PDA

View Full Version : so what do you want/need from Japan

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Ok. I'm flying off to Japan for a month for sales sometime soon. If things work out, I'll be going there probably 5 times a year.

I'm in produce exporting biz so I can get cheap container rates from our freight forwarder.

So here's the question.. would people from bay area need enough parts to pack up 20' container? I have connection w/ couple junk yards and used parts shop in Japan.

I used to help my ex-sponsor up in Seattle importing JDM engines but just as his assistance in translation.

So... would peeps EVER need that much stuff up around bay area? There are problems such as payments and what not but hey, there's no loss just askin right??

TipStylez
09-05-2006, 12:52 AM
ship to seattle and if you can beat the prices of the UPGarage in seattle then cool. They got a shit load of jdm parts coming in every shipment.

95zilvia
09-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Willing to get front clips and for how much?

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
tipstylez> haha yea they do have a good deal. and ocean freight to seattle is about 300 more compare to Long Beach or Oakland.

95zilvia> well, that's what I'm gonna try to find out once I get back to Japan. I'll have about 4days of free time once I'm back in Japan. Once I get enough inquiries to fill 20' or 40' container, I'll start calling people in Japan 4 a price. BTW, s14 front clip?

Oh.. one more thing. If you want SR20DET, get it from shops in the US since I searched for good condition sr20 w/ tran, harnes few months ago and I think it cost more after shipping.

Right now, currency exchange rate is 117yen=$1.00. It is good time to buy things with US dollar.

'90RPS13
09-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Well I will take a Silvia Frontend if your willing to ship it to east coast? pretty puhleeze? Also a nice set of any Work or Offsetted wheels you find over there. *a

sean350z
09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
if you're willing to ship to east coast i could come up with some stuff...

iMAGE976
09-05-2006, 06:00 PM
i jus want some silvia bricks! let me kno wat u could do . . . thanks

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
east coast might be hard due to ocean freight and inland trucking. I can arrange a trucking but it'll be cheaper for you guys to just get it from a shop on east coast.

btw, I'm doing this because

1. I'm not a red cross. I'll take profit but not as much as shops do due to no over head cost. Maybe 5~7% of C&F oakland port?
2. currency balance. right now, I only export from the U.S. to Japan and other asian countries. Need something that I can buy w/ yen and sell it for USD.
3. Unlike IS300, JDM stuff are an actual upgrade. (not many peeps swap 3s from 2jz)
4. Maybe own/invest in tuning shop someday... kinda getting sick of high risk-low return biz that I'm in right now.

When I go back to Japan, I'll see what kind of deals I can get. Maybe zilvia can do a group buy from respectful shops in Japan and I can arrange all the shippings and payments. (international wire transfer cost anywhere from 30~55 dollars). btw, why haven't nebody frm Japan offered a group buy?

darius_tii
09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
HAHAH
I know this may sound liek rice but if you could just get em a real JDm licnece plate form over there taht woudl be awsome
U could even keep it in your bags
Thanks Lemme know
Darius

projekt_s13
09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
HAHAH
I know this may sound liek rice but if you could just get em a real JDm licnece plate form over there taht woudl be awsome
U could even keep it in your bags
Thanks Lemme know
Darius

lol after sept 11 I dont think they will let someone have a large metal object in their bag.

Oh and Ill take a silvia frontend.

SwiftS14
09-06-2006, 01:22 AM
S14 K's Spoilers would be nice, i want one.

kenversusryu
09-06-2006, 01:52 AM
s14 zenki jdm bumper side skirts and rear valance in white. What would that cost me.

Rayne
09-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Get as many manual S13 and S14 front seatbelts as you can find. Plus the A and B pillars trim pieces off of S13s.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Kenversusryu> I'll have to see but it might be hard to find all white. It would be best to paint it here since I'm buying stuff mostly from JUNK YARD. I would let you know as soon as I get in touch w/ my friends.

projekts13> haha before 9/11, I brought coilovers back by myself. You don't even know how heavy it was... and not just one but two sets. Thanks to being a gold member and business class:-D They let it in.

I'll have to form a contract w/ all of whom needing parts after I find it. Process will be

1. Find parts in junk yards, take pics, send it to who ever want the part.
2. if it's a front clip, compression tests and take fluids out.
3. you and my company, E&I International, Inc. will sign a purchase contract.
4. No COD or those crap. Prefer pick up around Oakland (or Long Beach if it's cheaper).

One of my biggest concern is custom clearance. Oakland is known to be one of the most strict port on west coast. I have to know what exactly is restricted and what not. If you're a freight forwarder or got knowledge, PM me.

Hopefully, I can let people know by end of this week if it's go or not. Hopefully, junk yards around Osaka aren't raped by american vendors like the ones around Tokyo.

FaLKoN240
09-06-2006, 02:27 AM
I want manual seatbelt stuffs.

sw20>>s14
09-06-2006, 02:36 AM
so how about really small non car parts?

NoOneIsPerfect
09-06-2006, 03:22 AM
sw20> which would be....? I'm bringing back apprx 9K in cash due to tax reason so can't bring much hand carry. btw, how to you like ur sw? I drove AW11 s/c for a little while but gave up controlling it. haha too hard 4me. kept on spinning out at turn in.

btw, most of you don't know me in person. I think I've met w/ few peeps who are on this forum. I guess I should show up at Luke (? was that his name?)'s shop sometime just to introduce myself physically.

yokotas13
09-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Kenversusryu> I'll have to see but it might be hard to find all white. It would be best to paint it here since I'm buying stuff mostly from JUNK YARD. I would let you know as soon as I get in touch w/ my friends.

projekts13> haha before 9/11, I brought coilovers back by myself. You don't even know how heavy it was... and not just one but two sets. Thanks to being a gold member and business class:-D They let it in.

I'll have to form a contract w/ all of whom needing parts after I find it. Process will be

1. Find parts in junk yards, take pics, send it to who ever want the part.
2. if it's a front clip, compression tests and take fluids out.
3. you and my company, E&I International, Inc. will sign a purchase contract.
4. No COD or those crap. Prefer pick up around Oakland (or Long Beach if it's cheaper).

One of my biggest concern is custom clearance. Oakland is known to be one of the most strict port on west coast. I have to know what exactly is restricted and what not. If you're a freight forwarder or got knowledge, PM me.

Hopefully, I can let people know by end of this week if it's go or not. Hopefully, junk yards around Osaka aren't raped by american vendors like the ones around Tokyo.
Ive been doing this exact thing for almost 4 months now
Turns pretty good profit, and some people want the stuff.

Problem is finding the right stuff
If yu want more info PM me, ill let you know what sells fast

Helghast
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
what about VIP stuff?

Used JP/Moda Parfume/Auto Couture kits.

..there is no USED VIP stuff here in the states, everything is new and expensive.

yokotas13
09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
there isnt much USED vip stuff here either. You get the rims and such, but a good used bodykit is hard to find IMO

fromxtor
09-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I would be interested in S13 coilovers and wheels in 9&10" widths with low offsets. :)

kuramaya
09-06-2006, 04:31 PM
How about what I need from the states, bring some krispy kreme donuts!

bcrume
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM
s13 aero front end and as many aero bumpers, aero side skirts you can find.

Vatche
09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
if u can throw in some japanese chicks lemme know...

i need a new secretary

NoOneIsPerfect
09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
VIP stuff might be hard to find for me since I was never connected w/ peeps like that.... I'll call around my friend to see what I can do though.

fromxtor> used or new coilovers?

bjorkluv> shoot, I'll finish it before it gets to your door;)

bcrume> I have a pretty good lead for front clip. I'll update everybody soon.

SR20DETman> I need a new sec. too but I'm never gonna hire another Japanese young lady again... oh and one more thing.. I only go for Asian girls.... any Asian girls but Japanese...:duh:

ramblux
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Might be interested in a Y33 Cima body kit if the price is right. Used is fine as long as it's not tore up! haha

EDIT: I can pick up in either Long Beach or Oakland since I split my time between the two areas.

Helghast
09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
VIP is NOT all about kits or rims..

Tables, Puddle Lights are just starters..

RIMS RIMS RIMS for me..

240's"r"us
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
a hot jap. gurl shhipped to 37849

S14DB
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Beatmania II DX 12 HAPPY SKY

NoOneIsPerfect
09-06-2006, 08:36 PM
shoot.... I think I've already got enough peeps inquiring to maximum 20' container.

Hot Japanese girls? haha okay:-D I'll send you someone! oh.. btw be ready to buy louis vuitton, prada, fendi... etc. You'll have enough money to import BNR34 when you're sick of her:-D oh... and daily coffee delivery and etc^^

kuramaya
09-07-2006, 02:04 AM
shoot.... I think I've already got enough peeps inquiring to maximum 20' container.

Hot Japanese girls? haha okay:-D I'll send you someone! oh.. btw be ready to buy louis vuitton, prada, fendi... etc. You'll have enough money to import BNR34 when you're sick of her:-D oh... and daily coffee delivery and etc^^

^^Wrong, Marry a Low maintenance one that is already rich! i did:D

gun
09-07-2006, 11:15 AM
shit bra, just bring back hella stuff! I know that VIP stuff my be a little difficult for u to get but, VIP style is the new thing now (so i've seen), deep dish 18's. i know id like some s15 headlights tho, good luck, hella fun trip and cool job if thats what you're planning on making out of it.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
shit bra, just bring back hella stuff! I know that VIP stuff my be a little difficult for u to get but, VIP style is the new thing now (so i've seen), deep dish 18's. i know id like some s15 headlights tho, good luck, hella fun trip and cool job if thats what you're planning on making out of it.

Yea since I was never into VIP tune, don't have that many friends that can give me a good deal. I'm sure there are some peeps on this forum that can though. When I was in Japan, I was more of touge person.
and yea... I'm not really trying to make a profit out of it.. nor trying to be a JDM parts broker, more so... tax reason... so I would appreciate "cash when picked up" if you know what I mean;)

Wish me luck. I just sent a list to my "kouhai" in japan. He works for local tuning shop in Kyoto. He'll give me an update soon.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-07-2006, 01:33 PM
^^Wrong, Marry a Low maintenance one that is already rich! i did:D

for some reason, I attract broke ass girls.....:rl:

MASTA bjorkluv, pleaaaaaase teach me how to hook up w/ rich girls so they can invest in my business!:duh:

NoOneIsPerfect
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's the list that I sent to my kouhai.

1. F. Clip of s13 silvia. (x2)
2. OEM s15 head lights
3. any aero in decent shape (s13, s14)
4. good deals on any deep dish rims
5. OEM silvia head lights
6. Jap license plate (and make sure it's not stolen.....)
7. used coilovers below 50K km.
8. what ever that he can find for cheap.... i.e. oem parts just collecting dust at his shop.
9. Japanese girls willing to date w/ broke a$$ 240 driva's in the U.S.:duh:
10. Vodafone 3g phones that can be used here by unlocking/switching rims

did I miss anything? He said he'll start calling junk yards and other shops around. F. Clip might be little hard due to delivery cost to port.. I dunno how some vendors get it for so cheap....

ramblux
09-07-2006, 02:25 PM
BOO!!! No Y33 body kit?

S14DB
09-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Beatmania II DX 12 HAPPY SKY

rancid240
09-07-2006, 05:04 PM
The logistics of something like this is too crazy...I mean orders for a whole clip? Plus people want the most random shat. I say just buy as much of the stuff you know people want and can sell easy if they back out, i.e. 5 lug, suspensions, seatbelts, brakes...Nothing to crazy like a certain super rare set of wheels or a certain bumper.

Stuff like s13/s15 headlights wont be too profitable. S15 are too hard to find used and only s13s I would bring are bricks since they are the only ones worth anything.

blackflag_Rms13
09-07-2006, 06:49 PM
• D-Max Hood (FRP would be better than CF)
• Hella Kouki 180 tails & bumper lights (IIRC you can get bumper lights for $35 from D-Max) could make a killing if cheap...
• Wheels and Aero is a no-brainer
• People would probably buy a lot of SuperMade headlights...

Also get me one of these:

http://www.dmax-cs.com/parts/table/table.jpg

Also word of advice, stay out of the motors/clips buisiness, shit gets out of hand...

fromxtor
09-07-2006, 07:31 PM
either bro, as long as its a good price :)

yokotas13
09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
s13 aero front end and as many aero bumpers, aero side skirts you can find.
yeah good luck, they arent even on yahoo auctions. the palce to get ANYTHING.

SR20DET_RPS13
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
1. Silvia Front END
2. Kouki tail lights for S13
3. Kouki spoiler

8kred
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
any chance of getting some new parts from japan?

lexusisforlovers
09-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Let me know if you can grab the sr20 power steering high pressure hose. Mine is leaking badly and its hard/pricey to find over here.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
sorry for the late reply. I had to fly back to Seattle for few days just to get f*cked over.

Story is, I had IS300 turbo up for sale. Already had a buyer and he said he has cash in his hand. I fly back up there... and guess what? He comes up w/ b/s excuse that he can't buy it anymore because it's over priced....

Come on.... '03 IS300 sports design, FLT-A2, TD-06 single turbo w/ partially built motor running on 17psi... and whole bunch of goodies. Can go for show car... for $25,000.. is it over priced? I spent waaaaay over 15K on the car and that exclude the labor.

So here's the deal.. I do not have enough cash flow to do this side business. Though I am still going back to Japan from Sep. 21st~Aug. 1st meeting w/ few contacts around Osaka.

If people are interested, I can DIRECTLY connect you w/ shops in Japan.

I signed a power of attorney to my lawyer back in Seattle for selling my vehicle so I'll try to come up w/ the funds somehow and if I do, I'll definately try to get all the parts requested except for front clip/sr20's due to strict custom clearance. (they are now keeping track of all the imported motors such as 20v 4ag's, sr20's, etc etc that are suppose to be for track use only. Rumor says that seller might start to be responsible for illegal modification.. not sure though.)

cmcdougle
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
That is a bummer, man. Here is what I want if you get your money:

I will take a RHD dash for the S14, the steering wheel, all RHD interior parts, clutch/brake/accelerator pedals + master cyl, AC stuff, yeah all interior stuff under the dash, wow I didn't realize how expensive this would be. Let me know a price for the whole RHD conversion for the S14, don't buy anything, and I'll see what I can do. Long Beach is good for me.

Anyway, good luck!

NoOneIsPerfect
09-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Yea, I'm definately gonna search around. haha I got $$$ for kouki tail lights frm 180sx and random small stuff that I might be able to sell here for a good profit margin.

As of RHD conversion parts, I know that there's 4 180sx @ junk yard that my friend is close w/. I'll go check em out and get a rough estimate.

cmcdougle
09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I have an S14, so parts are harder to come by.

EndLeSS8
09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Do you need us to pay you first?

Can you look for specifically:
S14 240SX Navan front grill in BLACK
S14 240SX Cusco strut bar set (front and rear)

It's not a big deal, if you can't find them, or you're too busy, it's ok

surukis14
10-02-2006, 08:08 PM
you gotta pm. let me know wussup, sorry about the flaker that must have been wack.

dvdevo
10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
some ssr mesh rims would be nice.

cmcdougle
10-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Do you know how much the 20 ft container is? and the 40'?