PDA

View Full Version : T Mobile and Phone

Edgar
09-05-2006, 08:34 AM
So im going to be getting a new plan with T Mobile. Im looking to getting either a RZR or a Sidekick 3. Any places online that sells phones for pretty cheap. I know I can print the page up and the T Mobile imma go to will match or beat the price I find the phone for.

Thanks

Tenchuu
09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
DO NOT GET A RAZR!!!!!!!! I am on my 4th one, i baby them and they always break, speaker blows and it develeps interferance on itself.

ALTRNTV
09-05-2006, 05:58 PM
I have both phones (RAZR with Cingular, and my SK2 with T-Mobile). I hate my RAZR. I can't even input text (such as names or text messaging), because when I input more than two characters, my phone freezes up and I have to take the battery out and restart it. I love the Sidekicks. I still have the 2, but I've seen and used the 3. For some reason, I'd rather have my 2, it's built better and is more rigid.

sr240mike
09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
BRAND NEW PLAN, never had t-mobile? Then go to wirefly.com or letstalk.com. Those are the best prices. Also, don't go to the t-mobile store, go to a multi carrier dealer as they usually give the best prices on phones. http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=964

TipStylez
09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I have a imported Black RAZR, droped it and not even a scratch and still works fine. Been almost half a year now.

Love the phone because you can upload your own music or ringtones, has a speaker.

Thats pretty much all i need, and you cant beat a phone that nice. If you need a phone like a sidekick, get a damn laptop you retard!

ALTRNTV
09-05-2006, 08:18 PM
If you need a phone like a sidekick, get a damn laptop you retard!

My laptop won't fit in my pocket though. :keke:

180sExy
09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
i think the sidekick three is gay you cant send mobile to mobile text messages an it dose'nt have a video cam.it sucks my lil brothers cheaper phone has better options than my sk3

ALTRNTV
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
What you mean you can't send mobile to mobile texts? I love my SK2, I doubt I'll buy the 3, unless my 2 breaks.

TipStylez
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Get a RAZR, and learn how to hack it.

Someone actualy hacked into it and made a windows program for it like a blackberry.

anthony240
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Get it from Costco, they got T-Mobile, and the RAZR for $40, plus you get a car charger/headset/case, and free activation.

But the #1 reason to buy from Costco is their return policy: if the phone ever breaks on you, you can exchange it for a new one! (as long as they have RAZRs in stock).

I use this as a closing tool, so don't be surprised if they say no, real salespeople will do anything for a sale hahaha.

ramblux
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
I bought a used Nokia 6600 just because they are known for having great reception. Since I've gotten it (about four months) I haven't had a single problem getting full reception, even in between mountain ranges.

iMAGE976
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
i got both and im with Tmobile.i have the razor and my GF has the sk2, we've never had any problems with either one and ive had both phones since January 06. but my Razor has better reception than the sk2 for the most part. any way u look at it its going to have its ups and downs. go to the tmobile store and try them out and see which one u like. Good luck

projekt_s13
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Ive droped my RAZR V3 from 3 stories down the stairs and it didnt break, only fell apart in the usual places. I dont like my RAZR even tho i've Hex edited and modified alot of things like volume control , added video camera (this was before it came integrated). Its gets some interference and you have to take the battery out and restart it.

But im tired of the damn RAZR cuz everyone and they momma has one, lol
Even Metro PCS (Bay Area Only Provider) has a RAZR.

Rayne
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I used to have an imported black V3 Razor.....someone stole it.....no big deal though.

I now have the Samsung T509....If you like thin phones....the t509 is thinner than the Sliver and the Razor.

The one thing I liked the most about the Razor was the ability to take pictures with the phone closed.

RiversideS13
09-05-2006, 11:00 PM
i heared v3i has good reception (imported phone)

180sExy
09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
What you mean you can't send mobile to mobile texts? I love my SK2, I doubt I'll buy the 3, unless my 2 breaks.
my bad i ment mobile to mobile pics.i dont like how u have too dl everything from the e mail.

Edgar
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
CRAP!!!

I so had forgot I posted this thread. So I got a RZR today. I like the phone but I hope it doesnt mess up on me.

zanos
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
fancy phones are for girls....."uuhhh,look i got a pretty phone",how gay are you guys?just get a free phone they give you when you open the account,and be happy....

ALTRNTV
09-06-2006, 11:15 PM
fancy phones are for girls....."uuhhh,look i got a pretty phone",how gay are you guys?just get a free phone they give you when you open the account,and be happy....

I guess I'm a girl then. :aw:

zanos
09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
or gay...........

I guess I'm a girl then. :aw:

ALTRNTV
09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Probably. :keke:

drift freaq
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
I have a unlocked Motorola V620, I am planning on picking up a Samsung T809 slider. I was gonna get a RazR but everybody and there brother has one now and I wanted a Black one. I am on T-Mobile have been for a long time used to be on Cingular don't want to go back. Hahhahha, which would basically mean Black unlocked RAZR :D . Then I saw the T809 very dope looking phone. No Zanos not gay, just got style. :D

kY.gordon
09-06-2006, 11:49 PM
i just got t-mobile and the service horrible. got the SLVR and a RAZR and they both arnt all that good.

drift freaq
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
i just got t-mobile and the service horrible. got the SLVR and a RAZR and they both arnt all that good.
Well if you live in San Francisco with all those hills I am not surprised. Cell towers are based on a line of sight situation. I.E. any substantial obstruction be it a tall building or hills is going to interfere with signal strength if not eliminate it all together. Ever wonder why there are so many cell sites on downtown buildings? Line of sight is short so they need more to cover an area. I used to work for Cingular, we used to have people come in and complain about not getting reception in Beachwood canyon hahhahhaha. These are the same fucks that when asked if Cingular good put a cell tower up there so they would have line of sight reception they said not in my back yard. Stupid fucks. hahahhhahha. You get the same shit in San Francisco, no one wants a cell tower in the City by the bay. Result? Shitty cell reception .

P.S. Oh ya and for anyone in California that gets on here and says there Cingular service is better than T-Mobile eh wrong. T-Mobile's tower network in California is Cingulars. One and the same. I know, my unlocked European Motorola V620 Alpha tags off the towers and not the sim chip. It comes up Cingular everywhere in the state. T-mobile had an arrangement with Cingular long before the ATT merge deal. Cingular is supposed to be selling the towers to T-Mobile as part of the deal to satisfy the Justice department and the FTC for the merger. They are supposedly going to switch over to the half assembled 850mhz GSM tower network ATT was in the process of building when the merger happened. They still have not even completed that whole mess. hahahhahha

koukikat180sx
09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
the razr... my bf has one (granted its verizon) it rocks. never had a problem with it. i have both the sk2 and the sk3. (might i add i dont get reception with tmobile at my house so if you ask me, their reception is horrible. so i use verizon as my primary phone). the sk2 had problems (especially if you use it as a phone.) and the sk3 has problems too. one common one is you will loose reception on the phone for no reason. you could be in an area where you get full reception and it'll just drop. check out... www.hiptop.com they have a forum on there with all the probs that phone has. good luck. every phone carrier has its ups and downs... :(

180sExy
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
my sk3 has the worst reception i have ever seen on a phone! when i'm with my friends they all have good reception but my sidekick =/ none an i get none at my house so i end up using my house phone!how gay anyone wanna buy a sidekick3????lolz

drftwerks
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
SEMI THREAD JACK, sorry

I have verizon and am now offered an upgrade, i can buy the chocolat at $79 + tax that includes the wire for the mp3 transfer, now anyone with the chocolat, have reasons why not to get this phone, besides that everyone is getting them?

Is ther something comin out soon better or diff color?? ive seen the white ones, and they are nice.

theicecreamdan
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
my silver RAZR has dents in the battery cover from me dropping it, it doesn't freeze very often and no problems with reception. All with verizon.

SilviaDriver
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
side kick is gay. for that price i rather get a MotoQ...which i sell. and i dont even like the MotoQ much

Edgar
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I didnt get the sidekick because it was too big. Plus I use my phone only for phone I really dont pay attention to the media stuff.