09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
early death of a great (and crazy) man

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

CantSTOP
09-03-2006, 11:30 PM
RIP Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" your the best

Nizzan4u2nv
09-03-2006, 11:30 PM
At least he died doing what he loved to do.

LB.Motoring
09-03-2006, 11:31 PM
what a loss.

wow

that sucks, hes wasnot very old

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200401/r14036_34134.jpg

zaneithan
09-03-2006, 11:31 PM
At least he died doing what he loved to do.

yea those were my thoughts exactly...its still sad though :(

LB.Motoring
09-03-2006, 11:35 PM
^ true that

msglegthwillmissyoucrochunter

silverarrow27
09-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I was surprised to see that as well, RIP!

FaLKoN240
09-04-2006, 12:02 AM
How sudden, and unforseen.

But then again, we always knew he'd die handling animals.

Phlip
09-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in his dying at the hands of a stingray while filming a documentary ABOUT stingrays, "demystifying" them at that?

Ricks15
09-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Poor dude RIP

SiI40sx
09-04-2006, 12:43 AM
wait, how the hell did this kill him?? Im confused?

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Underwater/Belize/FishYouMightNotWantToMeet/SouthernStingray.jpg

bik
09-04-2006, 12:45 AM
if they where filming about it... there should be a tape of his death O_o

SiI40sx
09-04-2006, 12:47 AM
if they where filming about it... there should be a tape of his death O_o

thats the FIRST thing I thought of when I read this, I wonder if itll leak into the internet!!

wickdmarz
09-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Man I really sad, that's horrible news...even the my morbid curiousity does want to know how it happened. I think the stingray must had like swung around and stabbed him in the chest.

TurDz
09-04-2006, 02:14 AM
And stabbed in the heart at that....

It's very sad and I feel bad for his wife and baby.

SiI40sx
09-04-2006, 02:33 AM
stabbed with his tail??

Sil-Abc
09-04-2006, 03:22 AM
yea those things are crazy. those tails are pretty hard and very swift. when i was fishing, some guy snagged a stingray and the thing kept whippin its tail like crazy.

KwKouki
09-04-2006, 03:34 AM
this is the 3rd time I have read about him dying. I dunno what to believe

atom
09-04-2006, 05:28 AM
stabbed with his tail??

Stingrays have a sharp barb in their tail. From what I read he was swimming over a stingray, not even touching it, and the stingray musta gotten freaked out about something and stabbed the dude right in the heart. It's pretty bizzare, according to some of the news articles I read it's the first Stingray related death in Australia in over 50 years. RIP

sky53line
09-04-2006, 06:34 AM
This really is sad. I always watched his show since I was young....and yeah it is true...go to CNN or MSNBC on tv...

HyperTek
09-04-2006, 06:37 AM
dam thats shocking.. id at least think he woulda got killed by something more hardcore, but i guess a sting ray is already pretty dangerous.. I didnt know he was into sea life..

SiI40sx
09-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Stingrays have a sharp barb in their tail. From what I read he was swimming over a stingray, not even touching it, and the stingray musta gotten freaked out about something and stabbed the dude right in the heart. It's pretty bizzare, according to some of the news articles I read it's the first Stingray related death in Australia in over 50 years. RIP

now THATS fucking ironic, youd figure he'd die from a man-eating lion or shark or someshit

SimpleS14
09-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Man that is truly shocking and sad. I never knew he was into sea life, but then again he likes all kinds of animals. R.I.P.

theicecreamdan
09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
goes to show you, even "harmless" animals aren't really harmless at all.

Its so sad that his wife hadn't been told yet when they released the news.

At first I thought it was fake, but then I found the news on several different news site, and not just on the random link a friend sent me.

TurK
09-04-2006, 10:44 AM
wow this caught me off guard....when you watch him you think he would never get killed....and then you read about it....very sad i feel very sorry for hes newly born kids...

ThatGuy
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Rest in Peace Steve.
May you always be remembered well.

anthony240
09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
The coolest guy ever. I somehow found logic in his craziness.
RIP Steve Irwin.

WILDACEX187
09-04-2006, 12:51 PM
i saw this on the news show "today" this morning at like 4 in the morning. i couldnt believe it. the news was so brief so i started searching the net to see if it was true. alas it was and i got very sad. everytime i went to my friends house i used to watch his show on animal planet. the guy was hilarious to me and brave the way he handled those animals. it is a great loss to all of us and to the wildlife he protected. RIP :(

Gramentz
09-04-2006, 01:14 PM
It is very sad to see that someone who had such an influence died. I still can't believe it and I don't think it will ever set in. R.I.P. Steve. You're the man!

C. Senor
09-04-2006, 01:49 PM
man that really sucks...i always watched his show and movies...i like learning about animals...and the croc hunter made it interesting....i feel bad for his family. R.I.P. Steve Irwin

....also stingrays..well the ones that swim dont really attack, their sting is more of an involentary reaction...which sucks cuz it got him at a very critical point in our bodies....stings from stingrays are not really that fatal....their designed to just shock a predator so it can get away. in mammals such as us the only thing they really do is cause almost unbearable pain...in rare cases will cause a drop in blood pressure or shock....if left untreated for too long will cause severe fever and the wound can go into gangrene. all the same it sucks that happened to anyone!

az_240
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
so unreal a stingray killed him... especially since it very rarely happens. youd think after all those snake attacks he could handle something like this.
If he couldnt live through being stung in the heart I dont think anybody could.

R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter
You will be missed by many:(

johngriff
09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Im not at all ready to believe this was a freak accident....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/vonendorphin/a5ecb6fb8d448201d66961508c043a12.jpg
NINJA STINGRAY?!?! WTF!!
J/K

Through my teenage years i worked as a lifeguard at the Jr. Lifeguard Program here in socal. We would take care of up to 600 kids at the beach, all in the water all regularly around stingrays. I personally have been stung by stingrays 3 times. The worse tore the webbing between my pinky and my ring toe. (no 5. and 4.) In all these, and those with the kids, they are very SMALL injuries, if anything annoyances, and there are LOTS of other things in the water such as Jelly Fish, Sewage chocked water, kelp that can twist in you legs, and riptides that kill LOTS more people by than stingrays. This was the 2nd stingray death in the CONTINENT of Austrailia. This guy was a great outdoorsman, enviromentalist and awesome TV personality. This really sucks.

kris
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah could not believe Steve Irwin died. i think due to the fact that he was stung in the chest is what made a simple sting deadly. More than likely since it was near his heart (someone said it was a direct heart shot) and lungs its simply effected those organs 1st and being as they are two of the most vital organs in the body the injury was much more severe than if he would have gotten stung in the foot or hand or something. Sucks though

johngriff
09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah could not believe Steve Irwin died. i think due to the fact that he was stung in the chest is what made a simple sting deadly. More than likely since it was near his heart (someone said it was a direct heart shot) and lungs its simply effected those organs 1st and being as they are two of the most vital organs in the body the injury was much more severe than if he would have gotten stung in the foot or hand or something. Sucks though

I dont know if they released an autopsy yet but..The sting ray also sheaths the stinger in a lubricant/poison.

Camera-man says it IS on tape, aus police have the tape, and wife will make the decision about releasing the tape. He also suspects the death was from poision inside the chest cavaty. Meaning the camera man must have watched what was not a "quick passing" like a direct blow to the heart...

wow... this really really sucks.. fox news (cable) has been running on this story full time for the last 2 hours now.

LB.Motoring
09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
totally crazy situation, eek ill miss that guy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/imabigstar05/beta191vx7.gif

may you pet what no one could in the great above

LB.Motoring
09-04-2006, 11:32 PM
BTW, its a joke, ^ i respect the guy, i just saw that gif.....before your panties get all in a twist like some did....

ALTRNTV
09-05-2006, 01:19 AM
RIP Steve Irwin.

*Steve Irwin voice* Look mate, look at the size of that thing!

"He died doing what he loved...aggravating the hell out of deadly animals"

ThatGuy
09-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Anyone wishing to send his family a card, the address has been posted.

The Steve Irwin Family
Australia Zoo
Glasshouse Mountains Tourist Rte
Beerwah QLD 4519
AUSTRALIA

Steve is survived by his wife Terri and two children - eight-year-old daughter Bindi Sue and three-year-old son Bob.

My family and I will be sending them a card. These are bound to be tough times for them. My oldest is as old as his youngest, I couldn't imagine leaving them. :(

ManoNegra
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Wow. Just heard yesterday afternoon and it still hasn't fully sunk in.
I'm not an avid naturalist nor watch Animal Planet much at all but I honestly feel sad at the loss of such a great human being.
R.I.P.

LB.Motoring
09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Anyone wishing to send his family a card, the address has been posted.

The Steve Irwin Family
Australia Zoo
Glasshouse Mountains Tourist Rte
Beerwah QLD 4519
AUSTRALIA

Steve is survived by his wife Terri and two children - eight-year-old daughter Bindi Sue and three-year-old son Bob.

My family and I will be sending them a card. These are bound to be tough times for them. My oldest is as old as his youngest, I couldn't imagine leaving them. :(
\

I remmber him having a son and a daughter, I think it was hen his son was born, Wow, it will be so hard for them all.

It is not length of life, but depth of life.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Eternal_240Sx
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
its payback time!
http://microdoted.com/flash/irwin.php

LB.Motoring
09-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow, if my gif was bad, play that game....

'90RPS13
09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Damn, First I have heard about this. Yeah, I am deeply saddened. I use to watch it all the time on Discovery or whatever channel is was. Definately a shocker. You will be Missed Steve.

RIP.

*a

kY.gordon
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
R.I.P. Steve Irwin. "Crikey!"

LB.Motoring
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
We got Stickers coming in, so if you want to show your regards, there just simple, Ill sell them for what they cost to make.

Let me know, im going get some before our event on sat. at willow springs.

'90RPS13
09-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Pics?

OFFSUBJECT: Love the Sig. *a

WILDACEX187
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
its payback time!
http://microdoted.com/flash/irwin.php

i avenged his death and killed the king sting ray

mRclARK1
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
That's gonna ruin my week...that guy was awesome.

Probably how he wanted to go though...animal attack and all. haha.

LB.Motoring
09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Pics?

OFFSUBJECT: Love the Sig. *a

My sig? hahah thanks,

Im at the school computer, when i get home Ill upload a pic of the decal.

Tenchuu
09-05-2006, 05:50 PM
also think it is kinda ironic that a stingray took him out. of all the dangerous animals he hung out with....

and i also killed the king stingray.

TurK
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
the bitch king ray killed me.

TheSquidd
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
My sig? hahah thanks,

Im at the school computer, when i get home Ill upload a pic of the decal.

What the fluk!? Giving away my awesome stickers? :rl:

LB.Motoring
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
for a good cause, ahahahah get a [email protected]

:keke:

HyperTek
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
dam musta been a slow painful death.. poor guy. The greats always die for thier career... race car drivers etc..

TheSquidd
09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
dam musta been a slow painful death.. poor guy. The greats always die for thier career... race car drivers etc..

Hunter S Thompson... drugs and guns.

180sExy
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
1st off it sucks when we hear about anyone whos life was cut short. second it's especially sad when we loss someone with the passion and commitment. he risked his life with almost every show.he brough awreness too animals that were in danger an conservation.in my eyes he was a hero. he gave his life too open our eyes to the beauty of our planet.my prayers go out too his wife an three kids. he really was a special man! R.I.P. Steve

HyperTek
09-05-2006, 09:22 PM
dang on the news, they where talking about if his death video should be released or not, and they qouted previous words of his mentioning he wants his whole thing to be filmed even if he is getting chewed up so he can go down saying "crikey".

Poor guy, i say they dont release it, showing him fall from something so small as a stingray.. and just for the respect of him.

TheSquidd
09-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah I heard he pretty much made millions, and gave it all away to conservations. That's a man, dedicated to his work, his passion, I can only hope I die with a life like that.

johngriff
09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, i hear the interview with the cameraman who was there. He said the ray stings him dead in the chest, steve stand straight up out of the water, and pulls the rays tail and stinger from his chest and heart, then just drops. Now that is hardcore, a mans man.

undesiredshoe
09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
its so sad whats happened to him. He loved animals so much, If you watch his tv shows, just look at his facial expressions and you'll understand how much he loves and cares about animals.

Whenever i meet nice caring people, it makes me think of how cruel i can be, I mean im a nice person and all but people like steve just makes me look horrible.