PDA

View Full Version : WTB Fast, reliable, well maintained 240 in Orange County, CA under $15k

steelstrings
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm looking for a fast, reliable, and well-maintained 240sx in Orange County, CA. The car has to be street legal as well and with preferably low mileage on the engine. I'm not much a expert on 240's yet, so bear with me if I sound like a noob.

I'm looking to spend under $15k. The car should be able to pass emissions, and it will be driven daily.

Thanks.

Flybert
09-24-2006, 08:35 PM
"Street legal" + "Pass Emissions" does not equal "Fast"

A fast 240sx might not be the car for you.

downshift_sideways
09-24-2006, 08:39 PM
wow 15k for a "fast and reliable 240sx" get outta here with that BS.

Get an evo9 and love life

steelstrings
09-25-2006, 12:23 AM
well I said under $15k. And fast to me is anything just as or faster than my RX8 I used to own. To me, anything that can do the quarter in under 15secs is quick enough.

so all of you have track-only cars then?

mrmephistopheles
09-25-2006, 01:41 AM
no, but to make a 240sx fast generally means you need to add boost, which for 240s is not street legal.

downshift_sideways
09-25-2006, 01:58 AM
I think the power of stock KA's should meet his satisfaction.

I agree with mrmeph, Unless you wanna go ITBS. then you have no boost but power n/a

And with 15k or less, your car market is extremely open.

A Spec Products
09-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Just buy a stock one and do it up yourself, especially if you are new to 240s.

That's just me, I don't believe in buying turn key cars, takes the fun and satisfaction out of building up a car.

Some situations warrant that, but in your case I think just start off stock first, rather than just blowing $15k.

Cause if I had $15k I wouldn't be buying a 240 that's what.

steelstrings
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
^^What would you buy if you had $15k then?

Again I'm more looking at getting a car around 8-10k but 15k is my limit if I find a really nice car.

I don't have time to buy a stock car and build it up because I'm a full-time college student.

From what you guys are saying it sounds like the 240 is not for me. Thanks for the replies.

ohnobigtdawg
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
hmm, the 240 is for everyone, but i think the joy in owning a 240 is taking your time to build your own. i mean, im not asking you to drop out of school and work on your car all day, but im saying is and i think what most of the people here do here is, buy a stock clean reliable 240 and modify as you please and according to your schedule. doesnt take all of your time, and you'll enjoy and appreicate your car alot more. but if thats not for you then go for it and buy a built one. just my 2 cents.

** if i had 15k, id buy a honda fit daily drive the car. and save some more cash and buy a 240 shell to work on, on the weekends..
good luck buddy

BoLLeH
09-27-2006, 01:58 AM
hmm, the 240 is for everyone, but i think the joy in owning a 240 is taking your time to build your own. i mean, im not asking you to drop out of school and work on your car all day, but im saying is and i think what most of the people here do here is, buy a stock clean reliable 240 and modify as you please and according to your schedule. doesnt take all of your time, and you'll enjoy and appreicate your car alot more. but if thats not for you then go for it and buy a built one. just my 2 cents.

** if i had 15k, id buy a honda fit daily drive the car. and save some more cash and buy a 240 shell to work on, on the weekends..
good luck buddy

:werd: That sounds like the route.

steelstrings
09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
a fit? no thanks. I've given up on the 240 dream for now and I'm just gonna ride my '99 Altima out for a few years and buy a used STI sometime down the road.