PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento area

Boostedrex
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm going to pick up a '91 240 with an SR in it here in the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to see if there is any type of club or group in Sac. Speak up if you guys are around. I don't know as much about Nissan's yet as I want to so I'm out to learn.

Zach

gun
09-14-2006, 01:08 PM
yes. there are groups of people around sac and all the way up to placerville like me that have small meets. most of em are on running-free.org.

Boostedrex
09-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the head's up. I knew about running-free.org but I was hoping that there was a different group of people around. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

jaae86
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the head's up. I knew about running-free.org but I was hoping that there was a different group of people around. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

What exactly the type of people are you looking for???

fliprayzin240sx
09-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Obviously not you guys jeff...LMAO...Hes looking for 3 Fast 3 Furious kinda group you know...

Sil-Abc
09-15-2006, 02:42 AM
another follower of the driftin bandwagon!

Boostedrex
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
What exactly the type of people are you looking for???

Jeff, I was looking for a group of people that hang out and are just chill in general. Not kids who go out and drift on the street and end up destroying their cars. I founded and run NorCal 7's, the largest RX-7 owners club in the area, and I was hoping that something like that existed on the Nissan side of the house.

No, I'm not some drift bandwagon kid. I ended up getting this S13 because a friend of mine really wanted an FC so we worked out a trade. My FC for his S13. I've always wanted to see what I could do with an SR20 anyway and this was a good excuse to find out. It didn't cost me anything.

By the way, if that is your car in your sig Jeff... It looks incredible. Very tastefully done and I really like the color.

Zach

jaae86
09-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Jeff, I was looking for a group of people that hang out and are just chill in general. Not kids who go out and drift on the street and end up destroying their cars. I founded and run NorCal 7's, the largest RX-7 owners club in the area, and I was hoping that something like that existed on the Nissan side of the house.

No, I'm not some drift bandwagon kid. I ended up getting this S13 because a friend of mine really wanted an FC so we worked out a trade. My FC for his S13. I've always wanted to see what I could do with an SR20 anyway and this was a good excuse to find out. It didn't cost me anything.

By the way, if that is your car in your sig Jeff... It looks incredible. Very tastefully done and I really like the color.

Zach

Hey Zach, yeah the blue S14 is my daily and I also have an S13 for track use.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/JA92S13/driftbattle.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/JA92S13/driftbattle2.jpg
The fellas from Running-Free are good people. Most of them had moved on and does not do anything on the streets. Alot of them are actually going to local autox and drift events and having a good time! You should check that out since you are new to the S13. You will enjoy it! Anyways, just wanted to clear things up with you.

TodaAE86
09-15-2006, 08:47 PM

Zach

Sorry for being a bunch on kids in your eyes :jerkit:
I guess people are quick to judge when their not around us.

kuroi
09-15-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't know where the "street drifting" stuff came from, but most of the runnng-free people do autox and drift events... Have you even been to a RF meet? if not you should and then you can stop posting untrue things about the RF guys.. and gals.

tailandd
09-15-2006, 10:44 PM
you shouldnt judge a book by its cover running-free is legit but if you wanna believe that running free is a bunch of kids than you believe what you want but if youd actually been to the meets and every thing, than you wouldnt be saying that

gun
09-15-2006, 11:32 PM
^^ very true. the last RF meet i went to, i'm pretty sure i was the youngest one there. im only 18 tho but def. not some stupid ricer punk. i learned my lesson about street drifting a long time ago w/ my first s-chassis :)

Milky6
09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
you shouldnt judge a book by its cover running-free is legit but if you wanna believe that running free is a bunch of kids than you believe what you want but if youd actually been to the meets and every thing, than you wouldnt be saying that

^ban :wackit:

TodaAE86
09-16-2006, 01:16 AM

No, I'm not some drift bandwagon kid. I ended up getting this S13 because a friend of mine really wanted an FC so we worked out a trade.
Zach

BTW, I dont ever remember seeing you at any AUto-x or drift events? Are you a hard parker?? maybe a poser?

mistaanime
09-16-2006, 01:35 AM
yea were just a buncha kids..:duh:

YeXG
09-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Come find out what running-free.org is really about. You’ll be surprise to know that they have meet up, BBQ gathering, and attending most of Norcal events. Feel free to check the site out at anytime..

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/dexteroua/fdpa15.jpg

SlowTwoFourty
09-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Have you even been to a RF meet? if not you should and then you can stop posting untrue things about the RF guys.. and gals.
..and females =]
& rf meets are hellah chill. i think most people get the wrong impression about rf cause we don't act like a normal forum group thing, were more like a big-ass group of friends, who have and share similar if not the same interest. that's just my .02 for you.

nightwalker
09-16-2006, 03:36 AM
I am the running-free admin. I have been in the S-chassis scene and import movement longer than you could imagine. You seem like you like car shows more than driving

Boostedrex
09-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't go to car shows all that much actually. And my opinions on running-free came from what I had seen on that board. That was about a year ago so things may very well have changed. So I'll check out the forum again and see what's up. And last I had heard, the focus at RF wasn't on track events. So my apologies for stating the wrong info. I have a couple of friends who are on that board already so I'll talk to them and see what's up. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet the rest of you at an upcoming event or meet.

Zach

jaae86
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't go to car shows all that much actually. And my opinions on running-free came from what I had seen on that board. That was about a year ago so things may very well have changed. So I'll check out the forum again and see what's up. And last I had heard, the focus at RF wasn't on track events. So my apologies for stating the wrong info. I have a couple of friends who are on that board already so I'll talk to them and see what's up. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet the rest of you at an upcoming event or meet.

Zach

All is well Zach. Its pointless to keep going with this. We are all car lovers and we shouldn't be bashing one another. We look forward on meeting you on the next RF meet or perhaps join us at the next autox at Stockton Oct 21-22. Take care all!!!

Boostedrex
09-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Jeff, I hope to make it out to that AutoX. That's the weekend before Sevenstock down in Irvine so I should be able to make it out in the Nissan. How many RF people are running in the AutoX that weekend?

Zach

Knuckles
09-17-2006, 01:44 PM
alot of members will be out there since we're all looking for track time and this will be our last event of the season....im a mod on running free mostly into drifting and have been down with running free since day one and all i can say is all the members that are on there are a bunch of cool peoples.........Running-Free.org FTW!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/hachi_roku_swing/Dori_Sluts/driftlive3.jpg