PDA

View Full Version : help please, early fuel shut off in all gears ka24e!

carolina240
10-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Long story short, i have a ka24e. The motor has a slightly built bottom end, and minor head work, venom injectors, cai, headers, cat back. My rev limiter is not working properly, it shuts my fuel off instead of cutting spark at 6,500 rpm in second gear. I think it will do the same in first and third gears but I haven't tried. The car aslo shuts the fuel off at 4,000 rpm in 4th and 5th gears. I know i have a bad 4th gear sensor, and my speedo quit working in the cluster (new sensor, etc...). The car used to have a properly functioning rev limiter and only shut down fuel in 5th gear even with a bad 4th gear sensor. If anyone has any ideas please help me. I have searched and haven't found anything that quite fits my situation. Thanks

Nuisance Crew
10-17-2006, 06:10 PM
check this thread for some idea's,
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=118427

it seems any problem with your speedo, or the wiring can cause shutoffs, you also may want to just unplug your 4th and 5th gear sensors at the tranny. it your speedometer doesn't work, swap one from a working cluster, or there may be a way to just bypass it and wire the VSS to your ECU, but used clusters are pretty cheap. just some ideas, hope that helps.
JD

breakindrifts
10-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I had the same problem with my 90'. Started happening when I unplugged the speed sensor. Plugged it back in and now its fine. ALL the other trans sensors I dont have in, just speed sensor.

theicecreamdan
10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
fuel cut-off is the way the 240 limits rev.

unplug 4th and 5th gear sensors. I had a bad 5th gear sensor and got cut-off around where you are being shut down at. Its Nissan's way of limiting your speed. It thinks that you are in one of those gears all the time, so the ECU cuts fuel so you don't go crazy dangerous speeds.

carolina240
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try to unplug 4th and 5th. The wires have decayed from my 4th so it's already unhooked. I tried to fix the wires and hook it back up the other day to fix my problem, but I think I just pissed the computer off even more. My ecu is definately flashing a 14 which is "vehicle speed sensor circuit open". All of the rest of the 240's i know of seem to manage the rev limiter by spark or something b/c you hear them pop at redline. My car just cuts fuel like it does when it shuts off fuel at 115. I hit redline and my car just lags there until rpms drop down to about 2,000. Will an HKS SLD fix this problem with out fixing any vss's or getting an new guage cluster since it is supposed to stop fuel shut off. Again Thanks

Nuisance Crew
10-18-2006, 01:22 PM
there also may be a short in your 4th gear (or 5th) in which case you would need to find and fix the short, or just clip the wire at the ECU. after you make repairs/unplug sensors, make sure to clear your codes before making a test run.