PDA

View Full Version : Northern Nevada Drift?

ka30det
10-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Anyone know of any events or competetions or anything going on out here? just moved from socal.

LasVegasS14
10-18-2006, 12:41 PM
There is no northern Nevada drifting meets or comps or anything..there is NV240SX.org..but we are all based in Las Vegas..ironically 75% of NV240 is from California.

cmcdougle
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
at least there are long desert roads with nobody on them to cruise on . . . I guess. (at least, that is how I imagine it. . . for all I know, it could be mountainy or whatever).

LasVegasS14
10-18-2006, 12:55 PM
as a matter of fact, the roads are all flat and straight...there is a couple of freeways here in nevada that have "No Speed Limit" signs, but thats in the middle of nowhere...there aren't that many mountain roads...at least not in Vegas..when i lived in the Bay Area, goin to Tahoe and Reno was nice but when i went to college in LA I loved the city of Azusa and Glendora...every night was a hop and a skip away from GMR

cmcdougle
10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
I want to go to GMR sometime. . .

No speed limit? I'm there! haha

just drift on the roads when nobody's there. . . kinda like a parking lot, i guess. . .

ka30det
10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
i miss the GMR, i used to live in Upland before i moved to Reno. I have 2 good touge spots about 15min from each other though. Mt Rose is mostly 3rd gear stuff, you can straight mob 100+ around some of the bends, and then theres Gieger Grade, which is preaty dope i must admit, think of it as a desert Gmr, with rails to keep you from dieing. But theres hellof traffic durrin the day.

ka30det
10-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes On Prop 7!!!!!!

Agamemnon
10-20-2006, 08:04 PM
there aren't that many mountain roads...
You are crazy to think there arent a lot of mountain roads. Reno is practically built in the sierra mountain face.

Mt.Rose is good "course", but potholes and heavy traffic make it too risky for me. Gieger grade is a joke with all the sand that piles up on the road. There are some great back roads near Truckee CA and up highway 89.

As for the original poster, no, you wont find any drift events in in northern Nevada. There is a small drift community here in Reno. As for compititions, you'll have to make trips into Norcal for those.

ka30det
10-20-2006, 08:27 PM
^ man have you seen the Fernley Road Course, 4.3miles of beautifull elevation changes, and chicanes. We need to organize a track day or sommmmmmmmmmeeeeeethhhhhiiiiiiiiingg.

Agamemnon
10-21-2006, 12:48 AM
^ man have you seen the Fernley Road Course, 4.3miles of beautifull elevation changes, and chicanes. We need to organize a track day or sommmmmmmmmmeeeeeethhhhhiiiiiiiiingg.
Find the local subaru club online. They have the hook-up on all the track days.

S14Josh
10-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Honestly, there is no events in nevada it seems. Nobody in vegas like to house drifting events unless they are making mad cash for it. in the past month we have had 3 events pulled from underneath of us on the day of the event.

b4racing
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Can i go up there and register my car with your home of record?

LasVegasS14
10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
You are crazy to think there arent a lot of mountain roads. Reno is practically built in the sierra mountain face.

Mt.Rose is good "course", but potholes and heavy traffic make it too risky for me. Gieger grade is a joke with all the sand that piles up on the road. There are some great back roads near Truckee CA and up highway 89.

As for the original poster, no, you wont find any drift events in in northern Nevada. There is a small drift community here in Reno. As for compititions, you'll have to make trips into Norcal for those.

Hey..you didn't read my entire post..."...there aren't that many mountain roads...at least not in Vegas..when i lived in the Bay Area, goin to Tahoe and Reno was nice"

As for SoCal ( i liked GMR and Asuza, cuz those were the only two roads i knew) when i was goin to school at CPP.

I'd agree, you'd have to go to DD NorCal for comps...

S14Josh: don't worry I think, drift-clinic might have a back up plan if possible...(btw: i was one of the paid drivers foundation members who sat outside with ya the day our event got cancelled)