PDA

View Full Version : Drivers at the PUMP BEWARE

mistaanime
09-21-2006, 11:10 PM
aiite..you guys i just got this in the email from one of my friend's and i think everyone needs to be warned..

Southern California, Florida and other places on the East Coast a group of people are putting HIV/AIDS infected and filled needles underneath gas pump handles, so when someone reaches to pick it up and put gas in their car, they get stabbed with it. 16 people have been a victim of this crime so far and 10 tested HIV positive. Instead of posting that stupid crap about how your love life will suck for years to come of you don't re-post, post this. It's important to inform people, even if you don't drive, a family member might, and what if they were next?

CHECK UNDER THE HANDLE BEFORE YOU GRAB IT!!! IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE! Tell as many people as you can about this serious issue.

http://bargainshaq.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/hivaids-needles-hidden-under-gas-pumps/

Repost with the title:

HIV/AIDS Needles hidden under gas pumps

SiI40sx
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
until i see this on the news this is bullshit

swwifty
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
until i see this on the news this is bullshit

do you believe everything you hear on the news? I sure hope not.

HalveBlue
09-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh nos!

I guess the guy that used to put HIV/AIDS infected needles in movie theaters is back with a new bag of tricks.

You don't suppose he's the same guy that put all those razor blades and needles in candy during Halloween, do you?

touge-isogu
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
one hallows eve when i was young i got razor blades.... it does happen

and this is the same scare tatic that bigbrother used back in the day except it was with phone booths, puting needles where the change is...

kY.gordon
09-22-2006, 12:11 AM
your brother put needles in the change slot?! what an asshole

!Zar!
09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
What's next, needles in condoms? Hmm.

drift freaq
09-22-2006, 12:37 AM
That is the biggest amount of horsehit.If it does happen it will mostly likely be perpatrated by some nut, that read that blog and thought, wow thats how I will get back at humanity.

kuramaya
09-22-2006, 12:38 AM
It is extremely hard for the HIV virus to live outside of the host. This being said, I almost gurantee if an HIV positve person filled a syringe and it was not immedietly sent to another host, it will not pass. I know alot about HIV. This is bullshit. One of the reasons (among many) it is so hard to find a cure is the difficulty doctors have keeping the virus alive in laboratory's. Don't believe me, join an HIV forum and post this question. There is one you can join called aidsmeds. Oh and AIDS is not H.I.V. Aids does not begin until years after contracting H.I.V.
Late
Daryl

ramblux
09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/gaspump.asp

Really, if people would check snopes.com before posting stupid shit the world would be a better place.

Even a quick search on Google shows that it's a hoax. But, better to spread bullshit rumors than to take a second to find out the truth, eh?

RiversideS13
09-22-2006, 01:16 AM
lol so just go to a popular gas station (cheap), someone else will get it before you do!

anyway, lame hoax

nrg
09-22-2006, 02:04 AM
omg guys, i got a email saying that 240sx are lame econ box.

btw, this is one of the oldest hoax on the internet haha.

mrmephistopheles
09-22-2006, 05:04 AM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/gaspump.asp

Really, if people would check snopes.com before posting stupid shit the world would be a better place.

Even a quick search on Google shows that it's a hoax. But, better to spread bullshit rumors than to take a second to find out the truth, eh?
Thank goodness I scrolled thru the rest of the thread. You saved me a few minutes, Mike.

Snopes

for

the

WIN.

ballr858
09-22-2006, 05:39 AM
wtf? i heard about this at least 2 or 3 years ago. not very believable, but i still find myself gripping the handle slowly before picking it up. somehow i made it a habit. damned hoaxes ruining my gas pumping experiences...

Phlip
09-22-2006, 05:54 AM
This reminds me of the messages I get every day from dumb people on Yahoo messenger "yahoo is shutting down, forward this message to everyone on your contacts list if you don't wan't to lose your account," or the classic bullshit ones, like the old "this is an AOL/Microsoft Beta test, forward this email to as many people as you can and you will receive a check from Bill Gates for $5.00 for everyone that receives it, IT'S TRUE! I got my check yesterday!"

mrmephistopheles
09-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Shit I remember when those ran rampant through ICQ..

txrxs
09-22-2006, 06:53 AM
While you're at the pump you pretty much get fucked in the ass, which, if the pump itself had HIV, would be a much better way to infect you then a needle.

koukimonster139
09-22-2006, 07:04 AM
wtf? i heard about this at least 2 or 3 years ago. not very believable, but i still find myself gripping the handle slowly before picking it up. somehow i made it a habit. damned hoaxes ruining my gas pumping experiences...

lmao. ^
thread starter - thx for your care but its B.S. HIV strands cannot survive well outside the human body, let alone in heat or hot areas > socal, florida, etc.. HIV strands are very fragile and the propertys of gasoline and gasoline vapors would kill the strand immediately.

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 10:45 AM
THIS HAS to be true!! I got it in a myspace bulletin! OMFG LIKE IM SO SCURRED

And did you guys hear about the two people on the motorcycle, and their brakes went out? WOW THATS SO ROMANTIC I WANT A GUY LIKE THAT!

Cash
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
The problem with this is, HIV has a very very very short survival period outside of the body. Unless they JUST stabbed themselves with the needle and then you get stuck with it while the blood is still fresh, you're not going to get HIV. And if the email you got specifically said "HIV/AIDS infected and filled needles", then whoever wrote that is not educated about the matter. AIDS is a syndrome (auto immune deficiency syndrome) and you can't fill anything w/ a syndrome. it seems like if someone was serious, they would be a little bit more careful to have their facts straight when spreading this kind of information.

There are however some very nasty bacteria they could use that would rock your world just as hard or harder than the HIV. ..if they really wanted to be jerks.

nonissan
09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
now hepatitis i would believe. that's one mean bugger. can live in dry blood for (i think) up to a week!!!! now i heard there was a guy going around antarctica placing broken pieces of glass on the ground with hepatitis. so y'all be carefull ya heard?

P4rD0nM3
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Shit I remember when those ran rampant through ICQ..

You still use ICQ? OLD SKOOL MAN! Hahaha! I still use it. Hehehe.

PITCH
09-22-2006, 03:21 PM
this is the funniest thread ever....

SiI40sx
09-22-2006, 07:09 PM
after 911 do i believe everything i see on the news? uhhh yes you think that this type of terrorist act will be allowed by the U.S? Youd have to be a dumbass to believe that shit, its like saying

"i got a message from a friend saying that terrorist found out a way to load up planes with explosives!! and they get trigged when you flush the toilet of the airplane!!!"

uhh yeah not in this present time buddy