PDA

View Full Version : How Leet is "West End Alingment" ??

SiI40sx
10-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Yea i got my appointment set for nov 1 so i can finally go all drift happy all over the country since i havent been driving my car in like FOREVER due to fucked up rear alingment and well, I finally found this shop and Im hoping for the best. I hear great things about Darren and have read good things on other forums. Any of you guys have experience with him touching your suspension modified 240s?? Ill definately update this thread after he handles and let you guys know how it went, 12 days and counting!!!

nrg
10-20-2006, 03:07 AM
I got my car done by him last year around this time. He is very cool; make sure you show up ON TIME!! I was 20mins early and he started early. He will just tell you to pull your car in and on top of the machine, and then ask you how you want it set; he can also suggest some tips too. You just sit in the driver seat the whole time. He took about 30-40mins I think. Everything is done by hand and very accurate. He will then tell you to test drive it and see how you like it. All adjustment is done until you're satisfied; it can take hours if you want. He knows every single aftermarket parts and handles them very well. There should be no problem trusting him. He likes riding dirt bikes too hah.

DoriftoPnoy
10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Cool my name is Darren. I'm flattered by the nice comments. lol. Where is this place located exactly?

***edit***

Seems some people think I'm actually that Darren who does alignments. Unfortuantely i'm not. sorry for the confusion

koukikat180sx
10-20-2006, 09:40 AM
a couple of my friends go there. he said they're the shit.

A Spec Products
10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
They are good, very big following in the aftermarket scene.

They have a REALLY good reputation, and they do good work but its not like if you don't go to West End you are fucked. I used to go to Darren when I lived on the west side. Back then though I didn't really need a serious alignment cause I had no idea what I was doing anyway.

I would recommend going to JC Auto House in Temple City, esp since you are in MPK (closer)

Ask for Cyrus, he also will mount tires (stretch or not) and not fuck up your shit like a lot of other places. Costs more but worth it.

JC Auto House
9237 Lower Azusa Rd, Unit O
Temple City, CA 91780

ph 626-287-7781
fax 626-287-3345

usdm180sx
10-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Darren is the man. He aligned my car several times. He does alignments for all kinds of race clubs. He'll actually have you sit in the car as he does the alignment to ensure proper weight distribution. He also installs suspension bits and does corner balancing.

articdragon192
10-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Another good palce would be Hiro's in Costa Mesa. They don't cornerbalance, but they do awesome alignments. He will ask what you want to do with your car, and give you some suggesed settings, or you ca come in and give them the settings you want and they'll do it.

usdm180sx
10-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Another good palce would be Hiro's in Costa Mesa. They don't cornerbalance, but they do awesome alignments. He will ask what you want to do with your car, and give you some suggesed settings, or you ca come in and give them the settings you want and they'll do it.

:werd: Yep Koji at Hiro's is good too. He used to work for HKS when he lived in Japan, not to mention he also works on the RS-R drift cars as well. I saw him at Fomula D working on the RS-R s15.

Ricks15
10-20-2006, 08:43 PM
HOw much does a good alingment cost? I got one in East LA and man o man:duh: :duh: :duh: those indios didn't even fix my car that well.

usdm180sx
10-20-2006, 09:17 PM
For front and rear with adjustable arms I paid $90. He also has different settings.

b4racing
10-21-2006, 11:48 PM
give us an update when you get done.

hybrid_eg
10-22-2006, 03:53 AM
he's an excellent guy! you can rest assured you are in great hands!

sicarius82
01-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Hiro's in costa mesa does an awesome job with alignments. they are usually booked 3-4 days out. they even align D-1 cars. saw a couple in the shop while my 240 was being aligned by Koji...who is also the poop... great place, and the price is well worth it. they even roll fenders for a good price as well.

KA24DESOneThree
01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
My last real alignment was at West End. Darin is pretty damn good, although from my experience he's a tad bit conservative with the settings.

Make sure you don't forget anything in setting up your appointment. He'll (justly) make you come back.

Wei240
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
so true, when i was asking for -2 camber, darrin sp? at west end said that "oh, that's race settings", hahaha

articdragon192
01-08-2007, 01:46 AM
2 degrees isn't too bad.

Wei240
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
2 degrees isn't too bad.

not at all, but he's pretty conservative, seems to like stock settings, so if anything is a little above/below stock specs, he thinks you race...