PDA

View Full Version : Where to work For a LOT of $ over winter break

shayrgob240
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
So I'm thinking about getting a 2nd job over winter break so that I can pay off my bills. Do u guys have any ideas where I can work to make some mad cash? I was thinking about going to the east coast and catch some crab for a couple weeks and make MAD cash but I don't know if that would be the right time to catch them. Any ideas?

wootwoot
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Service industry. People tip good during the holidays

ramblux
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I was thinking about going to the east coast and catch some crab for a couple weeks and make MAD cash but I don't know if that would be the right time to catch them.

It's never a good time to catch crabs.

No whorehomes nearby?

LB.Motoring
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM
go for it!

:keke:

http://www.prima-news.ru/upimg/m_26543.jpg

shayrgob240
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Service industry. People tip good during the holidays

you mean waiting tables? I doubt anyone would hire me for 1 month.

It's never a good time to catch crabs.

No whorehomes nearby?

LMAO

sr240mike
09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Catch crabs and make a lot of money here. (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=1&subAreaID=0&query=m4m&catAbbreviation=ers&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max)

DoriftoPnoy
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
yea man catching crabs....
saw a show on the discovery called dangerous catch or something and its pretty hard work. but you get mad pay when you're finished. basically you bring in crab, get paid by the weight, and divide it among the crew members. usually 15 to a ship. so if you get about 500k for everything, divide that by 15 and you prolly walk away with 30k.

FRpilot
09-10-2006, 07:40 PM
wow. how hard can catching crabs be.. lower net pull up and repeat.. money!!

trybal
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
^^

how hard can doing a double backflip o a dirtbike be.. just jump, lean back hard untill you spin 2 times and land.. come one now

lucky7
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
sounds all fine and dandy. but have you watched the show? theres a REALLY good chance they wont hire a crab catching 'noob'. you go overboard during a storm, you're dead... end of story. looks like a badass job, i agree. but fucking hell no i wouldnt attempt that shit.

hell, maybe they would. wtf do i know. i live in michigan. hahaha.

shayrgob240
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
sounds all fine and dandy. but have you watched the show? theres a REALLY good chance they wont hire a crab catching 'noob'. you go overboard during a storm, you're dead... end of story. looks like a badass job, i agree. but fucking hell no i wouldnt attempt that shit.

hell, maybe they would. wtf do i know. i live in michigan. hahaha.

I'm sure they strap you to something incase of a situation like that. And if they don't, then they are huge retards

theicecreamdan
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
being tied onto shit during a storm creates its own list of dangers I'm sure.

It won't be a LOT of money, but lots of retail stores look for employees just for a few months during that time of year.

shayrgob240
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
yea man catching crabs....
saw a show on the discovery called dangerous catch or something and its pretty hard work. but you get mad pay when you're finished. basically you bring in crab, get paid by the weight, and divide it among the crew members. usually 15 to a ship. so if you get about 500k for everything, divide that by 15 and you prolly walk away with 30k.

yeah, that's how I found out about this.

theicecreamdan
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
where do I sign up for crab fishing?

LB.Motoring
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Catch crabs and make a lot of money here. (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=1&subAreaID=0&query=m4m&catAbbreviation=ers&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max)

OMG :wackit: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

shayrgob240
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
come on guys. I need some more ideas b/c I'm on the verge of pushing some serious drugs to make cash fast.

'90RPS13
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Nice, you'll catch alot of crabs and shit in jail. I would say just become a waiter at a high end restaurant. Yes you will have to suck/kiss ass but you will make mad money. I am talking about PF Changs or Ruth Chris's Steakhouse or anything of that nature. Other then that I dont know where you would make "mad" cash at. *a

wootwoot
09-10-2006, 09:51 PM
You dont tell a place you are only going to work for a month doofus. Valet, door man, server, car wash. There are tons of jobs where people are routinely tipped. If you dont have experience dont expect to make money quick though. Same applies to crabbing. They dont give "green horns" the good share. Why are they going to pay you an assload of money if you dont really know what you are doing? Sell blood, sperm, meth, coke, your ass and suck a lot of dick. There, easy money

'90RPS13
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
^~~~ ROFL to the last line...*a

wingsnthangs
09-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Work two jobs that tip, like valet and waiter. You will be dead tired at the end of every day and have no social life, but you should make plenty of $$$ if you don't spend on stupid shit.

RiversideS13
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
check out any human resource wanted ad in alaska

Gnnr
09-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Screw working with people (restaurants). Find anykind of warehouse job, only have to deal with employer/managers and co-workers, why add customers on top of that list? If you can opearte a forklift its a plus. Anyjob you do manual-bust-your-ass-labor usually pays good. Most warehouse type jobs have lots of overtime available also. So work long hours, bust your ass for a while, and make some cash. Construction is also another one. Also carpentry/roofing, etc. The key here is to think manual labor. And ontop of all that, it keeps/gets you in shape.

Vlasic
09-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Screw working with people (restaurants). Find anykind of warehouse job, only have to deal with employer/managers and co-workers, why add customers on top of that list? If you can opearte a forklift its a plus. Anyjob you do manual-bust-your-ass-labor usually pays good. Most warehouse type jobs have lots of overtime available also. So work long hours, bust your ass for a while, and make some cash. Construction is also another one. Also carpentry/roofing, etc. The key here is to think manual labor. And ontop of all that, it keeps/gets you in shape.

:werd: working with customers sucks. At first thought manual labor may not sound too great, but any job where you dont have to deal with people is a huge plus.

theicecreamdan
09-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Anyjob you do manual-bust-your-ass-labor usually pays good.

Pays good by who's standards?
Tips is where all the low education money is at.
Dealing with the customers at my current job is the best part of the whole thing.

Gnnr
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
By hourly wage standards. Of course if you're in a high traffic quality restaurant. You'll make more in tips...they do make you split the tips though, which can suck. Which brings me to another job you can do, something that pays commision is also someting to look at. Just throwing thoughts out there for you...

180sExy
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
lolz wow too all the noobs who think crabbing is easy.....wow why arent you in the nba all you have too do is put a lil ball threw a hoop?????crabbing is'nt called the deadlyest catch in world cuz is easy people die almost every year for those stupid things!

j00ni3
09-11-2006, 10:17 PM
sell your organs.... you have 2 of some... sell one~ .... sell your liver too... it grows back... ( well part of your liver )

that is fast cash in like days... you can't beat that ...

wootwoot
09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
^^ testicles and kidneys have been going for a lot on ebay recently. Could sell an eye too, you only need one.

rainier
09-12-2006, 08:00 PM
be a valet in a nice area. i work at 2 fairly busy hotels right across the street from a airport. PLENTY of people and plenty of tips.

just gotta find the right places man. you wont get paid much if you arent experienced in some areas. so find a place where you can suck up and get tips. resturants, valets, bellmans, etc.

wingsnthangs
09-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Could sell an eye too, you only need one.
And have shitty depth perception.

But yeah, working for holiday tips FTW. Bank on "'tis the season to be giving".