PDA

View Full Version : GReddy BOV will not open as much as I want.

Silvia240sxxx
10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Has anyone else have this problem with this paticular BOV? Its the newer model...the Greddy Type RS. The chrome and Blue one, duel spring. blah blah blah

All i get is compressor surge..and that sound really makes me cringe..i dont like it at all. I've tried a few things to try to make it open up...loosening it all the way....removing one of the springs.. I'm really thinking about getting a diff BOV...this is the only one i've had so i'm not sure if a new one will fix the problem. I have heard a few things about the BOV is meant for high HP.

Also I'm thinking...maybe cuz I'm running so low psi..but in my opinon...if theres enough pressure to have compressor surge...the BOV should let that excess pressure out. I dont like it hitting the blade and slowing it down.

But I'm running only 4psi right now btw. Went to the dyno and this stock KA at 4psi put out 208 rwhp and 234 ft.lbs of torque...but thats a different story. Anyways..i want to fix my BOV problem..maybe you guys can help...I'm interesested in getting a diff BOV...but it would suck if I put a new one on...and had the same problem

Any sugesstions?? Thanks

Oh yea...also I have an 92 KA24DE-t

3_hun_zx
10-04-2006, 09:42 PM
i had the same problem when i bought a used blitz bov, all i got was compresser surge, i disassembled it, found that it was ceased completly shut and wouldnt open, all i did was soak it in a lil WD40 and then just got a small c-clamp and forced it open no problem, once the cease was broken i was able to open it with my fingers so i threw it back on my car and its worked fine ever since

Silvia240sxxx
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Hmmm...maybe i should take it off again...and see how the movement is... I was able to compress it with my thumbs...but it would definatly take a lot of pressure..wasn't the easiest thing to push in...but maybe its meant to be that stiff.