why. I replaced the thermostat because it was stuck closed. I hate 240s, lol.

turboeic
10-23-2006, 04:35 PM
i live 10 min from there and go by there everyday to work which is like 3min away but mid november isnt good for me but ill try to stop by

Drift Motion
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
im like 5 min away from there too...First Ave
but i have class there the whole day...ill see if i can get out of it for a couple of hours :P

turboeic
10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
i work right there at super A on 6th street

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
i work right there at super A on 6th street

haha my mom shops there sometimes...and i like goin to Jims right there in the same plaza

turboeic
10-23-2006, 05:39 PM
ha no way yea we all go there we get hooked up its pretty tight if you see a champagne s14 its mine:)

DUFFM4N
10-23-2006, 07:09 PM
u should come out to the Diamond Bar meet off Nogales tomorrow or to the pasadena wednesday night meet

trance4mer
10-23-2006, 10:22 PM
count me in ladies, will be my first 240 meet. (also coming from the honda scene)

sideview_180sx
10-23-2006, 11:10 PM
the nice thing with the meet is if you have specific rules and guide lines. As we all know especially from honda meets, it only takes one asshole to doom all those with swaps and mods. Having something that occurs like every 2months would be nice. As it gives people some time to do their daily living and enough time to get a few mods completed b/w meets. Also having something that rotates within a general vicinity so that those who have to drive further away can get a meet closer to them every once in awhile. Also by not pushing it very much, kinda ensures the entire 240 public doesn't show up and it becomes a fiasco. I always wanted to do a beach day, like have 240 owners chill at the beach, ya we can meet up and hang at the beach, less all about cars, and more about the people behind the cars.

trance4mer
10-23-2006, 11:17 PM
corona del mar FIRE PITS!!

turboeic
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
well i would go but o work on wed. til 11:15 :(

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 12:42 AM
the nice thing with the meet is if you have specific rules and guide lines. As we all know especially from honda meets, it only takes one asshole to doom all those with swaps and mods. Having something that occurs like every 2months would be nice. As it gives people some time to do their daily living and enough time to get a few mods completed b/w meets. Also having something that rotates within a general vicinity so that those who have to drive further away can get a meet closer to them every once in awhile. Also by not pushing it very much, kinda ensures the entire 240 public doesn't show up and it becomes a fiasco. I always wanted to do a beach day, like have 240 owners chill at the beach, ya we can meet up and hang at the beach, less all about cars, and more about the people behind the cars.

:werd: ...as with all my meets that i organize, i set a strict set of rules and guidelines...if someone is doing something that they arent supposed to be doing, it doesnt even have to be in their car...i have no problem asking them to leave

and before planning the second one...i plan on asking for feedback as to when the next date/time/location should be...

beach idea would be good, but more around the spring/summer times :D

thanx for the input

Zetto*
10-24-2006, 12:58 AM
u should come out to the Diamond Bar meet off Nogales tomorrow or to the pasadena wednesday night meet
Everyone knows the Friday night Arcadia meet is where it's at.

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 10:12 AM
ok...but thats on friday...im talking about today and tomorrow

hazw8st
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
scary... no more meets for me with my car.. tend to have bad luck with the police.. well im down to go, but ill be rollin in my 4runner..

Thats why i roll my cbr1000 instead......

turboeic
10-24-2006, 12:08 PM
the diamond bar meet you mean TAB tuesdays its off nogales i go there every week but go to the albertsons lot

max2damax
10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
the key for a good meet, where a lot of people show up its to find a central location, so everyone drives around the same distance, in this case i think its anaheim, so people from orange c, la county and riverside county show up. just my .02

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
the diamond bar meet you mean TAB tuesdays its off nogales i go there every week but go to the albertsons lot

u should to the spot just south of that on Nogales and La Puente Road at the CVS Pharmacy...

but i think the first meet for the one im planning will be at the park in arcadia..then after i will move it move down towards the OC area

turboeic
10-24-2006, 12:48 PM
alright ill stop by today

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
w0rd...just look for my S14, u can tell its mine by the plate :P

turboeic
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
what time do you roll out at

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
well i dont know if im gonna be going just yet...just got a call from my ex, she thinks her water just broke so shes on her way to the hospital to see whats going on

turboeic
10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
no way good luck bro

DUFFM4N
10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
false alarm...for now, but i usually start heading out around 8, cuz me and a few friends like to go eat at the Thai place in the same plaza before it closes

ALTRNTV
10-24-2006, 03:23 PM
This is like the DUFFM4N and turboeic thread, lol. Set up a meet for that park, I'll be there if my car's running in time.

turboeic
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
oh sorry sir wont do that again

ALTRNTV
10-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Do what? I didn't say you couldn't talk to each other. :bigok:

max2damax
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
thread jacking at its finest.:D use pm.

turboeic
10-24-2006, 03:48 PM
oh again sorry will remember that ha yah

ALTRNTV
10-24-2006, 04:04 PM
^
Banned from Zilvia.

turboeic
10-24-2006, 04:32 PM
what why what did i do

ALTRNTV
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I kid, I kid. ;)

HyperTek
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
i find meets soo borring now.. nothing new.. all lookin at the same car with teh same type of tune... i mean it sucks!! cant even go extreme on your car and be street legal... I wanna see some extreme shit, like fully caged cars, race inspired functional aero, fully built motors etc... but since no one can do that on a daily driver, why bother lol.

but then again my car is pretty built up now,.. i used to love goin to the meets back in 02-03 just to admire all the big timers of teh 240 scene with thier nice cars (which were pretty built up back then). back when nitekids, alex chang, jdmrice and olds13 would go. back when Socal240sx was existant.

I did go to honda meets just to be the odd ball of the pack.

If we gonna have a meet, we gotta base it around something. I say something like fairmont park in riverside (its really a pretty nice park inside), I think we could pull it off. Then later in the evening, we all go karting at http://adamskarttrack.com/ which is just down the street. =D

So the meet will be tons of fun!!
nice park area safe for the family
you could take nice pics in front of the green lake lol
http://www.tunerbase.com/carsale/lake.JPG
http://www.tunerbase.com/temp/promo1.JPG
and then finish it off with some karting!!! (this aint that gay dromo 1 indoor type shit either)

Perferrably a sunday for karting, since after 5pm is when they open the full track * its $35*
monday -saturday is the short track layout but its only $25

max2damax
10-24-2006, 09:51 PM
NOW, thats what im talking about +1 on that ^^^

Zetto*
10-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Thats a pretty far drive for me. However the karting might just make it worth it.

Louiesx
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I want to go to the Honda meet at Starbucks, but i wanted to know what time you guys meet.

DUFFM4N
10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
the meet is set to start at 8...but ppl start showing up around 8:30ish definately something to check out...all types of cars out there, really chill and dont have to worry about the cops as long as ur not doing anything stupid, becuz the ppl at the meet WILL ask u to leave

ixfxi
10-25-2006, 02:58 PM
i find meets soo borring now.. nothing new.. all lookin at the same car with teh same type of tune... i mean it sucks!! cant even go extreme on your car and be street legal... I wanna see some extreme shit, like fully caged cars, race inspired functional aero, fully built motors etc... but since no one can do that on a daily driver, why bother lol.

but then again my car is pretty built up now,.. i used to love goin to the meets back in 02-03 just to admire all the big timers of teh 240 scene with thier nice cars (which were pretty built up back then). back when nitekids, alex chang, jdmrice and olds13 would go. back when Socal240sx was existant.

amazing how much more chill times were back then. i was one of the first to stop going to meets, because of dave longo and diego.

HAHAHA okokokok just joking. :-)

actually i stopped going once i noticed people would walk up to my car and not bother saying whats up, instead.. they just come up to me and ask where i bought something. its like hey, wake up.. first of all, i have a name and a face.. second of all, i made the fucking shit.. so quit being a tool.

i dunno.. cars started getting stolen more and more (and still do, as you all notice). funny how times have changed...

but anyway, i think one day meets will be good again. its just a matter of time before it all dies down and something else becomes more popular. drifting and 240's are dreamer cars for people, whereas before they were girl cars that were unstable.. and weaker RWD version of the Z. comedy.

funny thing about the 240's i see today, they're all in dumpy condition. everyone has paid for Z brakes and an SR nowadays, yet only the true enthusiasts actually research what they do and upgrade with care. i see cars with silvia headlamps (wrong optics for US roads), wide fenders that dont fit (who cares, right?), and FN01RC's look like factory wheels to me, as common as they are now.

oh well.... gotta do your own thing, not what everyone else is doing.

DUFFM4N
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
thank u for joining us on Dr Phil =|