PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Earthquake!!!!

drifter808
10-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Ho that shit was scary. Happened at 7:07 am and was 6.6. I live near the epicenter and so much stuff in my house broke. plenty windows, none of my doors line up anymore, all family photos, My roof almost collapsed in an area. All my tools on this shelf i had fell off. I think Oahu still no more power but on Big Island most of us get.Any other hawaiians like post there experience's?

BOROSUN
10-15-2006, 04:36 PM
ooh shit was it really a 6.6.
im goin to check the news.

blu808
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Glad you guys are ok. Hope not too many people got hurt.

mrmephistopheles
10-15-2006, 05:28 PM
ZOMG I bet it has to do with the filming of LOST.
I bet that was another discharge! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG.

:keke:

Hope nobody got hurt.

wootwoot
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Hope you have house insurance!!

A Spec Products
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah my dad called me this morning about it.

My family is on Oahu but fortunately nothing happened. Power is still out on Oahu last I checked.

Glad to hear that you are ok cause the Big Island got hit pretty hard on the west side.

ms!3
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
that sucks. i was in an earthquake in cali once. it was a low 7. pretty scary. glad you guys are ok.

A Spec Products
10-15-2006, 07:36 PM
that sucks. i was in an earthquake in cali once. it was a low 7. pretty scary. glad you guys are ok.

We are due here in Socal for a huge one.

I'm not looking forward to it.

drifter808
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah no one got hurt according to local news. just bumps and bruises. I was like 50 miles away from the epicenter and it was hard. Couple hotels got evacuated and my workplace closed since all the glassware broke. They had some pics on the local news of some of the damage and its mostly just landslides and boulders.

qt_240
10-16-2006, 01:16 AM
yeah i just called my cousin and friends.. they're all okay .. there were no reported deaths.. and it seems to be all property damage.. hey Driter808 are near Hilo ??

ALTRNTV
10-16-2006, 01:22 AM

:bite:

I am also not lookin forward to it.

LB.Motoring
10-16-2006, 01:22 AM

Yep, I remmber in the late 90's there would be earthquakes quite often... I remmber them all

dudemattbored
10-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Ho that shit was scary. Happened at 7:07 am and was 6.6. I live near the epicenter and so much stuff in my house broke. plenty windows, none of my doors line up anymore, all family photos, My roof almost collapsed in an area. All my tools on this shelf i had fell off. I think Oahu still no more power but on Big Island most of us get.Any other hawaiians like post there experience's?
ah man sorry to hear about the house. im in oahu and it wasnt to bad power was out for about 11 hours and had heavy rain but not huge damage. waikiki was pitch black, never thought id see that 0.o

SiI40sx
10-16-2006, 02:27 AM
:bite:

I am also not lookin forward to it.

i dont really care i just dont want to be doing the wrong things when it happens, in the bathroom, in a underground parking lot, having sex, MAD burn....

ALTRNTV
10-16-2006, 03:22 AM
^
That reminds me of the 94 Northridge quake. My friend was in the bathroom doing his business when it hit. :keke:

Vatche
10-16-2006, 04:07 AM
ROFL. thats fucking hilarious.

the big one is coming, i had 2 nightmares this week about one and i didnt know hawaii got hit....were all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itchyfin
10-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Man didn't know about dis one I need to call my family on the Big Island an Hilo and see how they doing...

drifter808
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I live in honokaa. It's like 40 miles before hilo and 20 miles after Waimea. This is by far the biggest quake i have ever been through. We get earthquakes alot from the volcano but this one kept getting stronger and stronger. Im never forgetting it thats for sure. I dont know if Oahu has power yet or not but i'll find out today.

koukikat180sx
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
hope you're ok... :( earthquakes are scary shit.

exitspeed
10-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Man i'm glad we don't have earthquakes here.

At least your OK. The rest of that stuff can be replaced and repaired.

meteorite_flo
10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
holy shit. my cousin's stay in oahu. i will tell my mom to call them asap. she told me about it. but i didn't think it'll be a 6.6 that's crazy.

kawika219
10-16-2006, 04:11 PM
I was pissed cause i missed the excitement...i slept through the WHOLE thing hahahahaha...i woke up at 10:30am and i thought we just had a blackout...it was crazy...im in mililani and there was a pocket of 20 houses or so that didnt get power for over 27hours...it sucked big balls...damnit

ManoNegra
10-16-2006, 04:58 PM
^ I've done that too, slept through a few Earthquakes. My roommate in College had to wake me up to evacuate the dorm for the 94 quake.

So no casualties, only material damage?

Zilvia: it's where I get my news.

drifter808
10-16-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah mostly all property damage. Kawika you must sleep like a rock. I woke up right when it started vibrating and it just got worse and worse. They said on the news that a 6.6 is equivalent to like 25,000 nuclear bombs. i dunno what a nuclear bomb feels like so i dont know how accurate that is. Had some pics on the news of peoples rock walls falling, and boulders on the road. Hawaii also has a strict building code when it comes to earthquake bracing so i guess thats why alot of houses are ok.

kawika219
10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
yeah mostly all property damage. Kawika you must sleep like a rock. I woke up right when it started vibrating and it just got worse and worse. They said on the news that a 6.6 is equivalent to like 25,000 nuclear bombs. i dunno what a nuclear bomb feels like so i dont know how accurate that is. Had some pics on the news of peoples rock walls falling, and boulders on the road. Hawaii also has a strict building code when it comes to earthquake bracing so i guess thats why alot of houses are ok.
ya i do sleep like a rock haha, not even an earthquake can wake up this 240lbs beast:duh: ...i always heard that hawaii has some of the most solid structures...

blu808
10-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Yea i grew up in the santa cruz mountains and went to loma preitta school. which was the epicenter of the 1989 8.1 quake. i will never forget that. we are long over due for a larger one too. i hope no one gets hurt.

kawika219
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
was another aftershock today...something like a 4.something

drifter808
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
i felt that one to. was like 5:30 or something. Than had a tremor a few hours later, at least i felt one. After driving to work last night and looking at all the damage on the road, theres alot. Some huge boulders pushed off to the side of the road and just debris everywhere. Not to mention had flash flood warning last night for Big Island and it was pooring.

And Kawika if you didn't know im Derek_SR on forums hawaii.

kawika219
10-17-2006, 06:09 PM
i felt that one to. was like 5:30 or something. Than had a tremor a few hours later, at least i felt one. After driving to work last night and looking at all the damage on the road, theres alot. Some huge boulders pushed off to the side of the road and just debris everywhere. Not to mention had flash flood warning last night for Big Island and it was pooring.

And Kawika if you didn't know im Derek_SR on forums hawaii.
oh snap what up...dont sell your car

drifter808
10-17-2006, 06:53 PM
yeah i dont think i am. No one in hawaii wants to spend that much for a nissan but if it was a honda would be gone quick. But oh well more fun for me.

miucus
10-17-2006, 07:11 PM

I heard its going to be around an 8.5 which is really going to suck

ONYX S-13
10-18-2006, 09:49 AM
For some reason earthquakes are fun... I think there's something wrong with me in the head... I've never met anyone else that said "It's so fun having my house sway from side to side and me not having anywhere to go."

I've lived in cali all my life and not once have I been scared during an earthquake.. I just remember me thinking " Is my apartment on wheels?" That Northridge one hit pretty hard.

I'm twisted.. I know :(

kawika219
10-19-2006, 04:36 AM
For some reason earthquakes are fun... I think there's something wrong with me in the head... I've never met anyone else that said "It's so fun having my house sway from side to side and me not having anywhere to go."

I've lived in cali all my life and not once have I been scared during an earthquake.. I just remember me thinking " Is my apartment on wheels?" That Northridge one hit pretty hard.

I'm twisted.. I know :(
i actually wanna experience one...just as long as no one gets hurt