PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Hills!!

Team Rootbeer
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
alright, i know alot of Zilvia's population is on the Cali coast, soo, i figured theres gotta be a few on here that skate. I was born and raised on the coast (even though im landlocked right now:rant2:) , and grew up rippin'. I got my 1st longboard at 9yrs old, and havent gotten off it since! i love this thing, and the whole longboarding scene.....

so, with that said, discuss and post pics here!

my weapon of choice:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/teamslideshow/skateitnow002.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/teamslideshow/skateitnow001.jpg

ALTRNTV
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I used to skate back when I was a freshman in high school.('99). I had a Birdhouse board with some Independent trucks. I fell once doin' a nosegrind on this rail at my school and fractured my arm. I stopped skating after that. :keke:

http://www.deepsixintl.com/store/images/thumbs/Birhouse%20decks%202005.jpg

I had E.

LB.Motoring
09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
LOL, simon, i never bought name brand lol, I use to have a skate shop hook it up on their boards, so thats what i used... :keke:

they never lasted more than a week back in the day anyways :P

Team Rootbeer
09-28-2006, 06:05 PM
^hell yeah, always nice to have a hookup, too bad all the shops i know folks at are back at home =(

so no longboarders yet? hmm........

Dorifto89
09-28-2006, 07:30 PM
My buddy collects and rides them. When I'm back home I can get a picture of his collection...super high quality and fun to ride boards.

wootwoot
09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I love bombing hills on my bmx. The best part about riding is going fast! Some skateparks you can absolutely fly around and you dont even know how big/fast some of the dirt jumps(we call them trails) get. Some of the lips are only 2 feet tall but the landings are 20feet away! Then some other ones are 10 foot tall with 5 foot gaps but launch you straight up big time. Like if you dont pull up and back hard you are going to land on flat ground. I wish I had some pictures of the big trails. They are amazing. I know its offtopic but when I think bombing hills I think going fast and thats what all of that relates to. Yikes.

Team Rootbeer
09-28-2006, 09:40 PM
haha, yeah, i grew up in FLA.
i actually have a beach house on Caycie Key, which is close to Sarasota.
i raced BMX for a while, NBL style, then started riding trails and parks when i quit racing at about 12. fun shit, wish i would have stayed w/ it.

LookOut Nick
09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
sector 9 is where it is at...my gf bought me a pintail for my Bday last year...im using a hybrid shortboard with gullwing trucks.. and 42 mmrollers....WOOT for innovation

Team Rootbeer
09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
^sweet.
werd up for another east-side rolla!!!

LookOut Nick
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
The Next Adventure (http://www.freeboard.com/main.html) I am still a skeptic on if i want to dish out the dough to get one of the boards...im also skeptical on my ability to handel its gnarlyness

wootwoot
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
To bad you have to travel up north for good trails!! For bombing hills too =(
The only fast I get around here is pumping around parks really fast. I hate pedaling! Cacey Key is definitely close though. Race at the track on 17th in Sarasota? They are wanting to bulldoze it to put condos there and stuff =.( Stupid city. Its historical! It is the oldest running bmx track in the nation with its opening in 1973 I think.

95Blue240sx
09-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Holy crap that looks sick! I wanna try it out. I suck at skateboarding, but i can snowboard pretty good.

LookOut Nick
09-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah freeboarding is ridicoulous, id be tempted to block of a road cause thats virtually all it is...snowboarding on asphalt

EchoOfSilence
09-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I had a Flip board, Tensor trucks, Ricta wheels, and black panther bearings.
I seriously don't remember why I stopped :keke:

sidewayskeet
09-29-2006, 09:13 PM
I used to skate till I was 20 or so, me and friends used to build mini half pipes and weld together railings we would find to make skaet spots all the time. One time we found a huge empty home depot that closed down and found a way inside, brought all the ramps rails and anything we could find into it, made a sic little underground skate park. then the cops came one day and busted some local kids that found out about our spot. Sucked for them but good for us we got away with it. LOL

havent had a long board since my friend used it to go down to 7 11 one night and got hit by a car, a saturn, he was fine just scraped up but car ran over the board to!

Team Rootbeer
09-29-2006, 11:10 PM
To bad you have to travel up north for good trails!! For bombing hills too =(
The only fast I get around here is pumping around parks really fast. I hate pedaling! Cacey Key is definitely close though. Race at the track on 17th in Sarasota? They are wanting to bulldoze it to put condos there and stuff =.( Stupid city. Its historical! It is the oldest running bmx track in the nation with its opening in 1973 I think.

man, sucks, they dozed the track i grew up racing on just last month damnit!
next time im down at the beach ill have to hit you up! ill bring my bike!

anyways, put new bearings in my board today, floats like a hovercraft!
ill post pics of me tearing up this wicked hill nearby later!

95Blue240sx
10-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Can you guys recommend me a decent longboard for just cruising? Something not isanely expensive. Just something to get me around.

Team Rootbeer
10-03-2006, 04:24 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/teamslideshow/sector9ganesh.jpg

very smooth board, good cruiser......can be had for about 140$
waterboyz.com has about everything on the Sector 9 lineup, among other brands.......thats where i get all my shit from

95Blue240sx
10-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Thats nice, but I think way outta my league for right now. I'm still learning rofl, anything cheaper?????? /You us 240s guys gotta save money to get more car parts.

Farzam
10-04-2006, 10:00 AM
I skateboard. It's fun. Too bad it keeps me from spending monies on my 240sx, and my band.

Wykydtron
10-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Longboards are pretty damn smooth on the heels, but I'm the other kind of skateboarder. :] I have an ATM boared, I snapped my Tensors and Grind Kings within a month! :( Now I'm rockin Independants with Spitfire Wheels and Black Panther bearings!

I've been off my board for the past couple weeks, I hooked up the rear truck on a bowl hesh and fell 5 feet to flat onto my knee. Previously I tweeked my shoulder, pulled a muscle in the left forearm and bruised my right heel.

<=] All for the sake of skateboarding, I can't wait until I recover!

steve shadows
10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
born in raised in LBC

If i tryed to ride a skate board i would fall down really hard.

maybe its 6'2' 190 lbs? thing?

i dunno, i can barely roller blade without eating shit....

but i have enough balance to do martial arts sowhatevr

no skating for me, i know a lot of pros around here tho.

turknjd
10-04-2006, 03:04 PM
i skate, been skating for 20 years, not really into longboards though.

ONYX S-13
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I skate.. (Street) Not with the long boards though.. I've been skating for a while.. Quit for like 3 years though .. trying to get back into it again.. It's slowly coming back

wootwoot
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
born in raised in LBC

If i tryed to ride a skate board i would fall down really hard.

maybe its 6'2' 190 lbs? thing?

i dunno, i can barely roller blade without eating shit....

but i have enough balance to do martial arts sowhatevr

no skating for me, i know a lot of pros around here tho.

Quit using the height/ weight as an excuse =P
I know some big bitches that ride bmx/skate. One of my friends is 6'5'' and a beast. He spends a lot more money on parts then I do.

ONYX S-13
10-05-2006, 01:33 PM
When I used to bmx I'd strip handle bars and snap frame like they were going out of style... My dad got tired of that real quick... I had to find something less expensive.. Skateboarding worked and I actually progressed more in that then i ever did BMXing..

surge s14
10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
ive been skateboarding for 9 years now iv had too many to count

EJ253
10-05-2006, 04:44 PM
this is my board. i longboarded every day in the summer time
57"

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/rally_on/kahuna.jpg

jy116
01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
for all u skaters... wobbledy wobbledy drop drop it like its hottt: http://www.fazed.net/video/?id=544

soreballz
01-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I snapped my Tensors and Grind Kings within a month! :(
Snapping the POS Tensors I can understand, but how the hell did you snap the GKs? Back in the day (circa 1998) I had two pairs of GKs that were ground down to the axle. I *tried* to snap those things for weeks. I'd smash them on curbs, drop off 5 foot ledges onto curbs, hell, I even tried beating them with a hammer. Nothing worked. I <3 GKs. lol
(for those wondering, I was trying to break them to get them replaced under warranty. lol)

I miss skating. And BMX. Trail riding in SoCal used to be so great. Slater, Sheep Hills, the Brea Dam... So many good spots gone. :(

TheWolf
01-05-2007, 08:04 AM
I used to go down hills and stuff when I was a kid on skateboards. It was all about speed. I remember having these black thin and super light magnesium trucks and new deal "turbine" wheels. CNC'd Aluminum centers with like a 1/4" of super hard wheel on them. The shit was to fast for my own good. Way back in the 80's.

ManoNegra
01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Activily skated during 87-91 or so.
Santa Monica Airlines and World Industries boards (back when they were cool). First board was an Alva though (old school). Independent trucks only.
Injuries: dislocated right shoulder a number or times, hairline fracture in left wrist, number of serious ankle sprains and lots of scarrs left from chinners.
Reason for stopping: Look above. And pretty much the scene died down during the early 90s.
I still have a couple of boards and occassionaly dust them out but can hardly ollie up a curb now. One of the things I'd like to start doing again for fun.

LB.Motoring
01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
The Next Adventure (http://www.freeboard.com/main.html) I am still a skeptic on if i want to dish out the dough to get one of the boards...im also skeptical on my ability to handel its gnarlyness

hhahah reminds me of when we use to bomb down hills, and slow down by slidding sideways just skidding the hardass wheels..