PDA

View Full Version : Almost got pulled over tonight

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Ok, so this is what happened:
I was on my way to my friend Jared's house, 'cuz he is my gym partner..
He lives on the 5th floor of his apartment building.

Jared can hear my car coming from down the street.. so when I roll over to his house, I make a little noise so that he can hear me and start heading down the elevator. (So I'm not waiting for him forever.)

So from Telegraph, I make a right onto Parker.
I accelerate quickly.. blow off my blow off valve really loudly and then come to the stop sign where I would normally turn left to go to his apartment.

There's a car facing my direction coming down the street.. as I stop, its a cop. I wait for him to move, he doesn't. So instead of making a left (and giving him prime position to pull behind me and pull me over) I go straight.
He mobilizes.. and then pops the first available U-turn and starts following me down the street about 20 yards behind me.

I start trying to hide my wideband display and I make a right at the first stop sign. As I'm almost to the next stop sign, I see lights coming around the corner in my rear view.. so I bust another immediate right.. Then, I continue and he continues to persue.

So the next stop sign, I California stop it. And then I throw some left turns into the mix.. and I lose him.

I make my way back to Jared's and Jared is standing outside. I yell out, "hey man, I just ran from the cops." He says "yah man, I thought you did, I saw that cop go after you when you went straight."

Freakin' bad-ass.
I could not deal with having the car impounded when I'm so close to getting it finished..

Close call indeed.

jessfx
09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
wow. evading the law.

go emo nemo

k0uki
09-21-2006, 01:38 AM
haha nice, i remmeber my friend ran from 3 cops in one night. had to hide his supra at my house for the night

!Zar!
09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
It's cause you are, "Tanned".

Luck you are. Next time you are almost at his house, call him. haha.

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Hella Tanned.. haha
Yah, phone is a wiser option..

RiversideS13
09-21-2006, 02:10 AM
California Roll?

Sil-Abc
09-21-2006, 02:11 AM
hahah when u said california roll i thought sushi haha. "did he just throw california rolls at the cop?!"

-usmd-180sx
09-21-2006, 02:31 AM
"Toretto! Stop!" **Evan starts running down the street, and his homie comes to the rescue with the sushi!!**

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 02:34 AM
LMAO.. edited.. but that was some funny shit..

EchoOfSilence
09-21-2006, 03:02 AM
You're a G.

Keep that shit rollin!

95zilvia
09-21-2006, 03:19 AM
Damn you almost got busted for DWA!
Wait, are u even asian, lol

EchoOfSilence
09-21-2006, 03:28 AM
no he's belgian/mexican

-usmd-180sx
09-21-2006, 03:33 AM
MmMmmM, Belgian Burittos, ^_^

jessfx
09-21-2006, 04:34 AM
i want belgian waffles with some chorizo.... where's it at?!

evan, let's have breakfast over some coronas and jagerbombs.

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Thats a hard core breakfast.. for hardcore people.. I'm down.

WilloW
09-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I hid from the cop in a semi weighing station before. Impound would've sucked ass.

HyperTek
09-21-2006, 08:33 AM
man,, if i woulda posted that.. i woulda got replys like "your an ass" and.. "maybe becuase you dont track ur car u got picked on" bs like that.. fuck zilvia.

lol enough venting.. good thing tho, you never know what they would have did to you.

WilloW
09-21-2006, 08:38 AM
man,, if i woulda posted that.. i woulda got replys like "your an ass" and.. "maybe becuase you dont track ur car u got picked on" bs like that.. fuck zilvia.

lol enough venting.. good thing tho, you never know what they would have did to you.
I would've given you the same reply, because if I hate I would be a hypocrite since I did almost the same thing. Although this is when I was young and stupid.

P4rD0nM3
09-21-2006, 09:49 AM
What's a CALIFORNIA STOP? +1 to whoever helps.

ThatGuy
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
It means he didn't fully stop at the stop sign. He approached the sign, slowed down, but did not make a complete stop before continueing.

kingsol
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Driving a 240 in berkeley = pulled over.
thanks for making it scarier to drive...
good you got away though, kinda

fromxtor
09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I've had to evade the cops a few times, I hate it when your driving home late at night from somewhere and a cop decides he's going to flip a bitch and follow you because he's bored.

SiI40sx
09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
your sooooooooo lying, FIRST off you had me at gym partner, thats when I immediately said oh ok nemo is gay, THEEEN I soooo know you rolled up to the stop and you saw lights coming towards you, so lowered your head in attempt to see around the oncoming vechiles headlights, then as you realized it was a cop, you sighed, and looked for your best trance initial d cd, played your favorite song, embraced yourself and starting bumping it, as soon as the first bass beat hit, you took off, then the vocals started and thats when you busted your first drift on that sharp corner by your friends house, you kept countersteering to avoid hitting the curbs while you saw those red and blue lights itching at your neck, and then you finally did the matrix drift while the song was ending and then you saw the cop behind you get air. You e-braked it causing you to completely stop perfectly in front of your friends house and as the song ended the cop car blew up in mid air, then landed hard and upside down perfectly insight through your rearview mirror. Your friend came out, and you said, "lets roll..... gym partner" and started to play your next song.....

seriously foo just tell the truth, gosh

drift freaq
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
hahah when u said california roll i thought sushi haha. "did he just throw california rolls at the cop?!"

throwing California rolls at cops :rofl: hhahahhahhahha

Neme: um you see judge, I wanted to make him happy.So I thought I would throw some California rolls at him,so he could eat them! Yes I know its not right to throw food at cops. -tilts head downwards looks at floor with dejected emo gaze.

tacotacotaco
09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
If you ever get pulled over in irvine, if your quick enough you can contact a friend to make a call about a shooting in the Irvine area, Irvine cops need action.

LB.Motoring
09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
^ LOL that would be some james bond shit right there, auto dail a friend, hit some keys like beep beep, all of a sudden, bam cops take off, toobad it doest work that way. It still takes a little bit for the dissbatcher to get it, comply, and send units in the area. But, in theory, I could work, if you were discribing the same location etc.

I would love to hear that story =D

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
throwing California rolls at cops :rofl: hhahahhahhahha

Neme: um you see judge, I wanted to make him happy.So I thought I would throw some California rolls at him,so he could eat them! Yes I know its not right to throw food at cops. -tilts head downwards looks at floor with dejected emo gaze.

haha, he probably would have eaten them and left me alone!

I wish i could make sushi..

!Zar!
09-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I wish you could make me sushi also.

NemeGuero
09-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Jon Wayne can..

drift freaq
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Party at Jon Wayne's House! hahahhahhahhahha

kouki_s14
09-21-2006, 07:42 PM
so anyone know the reason behind the naming of "california roll"?

Edit: the sushi i mean
or well dam both the rolling stop sign thing too
something to think about eh?

RiversideS13
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
The origin of the California roll is somewhat murky, but usually food historians credit Ichiro Mashita, sushi chef at the Tokyo Kaikan in Los Angeles with inventing the roll in the early 1970s. [1] Mashita realized the oily texture of avocado was a perfect substitute for toro. He also eventually made the roll "inside-out", i.e. uramaki, because Americans did not like seeing and chewing the nori on the outside of the roll. [2]

After becoming popular in southern California it eventually became popular all across the United States by the 1980s, and is known in Japan as the Kashu-maki. The roll contributed to sushi's growing popularity in the United States by easing diners into more exotic sushi options.[3]

Hidekazu Tojo, now of Tojo's restaurant in Vancouver, B.C., claims to have invented the roll around the same time as Mashita, although he initially called it the Tojo-maki. [2]

resource:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_roll

http://www.elbahiense.com.ar/Fotos/Maki/zoom/California-1.jpg

SiI40sx
09-21-2006, 11:19 PM
^^ damn thats some sushi 101 shit right there

ONYX S-13
09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
It's also making me hungry.. I haven't had sushi for a while now.