PDA

View Full Version : Giong to Thialand

soawsome
09-23-2006, 11:43 AM
So my brother moved to thialand for a couple years for his gf. he has been there for 6 months now. and due to cheap costs there building up a resort or hotel of some sort.... anyways there getting married now and he wants me and the rest of my familly to come and visit him. he got tickets and were gunna be giong for a month to thialand and some time in some nieghboring countrys.

my brother tells me that cars are very very expensive there. i did some internet research and came up with some prices and it seems that new cars there are like 4 times the price they are here.

but i have also heard a very few people say they went there to visit and got sr motors for 500 bucks. i am just intrested if there will be anything good i can pick up there since i will be there for awhile.

i have heard also that SR motors are all over there .... like civics with them and all types of shit. anyways if you have any insight to share please do.

also anybody have any clue as to do about shipping it there. and just for you know my brother has a pretty big house he tells me with some extra room so maybe he wont mind if something sits there for a month or two if that makes a diffrence

undesiredshoe
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
well if you can find an extra rwd sr for $500 with the tranny and uncut harness, i call dibs on it!

TiNMAN
09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
me fucking too yo

JVD
09-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah guys! He can just toss them in his carry-on for you. :rolleyes:

ThaiTea
09-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Yes it is very true...I am from Thailand and car are stupidly expensive but... parts and labor are dirt cheap...well used part atleast. You will see a lot of hybrid swap in Thailand...We are ghetto but it's works...common engine in thailand are the 1jz and 2jz..u will see that in almost anything...bmw, mercedes, volvo...cefiro...name it.
They are trick of the trade of getting good parts and engine...pretty much u have to know exactly on what u r looking for or else u may get jib..
good luck have fun...I will go back this winter

oh btw it's ThAIland not thIAland

thaiger77
09-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Yes, I have seens plenty of hybrid there myself. Anything from RB26 cefiros to 1000hps Supras.

thaiger77
09-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Here are some pictures of a local car dealership near my parent's house in Thailand.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704317_13_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704317_12_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704317_11_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704317_14_full.jpg
This black Supra have close to 1000hp.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704317_15_full.jpg

Team Rootbeer
09-23-2006, 03:12 PM
i wouldnt go anywhere near Thailand right now.
they are in the middle of a "coup", if you dont know what that means use google.

its bad. my freind is there, and he isnt enjoying any of it b/c of the situation

P4rD0nM3
09-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah guys! He can just toss them in his carry-on for you. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha.:rl: :rl: :rl:

Thai food is good. Go to the philippines!!! Hella cheaper!11

ALTRNTV
09-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Philippines is cheap, but parts for our cars aren't plentiful there.

SR motors are plentiful in Thailand. My friend visited there a year ago and got his SR motorset for $800.

soawsome
09-23-2006, 04:37 PM
well the situation there having there now my brother says its nothing. but anyways i am giong all month in january since its the nice season there.

thaiger77
09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
i wouldnt go anywhere near Thailand right now.
they are in the middle of a "coup", if you dont know what that means use google.

its bad. my freind is there, and he isnt enjoying any of it b/c of the situation

I wouldn't even call it a "coup" according to some of my families that are living in Thailand. The Thai Army were out to keep peace in case of an up raising against the current Prime Minister. They are not taking over the government or the country. The media such as CNN just make it sounds more than it is because of the tanks and soilders with M-16s. But yeah, SR parts are cheaper plus they have stores like HKS that can tuned/chip your ECU how ever you want.

Hailtothesilvia
09-25-2006, 09:22 PM
I am from Thailand as well.

the last time i went back was the first time i actually have any knowledge about cars and i seriously almost shit myself when i saw my cousin's POS Isuzu w/ 2jz swap lol

yea, price tags on new car there are freakin retarded. I remember the price for a brandnew Z33 was around $125k. Thai people are balling these days i'm guessing

Tao

soawsome
09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
so hard and how much do you think it would be to pick up a sr motor ... and would i be able to find a shipper to bring it back to the states ...

btw my brother lives in ceter of bangcok

Hailtothesilvia
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
so hard and how much do you think it would be to pick up a sr motor ... and would i be able to find a shipper to bring it back to the states ...

btw my brother lives in ceter of bangcok

last time i went back i didn't bother to bring anything that big back...just small stuff i could fit in my suitcase. I did saw few SRs for pretty cheap, around 600-800 complete but as far as shipping, i don't have a clue

the place is call "Shiang Gong" it's in Bang Na right outside bangkok, about 45 mins drive if you're lucky w/ traffic. This place is basically Auto Mall, 5 city blocks of car parts....Heaven