PDA

View Full Version : Any MMA fans here?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

ALTRNTV
09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
I just wanted to see who here watches or participates in any form of MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), such as UFC or Pride.

I got into watching UFC about a year ago and Tito Ortiz and Chuck Lidell became my favorites. I've seen a few Pride fights but for some reason I still like UFC.

I can't wait for Ortiz/Shamrock 3 on October 10. It's a free event on SpikeTV. I don't know why Shamrock is still fighting, he's at the end of his career.

http://evideo.ufc.com/ufc/images/site/ContentPages/ufc_tito-ken-3_VOD600.jpg

I also want to see Kendall Grove fight again. Go Team Punishment!

sw20>>s14
09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
are you serious? im sorry, but UFC really sucks...fun to watch when free and prides not on...

im going to pride's first event in the us...its on oct 21 in vegas...GO!!! and youll see that UFC pales in comparison when it comes to overall competition among other things...

shamrock needs to give it a rest...he needs to call it quits and concentrate on training frank now that he has signed a hefty contract...

ALTRNTV
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I never said I didn't like Pride. I guess it's just that I'm so used to seeing fighters I'm familiar with, instead of new ones you know?

I heard about Pride's debut here in the US. I'll be sure to watch that.

TRUENOCOUPE
09-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Pride > Backyard Wrestling > Fighting your mom in my bed > UFC

sw20>>s14
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
better go live...first event in the US? you gotta watch live...

fight cards look very promising and they are only about 3/4s of the way done...on top of that, the undefeated heavyweight is making his debut after injury...

and talk of crocop and fujita making appearances to fight...wanderlei said that hes gonna be attending and that all his fans are welcome to take pictures, get autographs, etc from him... :wtc: what a good guy...

g6civcx
09-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I dislike the cage because it favours strong fighters who like to use power over technique. The fence acts like a third person holding you back.

I also don't like not being able to knee or kick a downed opponent's head. I also don't like not being to strike to the back of head and neck.

The reason is because these rules favour wrestlers whose natural tendency is to go into the turtle, as opposed to grapplers who naturally go into the guard. On the street, if you go into the turtle you will get kicked in the head.

So I prefer Pride rules a little more because it's more realistic and favours skilled fighters more, but it's all just entertainment. You don't really know what's going on until you've stepped into the ring/cage.

drftmark
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
chuck liddell owns. I haven't seen to much Pride, but when I have seen it, it seemed good. I'm not familiar with the rules or anything of Pride though.

sw20>>s14
09-25-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah, its too bad that this event will not allow kicks to a downed fighter or elbows...

ALTRNTV
09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
^
Is that because it's on U.S. soil?

g6civcx
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Can you not kick anywhere, or only to the head? If you can't kick anywhere then it's retarded.

g6civcx
09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

sw20>>s14
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
just to adhere to the athletic commission rules...it sounds like theyre gonna make kicking anywhere illegal...but sakakibara claims that they are trying to negotiate...plus, its gonna be three five minute rounds instead of prides usual 10 and 5 minute rounds...

Helghast
09-26-2006, 02:03 AM
UFC sucks.
Just like the recent BJPenn and Matt Hughes fight.

Penn was sooo much better.

I can't wait for the Pride to come here..finally a real MMA fight in US soils.

BOROSUN
09-26-2006, 04:32 AM
kinda disappointing! the word on penn at the 2nd rnd he separated his ribs while trying to go on hughes back. rib separation is painfull, its especially hard when breathing heavyly. sucks for penn, the fight would have gone to 5 rnds.

*also to add: this is his first time losing on a tko. (which was groundnpound. which he could have easily defend )

ALTRNTV
09-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Penn also looked exhausted, but that may be due to his rib separation.

I watched a clip of Pride on Youtube right now... I'll be watching. :p

g6civcx
09-26-2006, 05:38 AM
To Matt's credit though, it's hard as hell being underneath a good wrestler. They just suck the life out of you.

s14_kouki_drifter
09-26-2006, 07:47 AM
theres a diff in the fighting then and now like i remmber back in the day where there was no classes you just got in the ring and its like give it your best shot . People just either wooped that ass or was well beaten the fuck up . But i do like how they have it in classes to make it fair but it sux when they put to wrestlers in and what not .

EndLeSS8
09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Fedor Emelianenko

exitspeed
09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
I like PRIDE and UFC personally. I'm not a fan of the whole rivaly thing. I like having 2 GOOD options out there.

Shamrock should quit bitching...He's gonna get his faced smashed in AGAIN by Ortiz.

I'm dissapointed that Silvia lost to Cro Crop. I was really hoping to see him fight Liddell. I hope is still happens.

sw20>>s14
09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm dissapointed that Silvia lost to Cro Crop. I was really hoping to see him fight Liddell. I hope is still happens.

"Regarding Wanderlei Silva's participation in the November UFC, Sakakibara reemphasized PRIDE's willingness to fight, "We are ready. We will be happy to do it if the UFC is willing. We've told them that if Silva is unacceptable because he lost in the Grand Prix, then Mirko would be fine, too. Mirko has said that he will fight. Dana White apparently said that PRIDE is running away (from the UFC) but we aren't running anywhere. We are ready to fight. PRIDE is always ready to fight."

dana needs to man up and put his main man on the line...making excuses like silva lost the fight so its not as highly anticipated as when he was a top contender...he was beat in a open weight class exibition by a world class heavyweight kickboxer...

exitspeed
09-26-2006, 03:26 PM
dana needs to man up and put his main man on the line...making excuses like silva lost the fight so its not as highly anticipated as when he was a top contender...he was beat in a open weight class exibition by a world class heavyweight kickboxer...

I agree, it should happen.

zenki-217
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM

LOL I thin the best that could happen for the ufc is to lose DANA .. Hes a punk thats holding down the state side action.

As for Penn he is the shit.. I know he usually only trains for fights like 3 times a week.. So I figured he was kind of wolfing when he said he up it for this fight and then "gassed out " in the 3rd ...
Where did u see that he had some rib problems? It makes sense to not for a cop out because he wouldnt even move in the 3rd .. He couldnt have been that drained..

As for the uy that says Liddel is the shit... You havent watch much mma outside of ufc huh... You really need to start watching other stuff then UFC if u like him... google. CRO COP , wandy silvia

sw20>>s14
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
well, doesnt look like liddell and silva are gonna happen...ortiz signed a contract to fight liddell at UFC 64 and silva isnt eligible to fight in nevada due to a suspension...

zenki-217, bj stated that on his web page...he explains it just as it happened and i truly believe him...

it was way too obvious who the better fighter was...matt started having his way and fighting his own predictable style ONLY after bj was out...he never had his way before bj was injured which shows you it was pretty much like sparring for hughes...almost anyone could have beat bj at that point...not a real victory if you ask me...matt usually fights very confidently and had his hands full with bj...even fighting cautiously, matt got tagged with a few shots (one of them being a borderline knockdown)...i didnt like matt too much before the fight as is, but after hearing about his comments about bj afterwards, he has lost my respect...no sportsmanship whatsoever...one thing i do commend is surviving thirty something seconds in a triangle AND an armbar...but the fact still stands; i dont like him and i look forward to GSP putting him in his rightful place at 64 or 65...

atom
09-26-2006, 06:57 PM
BJ didnt have that arm bar locked tight and the triangle was reversed so there was a big gap. Matt definitely wasn't gonna tap to the triangle. But yeah, I didn't like Matt talkin trash about BJ after the fight after BJ clearly owned his ass the first two rounds. I admit it though, I never really liked Hughes that much, I hope he gets KTFO by GSP. It was funny though watching GSP try to talk some trash to Matt after the fight, someone (maybe Dana) obviously told him to do it.

As far as Wandy/Liddell I think I said it in the last thread about it, Liddell is a bad matchup for Wandy because Wandy is too wild and Chuck is a good counter striker. The same way cro cop pegged Wandy with some very nice counters in the GP.

Phlip
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
nope, not for me, not even maybe a little bit

mr_240sx
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
now this folowing picture is in regards to you banning nemo actions and picture

enjoy heheheeheheh

BTW my flame suit is on!!!! eheh

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/mr_240sx/repost.png

yokotas13
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
lol i read the last one and was like Uhh ohh lol.

funny stuff, congrats on teh 6666...always a good number right?

Ritz S14
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
That's a lot of post whoring there :P

Neejay
10-05-2006, 02:38 PM
hahaha...nice MSPAINT pics.

lol @ "Banning Nemo" :P

NemeGuero
10-09-2006, 09:36 AM
lol at hella.. I'm gonna insert it everytime I say the word.
Starting.. NOW.

ALTRNTV
10-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Time to bring this back up.

We all know what happened at Ortiz/Shamrock 3 (another thread), so I'll talk about UFC 64.

Franklin looked very off in this fight. He didn't look like his usual self. Maybe it was Silva's Muy Thai clinch? Silva looked dominant, but I still don't know why Franklin fought (or lack of fighting) the way he did.

UFC 65: Bad Intentions
November 11

Heavyweight Championship
Monson vs Sylia
I pick Sylvia

Welterweight Championship
Hughes vs GSP
I pick GSP

Pride this Saturday! Can't wait to watch it.

Ortiz/Lidell coming in December! I'm on my boy Tito on this one, even though I like both, I gotta go with Ortiz.

atom
10-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Franklin just got rocked hard. Silva was flawless once he got the Thai clinch on. I mean every knee he threw landed dead on, and that kneee that broke Franklin's nose was just sick. In pretty much every fight Rich has been in he is used to being the one that was dominating. When Silva started dominating him in the clinch he just looked so lost.

exitspeed
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey, did Silvia come from PRIDE? I've never heard of him. He comes outta nowhere and beats Rich down.

sw20>>s14
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
hes been in the game for a while bro...he has way more than enough credentials to beat rich: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva

franklin was horrible...his footwork was awkward, his pace was rushed and impatient...but lets face it, silvas game is too solid for him...it only took silva a little bit of time before sensing rich's weakness...look how long it took rich to "feel" silva out...oh wait, he never finished...went straight from "feeling out" to survival mode...

most of these UFC guys arent used to real muay thai or even kickboxing for that matter...and when i say used to and "real", i mean backgrounds of pride fc or K1 status fighters...and thats the exact reason why ive always said that wanderlei would beat rich...knees and traditional muay thai...

as for tito and liddell...as much as i hate liddell, im gonna say its all him...

PRIDE THIS WEEKEND!!! WOOOHOOO!!! leaving friday afternoon suckahs!!! arriving just in time for weigh ins at caesars palace and be a groupie bitch! yay!

sw20>>s14
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
and btw, GSP rocks...cant wait for him to take hughes' belt away...

exitspeed
10-17-2006, 02:58 PM

Is that scheduled yet?

ALTRNTV
10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
UFC 65: Bad Intentions
November 11

Welterweight Championship
Hughes vs GSP
I pick GSP

There ya go Premie. :keke: I keed I keed. :D

Edgar
10-17-2006, 03:09 PM

i wouldnt be so cocky about it

been watching mma shit for years now

zenki-217
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Obsessed_With_MMA/index.php?

Nice clean BS free MMa forum^ join up fellas.

zenki-217
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Anything is possible...

exitspeed
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
There ya go Premie. :keke: I keed I keed. :D

:duh: :smash:

I don't think it will be so one sided. Hughes was being a dick to him on Ultimate Fighter. I'm going to go with GSP too though.

sw20>>s14
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM

im gonna have to favor GSP on this one...bj revealed a chink in matt's armor and GSP is definitely gonna give him a run for his money...

what does that have to do with anything? so have i, along with a handful of members here...people arent allowed to have favorites now?

BOROSUN
10-18-2006, 02:22 AM
man, i havent been keeping up with the fights.
i havent seen the fight yet. but i knew silva is a great overall fighter with the precisionass stikes in muay thai and has good bbj. thinking, he was going to be a a handful for rich but he can take him. then after hearing he got rock on the first round with a clinch and knees is just disppointing. franklin should getout pat militage camp and join tito's camp. haha. my answer to silva is brute power drilling into your face and rage! oh well, im gonna check it out in youtube.

as for hughes, i hope he gets served... gsp style!
btw also after checking out the ufc site that brandon vera is going to fight ufc 65 against frank mir. i hope vera wins.

BOROSUN
10-18-2006, 04:48 AM
zomg! i just finished, the fight was ridiculously annoying. i think, franklin was already hurt on the first or fourth knee strike. that look on franklin is haunting. he looked like he wanted a time out, but then he realized it was an actual fight, not practice, he said to himself "oh shit". that OHSHIT look. like oh shit i didnt practice for this. he so was unprepared for a clinch like that.

exitspeed
10-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Would you guys agree that Tito has probably the best ground and piund in the business? I sure think so. He's so accurate with his elbows and fists on the ground it's just crazy.

Cashizslick
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Its nice to see some more MMA fans.

I have a decent ammount of experience in MMA.

http://fightingartsacademy.com/ Was my first school and I trained here for 6.5 years.

MMA is probably the best thing anybody could do for themselves. Its just so practical.

Edgar
10-18-2006, 10:06 AM
im gonna have to favor GSP on this one...bj revealed a chink in matt's armor and GSP is definitely gonna give him a run for his money...

what does that have to do with anything? so have i, along with a handful of members here...people arent allowed to have favorites now?

I would rather see Anderson Sylva fight Matt and kick his ass. But lets just wait and see what happens.

ALTRNTV
10-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Would you guys agree that Tito has probably the best ground and piund in the business? I sure think so. He's so accurate with his elbows and fists on the ground it's just crazy.

I agree. Once he has you on the ground, you are not going anywhere. He's also the best at inflicting punishment (no pun intended ;) ) inside his opponent's guard.

Can't wait for him to take the belt away from Lidell.

exitspeed
10-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I agree. Once he has you on the ground, you are not going anywhere. He's also the best at inflicting punishment (no pun intended ;) ) inside his opponent's guard.

Can't wait for him to take the belt away from Lidell.

God, how I would love to see that happen! I don't think we'll be so lucky. If he get's Liddell to the ground I think he can dominate him Liddell is going to try to keep the fight on their feet and expect a TKO again. Titio, should say fuck that and shoot in ASAP and then work that ground and pound and fuck him up.

(sorry i feel the need to cuss while discussing MMA)

ALTRNTV
10-18-2006, 02:01 PM
The only real flaw to Liddel's game is his conditioning. Tito has the best conditioning regimine bar-none in the UFC. I think if Tito can withstand some of Liddel's punishment early on, and then wears him out, Tito has a VERY good chance at taking Lidell down and doing his GNP that he's so good at.

grudge
10-18-2006, 02:57 PM
tito all the way

ALTRNTV
10-18-2006, 02:59 PM
the only way i see tito beating chuck is if he can keep him on the ground. but he has to get him to the ground first, which is already a hard thing to do since chuck's takedown defense is one on the best. but im for tito all the way, no doubt!

On the other hand, Tito's takedown offense (for the lack of a better term) is one of the best, so that's a toss-up.

grudge
10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
God, how I would love to see that happen! I don't think we'll be so lucky. If he get's Liddell to the ground I think he can dominate him Liddell is going to try to keep the fight on their feet and expect a TKO again. Titio, should say fuck that and shoot in ASAP and then work that ground and pound and fuck him up.

(sorry i feel the need to cuss while discussing MMA)

thats pretty much the only way tito can win this fight. but chuck's takedown defense is one of the best. let's just hope tito can keep him on the ground. im all for tito though.

exitspeed
10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
When is the last time Liddell went to the ground? Does anyone know? I think if someone can get him down he'll go out like a bitch.

grudge
10-18-2006, 03:05 PM
can't recall for sure but he has been on his back before, but he's so good at getting back up. thats one of his features that makes him such a good fighter besides his offense, his defense.

sw20>>s14
10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
i think liddells gonna defend his title on this one...his overhead punches will eventually catch tito...not to mention liddells a pretty smart fighter; hes very patient, unlike tito...and most of his devastating hits are offensive counters...on top of that, he does have the best takedown defense so tito better shoot and pray for the best...if tito gets him down, its definitely over, but just like any bout, its still a fight...theres so many variables, anything can go...

i dont know if liddell has been on his back in UFC, but he has in pride...hes like a defenseless turtle flipped on its back...granted the bout with quinton was three years ago, liddell still doesnt really place grappling/ground game as priority in his training...tito should review the pride video and use quinton jacksons double leg takedowns...they seemed to work for him and won him that fight...

PRIDE IN 2.5 DAYS!!! any one gonna be there?

anthony240
10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
UFC 65 is in Sacramento! I wanna go watch, since the card looks freakin awesome!

infinitexsound
10-20-2006, 01:02 AM
when will brian ever spar with me.... i swear weve had countless discussions over MMA and all that but hes never ever spar'd with me...we should since were about the same height only thing he lacks is the weight and build..brian like i said we should train... as for shamrocka nd ortiz we all know what happend the clover guy is gonna get his ass kicked no matter what...oh well tough call... i wanna see a lidell vs silva but that will never happend both parties are being beotches.......

brian i await ur callin and anthony also...=)

sw20>>s14
10-20-2006, 02:44 AM
when will brian ever spar with me.... i swear weve had countless discussions over MMA and all that but hes never ever spar'd with me...we should since were about the same height only thing he lacks is the weight and build..brian like i said we should train... as for shamrocka nd ortiz we all know what happend the clover guy is gonna get his ass kicked no matter what...oh well tough call... i wanna see a lidell vs silva but that will never happend both parties are being beotches.......

brian i await ur callin and anthony also...=)

ANYTIME, ANYWHERE BORY!!! :axe: oh, ive been building, waiting for you, bro...haha

what are you talking about homie?...i called you to go with me to pride real deal...i thought you were gonna pull through too =( ...go with us anyways! im leaving tm afternoon foo...ah, youre gonna flake...ill give you a call when i get back...commence "brian getting his ass handed to him!" :hammer:

exitspeed
10-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Did you guys watch Ultimate Fighter last night? Man I'm so pissed Matt Serra won. He's such a douche bag. Not that Shonie Carter is much better, but at least his not a prick.

Cashizslick
10-20-2006, 09:04 AM
What? Shonie Carter isnt a prick?

lol have you seen him walk to the ring?? Walking around with a pimp cane and stuff? - total discrace to the sport.

I would love to kick his ass.

exitspeed
10-20-2006, 09:43 AM
What? Shonie Carter isnt a prick?

lol have you seen him walk to the ring?? Walking around with a pimp cane and stuff? - total discrace to the sport.

I would love to kick his ass.

Have you watched the show? He may be flamouyant and all but Matt Serra is an absolute dickhead in comparison. So far he's talked shit about Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin like he's better then them. As much as I wanted to see him get his ass beat, I'm glad he won. So now he can get in teh ring with Franklin and he can get btfd.

PBucch
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Have you watched the show? He may be flamouyant and all but Matt Serra is an absolute dickhead in comparison. So far he's talked shit about Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin like he's better then them. As much as I wanted to see him get his ass beat, I'm glad he won. So now he can get in teh ring with Franklin and he can get btfd.

You are SO wrong. He talks shit about thier character, and the fact that they are loser dorks, he never says he can beat them or that his skills are better. Get your wieght up not your hate up.

exitspeed
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
You are SO wrong. He talks shit about thier character, and the fact that they are loser dorks, he never says he can beat them or that his skills are better. Get your wieght up not your hate up.

He's still disrespectful to people...He's a bitch. I don't like'em, period. I can't wait to see hi ssorry ass get beat by Franklin.

PBucch
10-20-2006, 12:07 PM
He's still disrespectful to people...He's a bitch. I don't like'em, period. I can't wait to see hi ssorry ass get beat by Franklin.

I will agree with you there.

exitspeed
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I will agree with you there.

:werd: ......

ALTRNTV
10-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Matt Serra.... lol. I remember when Franklin gave him "advice." For all you TUF viewers, you'll know what I'm talking about.

exitspeed
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
^
Yea that was dumb ass advice, but still. Franklin would kill him. The fight last night was pathetic. He couldn't even keep his mouth shut during the fight. He kept saying "I got'em" and then would get clocked mid sentence. STFU and fight you idiot.

WERDdabuilder
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Henderson vs Belfort along with many others this weekend.

vitor all the fuckin way !

infinitexsound
10-21-2006, 11:31 PM
ANYTIME, ANYWHERE BORY!!! :axe: oh, ive been building, waiting for you, bro...haha

what are you talking about homie?...i called you to go with me to pride real deal...i thought you were gonna pull through too =( ...go with us anyways! im leaving tm afternoon foo...ah, youre gonna flake...ill give you a call when i get back...commence "brian getting his ass handed to him!" :hammer:
i wont make it brian..... financing is a situation with me... hmm youve been training this is weird... this means im gonna have to up my game for u... just cause ive been slackin on the training..... well im ready otherwise... 3 rounds 5min ? im down... u definetly count me in...

sw20>>s14
10-24-2006, 03:05 AM
im ready bro...just need to bulk up and lean out afterwards...im going kevin garnett lean on yo ass son! haha...

real deal was the shit and some...i dont care what anyone says...ill post pics up soon...

highlights:

-lawler KO'g villasenor via a flying knee...
-nakamura beating galbraith also via knee then hammer fists (which i met later on in the fight; super cool guy and put up a great fight for his pride debut)
-butterbean knocking out o'haires useless ass in less than 30 seconds
-yoshida and FUJITA!!!! making apperances and speaking engrish
-fedor submitting coleman THE EXACT same way three years ago
-phil baronis performance was actually pretty impressive
-wandy calling out chuck in front of 10,5XX people and DANA!!!! haha, take that!
-wandy announcing that hes gonna have a title fight in vegas in feb
-got to snap a pic with james thompson
-britney skye (sp?) the pornstar was there
-hellzah fione girlie girls in tight stuff =)
-CHUCK NORRIS WAS THERE!!!!!!
-oh yeah, did i mention FEDOR!! FEDOR!! FEDOR!!

suxors:

-annoying raspy voiced old lady announcer that usually announces for the bushidos
-hendo vs belfort was uber boring and uneventful
-mark hunt was taken off the cards two or three days before the event
-shogun vs randleman was weak
-stupid american audience booing once it went to the ground for grappling
-didnt get any more pics with my favorite fighters
-nevada athletics commission outlawing knees and kicks to a downed fighter and elbows on the ground
-and colemans stupid classless stunt at the end of the fight/night

all in all, i think it was a pretty good debut event for DSE/pride fc...a lot in attendance and theyre here to stay all you UFC fanboys...DSE booked another event with the nevada athletics commission for feb...weep all you want, but ALL the UFC titles will be held by pride fighters, guaranteed...anderson silva was just a preview of what is to come...

Cashizslick
10-24-2006, 07:09 AM

Funny - I didnt know we were talking about Matt Serra.

PBucch
10-24-2006, 08:47 AM
What were Colemans wild and childish actions after the match?

WERDdabuilder
10-24-2006, 02:36 PM
sw20>>s14, how much were tickets if you dont mind me asking. i want to start saving for the next pride event in feb.

and if anyone wants me to post links for the vids. ask away.

sw20>>s14
10-24-2006, 04:35 PM
What were Colemans wild and childish actions after the match?

well, i just thought it was classless...hes been hyped to be a family man from mtv true life to ufc to pride...everyone depicts him as a father and provider...so yeah, we get it...after he loses to fedor, he grabs the mic and starts blabbering on the verge of tears...then he starts yelling out, "daddy's okay! dont worry, daddy's okay!"...everyones like, okay, perhaps a message to the daughters?...then sure enough, the two daughters somehow show up in the ring and they go running into their dads arms...all three crying and weeping...please keep in mind that coleman is still severely battered and bloody and that his daughters cant be more than 10-11 years of age...coleman lifts the two children up and one of them reluctantly waves at fedor, who by now looks very uncomfortable...it was a pretty uncomfortable situation for me and a lot of the audience, let alone fedor...just seems like a cheap trick on colemans part...if there were shots of that in the locker room, itll be understandable, but in the ring with your opponent and in front of 10,5XX+ fans? it just seemed very mellodramatic to pull a rocky balboa doing the whole adrian thing...and when he was congragulating fedor, coleman was playing around and socked fedor in the chin a few times...fedor didnt seem to enjoy it that much...

sw20>>s14, how much were tickets if you dont mind me asking. i want to start saving for the next pride event in feb.

and if anyone wants me to post links for the vids. ask away.

np, i dont mind...mine were 104 or something and after all the handling fees and what not, it came out to be about 120 for balcony...DSE is one smart cookie, the prices for the feb event have already increased...the real deal prices were: $52, $104, $3XX, $7XX...for wandys event, its gonna rise to: $70, $150, $350, $7XX...im gonna save for the $350 lower level seating...a lot more, but trust me, it makes a whole lot of difference...you better start saving because theres not much time...tickets go on sale on november 11th (iirc, or it could have been 11.2X.06; ill check when i get home) and i STRONGLY URGE you to buy early...

WERDdabuilder
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
will do. thanks.

carpool to Pride!!! anyone!

BOROSUN
10-24-2006, 10:06 PM
meng, fedor rules.

ALTRNTV
12-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Ortiz/Lidell 2 Decemebr 30! Mark your calendars folks.

infinitexsound
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
akademik...... dude.. that fight is only gonna last 1 min.... its gonna be a pathetic fight.... ortiz KO....

sw20>>s14
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
silly bory, you truly think ortiz is gonna win? let alone KO chuck? pssshhh, save it homie =)

infinitexsound
12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
i meant ortiz gets knocked out.... silly rabbit....

azndummie
12-12-2006, 03:19 AM
I think my friends are going to have a party at his house just for this.

exitspeed
12-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I still think if Tito can take him to the ground, Liddell is done.

infinitexsound
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
thats all he needs to do.... is get him to the ground, forget about being a standup fighter against lidell.... lidell just throws wild punches and gets lucky....

ALTRNTV
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Ortiz in the 3rd round.

exitspeed
12-13-2006, 07:48 AM
thats all he needs to do.... is get him to the ground, forget about being a standup fighter against lidell.... lidell just throws wild punches and gets lucky....

I agree with that completely. He's not accurate. He's lucky.

PBucch
12-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I still think if Tito can take him to the ground, Liddell is done.

AS you know, easier said than done, I havent seen a sprawl like Lidell's since Kurt Angle won gold!

Lidells punches seem erratic, but man, with so much power behind every punch its just nuts.

exitspeed
12-13-2006, 09:50 AM
AS you know, easier said than done, I havent seen a sprawl like Lidell's since Kurt Angle won gold!

Lidells punches seem erratic, but man, with so much power behind every punch its just nuts.

Yea, he does have speed and power behind those punches. But for some reason it's still not impressive to me at all.

Lidell take down defense is off the chain. But I have a feeling if he does get taken down, he's gonna look like an amature compared to Tito. Stand-up is Lidell's game, and GNP is Tito's.

PBucch
12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Word up, Tito is and has always been my favorite, I just love his style and I really love all the guys with wrestling backgrounds.

BOROSUN
12-13-2006, 01:28 PM
wrestling iz SEXY... hardcore

WERDdabuilder
12-31-2006, 11:35 AM
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/system/galleries/pics/061228/mirko-txt.jpg

ooohh man oohhh man ooohhh man.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9022596213053321567&q=ufc+66

and for anyone that missed UFC 66. tito vs chuck.

infinitexsound
12-31-2006, 04:22 PM
eh thats fight could of went farther....... ref called it too fast... looked like tito was planning to get out of it just as the ref called it.... poor tito...... should of stuck with the 1-2-3 combos... instead of trying to go to the ground..... that was a mistake... to keep on trying to make lidell slip up... those leg kicks could of done some damage if he stayed with it in combos..... TITO LIDELL #3... i want it... i want lidell out...

BOROSUN
12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
ppl... pride bushido is on right now on FSN channel 40.

kang just won. rear naked choke

exitspeed
01-29-2007, 10:06 AM
WTF? I thought Matt Serra and GSP were fighting this Saturday? It looks like it's just Jackson, Cro Crop, and Silvia. Anyone know what happened?

EndLeSS8
01-29-2007, 10:42 AM
^ GSP got a knee injury in training.
There are still a lot of good cards in that UFC though.

edit: knee injury

exitspeed
01-29-2007, 10:52 AM
^ GSP pulled his groin during training.
There are still a lot of good cards in that UFC though.

Yea there is. But my wife and I were really looking forward to seeing Serra get beat down like Deebo.

BOROSUN
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
i just saw ufc inside and i spotted machida! i guess he fought but wasnt aired.

i did not know.

sw20>>s14
02-09-2007, 01:57 AM
wasnt the same explosive lyoto, but same aggressive one...worked hoger all over the map...decent fight, i have it if you want it, but its in portuguese lol...hoger also had the balls to say that lyotos hits felt like mosquito bites...too bad he got knocked down a few times...

BOROSUN
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
does this mean lyoto joined ufc ? he definetly needs to step it up and fight more.

sw- do you have the link?

sw20>>s14
02-09-2007, 09:05 PM
lyoto, crocop, quinton, and herring are now signed with the UFC...

and gomi is supposed to have a few fights there representing pride as well...

ill try and find the link for you...

sw20>>s14
02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/15269374/Lyoto_Machida_x_Sam_Hoger_UFC_67_-_www_5B1_5D.slaytanic-slayervideos.blogspot.com.WMV

illvialuver
02-11-2007, 01:41 AM
i think crocop rules all. hes not an asshole like tito or silva. anyway i think crocop went to ufc so he could take it easy.

BOROSUN
02-11-2007, 04:38 AM
silva asshole??

sw20>>s14
02-12-2007, 02:13 AM
how is silva an asshole? anderson silva or wanderlei silva? i think you meant sylvia because that guy needs to get his arse handed to him (and will in due time)...crocop went to the UFC because of more money and the title...dude got paid 350K just for fighting eddie...bet his training regimens were tougher than sanchez...

"who said that?"

"oh, no he di'nt!."

yes, i did...

infinitexsound
02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
lol, crocop.. hands down probably the best fighter in ufc in present time.... dude took it sooo easy for his first match..... i laughed when u saw the diffrences from pride and ufc that last event... jackson and crocop walked it out! seriously.... i dont know about you, but i wanna see joe rogan get in the ring/cage what ever u call it....

s13gold
02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
both pride and ufc are cool...crazy martial arts is cool wherever its from...or what organization its with.

exitspeed
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Is Cro Crop in the same calss as Liddell?

I wanna semeone stomp Liddel's head in...

zenki-217
02-13-2007, 08:50 AM
True MMA fans that know the world outside of the UFC empire come to this site... Its a mma forum Im the Pride moderator there .. The site is a forum with actual fighters popping up on from time to time. Tons of interviews posted and any org worth a hoot u can find the latest shit about it..

http://obsessedwithmma.com/

BC240
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Ive been keeping tabs on Cro Cop for about half a year now, I couldn't believe he was coming to the UFC. It was awesome watching him stalk sanchez like T-1000. He had several injuries which is why he didnt kick that guys head off of his shoulders but hopefully he'll get those looked after quick. FYI he's on a $10 million contract, im not sure if that includes royalties or just fights.

zenki-217
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Ive been keeping tabs on Cro Cop for about half a year now, I couldn't believe he was coming to the UFC. It was awesome watching him stalk sanchez like T-1000. He had several injuries which is why he didnt kick that guys head off of his shoulders but hopefully he'll get those looked after quick. FYI he's on a $10 million contract, im not sure if that includes royalties or just fights.
10 mil huh......

2yr 6fight contract 350k a fight flat rate... Bonus for title fight and defenses

zenki-217
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
lol, crocop.. hands down probably the best fighter in ufc in present time.... dude took it sooo easy for his first match..... i laughed when u saw the diffrences from pride and ufc that last event... jackson and crocop walked it out! seriously.... i dont know about you, but i wanna see joe rogan get in the ring/cage what ever u call it....

Joe Rogan called out Wesley SNipes awhile back...

PBucch
02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
True MMA fans that know the world outside of the UFC empire come to this site... Its a mma forum Im the Pride moderator there .. The site is a forum with actual fighters popping up on from time to time. Tons of interviews posted and any org worth a hoot u can find the latest shit about it..

http://obsessedwithmma.com/

Damn, that sites blocked at work, hopefully I remember to check it out at home.

Anyone in here fight?

sw20>>s14
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
crocop is fighting in the HW division...i kinda want sylvia to beat couture just for a chance for crocop to kick his head off...

zenki-217
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Damn, that sites blocked at work, hopefully I remember to check it out at home.

Anyone in here fight?
Please do..:bigok:

zenki-217
02-13-2007, 04:25 PM
crocop is fighting in the HW division...i kinda want sylvia to beat couture just for a chance for crocop to kick his head off...
As much as I dislike Tim I hope for the same but Tim like him or not is one of the most underrated and discredited fighters out there.. I honestly think that it could be a battle for mirco and tim because mirco doesnt have a iron chin and tim has pistons for fists... But we can hope for the best.:naughty:

WERDdabuilder
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
PRIDE 33

damn you gomi, i had faith in you. i think he took diaz to lightly. homie was gassed out in the first round.

history in the making for pride and henderson. great match. didnt expect a KO tho..but damn it was a nice KO. loved dan's spinning back fist...shit was on point ha.

great PPV.

hate to watch pride in stateside. fack those rule changes.

atom
02-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Gomi getting the gogoplata put on him was so sick. I love it. I don't think Gomi took that fight seriously at all and he paid for it. Henderson was cool too, he really took it to Wandy. Wands didn't seem as aggressive as he usually is though.

WERDdabuilder
02-26-2007, 01:28 AM
hendo(Henderson) broke his hand in the first round...talk about a warrior

sw20>>s14
02-26-2007, 01:57 AM
ahhhhhh...pride 33 results were weird to say the least...im still trying to come to terms with myself after watching the bouts, but im really disappointed in all my favorites, thats for sure...hopefully wandy doesnt decide to retire after this second loss in a row...

i dont even wanna talk about wandys performance...

the fireball kid could have easily finished the fight after that knockdown, but his conditioning was just horrible and really burnt out...

sergei didnt look too good either...letting russow gain side control, full mount, and and his back...if it was any other fighter, sergei would have been done for, but props for still pressing the action after continuously being countered by some stingers...gotta love russow's corner: "stop fuckin around and pass his side! STOP FUCKIN AROUND AND PASS HIS SIDE!!!!" haha...

i was afraid that rua was gonna lose it after seeing him out of sync and getting tossed around by overeem, but he pulled it off...i am now conviced that he has surpassed wandy...it was inevitable wandy, you let your head get to you, but i still love you ya big ape, you...

and the nog fight, *sigh*...looks like it was a good night for team quest with hendo and sokoudjou bringin it home...

congrats on frank triggs victorious return too...

if anything, this just fueled the fire over the age old "UFC vs. pride fc" argument on the forums even more...prides stable boys definitely lost pride for pride...

infinitexsound
02-27-2007, 05:21 PM
i agree with brian

EndLeSS8
02-28-2007, 11:14 AM
For Wandy/Henderson, I wasn't exactly shocked, but I still wanted Wandy to win. Minor upset to me, but still an upset.

Nog... that was my 2nd biggest upset to me.

Biggest upset/disappointment to me was by FAR Gomi. I had huge hopes into him DESTROYING Diaz, esp coming after such a huge KO in December. It was just one of the strangest fights I've ever seen... Gomi literally bouncing off the ropes and stuff.

Overall, Pride 33 was like from an alternate universe, that accidentally switched into our own.

zenki-217
02-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Every one every where seems to talk shit now about wandy.. He lost 2 times now in a row.. But look why .. Cro cop a man on a mission and a HW at that... Then hes fighting with a 103 temp throat infection and so on agianst Henderson who is no bitch by far... Silva hasnt loss his touch just yet but has fallen on shitty luck .. He'll b back.

sw20>>s14
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
hes just finally being challenged...even if it meant fighting guys at 205+, but i think he bit off more than he could chew...him bulking up has definitely hindered his explosiveness and speed...i still have nothing but love for silva, but rua is definitely holding the chute boxe fort down also...i personally hope rua can reclaim the MW title under chute boxe again...

were aware that silva was hospitalized the night before, but hendo also broke his hand in the first round...so no one has the right to take anything away from either fighter...silva fans are just disappointed, but still supportive...plus having two consecutive losses places silva vs liddell less and less feasible so i think the majority of MMA fans are most disappointed in that...and due to the KO, he wont be fighting in nevada for a while either...

as for sokoudjou and nog, that was a pretty big shocker, but sokoudjou is having a second coming at kamikaze so we'll see if hes the real deal or not...yes, i am a dork for the puns...

EndLeSS8
02-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I think the best event of 2006 was the semi-finals of the Pride tourney (Pride: Final Countdown, I believe?)
You got to see Silva at his peak, with a great match against Fujita, and Crocop chopping Yoshida down with leg kicks.

Shogun is GREAT, but the last 2 matches I've seen him fight, he seemed a bit "off" compared to his usual self.
But that punch on Overreem was INSANE. It was so fast that I didn't even notice it the first time around.

GabeS14
03-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Being a Brazilian myself I am really sad about Nog and Silva's losses, silva was off..and Nog...lol.that was more than a lucky uncalculated punch that hit him..dude wasnt even looking..I guess everyone did realize that the shootboxe team was completely off..I am glad Shogun won but he was fighting totally un agressive and same with silva...as soon as they got in the ring i could tell ....just buy their expressions.
like their minds were somewhere else...

sw20>>s14
03-01-2007, 02:00 AM
all i know is that BTT did not need that devastating loss...sokoudjou seemed more like a sacrificial sheep more than anything else...

BC240
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
That was the first pride event i've seen and I was blown away. I never could have predicted so many upsets and so much action. They made UFC seem plain and boring.

oOdextaOo
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
ya, pride is pretty good, but having some of their fighters head over to ufc (crocop and rampage) definitely helps level the playing field. looking forward to the seeing the 'comeback trails' of several of the fighters on this weekend's ufc.

as for last weekend's pride, i only caught the gomi v. diaz fight. man, what an upset :( still need to watch the wanderlei v. hendersen fight. i hear that's the same case too :( :(

zenki-217
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
If any of you guys are interested in a Fantasy league for mma betting and team fun check out www.mmaplayground.com and look for my team I just started there obsessed with mma .

zenki-217
03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
ya, pride is pretty good, but having some of their fighters head over to ufc (crocop and rampage) definitely helps level the playing field. looking forward to the seeing the 'comeback trails' of several of the fighters on this weekend's ufc.

as for last weekend's pride, i only caught the gomi v. diaz fight. man, what an upset :( still need to watch the wanderlei v. hendersen fight. i hear that's the same case too :( :(
Rampage came from WFA is last fight in Pride was back in feb 06.

zenki-217
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
That was the first pride event i've seen and I was blown away. I never could have predicted so many upsets and so much action. They made UFC seem plain and boring.
They usually do .. There fight cards usually are huge.

oOdextaOo
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Rampage came from WFA is last fight in Pride was back in feb 06.

whoops. thanks for the clarification :duh:

oOdextaOo
03-04-2007, 09:51 PM
so what're everyone's thoughts on yesterday's ufc? i'm just glad to see sylvia out and couture back in. that was one helluva fight.

BOROSUN
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
what, there's a ufc 68? jk...but, i was'nt really interested.

so sylvia vs crocop, next.

im also waitin to see lyoto vs forest in ufc 70

WERDdabuilder
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
that match showed how bad of an MMA fighter tim is. did he even have a game plan going into the match at all?

WERDdabuilder
03-05-2007, 02:39 AM
oh and i think this is new kimbo.

http://www.shooshtime.com/clips/video.php?id=12928

a little grappling i guess haha.

mrmephistopheles
03-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Glad to see Sylvia dethroned. I never liked that dude.
Couture was amazing.

PBucch
03-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Couture's takedown finishes were incredible!

That first punch set the tone, F sylvia, I hate fighters who do not press the action.

oOdextaOo
03-05-2007, 09:18 AM
so sylvia vs crocop, next.

haha that would be the case if sylvia was still hw champ :keke:

BOROSUN
03-05-2007, 11:37 AM
sylvia is still a hw champ contender, theyre not goin to throw crocop right into a championship title, just yet. they need to milk out and build a hype up.

exitspeed
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
So how longs will Couture's old ass remain champ? He's good, but I can see him loosing the belt pretty quick.

I didn't see the fight, though, I heard it was really good.

oOdextaOo
03-05-2007, 12:40 PM
hm true. according to this interview on sherdog (http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1108), dana white is having crocop take on one more fight before a title fight. i think that's right right interview, can't tell though because there's no speakers for my computer at work. anyways, his next opponent is gabriel gonzaga at ufc 69 (http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=472) in england. hope it's a good match.

PBucch
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Whats up with Rich Franklin getting to fight Anderson Silva in his hometown to get hte title back, thats a little fucked up dont you think?

Not like its going to matter, hes gonna get fucking stomped again.

sw20>>s14
03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
the fight was awesome, a real life classic rocky thing goin on...only gripe i have is that couture better work on his striking...dont get me wrong, standing up with sylvia is no walk in the park (esp if youre only 6'0), but he outclassed sylvia standing up and hit him with 15+ clean shots yet, still couldnt bring the ogre down...reminded me a lot of the gomi vs diaz fight...he needs more power if he expects to defend the belt against crocop in the not so distant future...luckily for him, crocop doesnt exactly have the strongest chin...sylvia looked helpless, but ill give him props for really good defense...he really impressed me defending himself against a top notch roman greco wrestler/grappler...going five rounds with couture is nothing to sneeze at...however, i dont agree with what rogan and the other announcers were saying...how his losses to liddell were maybe attributed to his divorce and mental anguish...i still dont think couture has what it takes to close that chapter of his career...

i also dont agree on franklin getting the title fight so soon, but he really impressed me against mcdonald...total dominance and a great game plan...thats the rich that everybody is used to seeing, but its still not gonna be enough against silva...especially since after his fight with lutter, he flew to thailand a few days later to train muay thai for a couple of months from the best of the best...if rich thought silvas clinch was wicked before, wait until hes in it again...theres only so many times you can straighten your nose out rich...

infinitexsound
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
joe rogan =john madden, im tired of the sound of his voice... im pretty sure alot of people agree with me... but eh the fight was okay.... coutoure dominated the whole match.. sylvia just get his rhythm down...

BC240
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
it would appear Cro Cop is fighting Gonzaga first then Couture.. Randy is a stallion but I fear for him. I don't see anyone in the UFC that can stop CC.

sw20>>s14
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
CC vs gonzaga at 70...CC also called brandon vera out...truly a man on a mission to turn the UFC upside down for the belt...

BOROSUN
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
if crocop vs vera ever happens, i would have to go with vera, cause he's reppin for my peoples.

also forgot vera called out chuck liddell way back ago, not for the lhw title but, a exhibition to beat his ass. it never happened.

oOdextaOo
03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
man, when is vera gonna fight next? he's one of my fave up-and-comers. +1 on paying to see cc vs. vera.

sw20>>s14
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
if he renews his contract with UFC...

sw20>>s14
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
YAY! NSAC has just approved the much anticipated tito ortiz vs. dana white grudge match! haha, wow...just standup and no grappling, but still, danas in for it...the funnier thing is that the commissioners reviewed a recent sparring video of white and one of them felt that his standup striking is better than titos...whatever...

BOO! kamikaze, prides third US show scheduled in april has been canceled...and to top it off, douchebag ed fishman may take legal actions towards DSE...just what pride needed...ive come to terms with myself that pride fc will not last nearly as long as i hoped it would =( please sakakibara, STAY IN JAPAN!!!

oOdextaOo
03-06-2007, 05:06 PM
ya, dood. not looking good for pride :/

and i didn't know they were serious about a tito vs. dana white fight. wtf?!

WERDdabuilder
03-13-2007, 01:57 AM
need to know if im allowed to post links for download.

i got links for the recent K1 Olympia Heros 8 2007.

exitspeed
03-13-2007, 07:23 AM
YAY! NSAC has just approved the much anticipated tito ortiz vs. dana white grudge match! haha, wow...just standup and no grappling, but still, danas in for it...the funnier thing is that the commissioners reviewed a recent sparring video of white and one of them felt that his standup striking is better than titos...whatever...

Are you serious! Dana White is going to fight!? I didn't even know he did. Tito is going to beat his suit wearing ass down!

PBucch
03-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Heres a great article, I thought, with some info about whats up with UFC.

http://www.sportsline.com/boxing/story/10050453

I dont in any way see the unification of the sport as a bad thing.

exitspeed
03-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Good article.

zenki-217
03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
UFC sucks it favors its golden boys...It also loves to take top name fighters and throw them at the ufc best all unbalanced and not use to the cage and atmosphere in hopes of building up there golden boys as the "the GREATEST"..

PBucch
03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Too much hate man, this sport is still in its infancy, within two years it will be only UFC and its underlings, I dont see how anyone can hate on it, they provide a great product and do so for hte fans. please cite some examples of what you are talking about, I honestly see no coddling of talent.

Id rather have one governing body than multiple like boxing, i would hate to see this sport become as corrupt and BS as boxing.

infinitexsound
03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
when is it brian VS bory #1, im still waiting...... im going back to muay thai training since the weather is perfect now...... u can use all ur jujitsu roman what ever brian.......

sw20>>s14
03-15-2007, 01:57 AM
im all for it bory bor...still training muay thai...shins are gettin there soon enough...join fairtex or fight n fitness with me man! dont worry, there will be plenty of sparring during breaks from the tranny swap...lol...

infinitexsound
03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
just make sure u have stamina for all 3 rounds..... because im going to give u a sore rib cage.......

sw20>>s14
03-15-2007, 02:15 AM
damn three rounds? better kick philip morris to the curb then...been working on my muay thai clinch man, better hope you dont end up like rich franklin, haha...

WERDdabuilder
03-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Forrest Griffin (Pictures), The Ultimate Fighter season one light heavyweight winner, has been forced to withdraw from his bout with Ryoto Machida (Pictures) at UFC 70 with a severe staph infection in his knee,

UFC 70 fight card.
Mirko Filipovic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum
Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo
Matt Grice vs. Terry Etim
Junior Assuncao vs. David Lee
Victor Valimaki vs. Alessio Sakara
Dennis Siver vs. Jess Liaudin
Edilberto Souza De Oliveira vs. Paul Taylor
Ryoto Machida vs. TBA

BOROSUN
03-15-2007, 09:16 AM
^ well that sucks... i would like to see rashad evans fight, how he will handle lyoto or maybe bonnar fight him again or jardine.

BC240
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I want Bisping to fight someone worthwhile.

Gramentz
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
What ever happened to Matt Hamill from TUF? I've only seen him fight once outside of the show, and it was against Jesse from TUF...

zenki-217
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Too much hate man, this sport is still in its infancy, within two years it will be only UFC and its underlings, I dont see how anyone can hate on it, they provide a great product and do so for hte fans. please cite some examples of what you are talking about, I honestly see no coddling of talent.

Id rather have one governing body than multiple like boxing, i would hate to see this sport become as corrupt and BS as boxing.

U know jack... Great product huh.. U sound just like Mighty$Dana... .. Here is a great example.. Bisping vs Elvis in the UK .. Elvis doesnt deserve to stand in the cage in a ring or in a back alley his shitty as record speaks for its self..Giving Bisping a easy win to build a uk crowd.. Smart business move maybe and a bad one at the same time... ALL the true mma fans dont care to c a rigged fight. All the new MMA fans dont know any better.

jakal
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
What ever happened to Matt Hamill from TUF? I've only seen him fight once outside of the show, and it was against Jesse from TUF...

He fights, but they never air it....he's undefeated so far...his last fight was against some noob...i think he TKO'd him or maybe KO....if you want vids of unair'd fights in the UFC, Pride, w/e the MMA, just pm me....i know where to download em :bigok:

UFC is nice...

Anyone see Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi?
Diaz Pwnage? or just Luck??

oOdextaOo
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
imo, looked like gomi didn't even care about the fight. he just let diaz punch him in the face a million times lol.

Gramentz
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Diego Sanchez > Nick Diaz

jakal
03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
imo, sanchez < Diaz...but eh, sanchez is GG tho....gomi...OMFG....sad fight....he said that he wasn't "into" the fight....it might be tru, because he never loses a title fight, but always (usually) loses non-title fights....ZZZZZ.....excuses....looking forward for the rematch...

PBucch
03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
U know jack... Great product huh.. U sound just like Mighty$Dana... .. Here is a great example.. Bisping vs Elvis in the UK .. Elvis doesnt deserve to stand in the cage in a ring or in a back alley his shitty as record speaks for its self..Giving Bisping a easy win to build a uk crowd.. Smart business move maybe and a bad one at the same time... ALL the true mma fans dont care to c a rigged fight. All the new MMA fans dont know any better.

Wow, first of all chill out, dont fucking attack me ok?

If you were a TRUE fan, or ever competed in any kind of competition you would know that anyone can beat anyone anytime, especially in a sport like this, grow the fuck up.

Jesus, these guys are putting this shit on american TV and raising hte profile of it, what is it that you hate so much? that its not totally exclusive to people who read and watch it on the internet?

Im going with Sanchez over Diaz, that kid is a freaking ANIMAL!

exitspeed
03-15-2007, 12:53 PM
^
He hates it for the same reason a lot of people on here didn't like when Drifting started getting popular. They like when stuff is more underground. When a sport like that starts growing, people think it's being ruined.

illvialuver
03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I just watched the last UFC and I cant beleive the randy knocked tim down with the opening punch.
im glad he is champ again, but it didnt seem like tim was into it.

and as far as golden boys your full of it.

UFC is cool but I like PRIDE more, it seems like the better fighters are in Pride but I really cant wait to see Crocops next match.

and yeah alot of people only like something when only a few people like it and hate on it when it becomes popular. BUt you shoul djust like what you like regaurdless of whoelse likes it.

infinitexsound
03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
pride is sooooooo dope, i love watching it when i get a chance too.... usually i just watch the matches on youtube.... crocop is gonna win it for sure... and machida well wait to see who he gets...

WERDdabuilder
03-20-2007, 01:21 AM
http://www.mmanews.com/images/ufc71poster.jpg

its on boys.

exitspeed
03-20-2007, 07:42 AM
http://www.mmanews.com/images/ufc71poster.jpg

its on boys.

YES!!! God I hope Jackson wins!

PBucch
03-20-2007, 07:50 AM
OHHH baby, its going down!

Hey did you guys see those fights on saturday night? Damn! bloody as hell.

BTW this Nick Diaz Takanori Gomi fight is so damn sick, I watch that second round once a day.

edit- OHHH BOY!

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/03/19/report-pride-sold-to-the-fertittas.aspx

oOdextaOo
03-20-2007, 09:26 AM
oh schnap, liddell vs jackson. z0mg it'll be so hot!

exitspeed
03-20-2007, 09:47 AM
edit- OHHH BOY!

OH SNAP! That's potentially big news. I hope we find out if it's true very soon.

oOdextaOo
03-20-2007, 10:16 AM
hey exitspeed, why is there a scrawny matt hughes in your sig? :lol:

exitspeed
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
hey exitspeed, why is there a scrawny matt hughes in your sig? :lol:

Hahhaha. I think you may be banned soon. :keke:

PBucch
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
holy shit exit, I just noticed your abobo avatar, thats excellent.

zenki-217
03-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, first of all chill out, dont fucking attack me ok?

If you were a TRUE fan, or ever competed in any kind of competition you would know that anyone can beat anyone anytime, especially in a sport like this, grow the fuck up.

Jesus, these guys are putting this shit on american TV and raising hte profile of it, what is it that you hate so much? that its not totally exclusive to people who read and watch it on the internet?

Im going with Sanchez over Diaz, that kid is a freaking ANIMAL!

What I dont like is the BS drunk frat boys, couch warming hippies and any other billy badasses that think they know something about mma now because its so main stream... It is getting really annoying hearing so many uneducated opinions its getting really annoying how CORP USA has to exploit everything it can get its grubby little hands on.Vegas killed boxing Zuffa is Vegas its a just a matter of time.

Im not a fan of the money publicity or the reality shows...IM A FAN OF QUALITY FIGHTS!

zenki-217
03-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I just watched the last UFC and I cant beleive the randy knocked tim down with the opening punch.
im glad he is champ again, but it didnt seem like tim was into it.

and as far as golden boys your full of it.

UFC is cool but I like PRIDE more, it seems like the better fighters are in Pride but I really cant wait to see Crocops next match.

and yeah alot of people only like something when only a few people like it and hate on it when it becomes popular. BUt you shoul djust like what you like regaurdless of whoelse likes it.

WTF :loco: lol Im full of it huh.....

zenki-217
03-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Old rumors.. That stuff has been floating around for months with no verification ...

"It's bullshit. You can't believe what you read on the internet and as a matter of fact I just got off the phone with Japan and unless I'm being lied to Pride has not been sold and is not being sold to anyone, especially to Zuffa. We are in the process of making some ground breaking deals that will be bringing in large sums of revenue to the company and making it stronger than ever."

Jerry Millens latest respose a while ago on this subject...Hopefully this is true.

zenki-217
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I dont know how many people on here actually know who Paulão Filho is but he is leaving Pride :( and wants to come pwn some in the states .. LOL Hughes GSP whoever your heros are will be turned into a human pretzel.

exitspeed
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
What I dont like is the BS drunk frat boys, couch warming hippies and any other billy badasses that think they know something about mma now because its so main stream... It is getting really annoying hearing so many uneducated opinions its getting really annoying how CORP USA has to exploit everything it can get its grubby little hands on.Vegas killed boxing Zuffa is Vegas its a just a matter of time.

Im not a fan of the money publicity or the reality shows...IM A FAN OF QUALITY FIGHTS!

Well it sounds like it's time for you to move on tho the next "underground, only cool if it's not popular sport/trend".

It's just like anything. If it's cool, it will catch on. It's inevitable. Just like drifting. Notice things that suck don't become mainstream? MMA is cool. It's catching on.

I really dislike people's opinion's like this. I understand you don't want it to be ruined by greed/money, but until that happens, what's the problem with new fans and exposure to the sport? Do you think that the fighters are going to complain when they are making multiple times the amount of money they used to?

And you make it seem like you knew everything there is to know about MMA the day you first saw it.:confused:

zenki-217
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Well it sounds like it's time for you to move on tho the next "underground, only cool if it's not popular sport/trend".

It's just like anything. If it's cool, it will catch on. It's inevitable. Just like drifting. Notice things that suck don't become mainstream? MMA is cool. It's catching on.

I really dislike people's opinion's like this. I understand you don't want it to be ruined by greed/money, but until that happens, what's the problem with new fans and exposure to the sport? Do you think that the fighters are going to complain when they are making multiple times the amount of money they used to?

And you make it seem like you knew everything there is to know about MMA the day you first saw it.:confused:

Way off there bud.. I like seeing the mma world growing I just dont like it to be exploited and ruined like boxing... I also just live North of Hillsboro in SPringfield Il which south of the quad cities which makes me smack in the middle of Hughes country .. So I tend to get in a up roar about the ufc quite often because its constantly thrown in my face.. I dont care for the way ufc Dana White conducts themselves I dont thnk alot of the fights they put together are fair for the fans . Granted owning a org such as ufc u have to market the shit out of it to get $ money needed for the top fighters. But they have very few top fighters and a shit load of b fighters... ufc made over 200mill off ppv buys last year alone but yet still pays fighters on average of 5-15k a fight while others make ungodly amounts win or lose.. Is it fair that Franklin made more then Silva when lossing the fight to him? No its things like that that urk me.. Not to mention how people argue about the talent level in the ufc... Its a joke for the most part.. I dont claim to know everything about the whole vast world of mma but I do stay up on my facts... Sorry if I come across at times as a know it all or a smartass but I tend to sound disrespectful or little to voiced about things Im passionate about.. I just would like for majority of new mma fans to realize that there is a scene outside of the ufc worth watching and no Im not talking strickly about Pride.

exitspeed
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Way off there bud.. I like seeing the mma world growing I just dont like it to be exploited and ruined like boxing... I also just live North of Hillsboro in SPringfield Il which south of the quad cities which makes me smack in the middle of Hughes country .. So I tend to get in a up roar about the ufc quite often because its constantly thrown in my face.. I dont care for the way ufc Dana White conducts themselves I dont thnk alot of the fights they put together are fair for the fans . Granted owning a org such as ufc u have to market the shit out of it to get $ money needed for the top fighters. But they have very few top fighters and a shit load of b fighters... ufc made over 200mill off ppv buys last year alone but yet still pays fighters on average of 5-15k a fight while others make ungodly amounts win or lose.. Is it fair that Franklin made more then Silva when lossing the fight to him? No its things like that that urk me.. Not to mention how people argue about the talent level in the ufc... Its a joke for the most part.. I dont claim to know everything about the whole vast world of mma but I do stay up on my facts... Sorry if I come across at times as a know it all or a smartass but I tend to sound disrespectful or little to voiced about things Im passionate about.. I just would like for majority of new mma fans to realize that there is a scene outside of the ufc worth watching and no Im not talking strickly about Pride.

Fair enough. Pride does need to get more popular here in the states though for people to have a chance to form an opinion on whether or not they think it's better or worse then UFC. I personally watch both. It does seem to me that Pride fights are little better, but I don't get to watch them as often, so I tend to prefer UFC. Plus I've been watching UFC now for like 5 years (which is longer then most fans. It really hasn't got big until about 1 1/2 ago) and I guess I just have more of a favoritism towards them. I'm looking forward to more Pride fighters coming to UFC.

Just my opinion.

zenki-217
03-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Fair enough. Pride does need to get more popular here in the states though for people to have a chance to form an opinion on whether or not they think it's better or worse then UFC. I personally watch both. It does seem to me that Pride fights are little better, but I don't get to watch them as often, so I tend to prefer UFC. Plus I've been watching UFC now for like 5 years (which is longer then most fans. It really hasn't got big until about 1 1/2 ago) and I guess I just have more of a favoritism towards them. I'm looking forward to more Pride fighters coming to UFC.

Just my opinion.
Pride and ufc have alot of diff rules that coinside with cage vs ring the nevada commission vs the rest of the world and so on... Alot of the fighters Ive notice have kind of a hard time preforming at there best in each org..I guess it tends to seperate the 2 worlds in a way...

I personally like to watch as much mma as possible regardless of the org..

Bodog IFL DEEP Pride UFC KOTC K-1 there so many out there and so many awesome fighters its hard to keep track.

exitspeed
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Pride and ufc have alot of diff rules that coinside with cage vs ring the nevada commission vs the rest of the world and so on... Alot of the fighters Ive notice have kind of a hard time preforming at there best in each org..I guess it tends to seperate the 2 worlds in a way...

I personally like to watch as much mma as possible regardless of the org..

Bodog IFL DEEP Pride UFC KOTC K-1 there so many out there and so many awesome fighters its hard to keep track.

I just watched that IFL this weekend. I guess one of the Gracy's is fighting this weekend. Though those events aren't live when they are aired.

I agree. I try to watch as much as possible. It's nice that my wife likes it too. Unlike when I try to watch pool.

WERDdabuilder
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
March 20, 2007
MERCER VS. KIMBO

Former Heavyweight Boxing Champ to Take on Kimbo Slice
By Jim Genia

Kimbo Slice - Photo courtesy of Joe Cavallaro
Kimbo
(March 30th, New York City ) “Merciless” Ray Mercer, a former WBO heavyweight boxing champ and gold medalist in the 1988 Olympics, will take on bare-knuckle boxing and Internet legend Kimbo Slice in a three-round exhibition bout utilizing professional MMA rules at the Ca ge Fury Fighting Championship 5 show, said matchmaker Gary Marino today. Dubbed “Brawl at the Hall”, CFFC 5 will take place on June 16th at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey .

“I’m very, very excited,” said Marino. “I’ve been working on trying to get Kimbo a fight for the last year. He’s a great draw, and he’s got a huge following for his fights.” Marino added: “Ray Mercer was at the Cage Fury Fighting Championship 3 show and speculated that he’d like to try [MMA], and he called me a couple weeks ago asking me to get him a fight. It’s perfect for both guys, for their style and who they are. Kimbo’s a big banger and so is Mercer.”

Known for their heavy-hands and raw power, this will be the first time either man has fought under full MMA rules – though Slice purportedly has been training in the sport for some time now at Miami ’s Freestyle Fighting Academy . However, the former boxing champ, who lost his WBO belt to Wladimir Klitschko in 2002 before stepping into the ring for Japan’s K-1 promotion in 2004 and 2005, will likely enter the cage ready to defend the takedown should the need arise. Said Marino: “Ray Mercer told me he has a bit of a wrestling background, and he’s aware Kimbo has been training down in Florida . He’s been talking about MMA for a while now… so he’ll be prepared.”

With this bout, Mercer will become the highest-profile boxer to have taken the MMA plunge. “It’s very, very intriguing. I think it’s a fantastic fight,” said Marino. “Ray Mercer is definitely going to be the hardest hitter Kimbo has ever faced… I think if they both stand in front of each other, someone is definitely going to get knocked out.”

http://www.fcfighter.com/news

i just jizzed!!!

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Dude, isn't Ray Mercer old as shit for a fighter? He's gotta be in his late 30's early 40's.

RoyalFlush
03-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I just watched that IFL this weekend. I guess one of the Gracy's is fighting this weekend. Though those events aren't live when they are aired.

I agree. I try to watch as much as possible. It's nice that my wife likes it too. Unlike when I try to watch pool.

haha i know what you mean, i love to watch pool, and poker, and mma, and my girl doesnt like any of those

i think orlovsky is one of the baddest guys out there, even though sylvia beat him, i HATE sylvia, i really really hate him.

oOdextaOo
03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Dude, isn't Ray Mercer old as shit for a fighter? He's gotta be in his late 30's early 40's.

but randy couture and a couple other guys are in that range, right? doesn't stop them from fighting.

PBucch
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Kimbo is going ot get smashed, look at htose dudeds he fights, WEAK!

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
but randy couture and a couple other guys are in that range, right? doesn't stop them from fighting.

Yea, but those are guys with years upon years of MMA experience. Mercer is a boxer. I think he's gonna get beat down.

WERDdabuilder
03-23-2007, 11:38 PM
i dislike Pride when it came state-side.

rules are changed and i think that does change the way the fighter fights. which i think hurts their performance if they are use to fighting another way.

dana white vs tito is scheduled to go down also.

KIMBO!!!

g6civcx
03-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Granted owning a org such as ufc u have to market the shit out of it to get $ money needed for the top fighters... Is it fair that Franklin made more then Silva when lossing the fight to him?

I agree it's not fair, but from the UFC's perspective Franklin does more to promote the organization than Silva, and mostly because Silva doesn't speak English.

It's not fair but that's how it is in the business world.

4thHorse
03-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Fedor Emelianenko ftw

zenki-217
03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree it's not fair, but from the UFC's perspective Franklin does more to promote the organization than Silva, and mostly because Silva doesn't speak English.

It's not fair but that's how it is in the business world.
LOL I know Xyence can only be promoted now in brazil effectively by the champ..lol

g6civcx
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
LOL I know Xyence can only be promoted now in brazil effectively by the champ..lol

Don't forget Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, and Sao Tome and Principe, East Timor, and Macau.

BC240
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Kimbo is badass but he got beatdown by Sean Gannon, A Marginal MMA fighter at best. It will be worth watching regardless.

WERDdabuilder
03-24-2007, 05:43 PM
well im sure kimbo wasnt training for that Gannon fight as much as he is REALLY training for this MMA style fight.

WERDdabuilder
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.canadastarboxing.com/ufc/ufc70/ufc70_poster_27x39_V2X200.jpg

someones finna get smashed one.

exitspeed
03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
I know Bisping is gonna beat beat down.

PBucch
03-26-2007, 08:54 AM
oh lord, I cannot wait!

BC240
03-26-2007, 10:30 AM
well im sure kimbo wasnt training for that Gannon fight as much as he is REALLY training for this MMA style fight.

I think all Kimbo does is train but you're probably right, not for an MMA fight. I thought he wanted to be a boxer? That Gannon fight was really close, both of them got royally shitkicked.

sw20>>s14
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
pbucch, love the avie because who the fuck else could kick 6'4 aleks in the head? still got mad love for aleks though...

looks like aprils gonna be a good month for mma...pride 34 kamikaze (4.8.07), ufc 69 (4.7.07), ufc 70 (4.21.07), bodog (4.14.07), king of the cage: sinister (4.27.07), cage rage: judgement day (4.21.07)...

but im looking forward to pride, ufc 70, bodog, and cage rage the most...

prides gonna be a big show already with good cards and cards in the making are gonna include: mark hunt, josh barnett, minowa, silva (if he clears), fujita, sergei, dennis kang...

ufc 70: mirko pounding gonzaga...

bodog: fedor pounding on lindland giving him even worse califlower ears...

cage rage: BOOOOOOOOOOOB SAAAAAAAAAP!!! haha...cyborg, vitor belfort, and ninja...

i may go broke buying all these ppvs...or maybe ill be bad and go to my super secret site that streams...lol...

pbcstylez
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
brian hit me up for the april MMA month

sw20>>s14
03-27-2007, 12:19 AM
oh hell yeah man...

in other very grime news: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3669&zoneid=13

i knew it was around the corner...and im skeptical, but at this point, ive come to terms with myself that its no longer a rumor...it was inevitable...farewell to one of the best damn MMA productions that ever existed...

edit: actually, theyre conflicting stories so i dont even know anymore...but even then, you cant help but know its coming sooner or later...

zenki-217
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
oh hell yeah man...

in other very grime news: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3669&zoneid=13

i knew it was around the corner...and im skeptical, but at this point, ive come to terms with myself that its no longer a rumor...it was inevitable...farewell to one of the best damn MMA productions that ever existed...

edit: actually, theyre conflicting stories so i dont even know anymore...but even then, you cant help but know its coming sooner or later...
The rumors are finally true..:bow:

PBucch
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I said it last week that it was going down for real, not like im really an insider or anything haha.

Word on the Avie, the full pic is on wikipedia, his form is so beautiful. Perfect posture.

Brian, what song is that line in your sig from, sooo good. Dont be shy if you wanna share that streaming site you can just pm me ;0

WERDdabuilder
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
http://i12.tinypic.com/47b6aev.jpg

anyone want? holla at me.

zenki-217
03-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I said it last week that it was going down for real, not like im really an insider or anything haha.

Those rumors have been floating around for the past 2 months with Dana White denying them..

exitspeed
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
http://i12.tinypic.com/47b6aev.jpg

anyone want? holla at me.

No thanks. Not a fan.

swift_style
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
MMA is tight... Sakuraba is my hero and he knocked Shamrock out with one punch.

WERDdabuilder
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
No thanks. Not a fan.

just wondering, whats your take on chuck?

exitspeed
03-28-2007, 03:28 PM
just wondering, whats your take on chuck?

He's a great fighter. Seems like a decent guy. I've just been a Tito fan since before their first fight, like 5-7 years ago.

Also he just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. Nothing real specific.

He's not that great a champ to me either. He seems to have a personality of moss. He's not someone I would look up to. He's not a MJ. Not a real fair comparison, but eh.

WERDdabuilder
03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
ha understandable.

im no chuck dickrider or anything. just a good fighter to me.

exitspeed
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
ha understandable.

im no chuck dickrider or anything. just a good fighter to me.

Yea, I'd say he's a good fighter if someone asked me.

oOdextaOo
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
true, he gets the job done....at least till his rematch with rampage xD

exitspeed
03-28-2007, 03:56 PM
true, he gets the job done....at least till his rematch with rampage xD

Can't wait.:bigok:

KidSaru
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Quinton is nowhere near the way he was when he first fought Chuck though...Although, Liddel isn't in the shape he was either...Either way, I hope to see Chuck bloody again.

zenki-217
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Quinton is nowhere near the way he was when he first fought Chuck though...Although, Liddel isn't in the shape he was either...Either way, I hope to see Chuck bloody again.

Rampage did lose some mojo after the SIlva - SHogun episodes .. But he says with coming to the ufc is like starting fresh and hes never trained so hard so hopefully he pounds the shit out of liddel because yeah he rubs me wrong to..

Liddel's good only because of his unorthodox style it kind of throws people off and he runs with it right along with his take down defense... Hes also beat alot of top name mma guys from around the world but I also think alot of those guys could beat him in a rematch...

Rampage FTMFW!!!!

renski
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
looks like dana white bought pride...

ESone3
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
looks like dana white bought pride...
wAAAAAA? really?

oOdextaOo
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
not dana, the ferttitas brothers.

sw20>>s14
03-29-2007, 04:20 PM

Word on the Avie, the full pic is on wikipedia, his form is so beautiful. Perfect posture.

Brian, what song is that line in your sig from, sooo good. Dont be shy if you wanna share that streaming site you can just pm me ;0

yeah, the rumors have been circulating for at least the last 3-4 months after the real deal, but now its official...the conference on tuesday morning almost brought tears to my eyes...the pride logo may still be alive, but i know im my heart that the "pride fc" that i fell in love with years ago under sakakibara is dead and no more...

and the song is "walk it out" remix featuring andre3000, jim jones, and big boi...some really interesting lyrics and statements from andre3000 and big boi...the rest is crap...and about the link, ill PM it to you as soon as i get home...

and on the topic of quinton vs chuck...you guys seriously think quinton still has a chance? hes no where near where he was when he fought chuck in 03...plus, dont forget under UFC rules, no knees to a downed opponent, which if memory serves me correct, was what made the biggest contributing factor for his win against liddell...and regardless of chuck not being challenged or tested with his recent opponents (with the exception of tito, IMO), his skills have been only getting better and better...it might not look good, or look effective, but hes got striking down to a science...and his takedown defense is the best...and quintons last fight before eastman against lindland wasnt too impressive either...not to mention that he looked terrible against marvin...even though he claimed that "he didnt train at all for that fight", is that any way to expect to win? i am a mild chuck fan, but not those sherdog liddell nuthuggers...i enjoy liddells fights, but on a personal level, i want jackson to win and hes my pick...if you want to be realistic about it, jacksons got no chance...

btw, did anyone actually watch or read about the conference? i hated dana as it was, but after his comments at the conference, man, hes such a fuckin cocky douche...i wish he didnt stiff tito out of that boxing match because i would have loved for him to get his fat, pudgy, pink ass to get handed to him...

PBucch
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I did not see the press conference, is it on youtube?

exitspeed
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I didn't see it either. Have a link to it where I can read it?

sw20>>s14
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
http://members.mmaweekly.com/BehindTheScenes.asp

dana is such a cocky douche...i hate his attitude and mentality towards the sport...someone needs to feed that pink puffball a slice of humble pie and for the longest time, i was hoping it would be sakakibara...prides ruined w/o soccer kicks or stomps...not to mention that chute boxe's whole lineup has no more acceptable strikes...pride fc worldwide? wtf is that? -_-

on a lighter note, i just watched a clip of liddell RNC'g an asian pornstar...and the same pornstar getting RNC'd by someone else half naked...i couldnt tell if i was more disturbed or turned on, lol =P

4thHorse
03-30-2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/94063/Chuck_Liddel_Passes_Out_During_Interview.html

Hope that doesn't get me in trouble

As for rampage vs iceman... I hate Iceman, but I think he will win. I look at Rampage as stepping down to the minor league, he could no longer get it done in Pride. He puts to much time and energy into trying to power bomb someone. He doesn't have the raw power and drive like before all show and no go. Plus the UFC rules are going to hurt him, he has to change his style while Chuck wont. I kind of put Rampage and Kevin Randleman in the same place when they want to fight they will fight if not then blah.

money on Rampage even though Iceman will win

sw20>>s14
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM
haha, chuck was so loaded up on sleep medicine and antibiotics...but its still funny to see his responses and the interviewers reactions...but damn, when it first came out and no one knew what was up, it was pretty scary...

WERDdabuilder
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Floyd-Mayweather-Takes-Shots-At-Chuck-Liddell--MMA.html

Floyd Mayweather Takes Shots At Chuck Liddell & MMA

exitspeed
03-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Damn dude sounds like shit. Why would he load himself up on painkillers before a TV interview.

There's a just a little more respect I've lost for him.

PBucch
03-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh man I fucking love PBF, hes just not that bright, hes the only good boxer going right now. =(

WERDdabuilder
03-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Damn dude sounds like shit. Why would he load himself up on painkillers before a TV interview.

There's a just a little more respect I've lost for him.

from what dana says, chuck was sick and was taking some medicine which made him like that. dana was going off at the people around chuck that let him do that.

infinitexsound
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
that was a funny interview..... cant wait for the next pride.... gettin tired of watching boring ass UFC.....

WERDdabuilder
04-02-2007, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxUvv9HYw8

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2342/hisaepwnagepz1.gif

hah nice chick MMA.

oOdextaOo
04-02-2007, 09:20 AM
ahaha awesome flintstones attire

exitspeed
04-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I watched Ultimate Fighter Season 3 marathon yesterday.

Tito is a really good coach.

Shamrock looks like a moron.

For some reason I didn't like Kendal when I saw the show originally. I like him now though. Don't know what my beef was with him.

Season 3 is by far the best one yet.

Season 5 starts on Thursday. Can't wait.

oOdextaOo
04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
yeah, it was my first time watching TUF and it wasn't bad. a bit more girly-ass drama than i expected out of a show like this, but whatevers. definitely can't wait to see how season 5 turns out (especially since bj penn is one of the coaches!11~ :giggleslikeschoolgirl: )

exitspeed
04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea they mentioned in the commercial for season 5 a new weight class that is going to change the sport??? I think it was a light weight class of some sort.

sw20>>s14
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxUvv9HYw8

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2342/hisaepwnagepz1.gif

hah nice chick MMA.

gotta love smackgirl...some of them are viscious...i think that one chicks name is something watanabe right? havent kept up with it in a while...

oOdextaOo
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Yea they mentioned in the commercial for season 5 a new weight class that is going to change the sport??? I think it was a light weight class of some sort.

ya, i'm pretty sure it said "lightweight" or something in really big lettering as the "weight class that is going to change the sport"-part was on :P

BOROSUN
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
speaking of mma girls, gina carano is cute and talented.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/stills3/gina-carano-070228/gina-carano-mma-fighter-0.jpg

oOdextaOo
04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
speaking of mma girls, gina carano is cute and talented.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/stills3/gina-carano-070228/gina-carano-mma-fighter-0.jpg

speaking of gina carano:

http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/03.07/Gina%20Carano%20tees%20off.gif

http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/03.07/GIna%20Carano_hawtness.gif

http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/03.07/1468281521_l.jpg

PBucch
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Cute as hell.