PDA

View Full Version : Speculate: What If Zilvia Was Reset?!

tacotacotaco
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM
So sitting at my desk not having zilvia up and running. The thought popped up what if All of the contents records and history on zilvia was deleted. What would happen?

I think a new hierarchy would be born as a power struggle ensued between Pre 2005 members and post 2005 members. No noobs would know of the oldschool because they would no longer have their existent rep heritage or post count. What if all the OG's left and zilvia became a wasteland of noobs and fell by the wayside even worse than nico.

DISCUSS and SPECULATE!!!!!

IRVINE MEET FTW!!!

exitspeed
10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Are you saying that Fresh Alloy is planning to hack into Zilvia and destroy EVERYTHING!?!?!?!

I know...I'm an instigator.

Actually I had that happen on another forum I'm on. It really sucked. Obviously it would be more catastophic if it happened here. :bite:

LB.Motoring
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
the world would collapse in apun it self, if thats what your talking about :keke:

fliprayzin240sx
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
It wouldnt matter to me since im selling my car!!!

K im kidding, the influx of information in here will be lost and imma have to resort to goin back to NICO, 240sxforum, freshalloy, club240sx, and 4895729047 other S-chassis related forums out there. Considering how much time of my day i waste in here, imagine me wasting it in 6 other forums. One forum to waste my day is more than enough.

phantom lord
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
So sitting at my desk not having zilvia up and running. The thought popped up what if All of the contents records and history on zilvia was deleted. What would happen?

there'd be newbie questions out the ass because they couldn't search....

oh, wait...:fawkd:

TheSquidd
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
A lot of crap will have been flushed down the toilet, and we can start anew with a better system of forums, posts, stickies and gay rep.

LB.Motoring
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
gay rep :keke:

If zilvia blew up, uhhhh I would be going to lunch right now -__-

ALTRNTV
10-09-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd transfer over to Honda-Tech. :keke:

Yuri
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
If Zilvia were to reset.... it wouldn't change the cars we own. And most of us would still know who's who.

So It would just be a bunch of hardass newbs vs clueless newbs.

I'm pretty sure Dousan with 5 posts would behave the same as a Dousan with 104,190,148 posts.

And having no rep wouldn't affect ThatGuy's or Phlip's banning powers.

Eh, maybe I'd just start on my post-apocalyptic mad max style car and let all the 240 guys argue amongst themselves, haha.

MELLO*SOS
10-09-2006, 01:13 PM
that's why you make backups of your database and code. :doh: We'd be out a lot of good content, but what information is here that hasn't been discussed elsewhere? Aside from some specific topics (and of course the knowledgable members), it seems most 240 info has been beaten to death elsewhere too.

Another non-240 forum I used to read on that had tons of information had their equipment siezed in feb and it hasn't been online since :(. It really sucks to lose an info source like that...

Backups and mirrors ftw

tacotacotaco
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Id like to see 240 truck conversions trolling around with 50 cal machineguns on them. HA zilvia should switch to a black scheme to fan the fires of an apocalyptic collapse of zilvia. I think ive been reading to many off topic posts about war russia and the new cold war. N Korea and crazy kim setting off nuclear weapons.

exitspeed
10-09-2006, 01:29 PM
the world would collapse in apun it self, if thats what your talking about :keke:

Here is an artist rendition of such an event...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/Black-hole.jpg

Ritz S14
10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
What if everyone changed their Username? haha

exitspeed
10-09-2006, 02:15 PM
We should have a day were all the premie's change user names with someone randomly and we all have to try to figure out who each on eis by the end of the day! That would be fun...

HyperTek
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
i would have track titles under my belt, thus the reign of forum badass know-it-all noob killer superiority.. oh wait nvm i thought thats what zilvia was about?

hahah

would make no difference really. all the premium members would be so outta luck teheheh I hear its like joining the country club and getting all the benefits lol =D

LB.Motoring
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
We should have a day were all the premie's change user names with someone randomly and we all have to try to figure out who each on eis by the end of the day! That would be fun...

im down with it! hahahaha when it returns to normal, It still will be your posts etc. We could have a dedicated thread were you "hint"

hahaha damn I would have so much fun with this one.... :keke:

+1 VOTE YES! ^_^

Phlip
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Premium members, meet me in the premium section, I have an idea

LB.Motoring
10-09-2006, 11:20 PM
okiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee

NemeGuero
10-09-2006, 11:23 PM
To the bat cave!

and if Zilvia crashed.. I can't say with certainty that I would come back.

blackflag_Rms13
10-09-2006, 11:38 PM
To the bat cave!

and if Zilvia crashed.. I can't say with certainty that I would come back.
Philip would just ban you :wavey::eek3d:

mr_240sx
10-09-2006, 11:46 PM
well if zilvia crashed, the premies would still be alive in our bomb shelter while all the newbs would die!

to the blue bomb shelter i go!................

SochBAT
10-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Who's coming to my house?

CKAMC
10-10-2006, 12:17 AM
We acually had a problem over here on Az240sx.org during a forum upgrade.... We lost a lot of data and random stuff that when you go search for it... well its gone.

On the bright side there is more server space ;)

!Zar!
10-10-2006, 12:21 AM
It's funny how only the premies care what happens to zilvia for the most part.

Zetto*
10-10-2006, 12:36 AM
It should be safe to assume the Zilvia staff make regular backups of the forum database. Therefore we should lose no less than a few days to a few hours of posts.

LB.Motoring
10-10-2006, 12:42 AM
you would think so huh? :keke:

kandyflip445
10-10-2006, 04:57 AM
What if everyone changed their Username? haha

Yeah, like that guy smog tech back in the day.... ;)

mrmephistopheles
10-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Yeah, like that guy smog tech back in the day.... ;)

Yeah I hated that dude I'm glad he left... wait waht? SOMEONE CHANGED HIS NAME?~!!!??!?!?!!

:keke:

Side note: I totally hate ThatGuy because he catches all my mistakes.

ThatGuy
10-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Side note: I totally hate ThatGuy because he catches all my mistakes.

Well, if that's how you're going to be. I hate you too. :mephfawk:

Neejay
10-10-2006, 06:47 AM
If Zilvia were to reset.... it wouldn't change the cars we own. And most of us would still know who's who.

I'm pretty sure Dousan with 5 posts would behave the same as a Dousan with 104,190,148 posts.

Eh, maybe I'd just start on my post-apocalyptic mad max style car and let all the 240 guys argue amongst themselves, haha.
You hit all the good points. lol

/thread

Gnnr
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM

lol at the hardass newbs part. :D