PDA

View Full Version : zilvia why are so sloooow???

zanos
09-17-2006, 09:50 PM
wtf is it with zilvia.net being so slow,i feel like im on 56k modem anytime i visit this website...almost makes me want to smash my monitor with a hummer:rl:

ALTRNTV
09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
almost makes me want to smash my monitor with a hummer :rl:

Here, use mine.

http://www.fordf150.net/photos/data/500/10433hummer_H1.jpg

mr_240sx
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
well if you would buy a few stickers, then we would be much closer to having a faster site! iirc most of the hardware has been purchased!

LB.Motoring
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
wtf is it with zilvia.net being so slow,i feel like im on 56k modem anytime i visit this website...almost makes me want to smash my monitor with a hummer:rl:

sorry if it said premium user below your name, you shouldnt bitch.

that means you are on a free ride, and your bitching bout it.

no you cant have your cheese and eat it too. Contrubute cash dolla, then bitch, becouse your paying for the new upgrades, if you dont know what im talking about read around.

good day sir. :duh:

FaLKoN240
09-18-2006, 01:52 AM
At work Zilvia is slow for me. It sucks, but at my house it's fast. So I don't care.

mrmephistopheles
09-18-2006, 03:27 AM
I don't get it. I'm in freakin' Japan and Zilvia is quick for me.

soreballz
09-18-2006, 05:08 AM
You FEEL like you're on 56K when you visit this site?
Man, I AM on 56K. Quit your bitching. lol

fliprayzin240sx
09-18-2006, 06:23 AM
You FEEL like you're on 56K when you visit this site?
Man, I AM on 56K. Quit your bitching. lol

LOL...:D But yah you dont whine bout how slow zilvia is. If you like the site but hate the servers...help us and yourself out by either buying premium membership or zilvia stickers thats put to use for upgrading the site. But like said before, if you still wanna gripe bout it...:rl:

Phlip
09-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I swear it is not moderation privilege, Zilvia is just as fast to me now as it has been since I ditched dialup about 2 years ago

exitspeed
09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Don't forget you can change the how many pages are shown if you go into your User CP. That made a pretty big difference for me. Though if you wanna search through old stuff you have to go back in and make another change.

Try that though...

RJF
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
The statement made above is correct. We have purchased and received all the hardware components for the new server, except one card to allow us to use all six disk drives. That part should be in on Wednesday.

After that we will start building the server, loading the software and testing. Our current plan is to do this transition with almost zero-downtime (1 hr or less), that's why we are doing all software configuration and testing off-line.

We will keep everyone advised of our progress.

Cash
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I heard they have all the best and brightest at MIT working on the situation, just for YOU zanos! Isn't zilvia wonderful? They love us more than our own parents. ..dont hate, appreciate.

Gnnr
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Hmm, pinged it from the University lab here. Getting a 25% loss, but usually its fine. :dunno:

nrg
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
zilvia is fine. but i think there are hidden scripts on this forum. each time i load a page, it loads up the top half of the php code, then it takes 10sec later to load up the bottom half of the php code.

here's an error on the for sale forum:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\includes\functions .php on line 4336
error in this thread:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\includes\functions .php on line 4336

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\includes\class_cor e.php on line 2866

Access-solutions.com (your guys web banner software) stays loading under adclick.php. so there has to be a code you guys are using to make "more" money under these ads.

what's http://zilvia.us.intellitxt.com/intellitxt/front.asp?ipid=XXX? each page has this code running.

sncs14
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
zilvia is fine. but i think there are hidden scripts on this forum. each time i load a page, it loads up the top half of the php code, then it takes 10sec later to load up the bottom half of the php code.

here's an error on the for sale forum:
error in this thread:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\includes\class_cor e.php on line 2866

Access-solutions.com (your guys web banner software) stays loading under adclick.php. so there has to be a code you guys are using to make "more" money under these ads.

what's http://zilvia.us.intellitxt.com/intellitxt/front.asp?ipid=XXX? each page has this code running.
Probably the green underlined text with the pop-up balloons.
Zilvia loads slightly slower than some other forums, but not slow enough that is a bother. It's fast at home and faster at work due to T1 speed LAN and a better computer.

240's"r"us
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
zilvia is fast for me i just got comcast and i loooove it

RJF
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Those PHP errors are just the server timing out due to load and traffic. That should be fixed within a few weeks once the new hardware is online.

There's no code running under our banner software, all it does is display the banners. It just happens to be running on on another server (www.access-solutions.com is my consulting company) in the same cabinet since we had a major database corruption about nine months or so ago and we couldn't get the old version of the software to run on the existing server, since we had to upgrade the mySQL software on Zilvia to the latest version and the ad software wouldn't run under that version of mySQL. The ad software will be upgraded as part of the new system and integrated back onto the Zilvia server.

Yes, Intellitext is a third-party ad serving offering that provides the context-sensitive ads (green underlines). What it is doing is scanning the page for keywords and then providing relevant ads. If everyone would click one or two or these ads a day, we'd be well on our way to covering our monthly bandwidth and hosting charges. (hint hint) :D

Since Mark (WeST) and me are running Zilvia as a private operation, we need the support of our advertisers to be able to cover our monthly bandwidth and hosting charges, plus plan upgrades to keep Zilvia running and growing. We managed to save the money to buy this new server, along with the help of a credit card, but now covering bandwidth and hosting charges needs to be handled also, along with the possible increased costs in upgrading the bandwith, since we are approaching our cap.

We appreciate everyone's patience during this transition period and again would like to thank those that have supported Zilvia by purchasing stickers or a Premium Membership. Just give us alittle more time and I am sure you will not be disappointed in Zilvia.

-Bob

zanos
09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
i dont hate,i love zilvia,but sometimes it just pisses me off:)But yeah,sometimes it will load really quickly,but then it starts lagging,like when i would go to 2nd page of any thread for example,it just gets stuck and loads forever....But anyways,no hate from me,just wondering whats up;)
P.S.premium membership?never heard of it,how much is that?And do i get to be a proud wearer of ZILVIA sticker:)

Phlip
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
i dont hate,i love zilvia,but sometimes it just pisses me off:)But yeah,sometimes it will load really quickly,but then it starts lagging,like when i would go to 2nd page of any thread for example,it just gets stuck and loads forever....But anyways,no hate from me,just wondering whats up;)
P.S.premium membership?never heard of it,how much is that?And do i get to be a proud wearer of ZILVIA sticker:)
Premium membership is $10.00/year, information is here:
http://www.zilvia.net/index.php?page=premium
You can buy Zilvia stickers in the chat section, here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105630

Vatche
09-19-2006, 01:50 AM
now that Phlip has posted the links for you. and saved u the trouble of finding them. go out and take care of business.

and dont bitch about things of this matter again. its pointless.